Author Topic: Where Fellowship ?  (Read 2557 times)

NorthSeeker

Where Fellowship ?
« on: August 09, 2007, 04:10:52 AM »
If you are willing to share, I'm interested in knowing where you find local fellowship ?  The reason I'm curious is that for quite sometime I haven't been finding other than one other person locally that shares the same thoughts and beliefs as I do.  Socially it's been a lonely walk.  Perhaps I'm in the spot the the Lord wants me.  At home with Him and you guy's here for learning and sharing ?

God Bless You,
Bruce  :bigGrin:

shibboleth

Re: Where Fellowship ?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 04:33:38 AM »
I have a few girlfriends I am talking to on MSN and I do the forums. But, I don't have any one on one contact with any other believers. I know it can get lonely, but I prayed that God would give me one friend I could talk to on a regular basis and He did!!! :icon_flower: I will pray that you can find just one person to relate to. It can be lonely not having any human fellowship around the most important person in our lives: Jesus Christ.

Seeker

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 06:09:38 AM »
I've been wondering the same thing.  Each week I attend a different church, looking for a place to "go" and I haven't had any luck yet.  Keep us updated with your search!  :thanks:

Seeker (AKA Ruth)

Offline Kratos

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 07:13:19 AM »
Same here. At least Shibboleth gets to have a few girlfriends.

My wife is not so understanding.

John
Send me a Personal message
Seeking a Kingdom whose Builder and Maker is God

Offline AbbasChild

• Father Judges No One
    • Abba's Child
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 12:15:12 PM »
I join the club. As far as I can see from the internet etc. my wife and I are properbly the only people who believe like we do. There are some who believe in UR, but reject the gifts of the Holy Spirit etc. and I don't think that a doctrine is the basis for fellowship, but rather the Person of Jesus Christ Himself. Its good to hang around here though.  :boyheart:
It is much more possible for the sun to give out darkness than for God to do or be, or give out anything but Blessing and Goodness.- William Law

Man can certainly flee from God... but he cannot escape him. He can certainly hate God and be hateful to God, but he cannot change into its opposite the eternal love of God which triumphs even in his hate. --Karl Barth

Offline hopeful

• Bronze
  • He was there!
    • To Know Him More
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 02:06:55 PM »
Hi Bruce!   :icon_flower:

I used to long for a group of people to be my "church family".
Little by little the Lord has lead me out from that desire.
Instead He has given my husband and me a vision for what we call
 the church in the streets. 
That doesn't necessarily mean "meeting in the streets' 
but rather the church living as a natural outflow as God's people,
 where ever they are!
It might be a restaurant, or a park, the store,
or having people over for a meal-
Just God's people getting together and letting the LIFE flow!

We have a young, single woman that shares this vision with us
and we do see her about once a week.
I'm sure we would see her more often but she lives 40 minutes away. 
We also have another family that we get together with
about every other month and they share this vision also. 
Here recently we have seen this family more often. 
In fact, we moved here because we thought
they were moving here too but then the Lord directed otherwise.
(That was a nice little trial!)   :mshock:
Other than that, we never know what the Lord may bring our way.

Let's see... 
I get together with another mom occasionally
and we take our young sons to the park.
She is a new believer and has linked up with a popular denomination.
At first, it was hard for her to fellowship around the Lord. 
She only knew how to talk about her church organizations programs
(which, by the way, are quickly loosing their appeal). 
But now, I think she's seeing the beauty of talking about HIM -
and how he helps us in our every day life!

My husband and I have rich fellowship with one another
on a daily basis and that is my favorite fellowship!   :cloud9:
Then I also come on this forum and another one to give and receive.

Our desire is to fellowship around the Lord Jesus Christ and Him alone! 
When we do this, we can find a lot more fellowship!   
And if our focus is on giving, rather than recieving,
we will be much more satisfied!   :thumbsup:

Hey, John, I know what your wife is going through!
If she can just hang on, it will get better!
If she likes to write- I would love to correspond with her!

:HeartThrob:
Hopeful
You're welcome to visit http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/

arcticmonster2003

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 02:09:47 PM »
Where fellowship? I don't know. Everytime I try and talk with local christians (small town, about 4500 people)(but like 10 churches) the conversation always goes something like this

They ask: Are you saved?
I reply: Yes
They ask: When were you saved?
I reply: I don't know, a couple of years ago
They ask: Were you babtized
I reply : Yes
They ask: Do you believe in the trinity
I reply: well I believe in Father, the son and the holy ghost, but I don't have any heavenly knowlege about heavenly things yet (this often leads into a lengthy reprimand and how I must state my faith in the trinity or something like that)
They ask: Which church do you attend
I reply: none
They tell me: You have to go to church
I say: Why
They say: You need to be around other christians who share your faith and beliefs
I say: Yah, I know, I just haven't found them yet
They say: Well how can you learn about God
I say: I seek him in the bible, wait upon him, pray
They say: thats not enough, you must also blah,blah,blah,blah

and so on and so on, like some type of weird programming or something wanting specific dates and times and places, people and all of this information, like they are giving me the 20 questions heatlamp interrogation, and forget about bringing up doctrine unless I am just looking to have some dogfight, which I am not, we are talking about fellowship, and fellowship is hard to find for me other that places like this website. Lets face it, most christians will either lock you up in the law, or lock you down in hell, this is reality and not just me being negative.

Offline hopeful

• Bronze
  • He was there!
    • To Know Him More
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 02:27:04 PM »
Lets face it, most Christians will either lock you up in the law, or lock you down in hell, this is reality and not just me being negative.

Hi Arctic,   :icon_flower:

I am sadly familiar with the religious spirit you mentioned.   :thumbdown: 
It's as if you're being backed up against a wall
for the purpose of being slapped around.
(Gee, thanks!)   :sigh:
I would definitely avoid such confrontations if possible!

But ya know, I think part of our answer may be in whetting their appetite!
If our speech is seasoned with salt, they will get thirsty for more!
If the Light is shinning out from us, they might not know what's up
but they might be curious!
Of course, we can't have an agenda... 
We have to listen to His voice as He leads.

We spent months (years?) alone in the "wilderness" just being taught of the Lord.
We tried to get out of that wilderness to no avail.
It felt like we were banging up against a brick wall! 
I do think there is a time to be alone.
For everything there is a season.
Only the Shepherd can show you what season you're in.

Hopeful
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 01:24:40 PM by hopeful »

Offline Tony N

• Bronze
    • Saviour of All Fellowship
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 02:47:46 PM »
I guess I am really blessed. Here in Almont we have quite a nice little group that get together for Bible study. We all help each other out when one has a need.

Have you tried putting a little ad in the news paper to find some who can give you the fellowship you desire?

arcticmonster, I know what you mean.
Once I was way back in the mountains of California all by myself (I backpacked to this place to camp out) and this "minister" with his two demons . . . er . . . I mean "deacons" came up to me and the minister, I guess was going to show them "how it's done." He started getting in my face wanting answers to questions like (shouting in a loud voice at me: ARE YOU BORN AGAIN!!!???). To which I answered softly, I am a new creation. Anyway, I had some books on God saving all with me and I cheerily looked at him and said, Here! Here is a good book you can read when you get back to your home, and gave it to him. He and the two demons, oops, (must be a freudian slip) I mean, DEACONS, left me in disgust while I merrily thanked God for leading those three all the way back into those mountains to me to minister to them.

Life is interesting, isn't it arcticmonster?
Tony
Just because God says He will save all mankind
does not necessarily mean He won't.

shibboleth

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 03:34:46 PM »
Same here. At least Shibboleth gets to have a few girlfriends.

My wife is not so understanding.

John

LOL BTW I am female also, so I guess if I can have a few girlfriends. Now hubby might not mind if I had a few boyfriends to talk to!!! :icon_joker:

NorthSeeker

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 04:14:15 AM »
Thank you all.  I do have another thing in common with some of you... my wife still attends a local church.  I for a while was attending a house church but when I began to ask questions regarding God's love and that I was questioning the whole hell thing, I was mocked.  Since leaving there, God has shown me that if I want to see real demonic's at work in someone...just bring up a fact that hell is a fable brought into the church by a pagan belief,  I have witnessed nashing of teeth.  So now I do have one other person, at work who is a seeker like me.  I thank God for the friendship I have with this man.  Thank you all again for your replies.  Very comforting and interesting points you have made here for me with this post.

In God's Love,
Bruce

joian

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 09:43:53 PM »
Wow, you all shared so many great insights....God is doing a new thing, if you are out of the church or discontent with it you are being led by him......I was called out of my local church 5 years ago.......the pastor sent my family out with a blessing and the laying on of hands. She bore witness that the Lord told her I was released from that ministry...and it was a surprise to both of us.....I spent the next year and a half trying to find the next CHURCH he was sending us to.........We all scouted around to find a place we could attend........Evenutally my daughters each found a church they felt they were being led to.........me?  The Lord kept telling me I was going to go back to school...........the struggle to disengage from the organized church has been as monumental as leaving Egypt.........and very symbolically the same.........I have come to enjoy the wilderness experience and as our brother shared.........he can even send those he chooses out into the wilderness to find you........How often they come.....the ministry goes on......even in this hidden away time.........fellowship also.   But the most amazing part is the one or two he joins us together with.........who would have ever thought there could be such joy in the one or two he sends into our life........  I have regular fellowship  by phone.......one in Oregon and the other in Wyoming..........and  spirits touch during those times, the church meetings we have, are filled with the presence of the Lord...........and love for each other.............and it is enough.   I have found face to face fellowship can at times take away and distract, it is not the be all that I once enjoyed.......Then there are the times with my Lord alone..........never would have found that in the maddening crowd.........or in the helps ministry.........or in praise and worship.........it has become the "be still and know that I am God" part that makes this desert/wilderness  time bloom like a rose..........I won't be going back..........there is nothing there I want. I have found my beloved "outside the camp" in the secret place.

Joian

Offline hopeful

• Bronze
  • He was there!
    • To Know Him More
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 02:34:22 AM »
God bless you Joian!   :HeartThrob:  There's nothing like the secret place!

Offline Kratos

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 10:02:00 AM »
Joian,

Thanks for sharing your heart. By the way, how is our Wyoming friend anyway?

John
Send me a Personal message
Seeking a Kingdom whose Builder and Maker is God

joian

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2007, 05:13:57 PM »
Hi John and Holly,

Good to see a familar face in the crowd............LOL

Our friend is better than ever and I'm sure he is around these parts too, from time to time............LOL   

Love to you both,

Joian

NorthSeeker

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2007, 10:34:06 PM »
I have for about ten months now believed from within, maybe just common sense, I don't know but what I have been thinking especially since leaving the 'organized church' that if the Holy Spirit ministered to John at Patmos and Paul in the desert, then why in the world wouldn't he minister to me or other people.  The Holy Spirit was given to us for a reason.  So in comparison, those who go to organized church and are only ministered to by man in a sense are just like those who had to follow Moses. Just throwing this out, since this is how I have been feeling for quite sometime.  The Holy Spirit wasn't given to us for nothing. So I have believed lately that it is my flesh that wants to 'socialize' as a church. :grin:

In Christs Love,
Bruce

Offline hopeful

• Bronze
  • He was there!
    • To Know Him More
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 12:25:02 AM »
Hi John and Holly,

Good to see a familar face in the crowd............LOL

Our friend is better than ever and I'm sure he is around these parts too, from time to time............LOL  

Love to you both,

Joian

Love to you too, Joian!   :girlheart:

crlnray

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2007, 12:28:18 AM »
Hi Bruce,That last post of yours really hit me,I have been feeling alone and wanting some one to talk to about all the new things I have found.To talk to about Jesus and all he his done for us.I knew I could never go back to the church the way it is.All my friends were in the church,but when I said I didn't believe in hell,all hell broke lose.And the only friends I have are on the web.I had forgoten it was the Holy Spirit that showed me the things I have learned not man.And he is there just waiting to fellowship with us.It is just are flesh,that wants some one to fellowship with.Thanks for the remender,some time we need that.crlnray :thumbsup:

Offline hopeful

• Bronze
  • He was there!
    • To Know Him More
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2007, 12:43:06 AM »
  The Holy Spirit was given to us for a reason.  So in comparison, those who go to organized church and are only ministered to by man in a sense are just like those who had to follow Moses.

Hi Bruce,   :icon_flower:
I think you're right!  The Holy Spirit is given to us for a reason!
For me, He comes before the scriptures and all men!

Concerning church, I think it's good to be sensitive toward everyone here and where the Lord has them.
The key is for each one of us to follow the Lord as He leads.
I didn't leave the "organized church" until the Lord led me too. 
And while I was there, I was being ministered to by the Lord alone and I was ministered to by the Lord through men
For many people, organized church services are a social club type of addiction
but it's not that way for everybody. 
And I think it is true that there are people who are "scared to death" of following the Lord for themselves- hearing from Him.
But many are simply trying to follow their Lord the best way they know.   
I think we're all being taught of the Lord- in phases- in stages- in different ways.

Hopeful   

Offline hopeful

• Bronze
  • He was there!
    • To Know Him More
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2007, 08:14:15 PM »
I guess I am really blessed. Here in Almont we have quite a nice little group that get together for Bible study. We all help each other out when one has a need.

Hi, Tony!  Where is Almont?    :icon_flower:

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2007, 12:29:44 AM »
 :cloud9: Hi; I have a couple of friends in within a 60 mile radius who believe the same things, for the most part, but I don't see them often. I have not gone to a church for fellowship in many years, except as He would lead me to for His purposes. I accepted that I was called out to be alone with Him, for many reasons, including cutting the soul ties that we are used to depending on for comfort. After we come out from under the moon/law, the stars still have to fall from the sky (the people we've looked to as light in the darkness of the night time of our souls), so that we'll look within for the light of the Son to guide us.

:2c: But you know, I found out "by accident" (Haha...no accidents with God) that fellowship is not based on finding someone who believes the way you do. Don't limit Him from appearing in someone of different beliefs to you. If you are grounded in what He has made life in you, no one can shake that foundation, and focusing on what you DO agree on in the Spirit of Christ yields unexpected fruit. One of the best times of fellowship I have had involved a Jehovah witness and a Mormon. I knew absolutely nothing about what they believed and would have dismissed them off hand, had He not had me listening to Him at that moment of contact and stopped me.

:winkgrin: It's like speaking to a person of another country, and you're the "translator", translating out of the kingdom of darkness (their carnal mind's doctrines) and into the kingdom of light (mind of Christ understanding). Every doctrine that is, had it's origin in something of truth in the Kingdom, because there's nothing new under the sun. When a king visited another nation, he had to take a translator with him, to be understood. You are the translator He wants to take with Him to many "nations".........who will it be today? Blessings to you........
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

crlnray

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2007, 03:19:53 AM »
Just a few words on fellowship.Jesus left us with the things we need most.And that is to love others as we love our self,and to love God with all our hearts.Our Father has been teaching me to love others,no matter what they believe.Just love them and they will see the love and know that God is love.All I am trying to do is just show every one how much God loves them.Most of what they disagre with is mans doctoring,not what Jesus taught.crlnray :icon_flower:

mercy

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2007, 05:39:29 AM »
  :winkgrin: It's like speaking to a person of another country, and you're the "translator", translating out of the kingdom of darkness (their carnal mind's doctrines) and into the kingdom of light (mind of Christ understanding). Every doctrine that is, had it's origin in something of truth in the Kingdom, because there's nothing new under the sun. When a king visited another nation, he had to take a translator with him, to be understood. You are the translator He wants to take with Him to many "nations".........who will it be today? Blessings to you........

Awesome thought, Rebecca!   :thumbsup:  Everything of heaven is untranslatable to the carnal mind...and yet as we become fluent in heaven's language, we can suddenly understand others better too because everthing gets filtered through that holy ear that has been pierced by Him.   :icon_king: :icon_queen:

martincisneros

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2007, 07:08:59 AM »
If you are willing to share, I'm interested in knowing where you find local fellowship ? 

Fellowship is [absolutely] anywhere that you can get it, for real. 

I've got a stack of people's cell phone and regular phone numbers from all over the country, but until I've got my cell phone back on, I really don't want to do the long distance bills.  My cell phone is unlimited minutes, local and long distance for a low flat fee, but I ain't had that flat fee in - I'm not even going to say how long.

I've recently joined a Charismatic Church, where I genuinely believe that the Lord wants me.  I played hookey today and just went back to bed when the alarm went off.  Wasn't quite "in the mood" for the particular "new members" class that I knew would highlight ET today, because I already knew what the outline looked like for today.  I'll face that particular class in another 5 weeks and then I'll have finished my 5 weeks of what they consider to be their basics and I'll officially be "in."  Still praying about when/if to cause havoc, or whether or not I'm just there to edify in the areas where we can agree.

There's the occaisional email that's not a personal attack or an attempt at casting something out of me for believing in the Universal Restoration.  Emails aren't as frequent as they used to be, because in addition to UR, I'm charismatic/pentecostal, futurist in Bible prophecy, and postmillenialist, plus a few other "heresies" in the areas that'll make people the most uncomfortable in their lifestyles.  Too much baggage for some UR folks  :happy3:

Then there's the discussion boards, of course, and an interesting animal rights version of "myspace" that I've recently become a part of.  Because I'm on the same page with them on AR, then I'm able to speak fairly freely about UR as well.  It's not a Christian website, except for my corner of it where I'm causing a bit of havoc with some blogs and other stuff, but I'm definitely growing on them pretty strongly.  Let's just say, I have a well developed argument for some things that appeal to them.

Other than that, there aren't any UR believers anywhere within walking/bus distance of me.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2007, 07:28:13 PM »
 :thumbsup: Bruce......flesh and blood have not revealed that to you, but my Father, which is in heaven ;) run with it......

:girlheart: Thanks Mercy! Good to see you're back!  :HeartThrob:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor