Author Topic: Where's the GOOD NEWS?  (Read 771 times)

Offline AJ

• Snr
    • Jesus the Light of the World
Where's the GOOD NEWS?
« on: September 22, 2007, 06:38:12 AM »
Ain't this the typical message of "GOOD NEWS"?

.01 %  Good News and .99 % Bad News.

http://hellwrecker.com/whatif.htm
"Pretty soon, everybody will get what they deserve, which is ..."Salvation"..."Reconciliation"..."Restitution"..."Restoration"..."Immortality"... and "Incorruption" --- now ain't that the coolest thing?

Offline firstborn888

• Bronze
  • Not all those who wander are lost
Re: Where's the GOOD NEWS?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 07:48:00 AM »
Yeah, pretty 'damn' narrow and depressing.

And I thought the dark ages were over?

Apparently not?  :dontknow:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 07:51:35 AM by firstborn888 »

arcticmonster2003

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 02:07:14 AM »
 :bdh: :Shoot:

(cow in the middle is the recipient of that good news)

Gizmo

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 02:54:03 AM »
Ridiculous post, of course. It would be interesting to turn it around on the fundy...

What if God really loved everyone?  What if Jesus didn't fail in His mission to save the world?  What if everyone's sins were forgiven at the cross?

Good news is always the antidote to that bric-a-crac....

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 11:58:15 PM »
Hi AJ,

These people think the good news is, they escaped the fire by the skin of their teeth.  :Pray: They always assume it is the other person who will experience the fires of hell.  :heat: They got what they deserved according to them.   :mock:

CHB

shibboleth

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 01:31:52 AM »
:bdh: :Shoot:

(cow in the middle is the recipient of that good news)
I'm still laughing at how funny this is!!! Your sense of humor cracks me up. :icon_joker:

Offline fire walker

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 08:57:37 AM »
Yeah, pretty 'damn' narrow and depressing.

And I thought the dark ages were over?

Apparently not?  :dontknow:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yes, I thought the inquisitions and crusades were over too, but when giving closer consideration to this subject, I believe the church has changed? yes! has it gotten better? no! has gotten worse? YES.

I had a recent dream about this situation, why after two thousand years would the church wax bitter worse, becoming even more devided instead of becoming better?
the answer revealed in the dream " the corporately organized church, now countless denominationaly organized churches continue to grow shallow and worse until the mystery Babylon is unvailed and the man of perdition revealed, until then many are called out of organized church religion to work in rest as directed in spirit outside these traditional churches"  now after that dream it so much appears conditions in the world with politics and religion caving in on themselves that the unvailing is near at hand, the old is giving out in preparation for the new. The good news is in Jesus Christ alone, the good news gospel of Christ is only preached by the traditionaly religious status quo churches as a backdrop to all the hoops and hoopala one must jump through according to the doctrines of men which vary widely from church to church, the good news is waved in front of you, a line you must cross and another line you must not cross to jump through these hoopala hoops to get there keeps getting moved by these churches, pure bondage to the letter is all it has ever amounted to, oh well, stay between the lines, please the world, the church too and be luke warm seems to be what they have preached in general.

Peace,
Fire Walker
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 09:24:39 AM by fire walker »
If in this life only we have hope in Christ we are of all men most miserable.

1Cr 14:19

Offline Tony N

• Bronze
    • Saviour of All Fellowship
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 03:15:21 PM »
Ridiculous post, of course. It would be interesting to turn it around on the fundy...

What if God really loved everyone?  What if Jesus didn't fail in His mission to save the world?  What if everyone's sins were forgiven at the cross?

Good news is always the antidote to that bric-a-crac....

Gizmo, nice thoughts you have. I thought this was nice too:

"The position of one who believes in the universal
reconciliation is a most blessed one. First of all there is the
blessing which faith brings for it takes faith to take God at His
word concerning His ultimate purpose and it takes faith to keep
from adding to His word in those passages which seem to conflict
with His purpose. Then there is the blessedness of a complete and
satisfactory solution of all the "problems" which embitter our
lives and which drag God down into the dust. But above all there
is the ineffable delight in God Himself--which is the object of
all His works and ways as they are manifested in Christ--so that
only those who know Him as the universal reconciliation makes Him
known can have a true conception of Him as He is. It is useless to
say
He is Love, while we ascribe to Him the acts of a fiend. But now
we know that, not in name only, but in deed and truth He is Love."
(Unsearchable Riches, vol.6 pp.2,3).
Just because God says He will save all mankind
does not necessarily mean He won't.

Caitlyn Alexander

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 06:44:21 PM »
I have always been one to say that "be good or your Father will kill/torture you" is NOT good news.  NUH UH.  :(
For one thing, we are sinners by nature and cannot, by ourselves, "be good".
Even our most noble impulses and efforts are tainted by self-interest.  Even in the best most loving things we do there is always at least the tiniest sliver of "notice me for doing this" or "think what a good person I am that I do this" etc.
For another thing, threats and fears and guilts and punishments do not make people better people.
They just beat down the spirit and make you feel horrible to where you don't want to even try anymore.

At least, that is how I feel.

It hurts me so much to see that God allows people and threats like that to represent Him.  Why doesn't He intervene?

gatheredfragments

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 08:25:48 PM »
God is so amazing.  Because in His soveriegnty, he is the creator of dark and light and good and evil.  He is fully aware of the use of those negative powers and has used them on many occassion to bring about a change for his glory.  Consider the Pharaoh and his hard heart, and that God said he would harden that heart for his glory. 

While those threats are not edifying and encouraging, where they stem from is likely to be a necessity in God's overall plan. 

Considering the variations of the vessels of His creation, some are used for the holding of wine and food, and some are used to hold waste.  There is a purpose and season for everything.

The Good News, is that in the divine plan of restoration of all things, it will all come to the point of the 'bowed knee'.  I have by personal experience watched the very creatures that exercised condemnation and damnation be changed by the forgiveness they were given by their victims.  This is glory to God.

Discipline is a wonderful form of Love.  God gave us discipline to teach us how to live harmoniously in our world, in relationships, and how to solve problems that are inevitable.  The Torah is a guideline of laws for the basics, the words from the mouth of Jesus are again law, and what Jesus guided us to were also law, or disciplines that we should follow.  These serve the whole of the human experience to teach us how to judge rightly in the matter of discerning what the consequences of our own actions will be, or how to view and discern what we are witness to. 

In my view, I understand there is a type of 'threat' in the Good News, and that is that my idle attitude, words, and works WILL have a price.  Some call it karma, it can be named recompense.  Either way, our Father has told us there is consequence for everything we do.  Its a matter of what I am willing to face in myself, and willingly work out in fear and trembling. 

How hard it is too.  God's plan is so much greater than my own personal view.

Offline 97531

• Restricted
  • Truth is Freedom
    • Father's Love Forum
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 10:30:31 PM »
:goodpost: s

The way I see the way others see it (wow talk about ambiguity  :bigGrin: ) many look at the judgements of the OT and drag it into the NT or drag the NT back to the OT.  :dontknow:

Now we go back to the 1st offence of Adam.

Now he was punished Finito.  He is not still paying for his mistake in hell or is he?  :mshock:

Likewise with all the folk God had killed or used the earth to swallow them up. They died, punishment executed.  Now in hell?

This mindset is the "come up hither" so I can really show you how mad I am :eek: :pointlaugh:

Then we have "it is finished" yet God is still this awful dude with a bad temper.  Well we have the flood to thank for that.  Was it global?  Maybe but at worst a huge Tsunami worldwide and there must have been survivors, look at the many different races, Oh of course I forgot that has to do with the climate, :Yeahright:

Put a black man and woman in the Steppes of Russia and it sure will take many generations, if ever, that the offspring will change features and likewise I am probably 6th/7th generation in Africa and my kids look the same more or less as my wife and I. BTW I am not racist.

Sin has consequence in this life, sowing and reaping, after that, if any believe we still need purging, then the cross is of no effect.

Jesus came to save us from our sins.

The judgement, I last read was works (deeds) dead or good. And the WTJ, who's name is in the Book of Life? Notice singular, there's the clue.

So either we all burn or we all don't, which is it?  The names cast into is not Fred Susan Joe etc.  It is whore-monger, thief, murderer, liar etc.  Know them?

I do, they belong to the carnal nature, the carnal nature is what gets snuffed out.

Blessings
My Blog       Father's Love Forum - New
IHWLAMAHOB
Christian Milkshake: Pressed down, shaken together and more than we can hope for

Offline fire walker

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2009, 09:35:09 AM »
:goodpost: s

The way I see the way others see it (wow talk about ambiguity  :bigGrin: ) many look at the judgements of the OT and drag it into the NT or drag the NT back to the OT.  :dontknow:

Now we go back to the 1st offence of Adam.

Now he was punished Finito.  He is not still paying for his mistake in hell or is he?  :mshock:

Likewise with all the folk God had killed or used the earth to swallow them up. They died, punishment executed.  Now in hell?

This mindset is the "come up hither" so I can really show you how mad I am :eek: :pointlaugh:

Then we have "it is finished" yet God is still this awful dude with a bad temper.  Well we have the flood to thank for that.  Was it global?  Maybe but at worst a huge Tsunami worldwide and there must have been survivors, look at the many different races, Oh of course I forgot that has to do with the climate, :Yeahright:

Put a black man and woman in the Steppes of Russia and it sure will take many generations, if ever, that the offspring will change features and likewise I am probably 6th/7th generation in Africa and my kids look the same more or less as my wife and I. BTW I am not racist.

Sin has consequence in this life, sowing and reaping, after that, if any believe we still need purging, then the cross is of no effect.

Jesus came to save us from our sins.

The judgement, I last read was works (deeds) dead or good. And the WTJ, who's name is in the Book of Life? Notice singular, there's the clue.

So either we all burn or we all don't, which is it?  The names cast into is not Fred Susan Joe etc.  It is whore-monger, thief, murderer, liar etc.  Know them?

I do, they belong to the carnal nature, the carnal nature is what gets snuffed out.

Blessings

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Good post SeekerSA,

Yes the carnality gets burned out and churches that have their members trusting in the legal arm of the flesh works to the letter those hypocrite pharisee teachings  shall be snuffed out too!

Fire Walker
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 09:48:24 AM by fire walker »
If in this life only we have hope in Christ we are of all men most miserable.

1Cr 14:19

Offline fullarmor2

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2009, 05:58:53 PM »
     That stuff is something else.  Very sad!     I was reading something there on a different page and they were talking about
 "people and many believers do not take sin seriously enough  the way God does",   and that believing what they are saying about hell will cause you to start taking sin seriously the way you should.      Now,  I'm not sure I believe God takes sin seriously like that to begin with.     Because if God preplanned  all this,  and "the creation is made subject to this vanity, not WILLINGLY,  however in HOPE,"      then sin is expected by God.   
For all those who live in the shadow of death,  a glorious light has dawned!  And for all those who stumble in the darkness,   behold,   your light has come!!