Author Topic: What does Hell look like?  (Read 721 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
What does Hell look like?
« on: October 05, 2008, 01:03:41 PM »
Let me start with saying I don't believe in the ET type of hell. Basicly I believe UR.
I'm also aware what I'm asking might be impossible to verify.
I'm using the word Hell altough mostly I mean lake of fire.
All that said:

The Bible speaks of:
- Fire
- Darkness
- Smoke
- Correction
- Brimstone
- Wrath
- Bodies aren't destroyed by the fire
- Stench
- Etc

There are also many books/video's of people who got a vision or visit to hell.
I have to say I believe many are just fake. Just a way to sell books/make money.
But let's assume some are real. (this thread is not about listing such books/videos)

All that taken into account hell looks very much like the ET people believe.
Now my question is: Can those visions be aligned with UR?

I know/believe God is no sadist. But I also believe the correction/purifying process isn't a pleasant experience either.
So is it possible that the 'correction enviorment' looks exactly like ET Hell.
That the flames really hurt? That the people really scream?
Not because the flames are so hot but because when they 'insert' truth and knowledge the brain hurts of shame?
The flames are spirutally very hot.
Is there anything Biblical to support such a thing?

Everyone is judges/corrected according to their own works.
What is according?
a] The length and severity matches the sins
b] The form/shape/looks of the correction matches their sins.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline CHB

• Silver
Re: What does Hell look like?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 05:26:57 PM »
Hi White Wings,

Look up all the referrences to fire and you get a better picture of what the "fire" that is spoken of in the Bible is.

I don't think the lake of fire is a literal fire.

You ask about "according to their works". Being in Christ we have no works. "For it is God who works in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure". I believe these works was the Law.

CHB
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 05:32:56 PM by CHB »

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 06:30:11 PM »
Hi,

Fire:
I'm not a believer in literal fire. Many verses indicate the fire is the sprit/essence/... of God.
Lets call it a spirtual fire.
I was just trying to say: Perhaps it just looks like the classic hell.
That would explain all visions (if real) of hell (and perhaps even aligns with the Bible itself)

Works:
To be honest works still confuse me.
Yes I know only the sacrifice of Jesus plus the gift of live can save us. Let that be said.
But I see sins also as works.
My thought is that everyone has a diffrent punishment/correction.
Just as an example the rapist feels the fear/pain of the woman he raped.
The racist is thaught blacks are also real humans.
The very caring atheist or the sadistic serial killer.

I hope my question is a little more clear now.

:bottlebump:
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 06:48:12 PM »
Let me start with saying I don't believe in the ET type of hell. Basicly I believe UR.
I'm also aware what I'm asking might be impossible to verify.
I'm using the word Hell altough mostly I mean lake of fire.
All that said:

The Bible speaks of:
- Fire
- Darkness
- Smoke
- Correction
- Brimstone
- Wrath
- Bodies aren't destroyed by the fire
- Stench
- Etc

There are also many books/video's of people who got a vision or visit to hell.
I have to say I believe many are just fake. Just a way to sell books/make money.
But let's assume some are real. (this thread is not about listing such books/videos)

All that taken into account hell looks very much like the ET people believe.
Now my question is: Can those visions be aligned with UR?

I know/believe God is no sadist. But I also believe the correction/purifying process isn't a pleasant experience either.
So is it possible that the 'correction enviorment' looks exactly like ET Hell.
That the flames really hurt? That the people really scream?
Not because the flames are so hot but because when they 'insert' truth and knowledge the brain hurts of shame?
The flames are spirutally very hot.
Is there anything Biblical to support such a thing?

Everyone is judges/corrected according to their own works.
What is according?
a] The length and severity matches the sins
b] The form/shape/looks of the correction matches their sins.

When  my eyes were first opened to the UR concept I got angry and rejected what I was being told immediatly without even considering it.  That was the kneejerk reaction that I and many other religious people are conditioned to do.   We are conditioned to reject any message that does not align with what the church we are has not taught.  It is told to us thats how to keep from being deceived.  Once my anger subsided I felt compelled to see just what this message was about.

There again though, I was actually going against the warning because religious instruction that generally tells us not to do this. 

The first thing I noticed is that I found verses that I had never heard in church and others that I saw in a different light and I was devastated and miserable because of all my years listening to pastors and church leaders,  I could not come up with a defense for what I said I believed.

To me that is the nature of hell, but describing it would be hard since it is not actually the physical realm in which this takes place.

I think fire is depicted in the bible because it is both destructive and useful if used in the correct manner.  It also is a universal thing.  I doubt there is culture on the planet that would not understand this about fire.

It can purify by destroying the things that impede growth.   

Just my opinion anyway.

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 08:30:45 PM »
Hi,

Fire:
I'm not a believer in literal fire. Many verses indicate the fire is the sprit/essence/... of God.
Lets call it a spirtual fire.
I was just trying to say: Perhaps it just looks like the classic hell.
That would explain all visions (if real) of hell (and perhaps even aligns with the Bible itself)

I hope this is not the case.  :mshock: I just thought of something, I have never really been told by an ET'r what they thought hell looked like. Do they think it is huge, how big is it, is it under the earth, somewhere in the earth? If they believe it is as big as a lake how does the millions of people fit into it? Does God keep these people alive especially to torture them? Wouldn't the shock of being burned kill a person?  Someday, I am going to ask these questions of someone who believes in ET.

Quote from: WhiteWings
Works:
To be honest works still confuse me.
Yes I know only the sacrifice of Jesus plus the gift of live can save us. Let that be said.
But I see sins also as works.
My thought is that everyone has a diffrent punishment/correction.
Just as an example the rapist feels the fear/pain of the woman he raped.
The racist is thaught blacks are also real humans.
The very caring atheist or the sadistic serial killer.

I hope my question is a little more clear now.

:bottlebump:

I believe works was before Christ, no works after Christ. I guess you could say works are a type of sins.

I don't believe in a punishment so to speak, just a correction. I think this correction will be done out of love and the only pain that will be felt will be in the mind. Having to change our ways and our thinking. I don't know about length of times this correction takes place. I would say some are more stubborn than others.

CHB

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 12:18:08 AM »
When  my eyes were first opened to the UR concept I got angry and rejected what I was being told immediatly without even considering it.  That was the kneejerk reaction that I and many other religious people are conditioned to do.   We are conditioned to reject any message that does not align with what the church we are has not taught.  It is told to us thats how to keep from being deceived.  Once my anger subsided I felt compelled to see just what this message was about.
Looks like I have a headstart then. I was 95% atheist when my search started a year ago.

The first thing I noticed is that I found verses that I had never heard in church and others that I saw in a different light and I was devastated and miserable because of all my years listening to pastors and church leaders,  I could not come up with a defense for what I said I believed.
Let me guess.... half of you pastors didn't know the verses either. The other half said you are taking thing out of context.

To me that is the nature of hell, but describing it would be hard since it is not actually the physical realm in which this takes place.
True. That's why I never expected picture and drawings so to speak.

I think fire is depicted in the bible because it is both destructive and useful if used in the correct manner.  It also is a universal thing.  I doubt there is culture on the planet that would not understand this about fire.

It can purify by destroying the things that impede growth.

I also agree with that. I've learned quite a few things for all my spamming  :laughing7:

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 12:27:36 AM »
I believe works was before Christ, no works after Christ. I guess you could say works are a type of sins.

I don't believe in a punishment so to speak, just a correction. I think this correction will be done out of love and the only pain that will be felt will be in the mind. Having to change our ways and our thinking.
Agreed

I don't know about length of times this correction takes place. I would say some are more stubborn than others.
Isn't that stubborness build during your life? In fact still believing the sins are no sins.
Possibly a little far fetched but I see that a works too.

Another thing I'm struggling with is this.
God doesn't lie. God doesn't change. And God is no repecter of persons.
Especially that last one seems of great importance to me.
Jesus died for all people. Also those who died before Jesus was born. Correct?
That would mean God has 2 measuring sticks. Works and 'Jesus'
Don't ask me for verses beacuse I don't have them; but to me it seems against teh spirit of the Bible...

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 01:38:42 AM »
Quote from: WhiteWings
Another thing I'm struggling with is this.
God doesn't lie. God doesn't change. And God is no repecter of persons.
Especially that last one seems of great importance to me.
Jesus died for all people. Also those who died before Jesus was born. Correct?
That would mean God has 2 measuring sticks. Works and 'Jesus'
Don't ask me for verses beacuse I don't have them; but to me it seems against teh spirit of the Bible...

Jesus is the end result, right?  We were chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world? Works is something Christ overcame. Not two sticks but one, Christ.

CHB

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 09:09:59 AM »
"Works is something Christ overcame"
Yes.
Before Jesus was born (on earth) people thought/where thaught the measuring stick was works + animal sacrifice (often)
For Jesus onward that has changed into believe into Him + sacrfice of the devine Lamb (once)

That's means two measuring sticks or is one measuring stick is thrown away?