Author Topic: Was not all of the OT scripture until Jesus died?  (Read 513 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Was not all of the OT scripture until Jesus died?
« on: November 22, 2009, 06:14:53 PM »
I know of two rules that make something Scripure.
It has to come from God and it needs at least 1 witness.
When we holding a Bible we hold thousands of year Scriputal history.
But at the beginning there were no witnesses yet. Some came for example centuries later.
When did Genesis 1:1 became Scriputure?
Moses recieved the 10 commandments from God. But when did they become Scripture and binding.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not claiming we must check if God made mistakes or lied in some way.
I'm just trying to follow the instructions that we must find a witness.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline rosered

• Gold
Re: Was not all of the OT scripture until Jesus died?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 07:47:38 PM »

God is the  heavenly Witness   always has been and always will be

He swore by no greater than Himself  
 because there was none greater  witness   than Himself

.. :HeartThrob:

Gen 22:16   And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only [son]: 

Gen 22:17   That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which [is] upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; 

Gen 22:18   And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice
 there is a couple of laces the Lord has done this ..
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 07:55:14 PM by rosered »

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 09:24:06 PM »
God is the  heavenly Witness   always has been and always will be He swore by no greater than Himself because there was none greater  witness   than Himself
Fine. Agreed. But Himself God said a witness is needed. My guess is that it is a safety check against corrupted translations. Not a check if Father, Son or HS told a lie.
Whatever the reason He said it is needed. And I think we can't simply ignore that because He said (and is) the Greatest.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 10:53:29 PM by WhiteWings »
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 09:38:31 PM »
God is the  heavenly Witness   always has been and always will be He swore by no greater than Himself because there was none greater  witness   than Himself
Fine. Agreed. But that seem greatest of all God said a witness is needed. My guess is that it is a safety check against corrupted translations. Not a check if Father, Son or HS told a lie.
Whatever the reason He said it is needed. And I think we can't simply ignore that because He said (and is) the Greatest.

The Thing is   it must witness  within you , for it to become  life(true to)    in you

the Law of Moses under the old covenant was  you would die without mercy  under  2 or 3 witnesses

Do you think we can  die with mercy under the new covenant  witneses ? :thumbsup:

:HeartThrob:

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 10:59:38 PM »
The Thing is   it must witness  within you , for it to become  life(true to)  in you the Law of Moses under the old covenant was  you would die without mercy  under  2 or 3 witnesses
Ok, I just assumed it was (also) about the written verses.
Do you think we can  die with mercy under the new covenant  witneses ? :thumbsup:
You will surely die with 7 witnesses.
Jesus ordering the 6 angels at the sides of you bed to carry you to heaven :thumbsup:

Much better as those who die with just one witness that is there to open the trapdoor :sigh: