Author Topic: video games  (Read 1633 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: video games
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2008, 05:47:53 PM »
Main character of a story/movie/game/....

1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2008, 05:50:01 PM »
Oh . . .if that's the case then disregard the Scripture I put out . .  I thought it meant something all together different. :Whistle:

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2008, 05:54:40 PM »
Oh . . .if that's the case then disregard the Scripture I put out . .  I thought it meant something all together different. :Whistle:

It does Bro...Amen :icon_flower:
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2008, 09:24:31 PM »
I play a lot of role playing games- being a writer, I need something with an indepth storyline to grab me in. I once wrote a whole essay on how one of the protagonists was supposed to represent Christ, but it crashed :(

Given the true meaning of the word, this actually makes sense to me now.  I really thought it meant something totally different that just didn't fit with the context of this message . . .I thought it was meant to be a joke . .thus my passage about a head and tail . . .I really thought I was being witty until somebody implied my response didn't make any sense . . . I hate it when that happens!!!

Andromeda_Organa

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2008, 12:21:11 AM »
What did you think it meant?

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2008, 12:24:14 AM »
sigh . . . um . . .it has to do with the tail . . .

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2008, 02:59:40 AM »
OKAY FINE!!!!

"protagonist" (gulp) read as  . . .sigh . . . proctologist THERE!  I said it . . . . :BangHead:

I almost made it through this year without making any mistakes at all . . .until now. :Evilgrin:

Offline Akira Takahashi

• Est
  • Hero of Time
    • Nerdy Goodness
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2008, 06:14:09 AM »
You're talking to a collector of all things Legend of Zelda related!

I am Akira Takahashi, and I am an obsessed nerd.  I broke my record of three weeks sober today when I played Endless Ocean for an hour.  It didn't stop there.  I went on to play Breath of Fire 2, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Final Fantasy 9.

I know I should try harder, and I do try.  However, I found a book called "The Legend of Zelda and Philosophy" and I had to get it.  Maybe if I'm busy reading essays, I won't be playing.  The next time I return to this support group, I hope to be sober again.

Yeah right... :rolleye: :cyberworld:

Andromeda_Organa

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2008, 05:29:34 PM »
You're talking to a collector of all things Legend of Zelda related!

I am Akira Takahashi, and I am an obsessed nerd.  I broke my record of three weeks sober today when I played Endless Ocean for an hour.  It didn't stop there.  I went on to play Breath of Fire 2, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Final Fantasy 9.

I know I should try harder, and I do try.  However, I found a book called "The Legend of Zelda and Philosophy" and I had to get it.  Maybe if I'm busy reading essays, I won't be playing.  The next time I return to this support group, I hope to be sober again.

Yeah right... :rolleye: :cyberworld:
Where did you find that book? Can I get it online?

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Akira Takahashi

• Est
  • Hero of Time
    • Nerdy Goodness
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2009, 08:25:59 AM »
It's been a very interesting book, to say the least.  Unfortunately, it makes me want to go play the games again.  Ah well, it seems that my sober streak ended over the holidays anyway.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2009, 08:40:15 AM »

"protagonist" (gulp) read as  . . .sigh . . . proctologist THERE!  I said it . . . . :BangHead:

:mrflo:  now that's funny...
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

martincisneros

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2009, 08:50:05 AM »
Does anyone else here play video games? :girlheart:
Yup!  I've thought about designing my own, but have lacked the motivation since my preferences are a simple pinball machine, any type of racetrack game, pacman, Galaga, and any other type of buck rogers like outer space ok corral where it's one outer space fleet fighting another one.  I get into the martial arts games and some other games every once in a while, including Star Wars of course.  Some other games.  I beat all of 'em fairly quickly though, including the chess ones. :dontknow: Can't remember some of the games I've played and beaten before, though.  As I was originally only going to say, I'm on :cloud9: with simply a pinball machine or a pool table.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2009, 10:54:16 PM »
Did you beat Galaga? I do remember Zalaga. Maybe the same game on another platform.
It's simply impossible to win that game. The number of levels is infinite. More and more baddies moving at ever increasing speed  :laughing7:

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2009, 12:20:35 AM »
Hey, I think I remember that one . .it was one of my favorites . .I was terrible at it . .but I loved playing it.