Author Topic: Time  (Read 2328 times)

Offline Nathan

• Gold
Re: Time
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2011, 11:38:34 PM »
Yikes!!  I clearly understood all of that and loved every word of it!!! 

Online micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2011, 12:13:04 AM »
"Our universe simply can't exist without decay."  "between living infinitely long or living outside of time."

Has to be time for decay and living to happen.
In this realm yes. The warmth you feel from the sun is the sun burning up. ==> Decaying/dying.
You must eat to stay alive. You indigestion is based on decay.

The funny thing is that even science agrees with "God created the ages"
There was no time before the Big Bang according to science.
In the Bible the Big Bang is called Genesis

It's a difficult topic Micah. Not only to collect solid proof (verses) but also to explain.
Our world doesn't know the concept of 'no time'. That means we have no words to adequately discuss such a topic.
So all we can do is juggle a bit with words to explain a timeless concept with words that all have a meaning of time.

"The funny thing is that even science agrees with "God created the ages"
There was no time before the Big Bang according to science."

Lets see then as per science God did not exist before this "big bang ," but what they over look is that God DID exist before the big bang, just the word "exist" affirms TIME. Again I  love to quote His Word

Rev 1:8 I am the Alpha and the Omega,is saying the Lord God, Who is and Who was and Who is coming, the Almighty."
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2011, 08:54:44 AM »
"The funny thing is that even science agrees with "God created the ages"
There was no time before the Big Bang according to science."

Lets see then as per science God did not exist before this "big bang ," but what they over look is that God DID exist before the big bang,
Firstly there are many scientists that are as Christian as you are. But of course that's not my point. My point is that without knowing it scientists came up with a theory/model that agrees with creation.

just the word "exist" affirms TIME.
That's why I wrote earlier; we don't have any relevant words that aren't time based. If you have such words please share them because it would lead to better understanding eachother.

Gotta think a bit about it but for me "exist" is timeless. Or at least can be timeless. Anyway whatever words I use, all I trying to say that I can imagine a realm that's totally timeless.

Again I  love to quote His Word

Rev 1:8 I am the Alpha and the Omega,is saying the Lord God, Who is and Who was and Who is coming, the Almighty."
I have two answers for that:
a] Don't forget the beginning and the end. If we must look at time it means that Alpha and Omega had a beginning and will also cease to exist. (who do you think Alpha/Omega is?)
b] I think it's possible HS has some problems expressing things adequately. Not because HS has limited skills but because WE are so locked into time with our time based language.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 08:59:09 AM by WhiteWings »
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...