Author Topic: Things you had to re-think after believing in UR  (Read 574 times)

natcat86

Things you had to re-think after believing in UR
« on: November 25, 2009, 06:02:50 PM »
I was really suprised when I first believed in UR at the amount of things I had taken for granted were true but I suddenly saw as nothing more than man made traditions. Some of them are not directly UR related (if anything can be not related to God being all in all :icon_joker:) Examples are:

Church structure, why is there one preacher, why does the congregation have to be so passive?
Where does it say we should tithe to our church?
Where does it say everyone will fall into one of the 5 fold ministries?
Where is sunday school in the bible?
When did the great commision become about "getting people into church" and not about sharing Jesus no matter were they end up?
Where does it say we should be 'relevent' to the world?
Why is worship music, preaching style, power point presentations, comedians, magitians, pop stars all used as evangelical tools? Why isn't the good news enough (I think this one is because they need to sweeten the bitter taste of the ET doctrine!!) Also they are all for the glory and comfort of the congregation not God!

No wonder I dont want to go to church anymore!

Barry DuPont

Re: Things you had to re-think after believing in UR
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 06:24:37 PM »
 :thumbsup:
Great thread idea.

Definitely a new and different paradigm.
It means that God really is love.
Nice to actually believe it. :)
Blessings, Barry

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 06:50:06 PM »
I had an answer for all questions but deleted it. Basicly all reasons are somehow connected get a better grip on people and earn money. It's just a company. They sell faith.

1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

natcat86

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 06:57:42 PM »
Oh I know that now! Just amazing that when the scales fell off my eyes about ur and it all seemed so obvious, so did all the other stuff!

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 07:13:30 PM »
I loved Sunday school.  All those great stories, and I got to color Abraham's tunic and Joseph's coat of many colors.  Great songs, and crafts, too, in the summer.

I was taught that Jesus loved me from as far back as I can remember.

Good stewards of children, those!

natcat86

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 07:43:10 PM »
I enjoyed sunday school too because i'm a teachers pet in any school setting. But it dawned on me that a lot of people I know had not had positive experiences with it and it had created a lot of misconceptions for them about who jesus was and salvation. When my parents were not attending a church we would all get on my parents bed sunday morning and eat toast and talk about Father. I still walked away as a teenager but those home sunday school conversations helped me get back I believe. Unfortunately I think a lot  of children find it boring. :-(

natcat86

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 08:41:56 PM »
Thought of another one, it dawned on me that church handed out Holy Spirit prescriptions on Sunday that last for 7 days, you had better come back next sunday to top up your prescription! Every week we have the alter call to come get filled up for the week ahead. Its like, just feed you enough to keep you dependant on us. Dont do too much independantly from us!

In The Marriage Book Nicky Lee describes the difference between marriage and parenthood. In marriage you should always be becoming more dependant on each other, as a parent you child should always be getting more independant from you. In church I think that you should be married to the Lord getting more dependant on Him everyday and becoming more independant of the Pastor for your spiritual fulfilment. (Not to say you shouldnt build relationships in church)

:girlheart:

natcat86

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 11:50:25 PM »
:thumbsup:
Great thread idea.

Definitely a new and different paradigm.
It means that God really is love.
Nice to actually believe it. :)
Blessings, Barry

Thanks Barry!

God really is love, when I ask my ET friends how God can really be love and punish His creation forever they say, "Well He's also Justice", as if God's hands are bound by His own warped justice, His hands were bound and nailed to the cross but they aren't any more! Yay! Loves wins!

Kimberlaina

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 05:51:39 AM »
I reconsidered many, many things.  I was just talking to my fiance tonight about how I grew up in a staunch Protestant denomination that discouraged any kind of artwork, symbolism, and even quiet meditation.  Everything was about the church service, Sunday School, youth group, and as time went on, it became more about the style of worship and the praise band.  I never felt like I fit in.  I'm a quiet person and my talents lay in art and writing.  I went to lots of Christian youth events and never had a "spiritual high" like everyone else, but always felt like something was wrong with me.  In Sunday School, I asked tough questions about ET that made the teachers and elders writhe.  I think believing in UR has allowed me to accept my own spirituality as it is and not try to cram it into somebody else's idea of worship.  If painting a bell pepper is my way of admiring God's beautiful creation, so be it -- I don't need to be up in a choir to be praising Him.  I feel so liberated . . . it's something I think about every day and I still get excited about my freedom like a little child  :HeartThrob:

natcat86

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 08:39:53 PM »
  I feel so liberated . . . it's something I think about every day and I still get excited about my freedom like a little child  :HeartThrob:

Thats very similar to how I feel, free! When my dad became a christian he had a really powerful amazing experience and was practically floating on cloud 9, it only took 2 weeks of being in a church to knock that out of him. Its such a shame how the church spends so much time getting people 'free' of sin and then loads them up with their own chains of guilt and obligation.  :sigh: But thank the Lord He is opening more and more people's eyes to this everyday and setting people free once and for all! Joy!
 :cloud9: