Author Topic: The salvation of all people  (Read 1438 times)

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
The salvation of all people
« on: November 03, 2012, 01:50:21 AM »
It's my practice, in addition to my regular Bible reading, to use Biblegateway and their " the bible in a year program." I use it because there are many, many translations and I feel it  helps understanding to read the word of God not just in my favorite translations but also in a different one every year. Sometimes a verse just hits you like it never has before. You go back and check and yep, it says the same thing basically, it just never "hit" you that way before. Here's a couple of verses that wowed me yesterday from Titus 2:11-14   (Good News Translation)

11 For God has revealed his grace for the salvation of all people. 12 That grace instructs us to give up ungodly living and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in this world, 13 as we wait for the blessed Day we hope for, when the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ[a] will appear. 14 He gave himself for us, to rescue us from all wickedness and to make us a pure people who belong to him alone and are eager to do good.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline thinktank

• Silver
Re: The salvation of all people
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 07:26:41 AM »
what I love about that verse is that is plainly states who Jesus is.

Also just noticed the emphasis on living godly lives. Is that our purpose on earth?

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 03:17:28 PM »
I always thought it was thinktank. A Godly life is one of Loving since God=Love
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 08:02:57 AM »
I always thought it was thinktank. A Godly life is one of Loving since God=Love

I think we are here to light the way, in this stage of the reconciliation of all things- and to accomplish our priesthood and sonship through the grace of God and the experience of the things we suffer- even as Jesus learned obedience through the things He suffered, and what Ded said :o) that is walking in the light, which is love, which is the means of the reconciliation of all things and the stuff that will bind us all together in the All IN ALL.
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 09:35:43 AM »
Titus 2:11-14   (Good News Translation)
11 For God has revealed his grace for the salvation of all people. 12 That grace instructs us to give up ungodly living and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in this world, 13 as we wait for the blessed Day we hope for, when the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ[a] will appear. 14 He gave himself for us, to rescue us from all wickedness and to make us a pure people who belong to him alone and are eager to do good.

This can be read to include those who haven't officially believed on the name of Jesus yet.
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 09:03:47 PM »
Titus 2:11-14   (Good News Translation)

This can be read to include those who haven't officially believed on the name of Jesus yet.

As can this:

Romans 2:
You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2 Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3 So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment? 4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?

5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God "will repay each person according to what they have done." 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.
12 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) 16 This will take place on the day when God judges people's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 04:13:28 PM »
mystery of godliness...is being born of love[spirit]  many other scriptures declare it...

mystery of ungodliness..is offspring of viper spirit that does not love..but is full of hate

murder etc..man of lawlessness= man that does not have love of God and brother in him..but evil

contrast spirit that misses the 'mark'/fullness of Love

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 05:10:37 PM »
Hebrews 1:3 (Good News) -  He(Jesus) reflects the brightness of God's glory and is the exact likeness of God's own being, sustaining the universe with his powerful word. After achieving forgiveness for the sins of all human beings, he sat down in heaven at the right side of God, the Supreme Power.

WOW! so much doctrine in one verse!

Pure light can't be seen- any light we THINK we see is actually a reflection (on earth, water, dust particles, other matter, etc.
Jesus is the EXACT likeness of God's own being.
Jesus sustains the universe with his word(just as he commanded the wind and the waves)
Jesus acheived (or accomplished) forgiveness for the sins of ALL human beings (doesn't mention angels for those that are concerned God would save the devil - if he does, it's none of our business)
Jesus is at the right hand of God sitting on the throne of God, the Supreme power (God and Jesus both the supreme power but as the good son, Jesus allows himself to be subject to the Father.)

I especially liked the direct way it said he acheived the forgiveness of ALL the sins of humanity with no mention of belief, acceptance, walking the aisle, repenting, getting baptized, christened and a myriad of other yokes placed upon us by ET'ers.
Let me know how the above verse hits you. :Peace2:

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 05:31:41 PM »
ETrs and fundies in general, have taken all the things God gave us and made them prerequisites for avoiding Hell. All of their doctrine is hinged upon interpreting "salvation" as escaping hell, as opposed to entering life.

Everything Jesus and the apostles instituted was towards progressive deliverance form the fallen nature, transformation and the manifestation of "zoe/life".

When the overall "spirit" within the words is corrupted, the words no longer deliver life- you know, the old "letter vs spirit syndrome".

Hebrews 1 paralleled with Colossians 1:16-21, John 1:1-15, 2 Corinthians 3:15 through 4:6 , and Romans 8:16-30 creates an immovable foundation revealing that all creation and the entire purpose of it is revealed in the divine nature of Jesus Christ as THE LIGHT, and that the ecclessia of God are ordained for the spreading of that light into the entire creation in a spirit of reconciliation that reflects the glory and goodness of God- dispensing unmerited favor to all.

Offline dajomaco

• Bronze
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 06:04:36 PM »
Salvation according to many evangelicals can only be realized
for sure, once you are physically dead.
You can believe you are dead to your desires, and try to pretend,
 that you know you are definitely saved.
You never really know how dead to desire your brother and sister are,
so you kind of like have to assume they may or may not be as saved as you are .
They have different groups and denominations that urge there adherents to be as dead to desire as they require. Some dead a lot, some not so much. The more dead to desire the organization is the more full of desire there leadership is. Yeah but they are fighting hard
they are fighting the fight. They have distain for those weaker brother and sister you use the forgiveness of Jesus as a sloppy rendering of the word.  Sin is still a big problem
Jesus did all he could do and know it is up to us to finish the good work he started .

Salvation according to me, never started it always was.
I only found out about it once I stated to believe.
I have an eternal relationship with God .
God Loves me eternally and has given me every demonstration that my
mind could understand that he Loves me.
 His Love is so pure that it so far above my concept of Love.
He asks that I have faith in his Love being even greater than the Love that I now receive .
The Love I now receive is Good it is all I need but his spirit assures me that we are just starting to understand the Love of God. 

« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 07:00:38 PM by ded2daworld »

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 07:04:01 PM »
I think I know what you mean Dajo, but one line of yours:

Jesus did all he could do and know it is up to us to finish the good work he started

That kinda implies the work isn't finished as he said it was, and if it's now up to us, what happens when we fail?

Offline dajomaco

• Bronze
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 10:01:13 PM »
Salvation according to many evangelicals can only be realized

You will have to ask them.
I am already finished.

They are still working

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 10:44:11 PM »
I see I got the point of view confused. You were speaking from an ET'ers point of view at that time. My Mistake :doh:

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 07:19:40 AM »

Jesus did all he could do and know it is up to us to finish the good work he started

That kinda implies the work isn't finished as he said it was, and if it's now up to us, what happens when we fail?

Yet we are to exhort one another daily to love and good works. Works created from the foundation of the world that we should walk in them. Laboring to enter into His rest. Ahh paradoxical paradigms, I love you all.

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 08:23:55 AM »
With my eyes closed, I was prayerfully meditating how to get those where we've been going Sunday morning to consider their idea of salvation and what the Word says.  What is salvation, what is your part in it, and so on, even as we've been reading and writing here right now.  Realizing additionally how I'm not allowed to do anything like that, in the main "service" anyway, is so frustrating I found myself earnestly reaching toward them as I was being pulled up so my feet weren't even on the ground.  It was like I was trying to get back on the earth while God was lifting me up into a higher realm.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:54:44 AM by reFORMer »
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 01:30:36 PM »
Wow!
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline dajomaco

• Bronze
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 05:25:33 PM »

Yet we are to exhort one another daily to love and good works. Works created from the foundation of the world that we should walk in them. Laboring to enter into His rest. Ahh paradoxical paradigms, I love you all.

My work (if work is the right word) is to Enter into his rest. :beach: not sleeping just resting.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 06:31:33 AM »
Not wresting, resting :o)

Be still, and kno that I am God (KJV)

Cease striving, and know that I am God (NASB)