Author Topic: Teachings  (Read 782 times)

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
Teachings
« on: November 07, 2010, 04:46:51 AM »
Are there many on this sight that have read and agree with the teachings and writings of J. Preston Eby? I have followed and have accepted( no I lived and died believing his work) his teaching for over thirty years and it is just now that the Lord is showing error in some of his teachings. His law of circularity can not be as he states. His teaching that other men/woman can raise the dead. I find them not within Bible truth.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Paul Hazelwood

Re: Teachings
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 04:55:55 AM »
Are there many on this sight that have read and agree with the teachings and writings of J. Preston Eby? I have followed and have accepted( no I lived and died believing his work) his teaching for over thirty years and it is just now that the Lord is showing error in some of his teachings. His law of circularity can not be as he states. His teaching that other men/woman can raise the dead. I find them not within Bible truth.

I hope you know it is ok to disagree with popular religious ministers.  :)

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 05:01:28 AM »

I was once Roman Catholic.

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 05:30:38 AM »

Yes, I know and I do find it healthy for my understanding of His Word. I found this site thru many religious ministers. I have found this site to be quite uplifting and a forum of good debate and growth. Yet now its seems that some have been so instilled with teachings, that it is set in concrete and the thought of change or reasonable thinking outside of that box is out of the question. I am here to learn from others, but I believe that what we have recieved by good and great men and women is but a scratch on the surface, but that scratch is their scratch and not mine or yours.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 05:39:56 AM »

Oh! By the way!

Preston Eby recently posted Part 107 of his series on the Book of Revelation.

www.kingdombiblestudies.org/Revelation/rev107.htm

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 05:46:53 AM »

Yes, I know and I do find it healthy for my understanding of His Word. I found this site thru many religious ministers. I have found this site to be quite uplifting and a forum of good debate and growth. Yet now its seems that some have been so instilled with teachings, that it is set in concrete and the thought of change or reasonable thinking outside of that box is out of the question. I am here to learn from others, but I believe that what we have recieved by good and great men and women is but a scratch on the surface, but that scratch is their scratch and not mine or yours.

Some think being open to learning is agreeing with what they say, hahaha.   There are lots of great articles and people who write reasonable things, I mostly enjoy learning for myself the path I am on towards God and sharing it as I go.  Some of that can include what others say or write, but I nor you or anyone else is truly bound to what anyone else thinks, be free Micah.  :)

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 05:52:28 AM »
 :cloud9: I haven't read his writings, but I too believe in what I think you're calling the "law of circularity", AND that "other people" can raise people from the dead. After all, it's the LORD in them doing the "works" as the Word says the Holy Ghost does the works. His works were made manifest and recorded. There have been several ministers over the years who have had such things happen in their meetings. My  :2c: Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 05:53:45 AM »

Oh! By the way!

Preston Eby recently posted Part 107 of his series on the Book of Revelation.

www.kingdombiblestudies.org/Revelation/rev107.htm

Yes. And I have recieved it as I always do. I love and respect Bro. Eby the man who I believe has brought the Body in a great way closer to understanding The Word.

• Gold
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 05:57:12 AM »
Some think being open to learning is agreeing with what they say, hahaha.   There are lots of great articles and people who write reasonable things, I mostly enjoy learning for myself the path I am on towards God and sharing it as I go.  Some of that can include what others say or write, but I nor you or anyone else is truly bound to what anyone else thinks, be free Micah.  :)

Glory! Very good words!

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 03:40:53 PM »
Just out of curiosity what is the law of circularity?
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 05:15:32 PM »
http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/savior-of-the-world/circularity.htm#The%20Law%20of%20Circularity

The law of circularity requires that EVEN AS ALL THINGS BEGAN IN CHRIST, ALL SHALL END IN CHRIST. "I am ALPHA and OMEGA, the beginning and the end ,
The Alpha and Omega symbols are on many churches.
And often next to it a serpent/dragon biting his own tail. Ermmmm :dontknow:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 05:24:16 PM by WhiteWings »
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 08:24:39 PM »
LOL okay thanks WW.
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 08:39:12 PM »

No one has all the truth. Baptist, Catholics, Calvinist, UR's all the religions of the world have some of the truth, none of them have all the truth. I do believe some have more of the truth than others.

CHB