Author Topic: Split from Pray for Pres. Thread - Jealousy in God's Plan to be All in All  (Read 7500 times)

Zeek

Re: Split from Pray for Pres. Thread - Jealousy in God's Plan to be All in All
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2009, 05:35:14 AM »
One of my favorite passages, Mol (and Zekester).  Sooo much in there.  Quite a good summary of God's plan of ultimate reconciliation, actually.  :thumbsup:  Them's shoutin' scriptures!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :HeartThrob:

Rom 11:15  For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2009, 05:39:00 AM »
Hallelujah!  The whole creation groaning, then DELIVERANCE!  The whole earth will see the salvation of the Lord.  Lord hasten the day!

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2009, 05:42:10 AM »
Ok, I'm just going to bring this down to a personal level. I can understand God wanting the love and peace in my heart that is there because of HIM and what He has done in my life, to cause others to wonder about it. To wonder where is this peace coming from? Where is this love coming from? How can she love this way? How can she possibly love that person when that person did THAT to her?? I can understand God using what He has done in me to be maybe a little stepping stone to help wrap yet another person in HIS love. Like a domino effect. We all have people whom we remember on our path that we knew God had something to do with the peace and love in their heart. I can understand perhaps a lonely, bitter heart in need of God's love being touched by one of us who have walked a lonely, bitter path and yet now have peace. I can understand the love of God in that. "provoked to wanting to know God" is what I'll call it. Not jealousy. Because jealousy is an ugly resentful thing.

NOW... what I'm thinking you all are saying is perhaps... jealous feelings are coming from those who are NOT wanting to know God. They are turning away from God. But they are jealous because they desire peace also, but they are not willing yet to have their carnal man start to die. So instead of "provoked to wanting to know God"... they are instead, (because of their not wanting their carnal man to start really dying yet) they are INSTEAD provoked to jealousy. (which as I said is bitter resentment.) Well now this is a FAR LONGER ROAD to travel to get to God. Because they are basically, turning BACK away from God and walking back down the road. They will eventually have to come to a point where they are "provoked to wanting to know God". But, we know that THEY EVENTUALLY WILL because God will be all in all.

This is how I see "provoke to jealousy" but I am not so sure that this is what you all are saying or what.

peace.

Edited to add: ok I just read the last 3 or 4 posts, maybe this IS What you all are saying.  :dontknow:

"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline jfraysse

• Est
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2009, 05:46:00 AM »
Well, I'm still on the ground pecking around in the dark with Sparrow on this one.  And I probably have already semi-violated the ground rules of this forum, so I will stop here. :mblush:

You guys are the best and in this time of Thanksgiving, "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you!"

In His Love, John :HeartThrob:
I'm smart enough to know that I'm not always smart enough!

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2009, 05:48:30 AM »
11Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

--Mat 5

Matthew 5:10
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2009, 05:48:40 AM »
Well, I'm still on the ground pecking around in the dark with Sparrow on this one.  And I probably have already semi-violated the ground rules of this forum, so I will stop here. :mblush:

You guys are the best and in this time of Thanksgiving, "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you!"

In His Love, John :HeartThrob:

lol..

You too, John... :HeartThrob:
"I knelt to drink,

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #106 on: November 24, 2009, 06:06:25 AM »

34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

--Mat 10

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2009, 06:07:49 AM »
Molly, are these verses in response to what I just posted? or no..?  :HeartThrob:
"I knelt to drink,

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2009, 06:09:32 AM »
Molly, are these verses in response to what I just posted? or no..?  :HeartThrob:
They are in response to the thread.  Not to what you just posted lol.

Oh you mean your bigger post?  Let me go look.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 06:14:04 AM by Molly »

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #109 on: November 24, 2009, 06:14:12 AM »
ok, thanks.. :grin:
"I knelt to drink,

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #110 on: November 24, 2009, 06:18:11 AM »
Quote from: Sparrow
Ok, I'm just going to bring this down to a personal level. I can understand God wanting the love and peace in my heart that is there because of HIM and what He has done in my life, to cause others to wonder about it. To wonder where is this peace coming from? Where is this love coming from? How can she love this way? How can she possibly love that person when that person did THAT to her?? I can understand God using what He has done in me to be maybe a little stepping stone to help wrap yet another person in HIS love. Like a domino effect. We all have people whom we remember on our path that we knew God had something to do with the peace and love in their heart. I can understand perhaps a lonely, bitter heart in need of God's love being touched by one of us who have walked a lonely, bitter path and yet now have peace. I can understand the love of God in that. "provoked to wanting to know God" is what I'll call it. Not jealousy. Because jealousy is an ugly resentful thing.

Sparrow, have you never had the experience of being rejected, laughed at, humiliated, or hurt by people because of your love for Christ--whether directly [because you do or say something] or indirectly [because of who you are]?

Zeek

« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2009, 06:20:12 AM »
Rom 3:1  What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

Rom 3:2  Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

but,

Rom 10:3  For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

and

Rom 1:19  Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them.

Rom 1:21  Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

then for me, the grafting in of gentiles, to provoke them to jealousy makes sense.  

and through this, mercy on all.  

to apply this to today, imo; is imaginative and likely to be interpreted differently by many believers. 

« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 06:23:36 AM by Zeek »

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2009, 06:23:41 AM »
Quote from: Sparrow

Sparrow, have you never had the experience of being rejected, laughed at, humiliated, or hurt by people because of your love for Christ--whether directly [because you do or say something] or indirectly [because of who you are]?

Molly, what makes you ask me that?

IF I say yes... what?
If I say no.... what?
"I knelt to drink,

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2009, 06:25:54 AM »

IF I say yes... what?
If I say no.... what?

It's not a trick question.  I was just hoping to find something that you could relate to about what this passage is talking about.

It happens to me all the time.  But, then, I'm surrounded by atheists and only stupid, childish people even believe in God where I come from.

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #114 on: November 24, 2009, 06:29:05 AM »

IF I say yes... what?
If I say no.... what?

It's not a trick question.  I was just hoping to find something that you could relate to about what this passage is talking about.

It happens to me all the time.  But, then, I'm surrounded by atheists and only stupid, childish people even believe in God where I come from.

I didn't think it was a trick question, just can't figure out what made you ask it based on the portion of my post that you quoted?

Did my post, then not make sense?
Is this not how you see it?

Like I said, I'm just trying to understand what you folks are saying.
"I knelt to drink,

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2009, 06:38:28 AM »

IF I say yes... what?
If I say no.... what?

It's not a trick question.  I was just hoping to find something that you could relate to about what this passage is talking about.

It happens to me all the time.  But, then, I'm surrounded by atheists and only stupid, childish people even believe in God where I come from.

I didn't think it was a trick question, just can't figure out what made you ask it based on the portion of my post that you quoted?

I'm just talking for myself, now. 

You said--

I can understand God wanting the love and peace in my heart that is there because of HIM and what He has done in my life, to cause others to wonder about it. To wonder where is this peace coming from? Where is this love coming from? How can she love this way? How can she possibly love that person when that person did THAT to her?? I can understand God using what He has done in me to be maybe a little stepping stone to help wrap yet another person in HIS love.

Can you also understand people who might want you dead because of all of the above?  People who gnash their teeth because you love Christ?  People who hate God, and so, whenever they get close to him, through you, they are thrown into uncontrollable, pathological envy?  People who so do not want to hear it, that they turn rude and tell you to shut up in midsentence even though you are responding to their question or statement?  Or people that go nuts because you say to them, that's not right, or we can't do that?

That has never happened to you?  You've never been persecuted for Christ's sake or for righteousness' sake?

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2009, 06:49:20 AM »

IF I say yes... what?
If I say no.... what?

I'm just talking for myself, now. 

You said--

I can understand God wanting the love and peace in my heart that is there because of HIM and what He has done in my life, to cause others to wonder about it. To wonder where is this peace coming from? Where is this love coming from? How can she love this way? How can she possibly love that person when that person did THAT to her?? I can understand God using what He has done in me to be maybe a little stepping stone to help wrap yet another person in HIS love.

Can you also understand people who might want you dead because of all of the above?  People who gnash their teeth because you love ChristPeople who hate God, and so, whenever they get close to him, through you, they are thrown into uncontrollable, pathological envy?  People who so do not want to hear it, that they turn rude and tell you to shut up in midsentence even though you are responding to their question or statement?  Or people that go nuts because you say to them, that's not right, or we can't do that?

That has never happened to you?  You've never been persecuted for Christ's sake or for righteousness' sake?

Let's start with this:
People who want you dead?
Pathological envy?
What is your proof of those two things in those people?

Secondly... people being rude to you is not something I would call being "persecuted".
(just my opinion, others may feel differently.)

Sure, I've talked to many an ET'er who, though I was being reasonable and loving, they went into fits of anger because what I was saying was against what they believed. This is do to a walled up heart. They haven't allowed their fear to be dealt with so their heart has been walled in brick by brick. This is a process... breaking down those walls. People do not believe int he goodness of God for MANY reasons. Fear being a main one. Most are too SCARED to look at what they actually say they believe. This can lead to a numb heart, a shriveled heart eventually. But anyway, this is a huge topic which I could talk for a long time on but it's getting off track. Basically, no... from the way that I share the good news with others, it usually does not have them wishing I was dead. Perhaps there is something forceful or "off" about the way that you are sharing with others to have them want you dead?? Because, this sounds a bit extreme to me.  Just trying to reason this out with you.

"I knelt to drink,

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2009, 07:02:33 AM »
Sure, I've talked to many an ET'er who, though I was being reasonable and loving, they went into fits of anger ...

Ok--call it fits of anger, then.  It's all the same thing.  In the Bible, the anger becomes physical--from Cain to Jesus.  Anger is a deadly emotion.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2009, 11:49:40 AM »
So how exactly is all of this giving glory to God? By saying that the love and peace in our heart because of HIM will provoke others to murderous jealousy?
How is any of this "good news" that we are to be spreading..?

Just not following any of you guys.
I really don't think that I need an "interpretor"  :mblush:.
Just basic answers would be nice.

:dontknow:
these are as Basic as they Come Sparrow..  :icon_flower:

haVE a great day  :icon_flower:

well gee thanks. :sigh:

Sorry -Didnt means to sound Rude Sparrow..but it was getting on for 3am in the morning.... :icon_flower:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 01:20:25 PM by Taffy »
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2009, 01:17:54 PM »
Maybe some of us are just "basic", Taf.  Count me in  :laughing7:.

I've tried to address this in different ways.  I'll try to explain my understanding of it this way.

How God, in His sovereignty, chooses to do things is not up to me.  It's not about whether I understand it, agree with it, or like it.  He may choose to handle things in certain ways that I personally (my flesh, my carnal mind) cannot fathom, and from my perspective I might say "God's not playing nice".  I probably struggle with that EVERY single day, and sometimes MANY times throughout the day.  My flesh and mind sometimes "scream out" against the things of God.  It's the spiritual battle against the flesh.  But what God chooses to do and how He chooses to do them isn't up to me - and guess who needs to change?   :mblush:  

What's up to me is to bow my will before Him, take Him at His Word, believe everything He has to say to me, both in my heart and spirit and what is written in the scriptures, and let that change me - my feelings, my perspective, my view, my very being (Taf, is that what you were getting at about "clean the inside of the cup"?).

I'll be the first (or second, I imagine somebody already has  :bigGrin:) to say that I'm lousy at doing the above.  That's why I need His grace, his patience, his forgiveness, to slowly bring me along - because I am literally lost without Him.

So if God's Word says that God brings people to jealousy, then what does He mean?  Not "did He say it", because He obviously did.  But what does it mean, what does that look like, how am I supposed to live while God is working HIS plan?   The fruit of the Spirit is (not directly quoting) righteousness, peace, joy...and there remains faith, hope, and love, and the greatest of these is love.

:HeartThrob:  
Again James..didnt mean to sound condesending, twas gettin late and at the time it was the easiest way for me to word it...maybe This way?

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded [is] death; but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace. 

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 

The soul\flesh is the will, desire, emotions Mind\heart , missing the mark is Not having the Mind of Christ, or His will, desire FOR us not aliegned to HIS..

The cleansing of the Cup is the renewing of this very Soul, its being renewed daily through HIS SPIRIT , or known as DYING to self ..we are a WORK being Created in Progress..being perfected through suffering

1Cr 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.  

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Its HIS LIFE in us which brings the HOPE of Glory to fruition , the full manifestation of Sons. ..US BEING ONE SPIRIT in HIM, HIM in US

Rom 5:10   For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Its Through Much tribulation[ pressing In] we enter the Kingdom ...which is the inner man being made complete...IN US.

Act 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, [and] exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

This Flesh Profits NOTHING..so, Its This Flesh which was alien To Christ as with Pharisees ,The Spirit is The head of the Soul ,But by their OWN [soul ]mind  will and Desire  was to remain where they were , The pride of the Flesh Refused The Life Saving Spirit in their midst...what was In their heart, manifested itself in deed.

[[[[[again it comes down to -are we FULL of His spirit[nature] Now , or do we have it only in part[nature]...]]]]

God uses The jealousy of the Flesh as with Israel , to stir Them, after all, It was Only the Kingdom at Stake.....

my TWO PENNIES, theres Brits here as well....Rofl  darn yanks.... :HeartThrob:... mind you, most of my friends be American thesedays, care to adopt me...lol

love you guys :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower:

Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2009, 01:53:56 PM »
 :goodpost: Taf.

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2009, 02:05:42 PM »
Quote from: Molly
First, it doesn't have to be literally murderous.  It just turns out that way a lot in the Bible.  For instance, Jesus on the cross--remember?  Also, Jesus tells us if you think it, it's as good as doing it.  So if you are thinking hateful, murderous thoughts about someone, it's as good as carrying out the act.

Finally, something I agree on Molly with.   A good example of this is those who are seething with hatred for President Obama and are praying for God or man or anyone to literally kill him.   Such people are walking in darkness, whether or not they are using the name of Jesus at the very same time.  In fact, to be doing such things while naming the name of Christ makes it even worse.

I've never been seriously persecuted for being a Christian.   However, if I went around trying to poke my beliefs down others throats, they very well might get sick of me in a hurry and if I were to think of that as being persecuted, I'd just be being dishonest with myself.   No one has the right to try to force with a hateful spirit the teachings of Christ on others.   People should be drawn to you because of goodness, not because of your railing against their sin.   It is astonishing how many "Christians" do that and then cry that they are being persecuted.

My two cents......

Anne
Ours is not to make up anybody's mind, but to open hearts.
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2009, 02:16:00 PM »
Quote from: Raggedy Anne
People should be drawn to you because of goodness, not because of your railing against their sin.  .

You mean like they were drawn to Jesus' goodness?  

67Then they spit in his face and struck him with their fists. Others slapped him 68and said, "Prophesy to us, Christ. Who hit you?"

--Mat 26

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #123 on: November 24, 2009, 02:32:47 PM »
People should be drawn to you because of goodness, not because of your railing against their sin.  .

You mean like they were drawn to Jesus' goodness?  

67Then they spit in his face and struck him with their fists. Others slapped him 68and said, "Prophesy to us, Christ. Who hit you?"

--Mat 26

You seem to forget about the people who WERE drawn to Jesus, Molly - the throngs who followed him and all the good works he did going about healing the sick everywhere he went.  Just because there were thugs along the way doesn't mean that everyone rejected his goodness. 

However, I know Christians who act like the devil, then when people reject them they cry... "I'm being persecuted for Christ's sake".   There is a big difference.   So you believe people are rejecting you and persecuting you because of the goodness of Christ shining forth from you?   That seems to be what you are saying.   I wonder how many other people on here are having that same experience.

anne
Ours is not to make up anybody's mind, but to open hearts.
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #124 on: November 24, 2009, 02:46:55 PM »
However, I know Christians who act like the devil, then when people reject them they cry... "I'm being persecuted for Christ's sake".   

But that is not what we are talking about on this thread.

What did Jesus do to warrant the treatment he received?  Even those yelling Hossanah when he rode into Jerusalem on a donkey were shouting for his death a week later.

Not only is there no excuse for what they did to him, there is no explanation, other than the ones given here.

22Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ? They all say unto him, Let him be crucified.

--Mat 27