Author Topic: Soul  (Read 1137 times)

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
Soul
« on: November 04, 2011, 06:36:38 AM »
Excluding how the word "soul" evolved to the Greek definition, should one start at the beginning as we know where the beginning is, Genesis 2:7 reads that a "soul"  came to be living from the Lord God breathing into the dust of the ground.

Now from that point, one can begin to build on a truth. Now whether there was a "dead soul" prior to this point we can only speculate. But what we do KNOW is that the dust of the ground, being breathed into, this, became a living soul. And we know that a living soul is a "breathing creature." We also know that what we call animals that are breathing and walking around, creeping around, or flying ...are breathing creatures. I remain somewhat uncertain about the sea/water creatures, maybe someone has some insight; I am very disturbed about the "whale." But those thoughts will draw us off the main subject.

A "living soul" is a "breathing creature," that is a basic and fundamental truth and on this, I reason that we must begin to see what happened, for this is where man/ adam...we had our beginning. We are certainly vulnerable  at this point, I also reason that man/adam/  was probably made 30 years old, now thats just me.

What we have now is the first soul or person.....a human being...a mortal....a living creature. Have I started with a proper foundation? I am asking as well as offering, I am well open to reproof, rebuke, and correction. But I reason that should we/believers not start at the beginning, we will run awry, and we do not want that. Peace  :HeartThrob:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
Re: Soul
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 06:42:34 AM »

I reason the "breath" of life as God's Spirit not oxygen.

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 06:51:56 AM »

I reason the "breath" of life as God's Spirit not oxygen.

I do not. I reason, believe, and think that it was and is the very breath we/humans breath. It is what makes us alive

יH2416 chay  alive; hence raw (flesh); fresh (plant, water, year), strong; also (as noun, especially in the feminine singular and masculine plural) life (or living thing), whether literally or figuratively: -  + age, alive, appetite, (wild) beast, company, congregation, life (-time), live (-ly), living (creature, thing), maintenance, + merry, multitude, + (be) old, quick, raw, running, springing, troop.

Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 06:56:24 AM »

His breath is Spirit.
Anything else just "puffs" us up!

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 07:09:31 AM »

His breath is Spirit.
Anything else just "puffs" us up!

Yes, but it is right there where I believe and reason we go off. Its not a matter of puffing up. This was the initial jump start, this "breath of life" was what got His "ball" rolling. For me, we as believers immedialtely  bring in the Holy Spirit or His Spirit, when of a truth this breath of life was the breath that make man breath and live. Is His breath second rate? NO. Is His Spirit second rate? No.
Is God's Spirit not involved here? No. But what we read is our earthly beginning is that a hard thing to see or hear?

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 08:09:05 AM »
 Micah, God breathed into the nostrils of Adam.  Think of it.

The only other place we see that in the Bible is when Jesus breathes on the disciples and says, Receive ye the Holy Spirit.

This is the indwelling Spirit being given in both instances.

Later at Pentecost, the Spirit is given as a mantle of power.

But, the indwelling Spirit is given first.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 09:08:39 AM »
The first Adam became a "living soul". The second a "quickening spirit". But when Adam fell, didn't he become a "dead/dying soul? Jesus said, "Everyone who believes in me has passed from death into life". I think "the spirit of life in Christ" has set us free from the "law of sin and death" only if we are "in Christ". Maybe we could liken it to when the spirit left the temple "ichabod"- the spirit of the Lord has departed. Israel was still there- but they were "dead even while they lived". The encroachments of death(chaos, destruction) began in earnest.

So how does the "breathe" of life in a dead person walking in Adam differ from the Spirit in someone who has "passed from death into life", or again, from someone who has received the "promise of the Spirit".....

It shall come to pass in those days that I will pour out of my spirit on all flesh and your sons and daughters will prophesy and you young men will see visions and your old men will dream dreams?

I don't kno!!!! LOLOL

I noticed that Paul says to the assembled philosophers and religionists on Mars Hills..... For He is not far from any of us for in Him we live and move and breathe and have our being.

Man I love a good mystery!
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.com

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 09:12:33 AM »

The only other place we see that in the Bible is when Jesus breathes on the disciples and says, Receive ye the Holy Spirit.

I see what you mean and what you say and I believe with your assumptions we are immediately sent down a road of error.

I do not believe that any of this has a thing to do about Gen.2:7
"The only other place we see that in the Bible is when Jesus breathes on the disciples and says, Receive ye the Holy Spirit.

But, the indwelling Spirit is given first." Molly

• Gold
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 09:26:01 AM »
The first Adam became a "living soul". The second a "quickening spirit". But when Adam fell, didn't he become a "dead/dying soul? Jesus said, "Everyone who believes in me has passed from death into life". I think "the spirit of life in Christ" has set us free from the "law of sin and death" only if we are "in Christ". Maybe we could liken it to when the spirit left the temple "ichabod"- the spirit of the Lord has departed. Israel was still there- but they were "dead even while they lived". The encroachments of death(chaos, destruction) began in earnest.

So how does the "breathe" of life in a dead person walking in Adam differ from the Spirit in someone who has "passed from death into life", or again, from someone who has received the "promise of the Spirit".....

It shall come to pass in those days that I will pour out of my spirit on all flesh and your sons and daughters will prophesy and you young men will see visions and your old men will dream dreams?

I don't kno!!!! LOLOL

I noticed that Paul says to the assembled philosophers and religionists on Mars Hills..... For He is not far from any of us for in Him we live and move and breathe and have our being.

Man I love a good mystery!

"But when Adam fell, didn't he become a "dead/dying soul" Eaglesway
This teaching and assumption that man/adam "fell," again leads one on a path that teaches that God, Jehovah, the Father and Creator lost a little control. I think not.
As far as I know the Bible teaches us what a "living soul" is, to say or assume that a living soul BEFORE Gen. 2:7 is a dead soul is simply that an assumption. The whole point of my post is to let our thoughts and reasonings begin with what the beginning reads, not where all the religious teachings has led us to accept.
I contend that the "breath of life," in Gen.2:7 is the beginning, it is but our breath, the breath/spirit that returns to the one who gave it...when we are dead/expired. Yes God is Spirit, and the breath/Spirit of God is a Great and Powerful gift and offering and gift to mortal/sinful man, to aid in the changeof mind[repentance]..the renewing..the being born from above...born of The Spirit. Growing and becoming one with and in Him.
But that I contend had nothing, nada to do with the jump start of Gen.2:7

Please excuse if I sounded adamant, I am not, I just have been given this because I believe and reason that what we call our religion got off on the wrong foot because they never really had what The Lord had in mind. This of course was His plan, but we are in the hour when those who have ears to hear will HEAR. Should we have started in error, then all the things we have today, all that we have built on is sand. This is an offering of what the Bible reads in the beginning, a start rather than continuing to build. :HeartThrob: :HeartThrob: :HeartThrob: :HeartThrob:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 09:32:03 AM by micah7:9 »

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 04:24:16 PM »
One thing that impresses me is that when Adam and Eve are in the garden, the LORD God is in the garden with them.

And, when Adam and Eve leave the garden, the LORD leaves the garden with them.

After they leave the garden, we next see the LORD instructing the sons of Adam in the ways of righteousness.

Adam may have to leave the garden for his transgression, but the LORD never leaves him.

This is how I know how much Adam is LOVED.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 04:45:23 PM »

I see what you mean and what you say and I believe with your assumptions we are immediately sent down a road of error.

I do not believe that any of this has a thing to do about Gen.2:7
"The only other place we see that in the Bible is when Jesus breathes on the disciples and says, Receive ye the Holy Spirit.

But, the indwelling Spirit is given first." Molly

This is the first man, Adam, the quickened Spirit, the earthy man:

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. [Gen 2:7]

This is the resurrected Christ, the quickening Spirit, the last Adam, the second man,  the Lord from heaven:

Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you."

And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Spirit:

--John 20:21,22

Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. [1 Cor 15:49]

• Gold
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 07:33:40 AM »
Should we not be able to discern that the Gen.2:7 breath of life[that which ignites mans (mortal life) to be a living soul] is not "His Spirit," and that yet it is His very Spirit that makes all that was, is and will be, for ALL is of/from Him. This "breath" of Gen.2:7 is not the "breath" of Jo. 20:22, the breathe of Jo.20:22 was truly "life" and Jesus said also that He would give us life "more" abundantly Jo.10:10.
The Lord God started His man/adam with "breath" [thats how the human being lives, by breathing] like the turning of a key or the pulling of a rope or the push of a button introducing the spark of ignition that starts our car or lawnmower.

I will not and cannot deny that the breath of life in Gen.2:7 was not HIS BREATH HIS SPIRIT HIS LIFE, but at that time it was just the lucifer for that moment. (Boy will I get some fire for that one :laughing7: :laughing7:) :HeartThrob: :HeartThrob: :icon_flower: :cloud9: :bgdance: