Author Topic: SKYPE  (Read 668 times)

samsue1230

Hi there to all at Tentmaker.

Has anyone here ever heard of " SKYPE "  this is a free computer phone service, and I mean "FREE " if you call from computer to computer, and if you call from computer to land-line its only 2 cents per minute, I call my nephew in the USA from Australia  for up to 1 hour 30 minutes and it is free.

All you need is a good APPLE computer with built in mic and speakers or a head phones speaker set, a good set if you have an IBM, just go to " www.skype .com " and down-load the program.

IF YOU NEED MY SKYPE NAME TO HAVE A TALK LIVE ITS [ SUESAMFERGO] :hithere:
                                                         SAM

SKYPE[/color]

mrsnacks

Re: SKYPE
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 08:40:59 PM »
I was in Europe for 3 1/2 weeks and used Skype on my lap top from the hotels. It wasn't free ( I think it was 10 Euros to open an account ) But my calls came to about 4 cents a minute and that was from Europe to the U.S. You can't beat that .

Offline 97531

• Restricted
  • Truth is Freedom
    • Father's Love Forum
Re: SKYPE
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 08:52:06 PM »
Skype is "free" computer to computer but still uses up bandwidth on ADSL but this is essentially free as you pay for what you don't use anyway.

Quality is very good through a cheap headset and mic.

I have not tried out the skype to phone yet as in SA we also have to purchase air time in Euros.
My Blog       Father's Love Forum - New
IHWLAMAHOB
Christian Milkshake: Pressed down, shaken together and more than we can hope for