Author Topic: Simon and the 13 sieves  (Read 473 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Simon and the 13 sieves
« on: September 23, 2012, 11:32:03 PM »
(Luke 22:31) And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:
(Luke 22:32) But I have prayed for you, that your faith fail not: and when you are converted, strengthen your brothers.

Is the above a hidden reference to the Omer/First Fruit offering? I'm aware satan isn't that big on offering to God but he did the same with Job and that worked out fine.

But in order clearly to bring out all that was distinctive in the ceremony, they first asked
of the bystanders three times each of these questions: 'Has the sun gone down?' 'With
this sickle?' 'Into this basket?' 'On this Sabbath (or first Passover-day)?'—and, lastly,
'Shall I reap?' Having each time been answered in the affirmative, they cut down barley
to the amount of one ephah, or ten omers, or three seahs, which is equal to about three
pecks and three pints of our English measure. The ears were brought into the Court of
the Temple, and thrashed out with canes or stalks, so as not to injure the corn; then
'parched' on a pan perforated with holes, so that each grain might be touched by the fire,
and finally exposed to the wind. The corn thus prepared was ground in a barley-mill,
which left the hulls whole. According to some, the flour was always successfully passed
through thirteen sieves, each closer than the other. The statement of a rival authority,
however, seems more rational—that it was only done till the flour was sufficiently fine
(Men. vi. 6, 7), which was ascertained by one of the 'Gizbarim' (treasurers) plunging his
hands into it, the sifting process being continued so long as any of the flour adhered to
the hands (Men. viii. 2). Though one ephah, or ten omers, of barley was cut down, only
one omer of flour, or about 5 1 pints of our measure, was offered in the Temple on the
second Paschal, or 16th day of Nisan. The rest of the flour might be redeemed, and used
for any purpose. The omer of flour was mixed with a 'log,' or very nearly three-fourths of
a pint of oil, and a handful140 of frankincense put upon it, then waved before the Lord,
and a handful taken out and burned on the altar.

Any connection between the sieving?
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...