Author Topic: Reincarnation  (Read 6618 times)

Offline sheila

• Gold
Re: Reincarnation
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2012, 12:19:40 AM »
p.s.  what was the original identity of the spirit in operation that put the wounds on Christ.   If ye have done it unto one of these little ones

that beleive in me..ye have done it to me.

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2012, 03:37:59 AM »
Wow sheila VERY enlightening post for me, thank you! I had never thought of that before, the evil spirits possessing men's bodies and giving them memories of another person's life. That seriously explains a lot.
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2012, 03:22:18 PM »
Very interesting thread! :dsunny:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2012, 10:50:42 PM »
 :thumbsup:     makes great sense

Herods   swelling words of  deceit       as reincarnation of John the Baptist
  Mar 8:15 And he charged them, saying, Take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, and [of] the leaven of Herod

zyme  G 2219 1) leaven

2) metaph. of inveterate mental and moral corruption, viewed in its tendency to infect others
Leaven is applied to that substance which is small in quantity, yet thoroughly pervades a thing by its influence. The NT uses it in both a positive (cf. Mat 13:33) or negative sense (e.g., "a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump").

.Mar 6:14  And king Herod heard [of him]; (for his name was spread abroad:) and he said, That John the Baptist was risen from the dead, and therefore mighty works do shew forth themselves in him.    Mar 6:16 But when Herod heard [thereof], he said, It is John, whom I beheaded: he is risen from the dead.
 we know now that only those risen are in Christ   , Only Christ has risen  and we are hid in His body the true  church /union

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2012, 01:03:53 AM »
Amen,sister!!!

truth is so very very important.....why it is written...the TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

God is spirit...and His worshippers must worship Him in spirit and truth

no lie originates with the truth

1 John 5;6  This is the one who came by water and blood-Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only

but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies,

BECAUSE THE SPIRIT IS THE TRUTH

For these are three that tesify..the Spirit and the water and the blood.....

and the three are in agreement......

Anyone who believes in the son of God...Has His testimony in his heart....

Anyone who does Not believe God has made him out to be a liar,because He does not believe

the testimony God has given about His son...

AND THIS IS THE TESTIMONY.............GOD HAS GIVEN US ETERNAL LIFE

AND THIS LIFE IS IN HIS SON

HE WHO HAS THE SON HAS LIFE.....HE WHO DOES NOT HAVE THE SON OF GOD DOES NOT

the Shepherds and the angels

'DO NOT BE AFRAID, I BRING YOU GOOD NEWS OF GREAT JOY THAT WILL BE FOR ALL THE PEOPLE

TODAY IN THE TOWN OF DAVID, A SAVIOUR HAS BEEN BORN TO YOU[MANKIND]

HE IS CHRIST THE LORD!

SUDDENLY A GREAT COMPANY OF THE HEAVENLY HOSTS APPEARED WITH THE ANGEL,

AND PRAISED GOD SAYING

GLORY TO GOD ON HIGHEST!! AND ON EARTH PEACE TO MEN ON WHOM HIS FAVOUR RESTS

NOW THERE WAS A MAN IN jERUSALEM CALLED SIMEON..HE WAS WAITING FOR...

THE CONSOLATION OF ISREAL,AND THE HOLY SPIRIT WAS ON HIM...

THE GREAT MAGNITUDE AND SCOPE OF GOD'S GIFT OF HIS SON TO US IS OFTEN

WAY OVER THE HEAD OF THOSE FROM BELOW

AND TO THOSE WHO ARE BLIND EVEN IF IT BE RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE...

YOU MUST BE 'BORN AGAIN' FROM ABOVE

A GREAT AND WONDROUS SIGN APPEARED IN HEAVEN.....A WOMAN CLOTHED WITH THE SUN

AND THE MOON UNDER HER FEET AND A CROWN OF 12 STARS ON HER HEAD....
  SHE WAS PREGNANT AND CRIED OUT IN PAIN AS SHE WAS ABOUT TO BE DELIVERED

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2012, 08:29:12 AM »
Let me put this post in here so I won't forget to get back here when it's not so late and I can participate.
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2012, 09:51:57 PM »
It's NEVER too late with reincarnation, Reformer  :laughing7:
Just come back and try again!
Wow! What a devilish idea.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2012, 01:06:17 AM »
If reincarnation is true I see it as another method for God to save all.

That God delays his coming until as many souls as possible are saved, from Gods wrath, ready to be revealed from heaven.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2012, 06:23:23 AM »
It would also mean earth gets more and more empty because in the end everyone but a few have be saved. It's getting more and more crowded...
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2012, 06:53:17 PM »
How would that work with someone like Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David?
They were all saved, did they have to come back after Jesus was born and do it the "right way?"
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2012, 11:27:00 PM »
How would that work with someone like Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David?
They were all saved, did they have to come back after Jesus was born and do it the "right way?"

Not sure. Hebrews seem to suggest that they did not receive the promise, that they were waiting for something better to arrive. A new covenant for them to operate under?

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2012, 08:40:58 PM »
I just don't see re-incarnation serving any purpose.
Ezekial - "the dead no nothing"
All the (over 400) references to ancestors. Coulsd a man be his own ancestor?
NO biblical reference to "you were this person in a past life" or you are being rewarded/punished for what you did in a past life.
Only a couple of verses can possibly be stretched to imply reincarnation and they all refer to Melchizedek. Almost all authorites agree Melchizidek  was a Christophany. (An appearance on earth by Christ before his earthly birth)
Similar to (Gen 18) when the three (angels)referred to as Lords, speak and act in unison(three being the number of God) called God, meet with Abraham. Later God leaves and Abraham is still standing there with God. Still later, Jehovah (God) on earth calls down fire and brimstone on Sodom and Gomorrah FROM Jehovah God in heaven.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2012, 08:46:44 PM »
legion says 'we are many"  God says..'I AM" Christ says 'WE ARE ONE"...it is to satisfy the two or three wittnesses

to establish a matter   where-ever two or three are joined in my name[one] I am there.

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2012, 08:33:41 PM »
Almost all authorites agree Melchizidek  was a Christophany. (An appearance on earth by Christ before his earthly birth)

I maintain that Melchizidek was none other than Shem - proof is not absolute, but Shem is a good candidate.  Evidence in the Book of Jasher shows that Shem was in that area at that time.

That's a bit off topic.  As for "re-incarceration," remember that God told Adam and Eve that they would die if they ate the fruit, not that they would have to keep coming back until they knew better than to eat the fruit.  In most theological discussions, it's usually best to go to Genesis.
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2012, 09:16:52 PM »
 THE LAMB WAS SLAIN BEFORE THE FOUNDING OF THE EARTH..AND HIS SPIRIT AND LIFE IS SEEN

AND SPOKEN OF THROUGHOUT IT. FAITHFUL AND TRUE WITTNESS OF GOD'S WORD..COME

IN FLESH  AS SPIRITUAL 'SEED' GENERATION THROUGH GENERATION..BEFORE ABRAHAM I WAS

AND MET HIM WITH BREAD AND WINE.  HE WAS THE SEED OF THE WOMAN IN THE GARDEN

OF WHICH GOD TESTIFIED.HE TOLD HAAGAR TO RETURN AN SUBMIT TO SARAH..AND SHE SAID

I HAVE SEEN THE ONE WHO SEE'S ME'

.HE WAS THE REDEEMER TO JOB..WHO SAID'I HAD HEARD OF YOU  BUT NOW I SEE YOU"

...WITHOUT BEGINNING..WITHOUT END.....THE VERY IMAGE AND LIKENESS

OF HIS FATHER.   ALIVE BEFORE HE MANIFESTED IN FLESH AND WAS CRUCIFIED..AND ALIVE

FOREVER AND EVER...HE FILLS THE HEAVENS,HE IS THE MOUNTAIN THAT FILLS THE EARTH..HE IS

WALKING THROUGH WALLS..HE IS A WALL OF FIRE!..............

IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD..AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD, AND THAT WORD WAS GOD

HE WAS WITH GOD IN THE BEGINNING....  THROUGH HIM ALL THINGS WERE MADE..WITHOUT HIM

NOTHING WAS MADE. IN HIM WAS LIFE..AND THAT LIFE WAS THE LIGHT OF MEN

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2012, 12:57:58 AM »
Origen teached reincarnation.

He is one of the earliest believer/writer in salvation of all men.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2012, 01:58:05 AM »

One out of two ain't bad.   :happygrin:
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2012, 02:08:46 AM »

That's a bit off topic.  As for "re-incarceration," remember that God told Adam and Eve that they would die if they ate the fruit, not that they would have to keep coming back until they knew better than to eat the fruit. 

Yes, the work of the cross is the center of the Gospel, and it's what cleanses and saves - not living multiple lives to get better at good works or become a better person.   
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2012, 05:52:16 AM »
I don't believe in reincarnation...but I do believe this......so too, those borne along of the spirit...

no-one knows from whence they come..or where they are going............for sure Elijah has come...

and will come again

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2012, 05:59:49 AM »
 imo just as the spirit of satan comes in flesh again and again..as false-prophet..anti-christ..beast

dragon and original serpent...always working at cross-purposes to the will of God.  So,too,the spirit

of God has come as truthful prophet and wittnes.s,spirit of christ/holy spirit,son of God and son

of man.as Melchezedek priest of deathless life

tow distinct spirit manifestations in this good/evil exercize.....one is death bringing spirit to mnkind

one is life-giving spirit to mankind

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2012, 01:17:08 AM »

just saying that there are men of God who believed this, its not just a Eastern philosophy.

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2012, 01:22:47 AM »

That's a bit off topic.  As for "re-incarceration," remember that God told Adam and Eve that they would die if they ate the fruit, not that they would have to keep coming back until they knew better than to eat the fruit. 

Yes, the work of the cross is the center of the Gospel, and it's what cleanses and saves - not living multiple lives to get better at good works or become a better person.   

Reincarnation would give multiple opportunities for a soul to hear the good news. Increasing theri chance of being saved, before the great judgment.

Also this came to me, what of the scripture that speaks of those who do good and evil, will each have a body according to their works.

what if  (During the millenium)an evil person will have to reincarnate into a crooked body, while those who did good are rewarded with a healthy and powerful abilities.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2012, 01:26:22 AM »

just saying that there are men of God who believed this, its not just a Eastern philosophy.

:smile:

Offline josh

• Full
  • i find the edgar cayce material good 4 bible .....
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2014, 01:20:08 PM »
oh my no post here for 120 days
and here i was about to comment that it is good to see more positive interest in reincarnation..or so it seems in terms of what i had noted
on some earlier visits to tentmaker.org..but it seems i might need to post elsewhere
if the powers that be of tentmaker.org have accepted reincarnation
along the lines even of the edgar cayce material :)
oh i thought maybe i was limited by
personal text
i see tho i get 6oo characters here
but what if my character is like infinite :)

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2014, 09:16:37 PM »
 :cloud9: Well, I for one don't accept it. Doubt you will find many on here who do. I see it as a works-based false religion of sorts. My  :2c:  Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor