Author Topic: Re: Recipe Thread  (Read 7288 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: Recipe Thread
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2009, 07:41:53 PM »
Chips here C..not fries,,,...but they are normally thicker...salt and Malt Vinegar is a MUST....just like Cheese and Onion...egg and bacon....bread and butter.... :icon_flower:

My favorite supper of all is -

Baked Spud( potato)
 cut in Half...Remove the inners..smash with Grated Chedder Cheese , BUTTER( No salt) enough in the Chesse...paprika..good pinch..a touch of Milk or cream....Return back to the skins

what we call back bacon( like ham) two rashers a SKIN with Sliced tomatoes topped with more grated Cheese..place under the Grill until Golden Brown or when the neighbour knock the door cos they want some too :laughing7:

goes well with Hot oiling water from the Tap :laughing7:

:cloud9: Sounds good, I was just thinking I need to eat some lunch, and now you've cinched it for me.  :laughing7:

I was with ya on all of it but the cheese and onion pairing....love onions but never thought about eating them with cheese.....

If you like cheese....

Put between 2 slices of old(er) bread.
Cheese.
(pre baked) Bacon or something a little similar.
Experiment with a combination of picalilly, ketchup, mustard and sambal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambal
Then bake in a pan or a sandwhich toaster. -> the horizontal type.
When the cheese pours out yar done.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2009, 07:45:46 PM »
 :cloud9: It all sounds good to me, and now that I know what sambal is, I love hot and spicey anything, so the peppers thing sounds great to me. And I love cheese....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2009, 07:50:48 PM »
Chips here C..not fries,,,...but they are normally thicker...salt and Malt Vinegar is a MUST....just like Cheese and Onion...egg and bacon....bread and butter.... :icon_flower:

My favorite supper of all is -

Baked Spud( potato)
 cut in Half...Remove the inners..smash with Grated Chedder Cheese , BUTTER( No salt) enough in the Chesse...paprika..good pinch..a touch of Milk or cream....Return back to the skins

what we call back bacon( like ham) two rashers a SKIN with Sliced tomatoes topped with more grated Cheese..place under the Grill until Golden Brown or when the neighbour knock the door cos they want some too :laughing7:

goes well with Hot oiling water from the Tap :laughing7:

:cloud9: Sounds good, I was just thinking I need to eat some lunch, and now you've cinched it for me.  :laughing7:

I was with ya on all of it but the cheese and onion pairing....love onions but never thought about eating them with cheese.....

If you like cheese....

Put between 2 slices of old(er) bread.
Cheese.
(pre baked) Bacon or something a little similar.
Experiment with a combination of picalilly, ketchup, mustard and sambal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambal
Then bake in a pan or a sandwhich toaster. -> the horizontal type.
When the cheese pours out yar done.

Cheese..Im not known for gr-hamster for nothing :laughing7:
Man..Nevr hear of Sambal..just looked at that Link...thats My type of Grub..Cant take too much spicey food thesedays..but in small amount it no trouble..got to try that One... :thumbsup:
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2009, 08:02:30 PM »
We don't call 'm fries either. Suprise.
I have a real good recipie for soup but I just can't translate half of the ingredients.

with My stomach..soups a Must.....when ya do translate pass it on... :icon_flower:

I just give it a try. Ask....
Big pan of water.
Put salt and peper on a piece of pigs leg.
Put it in the pan and boil.
Remove the foam once in a while.
If no new foam forms:
Add a pound of split peas (dried peas cut in half)
Add a pound of sliced http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prei (only the white part)
2 sliced onions
200 grams little pieces of bacon (pork) 1/4" cube shape. Best are those salty type.  :sigh:
Add near the end of cooking 1 or 2 sliced Dutch sausages http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Boerenkool_stamppot.jpg
Close the pan an boil at least 3 hours on low fire/heat.
Serve with http://www.voedingswaardetabel.nl/_lib/img/product/roggebrood.jpg

The soup is about as thick as custard.
When cold you can put your pan upside down and it never gets out.
It tastes best when a few days old.

You can vary a bit with the ingredients.
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2009, 08:07:44 PM »
 :cloud9: This does not sound particularly good, but if you want a great accompaniment to steaks or hamburger steaks, this is it........it just goes with beef. We put it ON the meat and it is delicious, and I'm not a big zuchinni fan, but this is a great way to use up some of it for those of you with zuchinni "overflows" in the summer....

3 zuchinni, diced
1 large onion, diced
1 box fresh button mushrooms, diced
1 stick real butter
salt and pepper
soy sauce
motzerella cheese

Take the first 5 ingredients and put in a large sauce pan and bring to medium heat. Cook covered for about a half hour until all the veggies are cooked down. Then uncover, and add 1/4 cup soy sauce and cook uncovered, until almost dry, about another half hour. Add cheese on top and let melt a minute.
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2009, 08:11:28 PM »
We don't call 'm fries either. Suprise.
I have a real good recipie for soup but I just can't translate half of the ingredients.

with My stomach..soups a Must.....when ya do translate pass it on... :icon_flower:

I just give it a try. Ask....
Big pan of water.
Put salt and peper on a piece of pigs leg.
Put it in the pan and boil.
Remove the foam once in a while.
If no new foam forms:
Add a pound of split peas (dried peas cut in half)
Add a pound of sliced http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prei (only the white part)
2 sliced onions
200 grams little pieces of bacon (pork) 1/4" cube shape. Best are those salty type.  :sigh:
Add near the end of cooking 1 or 2 sliced Dutch sausages http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Boerenkool_stamppot.jpg
Close the pan an boil at least 3 hours on low fire/heat.
Serve with http://www.voedingswaardetabel.nl/_lib/img/product/roggebrood.jpg

The soup is about as thick as custard.
When cold you can put your pan upside down and it never gets out.
It tastes best when a few days old.

You can vary a bit with the ingredients.
Thanks Bud
sonds quite similar to what we call Ham and Pea Broth...and Its Yummy..., your sounds a little more spicey.. that sounds good too... :icon_flower:

The sort of Soup which sticks to ribs and is Hearty on a Cold, wet evening in winter... :thumbsup:

may well try adding that dutch sausage..mmm nice
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2009, 08:14:26 PM »
 :cloud9: That does sound good. Looks like for your translation, that would be leeks, smoked sausage, and maybe a dark rye or pumpernickel bread you show there?

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2009, 08:40:16 PM »
Taffy because yar a soup junkie one more....
First general tip for canned soup. Just add rice to it.

Three bean soup

3 spoon of veggy oil.
2 cut onions
Squeeze one garlic 'part'
2 teaspoons of grinded http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komijn
2 teaspoons of paprika powder (spicey type)
1 chopped red or green pepper (remove the seeds)

675 grams minced meat (cow)
800grams canned (italian) tomatoes.
90 grams tomato puree
1 teaspon oregano
1 bay leaf
dash of beer (dark)
salt and pepper

120 grams of brown beans
120 grams of white beans
120 grams 'frog peas' http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komijn (white ones)
120 grams pinto beans

Heat a big pan.
Add oil and 'half-bake' the onions
Add the blue stuff and bake 1 minute.
Add the meat. Bake until pale brown. Use a fork to make sure you the meat 'crumbles'  :icon_king:
Add the red part. Put the lit on and boil 35 minutes.
Regulary check the liquid and add water when needed.
Add the beans and boil another 15 minutes.

Got plenty more soups.

BTW taffy I checked the tap but no water there.
Here we get draught beer from a tap  :laughing7:

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2009, 02:08:30 AM »
Thanks Both for those recipes...catch ya Tomorrow..just checking before sleepies... :icon_flower: :icon_flower:

Offline ChuckK3

• Snr
  • I always eats me spinachk.
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2009, 11:31:27 AM »
:cloud9: This does not sound particularly good, but if you want a great accompaniment to steaks or hamburger steaks, this is it........it just goes with beef. We put it ON the meat and it is delicious, and I'm not a big zuchinni fan, but this is a great way to use up some of it for those of you with zuchinni "overflows" in the summer....

3 zuchinni, diced
1 large onion, diced
1 box fresh button mushrooms, diced
1 stick real butter
salt and pepper
soy sauce
motzerella cheese

Take the first 5 ingredients and put in a large sauce pan and bring to medium heat. Cook covered for about a half hour until all the veggies are cooked down. Then uncover, and add 1/4 cup soy sauce and cook uncovered, until almost dry, about another half hour. Add cheese on top and let melt a minute.

Hey Card,

I LOVE zucchini myself, especially fried with ranch dressing.

That recipe of yours sounds cool, I just may try it the next time I make hamburgers.

Speaking of hamburgers, here's a bizarre treat for those who take a dare:

GOOBER BURGERS:

Grill your hamburger patties, then put it on a toasted bun.  Top it off with peanut butter, mayonnaise, and a few sliced dill pickles.  In Minnesota, people will pay as much as about $7.00 (US) for one of these delicacies.

Chuck

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2009, 02:56:13 PM »
 :cloud9: You know, I like to watch Guy Fieri on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives sometimes to get ideas (plus he's funny), and I think he went to one that served those, because I never heard of it before (and neither had he) and it stuck in my mind. Thanks for the recipe. Card

martincisneros

Vegetarian ChickPea Salad Recipe
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2009, 02:59:54 AM »
(Recipe link below) In place of her usage of brown sugar, you might try stevia or raw agave nectar, or freshly squeeze a tiny piece of something sweet like perhaps a piece or two of a blood orange since it's a salad that "doesn't have to have" sugar, and in place of the olive oil, avocado oil would be great, or for those wanting something that'll burn fat or minimally self destruct the calories in this salad 'cause they're waist conscious if not like really trying to lose a bunch of weight, then instead of her recommendation of olive oil, you might go for raw organic coconut oil instead 'cause although it's a saturated fat, it's unique in saturated fats for lowering cholesterol and speeding the metabolism and fat burning of the physical body, and it helps get rid of plaque in the arteries.  That with the stevia would really be a double whammy on something really healthy that instead of tasting like cardboard would be extremely rich eating in the taste/satisfaction/satiation department.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsPyoPqzZiA

And if inspite of either what I have to say about this recipe she gives at this link, and inspite of her version of it, if you're still not thinking it'll be all of that great, then as you know rosemary, ground red pepper or white pepper, garlic powder, or a diced serano pepper can make anything really great.  (Perhaps some tarragon seasoning as well.)  I'd personally be inclined to using half as much tomato and using a tiny bit of sliced red bell pepper to a sensory tease, or in place of tomato entirely for those that are so-so on tomato, or just want a variation to keep in mind.  I would be inclined to want some Tahini on this (which is a delicious sauce made of sesami seeds), in place of the ranch some of you might think of, though quite a few of you would look at the recipe at the above video link and think "nearly anything's good with cheese!"  Thinly shaved raw butternut squash in very teasing small amounts would probably be a better alternative to cheese for at least this dish for those that think that absolutely nothing's good without cheese. :laughing7:

Or a tiny bit alongside of so that you can use lesser cheese and get more of a tastebud teasing effect.  Pinch of lemon juice in place of my recommendation of a teeny bit of the sweetener options I mentioned would add a bit of tartness to this as well, in place of having a bunch of really sharp cheese in copious amounts, so that strictest moderation of that with strictest moderation of thin shavings of the raw butternut squash I'm overcomplicating this recipe for some of you with would make you likely wanna smack something/someone over how good this was.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2009, 07:36:48 AM »
Do you have a url to that recipe Martin?
Preferably a movie.....
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 10:28:08 PM by WhiteWings »

martincisneros

« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2009, 07:16:53 AM »
Nope, but once I've got a webcam, I'll likely do more than prayer and preaching/teaching segments.  Myspace and some of the blog programs allow a bit more video to be uploaded all at once than YouTube allows with their preference for the 10min or less clips.  If I can get my own forum off of a free server situation, there might be bandwidth that could be relegated to 1GB of video or whatever.  Might do new photos for online on last day of this month, but not 100% sure and praying about that.  More a budgeting issue right now than any kind of camera shyness.  My only online pic, or the one used the most often online, is from '05.  Lots of stuff I'm trying to do right now to get things I do online a bit more current and to include more things online.

SQ

« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2010, 12:01:56 AM »
I love chocolate gravy poured over hot biscuits, when I was a child living at home mom made almost every morning, it keeps your energy level high can skip lunch or if have any left over chocolate gravy, can eat for lunch.
 Here is the simple recipe..

1 c. sugar
2 tbsp. cocoa
2 tbsp. flour
2 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. butter

Sift sugar, flour, and cocoa together in saucepan, add milk. On medium heat stir until gravy thickens to desired consistency. Remove from heat add butter and vanilla.   :icon_flower:

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2010, 03:35:11 AM »
 :thumbsup: yummy !! almost like chocolate pudding eh ? :HeartThrob:

SQ

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2010, 04:36:24 AM »
:thumbsup: yummy !! almost like chocolate pudding eh ? :HeartThrob:
Yes but so much better, :cloud9: unfortunately my metabolism has changed want allow me to eat often now days.  :sigh: Lol

Syndicated

« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2010, 08:09:15 PM »
'Sinfully Delicious' Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake

Makes 1 9-inch (2.5 L) cheesecake

IngredientsCrust:
1 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs 
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Filling:
2 cups whipping cream
6 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 lb cream cheese at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/2 cup marichino cherry syrup
2 large eggs
1/2 cup chopped marichino cherries
cocoa powder, for dusting

MethodFor crust, preheat oven to 350F (180C) and grease a 9-inch (2.5 L) springform pan. Pulse graham crumbs and brown sugar in a food processor. Add melted butter and vanilla extract and pulse until an even texture. Press into bottom of prepared pan and bake for 7 minutes. Allow to cool while preparing filling.
For filling, reduce oven temperature to 325F (160C). Heat cream to just below a simmer. Pour hot cream over chopped chocolate and whisk gently until smooth and set aside. In a bowl using electric beaters or with a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until fluffy, scraping the sides of the bowl often. While beating, slowly pour in sugar, again scraping the bowl often. Beat in cornstarch. By this time the filling should be looking a little more fluid. Slowly pour in cherry syrup and beat in eggs, one at a time. Pour chocolate mixture into cheesecake filling and blend well. Scrape filling into pan, sprinkle cherry pieces on top and bake for 30 minutes. Without opening the oven door, turn off the oven and leave cheesecake in another 30 minutes. Remove, let cool to room temperature, then chill overnight.
To serve, remove cheesecake from pan, dust top of cheesecake with cocoa powder and decorate with cherries.

SQ

« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2010, 10:09:01 PM »
That sure sounds good!  :cloud9:

Syndicated

« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2010, 06:24:00 PM »
Oh SQ it IS!!!!

If you like those chocolates with the cherries inside, you'll love this!  It tastes almost the same as those chocolates, but with cheesecake goodness and creaminess!

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2010, 08:04:07 PM »
 :cloud9: That does sound good. When I get time, I'm going to try to make it.......thanks...... :thumbsup:

Syndicated

« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2010, 08:20:49 PM »
Let me know how it turns out for ya!

:icon_flower:

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2012, 03:36:37 AM »
Laz's Post-Missouri Bean Dip

Now who put the "dip" in the "Dip-da-dip-da-dip"?
I did!

Here's the backstory on this dip. Years ago, there was a little eatery in the Waldo area of south Kansas City called Sancho's. Among other dishes, they served an appetizer called "Chilie Con Queso," which was a concoction of beans, cheese, and chips. I loved it so well, I noted what it seemed to contain and tried to reproduce it at home. After a while I was making it just like Sancho's, but after moving to New Mexico, I tried it once again. My wife made suggestions, and it underwent refinements. Most importantly, ingredients improved, and the taste got hotter, but better. Now, I have got it so well down that I can offer a recipe, as follows:

6 cups canned or cooked pinto beans, undrained
1 4oz can of diced green chilies
1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon of ground chipotle chilie
3/4 1 cup of salsa (cook's choice)
1 2 cups shredded cheese
1 bouillon cube (cook's choice) Laz uses tomato/chicken
other spices/seasonings to taste
a little water if too thick

heat the lot in a saucepan, on low heat for the sake of the cheese
mash contents or (recommended) use a hand blender

enjoy!

Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2012, 03:46:03 AM »
Laz - so you're the one with the dip da dip da dip, I'd like to shake your ha-a-and
you made my baby fall in love with me...yeah!
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2012, 04:40:36 AM »
Laz - so you're the one with the dip da dip da dip, I'd like to shake your ha-a-and
you made my baby fall in love with me...yeah!

Rama, lama, ding-dong, dude!  But try the recipe...
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.