Author Topic: Purpose  (Read 2150 times)

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
Purpose
« on: November 05, 2012, 04:46:42 PM »
There has been some question from others about what our purpose here is in this forum and in this life.
I believe the Bible should be an answer to these questions so I want to know if ya'll(I'm from the south) think this message was for Israel alone or for us and Israel.

Jer 32:38-39 (good News) Then they will be my people, and I will be their God. 39 I will give them a single purpose in life: to honor me for all time, for their own good and the good of their descendants.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline dajomaco

• Bronze
Re: Purpose
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 06:38:41 PM »
My purpose is to Love in the Eternal Story of Love that God is displaying.
The purpose of the Love story is his good pleasure.
There is unlimited pleasure for me as I enter in to my part of the Love story.
The greater my abandonment of self the more Love.
The more love the more love the more love the more love……   

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 06:59:13 PM »
Since God is Love, Loving honors God
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 07:52:20 AM »
God is bringing forth a family of beings like unto Himself to have intimate fellowship with them, display Himself through them and reign by them.
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 01:24:56 PM »
God is bringing forth a family of beings like unto Himself to have intimate fellowship with them, display Himself through them and reign by them.

Yessssss so exciting!!!  :dsunny:
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline Deena

• Est
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 02:11:57 PM »
Very good question and one I have raised here also. I think I read in one of Victor Frankl's books that if one can know the "why" then he can endure the "how". Aside from the etheral idea that we are here to love (not that I am saying it is not true), what is my practical purpose here? How do I know I am fulfilling it? How does one even know what that purpose is? I have two part-time jobs that at times try me very much. What the heck is it for? Am I in the right place? I ask God but I dont seem to hear anything. That leads to the next question. If He loves me and wants me to know Him, why does He seem so alouf and talk in riddles? It is frustrating.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 02:24:12 PM »
IMO, he wants us to grow in him. What makes us grow physically? Resistance. Without resistance, no growth. Continually increasing the resistance causes continuos growth. Stronger than before, you can do things you couldn't have previously done.
It works the same way spritually.
Jesus said, "if a person can't handle little, how could they cope with much?" (A jeff paraphrase)

Offline Deena

• Est
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 04:31:52 PM »
If I can know that it is God's will for me to do a certain thing, to endure a certain situation, i say yes and amen. How do you know when the stress of it all is His working? Could the stress be a signal that it is not of Him? I'm asking sincerely. How do you know the will of God for your life right now? In the present. Do we keep on keeping on till something changes?

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 04:53:30 PM »
I don't know a single christian that was 100% sure 100% of the time that what they were doing was God's plan for them at the time.
I sure don't. Often I was bewildered why I would lose a job or find it difficult to make ends meet doing 3 part time jobs. It was "funny" that though I was doing honest work, I'd be put in a job or jobs that had not a single christian working there. One job, a pastor had been working there, but left a few days after I started, it was like God wanted a witness there and had other plans for the pastor (he was ur by the way)

Offline dajomaco

• Bronze
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 05:15:01 PM »
What if it is not Gods will for to endure a certain situation.
What if God wants you to find your self in a blessed situation that all you can do
is express to your family and friends is.
 How much you feel and sense that God loves you.
What if you come across as boastful? Should you tame down your exaltations,
our should you laugh and express at an even greater degree that the Creature of all the universe has chosen to Love you.

When you start bragging about how good God is to you. Its not pride.
When people say how hard their there lives are and you tell them,
 how wonderful yours is that's not insensitive.

Deena God loves me I have a very blessed live.
It is not work it is more like play. I get to every morning looking forward to the mysterious day ahead knowing today some one is going to realize that the creature of all Loves   them not a general Love but a specific Love .
I literally Laugh out loud  when a person I attempted to Love.
Mentions some kind of spiritual play at hand.

Deena time for hard work and sacrifice is over it's play time now.       

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 05:26:25 PM »
paraphrasing Paul, be content in whatever situation you find yourself and work as though you were working directly for the Lord himself... and your joy will abound.

Online jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 08:09:23 PM »

Being one who struggles, sort of fighting things too much, God's been brewing something inside of me for awhile that just came to words today to someone in a PM and I'd like to share it here;

God is good.  He helps us through the good times, and blesses us through the hard times.

(ALL things work together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.  Romans 8:28  HE knows what we need.  Our job is to trust and yield to Him.)

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 10:12:22 PM »
If I can know that it is God's will for me to do a certain thing, to endure a certain situation, i say yes and amen. How do you know when the stress of it all is His working? Could the stress be a signal that it is not of Him? I'm asking sincerely. How do you know the will of God for your life right now? In the present. Do we keep on keeping on till something changes?

You can know that it is God's will because he is in control of it all and all things will work out for the good of mankind even though it doesn't seem like it is going to at times. It is not our will but thine be done anyway so, just leave it in his hands. Have you ever prayed about a certain thing and say " I am laying it all at your feet" then realize later you picked it up, carried it around and tried to fix it all by yourself? I have done this many times knowing full well I can't change one single thing.

CHB

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012, 06:49:20 AM »
God is gathering, from among all His sowing, a crop of fruit like unto the seed He has sown.

Jesus. Turning water into wine, "let the little children come unto me", defender of the defenseless, hope of the hopeless, restoring the brokenhearted, setting the captive free.

And when they saw him(the madman of the Gadarenes) sitting whole and in his right mind at the feet of Jesus, they asked Jesus to go away from them. The man asked Jesus to take Him along but Jesus said no and instructed him to, "Go and tell all the wonderful things God has done for you".

I am a witness. I was broken and I was made whole. I was faithless and I was forgiven and restored. I have seen that God loves everyone, and sometimes I see it so clearly that I can love everyone too. As long as I walk in that love, I can do no wrong and the light shines without my help or knowledge. I am not always walking in that light- but then, that is part of my witness too.

I was faithless but I am restored. I stumble, but He lifts me up. He will love you, He will restore you, He will lift you up. I know it seems impossible, but I am no one- and He has done this for me for 30 years....... patiently working this clay into the vessel He desires so that He can pour out a blessing through it- a treasure, a draft of living water.

In times of failure or success, in suffering or times of refreshing. I can do no more and this is all I can say, because it is true, and it is my hope.

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. So then death worketh in us, but life in you.
(2Co 4:6-12)
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline dajomaco

• Bronze
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 07:13:56 AM »
There is an awkwardness in what I'm trying say here:
I feel and notice the power, of the Love of God.
The more I try to put it in words

The more I realize that I should not be the one

The more I rationally think about God and his Love.

The Holy Spirit compels me say out loud .

I know God I know the power of his Love.

But if we look at some of my posts and I do.

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 05:16:47 PM »
God is gathering, from among all His sowing, a crop of fruit like unto the seed He has sown.

Jesus. Turning water into wine, "let the little children come unto me", defender of the defenseless, hope of the hopeless, restoring the brokenhearted, setting the captive free.

And when they saw him(the madman of the Gadarenes) sitting whole and in his right mind at the feet of Jesus, they asked Jesus to go away from them. The man asked Jesus to take Him along but Jesus said no and instructed him to, "Go and tell all the wonderful things God has done for you".

I am a witness. I was broken and I was made whole. I was faithless and I was forgiven and restored. I have seen that God loves everyone, and sometimes I see it so clearly that I can love everyone too. As long as I walk in that love, I can do no wrong and the light shines without my help or knowledge. I am not always walking in that light- but then, that is part of my witness too.

I was faithless but I am restored. I stumble, but He lifts me up. He will love you, He will restore you, He will lift you up. I know it seems impossible, but I am no one- and He has done this for me for 30 years....... patiently working this clay into the vessel He desires so that He can pour out a blessing through it- a treasure, a draft of living water.

In times of failure or success, in suffering or times of refreshing. I can do no more and this is all I can say, because it is true, and it is my hope.

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. So then death worketh in us, but life in you.
(2Co 4:6-12)

Eaglesway, I feel better already. This really blessed me today, thank you.

CHB

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 07:16:22 AM »
YW :HeartThrob:
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 08:53:23 AM »
(Much of this was first brought together for me and learned from Rex Andrews.)

Jesus told them, "Go and learn what this means:  'I will (I desire) mercy and not sacrifice.'"  Then they went out and plotted how to kill him.  A little later Jesus says, "If you had learned what this means:  'I will mercy and not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent."

This tells very simply what the will of God is:  MERCY.  God's purpose is fulfilled when we do His will.  "Those that are led of the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God."  As we seek Him for His leading and how to walk in it, we need not wonder what His will is since He revealed it so clearly.  Meet the need.  Do the mercy.

In Hebrew it is chesed, "covenantal love, love in action, the ardor to fulfill what is lacking," and it is translated "mercy."  In Greek it is charis, "grace, the result from having been filled full," and in both translations of the New Testament into Hebrew, chesed was used to translate charis, for which English has "grace."

Jesus says if we only greet our friends in the market place, "What grace have you?"  "Your are to be good and kind (that is, merciful) to your enemies."  The middle beatitude, upon which they all hang and on which they all turn, is mercy.  Mercy fulfills the law and prophets.  Of, "The weightier matters of the law (or, Torah:) judgment, mercy, and faith," the middle one is mercy.  All the sins listed in Romans 128-31 are begun with, or titled, "unrighteousness;" and concluding the list, or its summary is, "un-merciful."  Compare and you will see the antidote to all those sins is mercy!

When asked how to have life eonian, life to the extent it is manifested in this period of time, Jesus pointed to the two commandments to love God and to love your neighbor.  Answering again because he wanted to justify himself, the response was, "But, who is my neighbor?"  Jesus then gave us what we call "The Parable of the Good Samaritan," the man whose doctrine was off, where he was coming from and his social standing among the people of God was just not right.  Those whose score on such matters was over the top avoided the robbed and beat up man in the ditch; but, the Samaritan did the mercy to the man in need.  Jesus says, "Go and do likewise."

At the heart of the world is the nation Israel.  On Zion, the "the navel of the whole earth," is the temple of God.  In the center of that temple, in the holiest place of all, at the center of all, ruling over all, is the Word, Who is the Image and Glory of God, resting on THE MERCY THRONE.

God's purpose is the restoration of that Image in the Earth, the raising up of it into glory to inherit all things, and in the light of its rising all things are revealed.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 11:46:45 PM by reFORMer »
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 09:35:11 AM »
Beautimous!

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 10:28:28 AM »
ReF that blessed me so much and btw your feet are beautiful. :)

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that brings good tidings, that publishes peace; that brings good tidings of good, that publishes salvation; that says unto Zion, "Your God reigns."

And daj, if it is Him telling you to do it then you are the one.  :thumbsup:

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 10:31:54 AM »

Being one who struggles, sort of fighting things too much, God's been brewing something inside of me for awhile that just came to words today to someone in a PM and I'd like to share it here;

God is good.  He helps us through the good times, and blesses us through the hard times.

(ALL things work together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His
purpose.  Romans 8:28  HE knows what we need.  Our job is to trust and yield to Him.)
:HeartThrob:  :thumbsup:

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 02:42:58 PM »
I confess, I like you tube. Ordinairy people can express themselves. This was a video I came across this morning that related to this "purpose" topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=3YXINEYdnkY

Offline Deena

• Est
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2012, 04:20:06 PM »
Good posts, all.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2012, 07:03:15 PM »
I confess, I like you tube. Ordinairy people can express themselves. This was a video I came across this morning that related to this "purpose" topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=3YXINEYdnkY

One of the most beautiful, elegant, piercing expressions of the love of God and the truth of our gospel I have ever seen.

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2012, 07:45:37 AM »
Awesome!