Author Topic: Pray for our President Obama!  (Read 5738 times)

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
Re: Pray for our President Obama!
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2009, 07:54:14 PM »
 :cloud9: Yeah, it sure does..........but that's why we pray and await His full manifestation in His body, because in the natural there is NO hope. Blessings.....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2009, 08:01:24 PM »
:cloud9: Yeah, it sure does..........but that's why we pray and await His full manifestation in His body, because in the natural there is NO hope. Blessings.....
A Hard Road before Them
 16"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves.
 17"But beware of men, for they will hand you over to the courts and scourge you in their synagogues;

18and you will even be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles.

19"But when they hand you over, do not worry about how or what you are to say; for it will be given you in that hour what you are to say.

20"For it is not you who speak, but it is the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.

21"Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death.

22"You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved.

23"But whenever they persecute you in one city, flee to the next; for truly I say to you, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel until the Son of Man comes.

The Meaning of Discipleship
 24"A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a slave above his master.
 25"It is enough for the disciple that he become like his teacher, and the slave like his master. If they have called the head of the house Beelzebul, how much more will they malign the members of his household!

26"Therefore do not fear them, for there is nothing concealed that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known.

27"What I tell you in the darkness, speak in the light; and what you hear whispered in your ear, proclaim upon the housetops.

28"Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

29"Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father.

30"But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

31"So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows.

32"Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven.

33"But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.

34"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

35"For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW;

36and A MAN'S ENEMIES WILL BE THE MEMBERS OF HIS HOUSEHOLD.

37"He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

38"And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.

39"He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.

The Reward of Service
 40"He who receives you receives Me, and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.
 41"He who receives a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he who receives a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.

42"And whoever in the name of a disciple gives to one of these little ones even a cup of cold water to drink, truly I say to you, he shall not lose his reward."

amen   sister Card  :icon_flower:

thought of  Matt 10  sooooooooooo  true ............. :HeartThrob:

« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 08:30:26 PM by rosered »
Jesus is the reward  !!

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2009, 08:09:38 PM »
Well, Rose, it sounds like you are implying that one must hate Muslims in order to please Jesus.  I don't believe that.   He who hates his brother does not have the love of God abiding in himself.

Anne
Ours is not to make up anybody's mind, but to open hearts.
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2009, 08:13:09 PM »
When the muslims see Jesus, they will fall in love, just like everybody else does who sees him.

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2009, 08:17:43 PM »
Well, Rose, it sounds like you are implying that one must hate Muslims in order to please Jesus.  I don't believe that.   He who hates his brother does not have the love of God abiding in himself.

Anne
   Anne
  It is what Jesus says not me  , when reading Matt ten it up to the reader and His Holy Spirit   to discern
  I hate no one   sis  and I do not know a living soul  that has ever been on the face of the earth that does not need the mercy of God and His Son  :sigh:

But  to Know Him is to LOVE HIM .... :HeartThrob:

Jesus is the reward  !!

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2009, 08:18:25 PM »
When the muslims see Jesus, they will fall in love, just like everybody else does who sees him.

When you see Christ in every person, then you will understand the love of God.  How can the Muslims see Jesus in you if you hate them?

Christ in you, your hope of glory.....

Anne

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2009, 08:22:45 PM »
Rose,

I'm tired of excuses given by professing Christians for spreading hatred in the world.   
How can any person even be alive and breathing without the Holy Spirit?  They cannot. 
We were reconciled to God BEFORE WE KNEW OF HIS LOVE, so is everyone else. 
It is high time people believed that.  Salvation is by GRACE, not of WORKS, lest any man should boast.

Anne

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2009, 08:22:49 PM »

When you see Christ in every person, then you will understand the love of God.  How can the Muslims see Jesus in you if you hate them?

Anne

Amen, that's what it's about.

Any type of fear will ultimately lead to anger, which in turn, will lead to hatred, which in turn will lead to violence.

I am kind of sensing a bit of fearmongering in this thread.
So, all the fear stuff... is pretty much going in one ear and out the other.
I'm just really not into fear.

I think we need to be into LOVE.

Every knee will bow..
See people through the eyes of that truth.
peace.
"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

natcat86

« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2009, 08:26:13 PM »
I think Yoda said it best....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yY3m9RWMNA

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2009, 08:29:10 PM »
Rose,

I'm tired of excuses given by professing Christians for spreading hatred in the world.  
How can any person even be alive and breathing without the Holy Spirit?  They cannot.  
We were reconciled to God BEFORE WE KNEW OF HIS LOVE, so is everyone else.  
It is high time people believed that.  Salvation is by GRACE, not of WORKS, lest any man should boast.

Anne
 the Thing is Anne  , If and I do mean If  you Love God first and your neighbour as yourself  

you are keeping the command of God  ,, this is spiritual and it is good
  but

I do hate the flesh and all thats in it  :thumbdown:

learning to know the difference .........   you  can tell them or you can show them   which do you think will matter most to God the righteous Judge  of all His creation    ?   :HeartThrob:
Jesus is the reward  !!

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2009, 05:29:49 AM »
To allow Anne's original discussion to get back on track, another thread has been split off to here;

http://www.tentmaker.org/forum/index.php?topic=7357.msg84088#msg84088

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

noname

« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2009, 09:15:30 AM »
If the Christians are going to demand that the Muslims convert, and the Muslims, who obviously believe there is only One Most High God are going to demand that the Christians convert, and the Jews believe that they are the chosen ones, then I guess we are all going to have to kill one another.  It sure looks like it.  Blessed are those who are not afraid of death.

Anne, I think you're right...this is exactly Satan's plan, that all monotheistic religions "take each other out"...it happened during the middle ages in the middle east, and it seems like its happening again...

some here are afraid that Obama is a Muslim...is nobody here "afraid" that he prays at the wall of the temple of Herod?
just wondering...

Offline Redlettervoice

« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2009, 01:15:20 PM »
Well, Cardinal,

If the Christians are going to demand that the Muslims convert, and the Muslims, who obviously believe there is only One Most High God are going to demand that the Christians convert, and the Jews believe that they are the chosen ones, then I guess we are all going to have to kill one another.  It sure looks like it.  Blessed are those who are not afraid of death.

Anne

"God's" People have always been taught to NOT use carnal weapons.
Just because families have been disfunctional from the beginning,
does not say that it is good.  It is like "divorce." NOT good from the
beginning....

This is the "world"  The "world" is under the "curse."
But the way to get out of it, is to follow Jesus.........

FEAR not, "little" flock.

Shadow

« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2009, 05:16:42 PM »
On this day, 46 years ago, when I was a mere 8 months old, President John F. Kennedy was assassinated, most likely by a combination of the MOB and the CIA.   I do pray that President Obama's enemies be scattered and be brought to nothing.

Anne taken from another thread split from this one

I just happened to be on another forum and a link lead to a website that led to this vile monstrosity

I think it's par for the course that most countries in the world have a corrupt and mostly unlikeable president running it, it seems to be a worldwide conspiracy/agenda, however reading from the link I posted is enough to actually make one truly want to really love one's enemies

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2009, 06:03:52 PM »
Well, for those who advocate stoning to death of gays and lesbians, I suggest you move to somewhere like Iran or Saudi Arabia because they definitely do NOT tolerate gays there.  But in the beloved Israel, they do not kill gays.  So then, these preachers remind me of the Taliban and the Muslim fundamentalists - they really have a lot in common in the things that they despise.   I can't tell much difference at all between fundamentalist Christians and fundamentalist Muslims -- I find them both vile.  There are probably some ultra religious Jews like that too - I just have not read about them.

p.s. Shadow, I read as much of that page as I could stomach.  It made me want to throw up.   I do not trust or fellowship with religious people who have a hateful spirit like that.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 06:24:03 PM by Raggedy Anne »

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2009, 06:14:06 PM »

Sin is sin, all steming from the carnal mind of flesh ..

all flesh is judged as  nothing /vanity .
  we should by now be so full of the Spirit there is no more  room for the flesh to remain  :HeartThrob:
   pity and compassion and strong remorse for those whom still  battle in the flesh realm of thoughts :sigh:
  it is a place of regret , death and  guilt to this very day  :mblush:

for those in the Spirit faithful  Jesus is victorious

Mat 12:20 A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory

1Cr 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 

1Cr 15:57 But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 

1Jo 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, [even] our faith.

Rev 15:2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, [and] over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.    :HeartThrob:
Jesus is the reward  !!

Shadow

« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2009, 06:32:50 PM »
Quote from: Raggedy Anne
p.s. Shadow, I read as much of that page as I could stomach.  It made me want to throw up.   I do not trust or fellowship with religious people who have a hateful spirit like that.

It brings back memories of how I ended up on this site, it was coming across the vile mindset of rampant hardcore fundamentalist bigots, not unlike this one early last year, I almost thought I was trapped in a nightmare I couldn't escape from, I couldn't believe what I was reading at the time (which led to many questions and a near nervous breakdown), I'm more equipped to see such things now, it has been a real education, getting a glimpse
into the darkened minds of some individuals that profess to know God

Anyway the main reason I posted the link was because of Obama, but I suppose it mirrors the mindset of many that share that viewpoint

The thing is learning how to love and pray for, and learning how to accept odious hateful morons such as that preacher
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 07:26:15 PM by Shadow »

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2009, 07:18:49 PM »
Bush & Co. would have had these kind of people arrested in a New York minute.  After all, he would not even
allow Code Pink T-Shirts worn by the anti-war groups to be displayed anywhere near his presence.  I hope these people
wind up in jail for threatening to assassinate the President.

That the right wing is selling t-shirts telling people to "Pray for Obama" by reciting Psalm 109:8 is
just another veiled reference at praying for his death. Scary stuff. Ron Reagan spoke with author
Frank Schaeffer about a new meme that Frank says is "trolling for assassins."

http://airamerica.com/theronreaganshow/blog/11-20-2009/listen-t-shirt-wants-kill-barack-obama/

noname

« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2009, 09:49:49 AM »
I can't tell much difference at all between fundamentalist Christians and fundamentalist Muslims -- I find them both vile.  There are probably some ultra religious Jews like that too - I just have not read about them.

I posted something that you objected to, showing exactly what you "have not read about", you've asked for it to be removed from this site.
Fundamental Jews hates EVERYONE except themselves...but I'm not trying to divert attention away from this thread, just thought I'd mention it...any fundamentalism is dangerous, no matter from what religion or culture it comes from...like making war, that is fundamentalism to the extreme

I hope the prayers are working, for Obama is gathering his war council to decide on another "surge" in Afghanistan...may God help us...especially the people of Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan, Yemen, Palestine, Lebanon, Iran, Israel...and for the American families who's going to lose a father/mother/husband/wife/son/daughter...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 09:57:27 AM by noname »

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2009, 02:06:48 PM »
I can't tell much difference at all between fundamentalist Christians and fundamentalist Muslims -- I find them both vile.  There are probably some ultra religious Jews like that too - I just have not read about them.

I posted something that you objected to, showing exactly what you "have not read about", you've asked for it to be removed from this site.
Fundamental Jews hates EVERYONE except themselves...but I'm not trying to divert attention away from this thread, just thought I'd mention it...any fundamentalism is dangerous, no matter from what religion or culture it comes from...like making war, that is fundamentalism to the extreme

I hope the prayers are working, for Obama is gathering his war council to decide on another "surge" in Afghanistan...may God help us...especially the people of Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan, Yemen, Palestine, Lebanon, Iran, Israel...and for the American families who's going to lose a father/mother/husband/wife/son/daughter...

Noname -

You hope Obama is killed?  You think that will bring peace?  Is that what you are saying?

Anne

noname

« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2009, 03:13:33 PM »
?huh? :mshock:
I know eeengleesh is not my first language...but how did you get to that deduction that I hope Obama gets killed?
from my posts you should know by now that I detest ALL violence and killing...even of perceived "enemies"...if I call myself a Christian and I am for war, I'd be a hypocrite...for our Lord has clearly stated that we should love our enemies

what I'm saying is that I hope the prayers for Obama is working to turn his heart towards God..."for those who live by the sword will die by the sword"...and I hope he decides NOT to send another 20,000 troops to Afghanistan to go and kill more Afghans and Pakistanis and Americans...is this more clear now?

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2009, 03:47:02 PM »
I know eeengleesh is not my first language...but how did you get to that deduction that I hope Obama gets killed?
from my posts you should know by now that I detest ALL violence and killing...even of perceived "enemies"...if I call myself a Christian and I am for war, I'd be a hypocrite...for our Lord has clearly stated that we should love our enemies

what I'm saying is that I hope the prayers for Obama is working to turn his heart towards God..."for those who live by the sword will die by the sword"...and I hope he decides NOT to send another 20,000 troops to Afghanistan to go and kill more Afghans and Pakistanis and Americans...is this more clear now?

Yes, it is more clear now.  However, we had previously been discussing those "Christians" who are praying for God to kill him.   And I thought you were saying you hope those prayers are answered.

noname

« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2009, 03:51:50 PM »

Yes, it is more clear now.  However, we had previously been discussing those "Christians" who are praying for God to kill him.   And I thought you were saying you hope those prayers are answered.

I still do not see how you could've made this assumption that I am part of that group...this is a real slap in the face i reckon :mshock:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2009, 04:13:33 PM »
Quote from: raggedy anne
I hope these people
wind up in jail for threatening to assassinate the President.

That's pretty chilling.  So now we are going to start persecuting the Christians by accusing them of things they are not doing?  Even the secret service guy I saw interviewed on FOX news didn't think that was the case.  And, he's trained to assess 'threats.'
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 04:24:26 PM by Molly »