Author Topic: Pray for our President Obama!  (Read 4875 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: Pray for our President Obama!
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2009, 12:41:41 PM »
yes, i s'pose one can argue what racism is or not...it all basically comes down to a situation of "us" vs "them"
And even that is to positive.
It's "us wants that".
It's not about people. It's about the things they have.
Let's put this to the extreme. Suppose that in 1981 a spokesman of the joined Arab countries came to the White House and said: Hi Ronald, we are a huge fan of your movies and really like you. Our Arab Reagan fan club decided we have more oil that we ever need and we are going to build a big pipeline to the USA. All on our costs. You can take as much oil from it as you want. I think the people in that regions would be called "friends, partners, etc" instead of "The axis of evil"
Just because "we" get the oil for free. Then Bush Sr and Jr. didn't have to pretent they were "bringing freedom and democracy" instead of securing oil supplies. If all the oil was in the US then the Arab countries would be virtually unknown.
It's about the stuff not the people. Death is just collateral damage.
If Germany had massive oil supplies it would still be occupied territory. Then the official reason would be the US troops protecting the world from a country with 60 million potential Hitlers. But the real reason would be oil. The stuff not the people.
Greed masquerades as many things but it's the originator of many bad things. Someone far greater than me agrees with that view  :laughing7:: 1 Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2009, 12:57:27 PM »
We elected a man to the highest office in our land based on what he said he would do, not based on his skin color.  If skin color were an issue, he would not have been elected.  This is not the same as having a 'black friend.'
I said that he was voted in because people saw past his race because you got to know him. So we dont disagree there, what I am saying is that voting Obama in doesnt make you a non racist any more thn not voting for him makes you a racist.
I'm just an outsider but I somehow doubt he was elected for his qualities. The elections started out with about 30 candidates??? But from the start the focus was on Obama and Clinton.
And in every bit of press coverage the most important thing was black candidate Obama and female canditate Clinton? If it is about their intelect and plans then it doesn't matter if they are black/white/male/female.
But everything was geared towards a choice between a black and a female.
Both were very odd. A negro for president??? A female for president??? Yeah that's great news that demands much coverage.
I bet if Mc Cain was a black woman he would have won the elections :winkgrin:
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Redlettervoice

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2009, 01:01:21 PM »
Awesome, ReFORMer,

Who ever would have dreamed that America would have sunken so low as to have men from the pulpit
praying for God to curse the President of the nation.    It is no wonder I stay away from the churches.

So "who" are these people "praying" to since the Bible says to pray
"for" those in authority?

I can't believe the degradation of this nation.  The braveness of some
people to revel in their sin natures.

The day is upon us to "know" who serves God and "who" does not.
The carnal man does NOT!!
Never has.
Never will.

Is not subject to the Law of God.

The law of God "wars" against the law of sin "written" in our members
til the Law of the Spirit of LIFE quickens us out of that war.

We are blessed to have been quickened.

I "try" not to judge, but God help us all, "this" is awful the way people
are tarring and feathering some others in our day.  I don't know if I
can "even" "be" burdened over it, I am told to enter REST and leave
it to God, He would have to "give" ME A BURDEN OF PRAYER......
WE CAN SEE THE SIGNS OF THE TIME UPON US.  GOD BLESS YOU
ALL.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2009, 01:05:47 PM »
Quote from: ww

It's about Satan not wanting anyone to have anything.  Curse God and die is his motto.

We don't need their oil.  We have oil coming out of our ears right here in our own country.  The environmentalists pretend they want to save the polar bear, but they care nothing about the desert mole [or the people] in another country?  It's all nonsense.

The world has sent those countries billions of dollars for their oil.  Why aren't the people of those countries richer than kings?

And, death on both sides is not just collateral damage.

Proverbs 8:36
But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Offline Redlettervoice

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2009, 01:09:43 PM »

That's the human condition.  The human condition is what we must move beyond, not 'racism.'
And, I think we're making very good progress.

2 Corinthians 5:16
Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

I am "for" Barak Obama.  He is as much "white" as he is "black" but
people are so aganist "blacks" they don't even notice that.
I am proud therefore for the opportunities he was afforded.
I know "nothing" that I can really understand about POLITIcs.
But.......I know something about humanity...........I know that all
men everwhere have the same hurts, the same devil to content with,
the same pains, the same joys, ....therefore let us not be "against"
anyone but help when the Spirit leads.

Molly, I'm glad we are told to look beyond the "flesh" and know
people by the Spirit, but it sure takes a high mind.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2009, 01:25:13 PM »
Quote from: RLV
So "who" are these people "praying" to since the Bible says to pray
"for" those in authority?

Hi Red, I'm not saying this is the case now, but if you were living in Nazi Germany, would you have prayed that Hitler live a long and healthy life?  Would you pray that he change his ways?  Would you pray that he be converted?  Would you pray for God to bind him?  Would you pray he be victorious in his endeavors?

What would you pray for Hitler?  Would you speak out against him or for him?

Germany was one of the biggest Christian countries in the world at the time.

The Christian ministers and priests who spoke out against him were thrown in camps or killed.  Were they wrong to do so?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 02:04:44 PM by Molly »

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2009, 02:28:27 PM »
Quote from: ww
We don't need their oil.  We have oil coming out of our ears right here in our own country.
That's new technology. Unproved. And more expensive atm
Plus you are overlooking a major thing. I wrote wars are often about resources. And that equals money. What if war itself has become an industry and is profiteble for some? Then waging wars is earning money. All you need then is an enemy. Enemies are easily found and/or made.
The world has sent those countries billions of dollars for their oil.  Why aren't the people of those countries richer than kings?
Because their kings are greedy.
And, death on both sides is not just collateral damage.
For 'them' it is. Surely they would like to avoid death because that costs to much. It eats away the profits. Troops are just cannon fodder. The problem for those earning from wars is that when they run out of cannon fodder they their cash cow dries up. as long as cash flows in: collateral damage.

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2009, 12:29:29 PM »
It is completely ridiculous to compare President Obama to Hitler (IMO). 

People on the far right have clearly lost their minds.  If you hate Obama, then you have no
business doing it in a thread titled "Pray for our President Obama!"  I'm not going to sit by
and let you trash the man without calling you out on it.  Stop it.

Anne
Ours is not to make up anybody's mind, but to open hearts.
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

natcat86

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2009, 01:14:06 PM »

Hi Red, I'm not saying this is the case now, but if you were living in Nazi Germany, would you have prayed that Hitler live a long and healthy life?  Would you pray that he change his ways?  Would you pray that he be converted?  Would you pray for God to bind him?  Would you pray he be victorious in his endeavors?

What would you pray for Hitler?  Would you speak out against him or for him?

Germany was one of the biggest Christian countries in the world at the time.

The Christian ministers and priests who spoke out against him were thrown in camps or killed.  Were they wrong to do so?

Well seeing as when the command to pray for leaders was written the person writing it was witnessing a worse persecution of the Jews than the holocaust and a worse global occupation by those leaders I think that people should have prayed for Hitler. Seeing as in praying we are to ask for God's will to be done and His kingdom come that applied to Hitler too. The Jews had experieced real tyrany under many leaders but the new jewish christians were  still being commanded to pray for leaders.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2009, 01:51:34 PM »
It is completely ridiculous to compare President Obama to Hitler (IMO).
Anne, read all before gettin angry!
Why is it insane? They are both leaders. Does the Bible say that we only should pray for certain/good leaders?
Anne, if you have lived in Germany at that time you might have prayed for Hitler too. The rise of Hitler wasn't without a cause. Germany lost WW-1 The country was in deep poverty because of payments it had to make to other countries (among other things) Hitler offered them a way out. His insanity wasn't that obvious at that point. In fact his insanity was only seen by a select few. As far as the average citizen knew the Jews were transported to factories somewhere. Making all kind of things the troops needed. The existance of extermination camps was virtually unknown. There's much, much, more to say on this subject but let me just say that the German people just thought their army was fighting a nice clean war (as far a war can be nice and clean). Note: only a small fraction of the whole army knew about the horrors of the Jews, Gipsey's, mentally ill.
Plus don't forget the huge propaganda machine!
So when 'you' as a German mother hiding with your family in the shelter for air raid number 1028 with your husband somewhere fighting, yes Ann even you may have been praying for Hitler to be victorious.
The nasty things always happen in the hidden...

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2009, 02:08:21 PM »
I always wondered how that could happen to an advanced civilization and a Christian country.  Unfortunately, after the last ten years, now I know.  The citizens supported it and silenced or shunned their fellow citizens who didn't. It takes a lot of courage to deal with that and most people don't have it.  By the time the majority woke up to what was going on, they were too terrified themselves to do anything about it.  Hannah Arendt called it 'the banality of evil.'

"I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty."
--1Timothy 2

It's interesting how Paul puts that. That's a compound sentence.   He tells us that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving thanks be made for all men.

"Supplications" is a neutral word, which is not indicative of for or against--

G1162
δέησις
deēsis
deh'-ay-sis
From G1189; a petition: - prayer, request, supplication.

"Prayers" is another neutral word, where the content is not specified--

"intercessions" is another neutral word, where the content is not specified--

G1783
ἔντευξις
enteuxis
ent'-yook-sis
From G1793; an interview, that is, (specifically) supplication: - intercession, prayer.

For kings, in particular, and those in authority, Paul tells us to pray that Christians may lead a quiet and peaceable life in godliness and honesty.  That didn't work out in his lifetime, but it worked out eventually--sometimes, somewhere.

2 For kings and all that be set in highness, that we lead a quiet and a peaceable life, in all piety and chastity.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 02:34:36 PM by Molly »

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2009, 05:53:22 AM »
The scribes and pharisees were quite familiar with the scriptures, yet they used them unlawfully.   That has not changed.

Anne

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2009, 10:12:58 AM »
 :cloud9: The simplest thing is usually the best. We pray for His perfect will to be done in their lives, as He knows the heart, including how easy it is for Him to turn. That removes the possibility of praying any unrighteous prayers, that would only reap for the one doing the praying. Blessings.....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2009, 11:57:53 AM »
:cloud9: The simplest thing is usually the best. We pray for His perfect will to be done in their lives, as He knows the heart, including how easy it is for Him to turn. That removes the possibility of praying any unrighteous prayers, that would only reap for the one doing the praying. Blessings.....
 I would tend to think that, myself, not really based on anything I know to be true, but to be 'safe.'  Is there such a thing as an 'unrighteous prayer' cited in the Bible?  Those ministers in the links above used King David as their model.  David didn't mince words in his prayers about his enemies. lol  This is one of the Psalms they mentioned--

Psalm 58
 1Do ye indeed speak righteousness, O congregation? do ye judge uprightly, O ye sons of men?

2Yea, in heart ye work wickedness; ye weigh the violence of your hands in the earth.

3The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

4Their poison is like the poison of a serpent: they are like the deaf adder that stoppeth her ear;

5Which will not hearken to the voice of charmers, charming never so wisely.

6Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth: break out the great teeth of the young lions, O LORD.

7Let them melt away as waters which run continually: when he bendeth his bow to shoot his arrows, let them be as cut in pieces.

8As a snail which melteth, let every one of them pass away: like the untimely birth of a woman, that they may not see the sun.

9Before your pots can feel the thorns, he shall take them away as with a whirlwind, both living, and in his wrath.

10The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.

11So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward for the righteous: verily he is a God that judgeth in the earth.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2009, 05:46:28 PM »
 :cloud9: Well, WWJD? Can you see Him praying for physical enemies to be destroyed? Our enemies are not carnal but spiritual. What controls Obama is not physical but spiritual; and if he really is a Muslim, which I have read in several articles that he is (from conversations in speeches), then we are dealing most likely with a prince of darkness over that religion, instead of your "garden variety" evil spirits. In which case, prayer and the anointing of Christ, is the only weapon we have.

I can tell you from personal experience dealing with what came at me over the salvation of the first one in a family that had not received Christ in nearly 2000 years, the rulers of darkness in that religion are particularly nasty and were it not for Christ and His anointing, I wouldn't be here today to talk about it.

Unrighteous prayers are those against His perfect will; which is why the Spirit is supposed to pray for us, cause we know not what we should pray. So what I do, if I don't know how to pray because the Spirit has not instructed me, I just pray for His perfect will to be done in whosever's life, and consider it lined up with His will, whatever that might be.

The reason we are told to pray for our enemies, so that coals will be put upon their heads, is because Pentecost is as what happened on Sinai, and on Sinai there were coals of fire. So basically He is telling us to pray them into the Kingdom and His covenant. Which basically is "taking the land" (their flesh), which we as believers have a right to do, ie. claim it for the Kingdom. Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2009, 06:01:48 PM »
:cloud9: Well, WWJD? Can you see Him praying for physical enemies to be destroyed? Our enemies are not carnal but spiritual. What controls Obama is not physical but spiritual; and if he really is a Muslim, which I have read in several articles that he is (from conversations in speeches), then we are dealing most likely with a prince of darkness over that religion, instead of your "garden variety" evil spirits. In which case, prayer and the anointing of Christ, is the only weapon we have.

I can tell you from personal experience dealing with what came at me over the salvation of the first one in a family that had not received Christ in nearly 2000 years, the rulers of darkness in that religion are particularly nasty and were it not for Christ and His anointing, I wouldn't be here today to talk about it.

Unrighteous prayers are those against His perfect will; which is why the Spirit is supposed to pray for us, cause we know not what we should pray. So what I do, if I don't know how to pray because the Spirit has not instructed me, I just pray for His perfect will to be done in whosever's life, and consider it lined up with His will, whatever that might be.

The reason we are told to pray for our enemies, so that coals will be put upon their heads, is because Pentecost is as what happened on Sinai, and on Sinai there were coals of fire. So basically He is telling us to pray them into the Kingdom and His covenant. Which basically is "taking the land" (their flesh), which we as believers have a right to do, ie. claim it for the Kingdom. Blessings....
:thumbsup:    You have explained this very well sis ! :HeartThrob:

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2009, 06:17:12 PM »
Obama has stated plainly that he is a Christian.  Have you even bothered to read either of his books?  He is not a Muslim.  His natural father was a Muslim.   
Do you really think God intends for the Christians to wipe out 2 Billion Muslims with swords?   I don't get the hatred against this man.  I think it is a product of fear. 
Bush, who claimed to be a Christian was a very openly ungodly leader.   But you took his word for it that he was born again just because he named the name of Jesus.  That is the problem with the far right - they just don't see their blatant hypocrisy.  They think that only Republicans are TRUE believers.  Yet the Republican party has gone over the edge of the cliff - they're mad!   

Oh well.  There are none so blind as those who cannot see.  And those who walk in a spirit of fear.  I do think it is a shame that you believe President Obama is a liar about his faith.

Anne

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2009, 06:27:20 PM »
 :cloud9: Oh, I don't know about that Anne........I have seen videos of him saying "the Holy Quran says", more than once, and it is a fact that he placed Muslims in positions of national security posts, which to me is a lot like putting the fox in charge of the hen house. And the "holy" Quran basically says the end justifies the means, and if you have to lie or whatever to get what you want, then that's ok. My  :2c: Blessings....

Offline jfraysse

• Est
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2009, 06:33:27 PM »
hmm... Hot Topic, This! :happygrin:
I'm smart enough to know that I'm not always smart enough!

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2009, 06:45:33 PM »
:cloud9: Oh, I don't know about that Anne........I have seen videos of him saying "the Holy Quran says", more than once, and it is a fact that he placed Muslims in positions of national security posts, which to me is a lot like putting the fox in charge of the hen house. And the "holy" Quran basically says the end justifies the means, and if you have to lie or whatever to get what you want, then that's ok. My  :2c: Blessings....

I think the Quran may be a holy book.   I couldn't really say for sure, I've never actually read it.   
I think God is the God of Christians, Muslims, and Jews.  It seems very wrong to me for a Christian to hate people who are not of their faith or to condemn them.
Perhaps you just don't quite understand the big picture, Cardinal.   Concentrate on the teachings of Christ.  Are you willing to lay down your life as Christ did?

Anne

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2009, 06:48:32 PM »
Obama has stated plainly that he is a Christian.
Bush, who claimed to be a Christian was a very openly ungodly leader.
What did Obama really do sofar? Besides words?
Do you really think God intends for the Christians to wipe out 2 Billion Muslims with swords?
Did any president do that?
I don't get the hatred against this man.  I think it is a product of fear.
I think it's a product of a sound mind. I simply don't trust him. Neither I did trust Bush, Clinton, etc Neither do I trust the clowns that are in charge where I live.
But you took his word for it that he was born again just because he named the name of Jesus.
I think he and Obama should be judged by their fruits. Bush has proved his fruits were of war and deceit. From the short period Obama is in charge I can say no different. Yes if he withdraws all/the vast majority of US troops I see fruits of peace. But personally I wouldn't be the least suprised he adds Iran to the war list.
Oh well.  There are none so blind as those who cannot see.  And those who walk in a spirit of fear.
Or those who got drunk by the wine... :bigGrin:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2009, 06:50:11 PM »

Thanks, Cardinal.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2009, 06:58:28 PM »
Quote from: raggedyanne
Bush, who claimed to be a Christian was a very openly ungodly leader.   But you took his word for it that he was born again just because he named the name of Jesus.  That is the problem with the far right - they just don't see their blatant hypocrisy.  They think that only Republicans are TRUE believers.  Yet the Republican party has gone over the edge of the cliff - they're mad!  

Not a bad observation.  Satan deceives the whole world, remember?

Do you really think God intends for the Christians to wipe out 2 Billion Muslims with swords?

Absolutely not.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 07:08:23 PM by Molly »

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2009, 07:34:35 PM »
I think the Quran may be a holy book.   I couldn't really say for sure, I've never actually read it.    
I think God is the God of Christians, Muslims, and Jews.  It seems very wrong to me for a Christian to hate people who are not of their faith or to condemn them.
Perhaps you just don't quite understand the big picture, Cardinal.   Concentrate on the teachings of Christ.  Are you willing to lay down your life as Christ did?

Anne

:cloud9: I have read some excerpts out of it, and it is definitely not holy, not HS inspired. Just it's inception, which I read about from a PRO Muslim source is enough to show it was not from God.

An angel appeared to him in a cave, with a banner, with the words on it and told him to write them down. Three times he failed to do this, and three times the angel hit him for his disobedience, before Muhammad mentioned to the "angel" he was illiterate. Seems to me an angel of God would have been instructed differently, assuming of course, there was an angel to begin with.

I also read that one of his underage forced child brides said something to the effect of, "I see you have found a religion to accommodate your sin," ie. child molestation and rape.

Muhammad was aware of Jesus being taken from them in a cloud, and therefore he too "ascended" into heaven from Jerusalem. Seems he forgot the part about flesh and blood cannot enter the Kingdom of God. That he and his doctrine of devils is a usurper and counterfeit, should be obvious.

And I don't hate them; if I hated them I would relegate them to remain in ignorance of the Word of the one true God and His Son who died for them as well. If I hated them, I could espouse a false love, ie. the "mantra chant" of the New Age, which is that all paths lead to God, sort of a "I'm Ok, you're Ok", type of doctrine that eliminates the need for the righteousness of the Son.

God is forgiving of our ignorance in trying other paths, but the baptism of John in water, was for REPENTANCE from dead works (other paths), which is why it came before the baptism in the Spirit (where the living HG does the works), and why Jesus told John that it was necessary to fulfill ALL righteousness.

As for laying my life down; anyone that continues in the Word and exchanges what THEY think, for what HE thinks, is laying down their soulish lives, little by little. What I hate about it, is that it takes so long. Many times I have asked Him to just "kill" me now, ie. deliver me of all the tares at once and get it over with, if it meant HE could come in full power and get things here straightened out.

One of the times I did that, He told me He couldn't do that, because if He took everything out of us that was not of Him (in all of us) all at once, we would DIE from the shock of it (don't remove the tares until it's time or you will hurt the wheat?). So plodding along here.........day by day...........Blessings.....

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2009, 07:48:15 PM »
Well, Cardinal,

If the Christians are going to demand that the Muslims convert, and the Muslims, who obviously believe there is only One Most High God are going to demand that the Christians convert, and the Jews believe that they are the chosen ones, then I guess we are all going to have to kill one another.  It sure looks like it.  Blessed are those who are not afraid of death.

Anne