Author Topic: not being catholic  (Read 956 times)

Andromeda_Organa

not being catholic
« on: June 19, 2009, 12:58:26 AM »
I could NEVER be Catholic b/c of how they treat women. Will that send me to Hell?

Paul Hazelwood

Re: not being catholic
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 02:03:36 AM »
I could NEVER be Catholic b/c of how they treat women. Will that send me to Hell?

Only if they come after you with torches.

martincisneros

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 03:05:47 AM »
Sounds like you're already in Hell if you still have a question like that after all God's shown you of His everlasting commitment to never let go of you!

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 08:24:53 AM »

My parents are raised Catholic and I can assure you my father always has put my mother in the first place.
And vise versa I should add.
Perhaps he didn't follow Catholic teaching to well.
But it sound to me the way the Bible decribes marriage.
Although there are odd things in that decription teh bottom line seems to be that the task of both is to support eachother.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 08:40:55 AM »
My parents are raised Catholic and I can assure you my father always has put my mother in the first place.
And vise versa I should add.
But it sound to me the way the Bible decribes marriage.

Nice.

martincisneros

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 11:34:18 AM »
In every single way
the task of both is to support eachother.
:cloud9: :banana: :trampoline: :omg:

Couldn't have said it better myself.                      Couldn't have said it better myself.                      Couldn't have said it better myself.                      Couldn't have said it better myself.

Offline sven

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 03:24:16 PM »

I would rather say, being Catholic would send you to hell  ;)

but I don't believe in hell at all, it's unscriptural in my opinion (and I guess in any others opinion here as well)

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 04:11:33 PM »

Hell to me is the grave ,   being  dead to God and   God is the  God of the living 
 but through Faith in Jesus Christ we now have an access to God by His  SON demonstrating    what LOVE IS towards us

the Lord of the living and the dead by what Jesus proved  that  death has no power over Him
  this Victory  is won  we just have to simply believe it and  do it as well go i8n the same manner     , each of us have to undergo this body of death / grave /hell

in adam all die  that being flesh and blood / carnal beings 
 but the spiritual beings to me are  right there within to , being made stronger  by the power  of God /Life IN US by faith  in Christ and  His love and greace and mercy  towards each of us who believe  that death /sin  no longer has any power of us  either  . being ready at all times to live in the Spirit / Body of Christ that never dies or  knows corruption /decay /loss 

religion  of any  denomination,   does not ,to me have any exclusive rights to that Life that only Jesus Christ promises and sure delivers to us ......... :HeartThrob:  pray my dear for His presence and deliverance  , its a sure  thing!  :thumbsup:

Jesus is the reward  !!

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 03:42:43 AM »

:cloud9: Only if you can't outrun them......... :icon_jokercolor:  :laughing7:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Tony N

• Bronze
    • Saviour of All Fellowship
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 11:31:49 PM »

Please give an example.

I was raised Catholic and my dad always treated my mother with respect.
Just because God says He will save all mankind
does not necessarily mean He won't.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 11:37:38 PM »
I'm with Tony on that one.
I also was raised Roman Catholic with 12 years of Catholic schooling.
There was no oppression of women.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 02:57:38 AM »
Just guesswork, but I think one of the things AO has problems with is all RC officials are men. Ever seen a female pope?

AO I'm saying this with a good heart: It's a silly question.
According to that reasoning everyone goes to hell.
Every none RC goes to hell. Every none protestant goes to hell. Every none muslim goes to hell. Every ....
See what I mean? You can only belong to one group. So whatever you choose you are always damned by 10 other groups.
The only church that matters is the church of FHSS
Father, HS, Son
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Andromeda_Organa

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 03:20:39 PM »
Just guesswork, but I think one of the things AO has problems with is all RC officials are men. Ever seen a female pope?

exactly! :laughing7:

Roy Monis

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 09:09:44 PM »

Dear brother Andromeda_Orga

As long as you persist in the false notion of "HELL" (Probably devised by someone like Jerome) you, my brother, will be condemning youself to it right here on earth while you're alive. But there is one good thing to look forward to and that is the relief you'll have when you get to the other side to find that there is no such place. But, yet again, that is not much consolation for ruining your life on earth which God has given you to enjoy in His peace and love.

"This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." (1Tim.2:3-4). Believe the Scriptures, brother, ALL men be SAVED not any sent to a fabled HELL.

Love is of God……. Love is God……. This comes to all in love
Roy   (UK)