Author Topic: Metal! Heavy Metal!  (Read 1999 times)

martincisneros

Re: Metal! Heavy Metal!
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2009, 08:17:06 AM »
Shadow,
Parrots like to talk, even if they have no clue what it's about.
Crackers anybody?

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2009, 08:35:37 AM »
Shadow,
Parrots like to talk, even if they have no clue what it's about.
Crackers anybody?

I have some dog biscuits for you. Cat taste. Veggie stuff ofcourse  :laughing7:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2009, 09:12:13 AM »
Well, I like every form of music, some more than others.  I really wish you could hear Scriabin's Sonata No. 5, Op. 53 for piano.  It only took him six days to write.  Richter thought it was the most difficult piece in the entire piano repertoire.  It was written with some relationship to his orchestral work, Poem of Ecstasy, Op. 54.  (You should enjoy it before you try to sort out what is about.)

I could never see why amplified guitars were supposed to be more "holy" than acoustic.  Some of the music I imagine someday composing really ought to have back masking that says wonderful and worshipful things of light and life.  It isn't styles of music that are wrong.  It is the lyrics that must be judged and, to a certain extent, the musicians lifestyles.  The waltz was scandolous when it first came out.  It was the first popular dance where the couples held their bodies against each other.  ("If I said you have a beautiful body would you hold it against me?" -- Groucho Marks)  Some of the old standard operas have licentuous lyrics.  Much of Country music advocates adultery and alcoholism.  Yet that is a sort of default Christian music style in much of the USA.

I've been to "Christian" concerts of about every kind of music.  Some is more prominent in the L.A. area, for example, where there is a greater market to sustain it.  The anointing can be on musicians lives regardless of the style, and it is ministered as they perform.  It is poorly done music that Christians should generally decry.  It is a shame we are so impoverished musically.  It can be a great tool to reach people with the truth.  People will sing revelation of the truth that they would never sit under the teaching of.  I think the greatest music is yet to be created.  It will be music to the glory of God.  I've gotten to the place I just don't hear what I want in hardly any of it.  A lot of it is just too much "clangbangconflangerie."  Maybe waiting on God I can receive some of what is lacking.  What music ministers "peace that passes understanding?"
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Jerm

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2009, 06:39:20 AM »
It's the best music :)

Alas, a kindred spirit!  Metal is the best there is!  I listen to both secular and Christian bands.  For awhile I tried finding "alternative" Christian bands for the secular ones but let's face it, nothing compares to Metallica or Pantera!

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2009, 07:00:28 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l66vHFxU0pc

Horowitz plays Scriabin Sonata No. 5, Op.53

I like Trance.  Can't get it on the radio here in rural Georgia.  Did you know more than half the radio stations here are gospel stations?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 10:36:27 PM by reFORMer »
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2009, 05:34:54 PM »
Not to sound like I'm bashing heavy metal . . . they are personally not my first choice in music, but I'm curious, ever come across any quantum physic topics relating to matters such as this?

Offline chuckt

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2009, 06:26:13 PM »
Greetings all,

i never really liked HM, i did like hard and soft rock, still do, just dont really have a need for anymore.

when i do get together with friends i still like to play the old classics on the drums.

i never cared for christian rock.

now in my 40's ive takin a shine to old blues and the like.

never the less, music just isnt a big part of my life.

well thats me.

IF YOU, like  HM and you invite a friend over who dosent like it, DONT play it  :winkgrin:

Blessings.
euty

Roy Monis

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2009, 09:36:12 PM »
never the less, music just isnt a big part of my life.

Dear brother Chuck

That's me!  Music never was a big part of my life, though I do appreciate the fact that it is beautiful and something to be desired and cherished. Some have it and some don't, brother reFORMer certainly does have it and I greatly admire him and secretly (unnoticed by God hopefully) envy him. HM to me in church is very LOUD NOISE and troublesome to my ears so I'd rather get out than stop in. But that's only IMO, others may like their eardrums clearing of unwanted wax, so be it, I like my wax it comes out on its own when it's ready. 

Love is of God……. Love is God……. This comes to all in love
Roy   (UK)