Author Topic: Metal! Heavy Metal!  (Read 1207 times)

Offline B_T

• Est
Metal! Heavy Metal!
« on: August 21, 2008, 11:59:58 PM »
It's the best music :)

Actually, what do you think? There are some good Christian bands - Stryper, Whitecross, Mortification, Slechtvalk, Antestor...

There's one think I don't like - there's sometimes a hell message

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: Metal! Heavy Metal!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 12:15:17 AM »
Metal rules!
Iron Maiden makes my blood boil!
I'm aminly fan of the older bands. Maiden, Dio, Saxon, Mothorhead etc
But Sepultura and Morbid Angle once in a while is fine too  :thumbsup:

I tried listening to some Christain band but they lack class. Altough not as bad as I feared.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

arcticmonster2003

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 06:51:35 AM »
Are you guys serious? I mean really. Here is a good testimony on rock music (including heavy metal and "Jesus Rock".)
Its high time for Jesus Christ's disciples to be real disciples and lose their love for this world. Lets pray.

Throw on your armor, and only watch if you know Jesus Christ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_p14nClVTA&feature=related
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 07:13:02 AM by arcticmonster2003 »

martincisneros

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 07:54:05 AM »
I like the beat of some of the Christian bands.  Don't laugh, arcticmonster2003, but there are even Christian versions of death metal.  Those are the ones that I've liked the most in Christian metal music.  However, I've noticed that if I listen to music that sounds emotionally unbalanced, then I become emotionally unbalanced.  Music is too much like air, and for all I know it might be a type of air because of how addictive it is while at the same time there's little logic for it being as addictive as it can be unless it literally were something inhailed by your soul and spirit. 

I would recommend the same moderation in listening to Christian metal as in eating types of food that you already know have a million calories a serving!  We don't know the long term effects yet of this type of music in the way that we're starting to know about some of the junk food's results.  Aside from deafening yourself if you're at too many concerts or have the music turned up too loud, I genuinely wonder about potential nerve damage from excessive amounts of the music from the standpoint that it's the exact opposite of a lot of the classical music that's been found to be sooo incredibly healing on all levels of a person's experience, whether spiritually or in their bodies.  Some have done experiments with this type of music and have found it harmful to plants, while the same type of plants tend to be healthier with other types of music. 

St. Paul said that all things were permissible, but that it wasn't good to become captive to anything in this world.  For these reasons, as well as what B_T mentioned about Hell messages being associated [too much of the time] with this music, I just haven't been able to listen to it in a really long time.  I do have a copy of Stryper's version of the glory, hallelujah chorus from the Battle Hymn of the Republic on this computer, though.  But that's not hard at all.  That's borderline ballad style.  Michael Sweet, formerly of Stryper, has a really great voice when he's doing the hymns, as he's been doing in recent years. 

One of the guys from Korn has come to Christ and is wanting to do Christian music.  He's got an amazing conversion testimony that's been shown on several different channels, on several different programs.  The Holy Spirit's all over that guy.  He reminds me a lot of someone I used to work in ministry with that died a few years ago.  Because he's not likely to do the "bringing in the sheaves" type of tacky music, I have my doubts that the Christian publicity machine will swallow him up and make a Christian television victim out of him though.  His testimony will come up every once in a while when mainstream Christians are wanting to know about the impact of Christ in that realm of music, but I have my doubts that they'd be the very ones to go out and buy a hundred million copies of whatever his new stuff will be.

martincisneros

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 08:21:28 AM »
Here's wikipedia's list of Christian metal bands:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_metal_bands

What's funny to me about the above link is that they list Petra as Heavy Metal.  If Petra is heavy metal (which I've never thought of any of their stuff that way), then at least now I know that God can anoint Word-based versions of even this music if the Holy Spirit genuinely had input into the lyrics.  About a 7th, perhaps as much as a 5th of their music is just blatant UR with songs like Ancient of Days; Song of Moses; Grave Robber; He came, He saw, He conquered; Be of Good Cheer; Whole World; and a bunch of other good stuff that they did over the 30 or so years that they were a band.  I've never considered them Metal before.  But then again, there are sooo many types of Metal that perhaps there's even a category for them.  Anyway, Pat Boone did a Metal CD a few years ago too, that I've been wanting to hear just out of curiosity more than necessarily being a fan.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 08:33:39 AM by martincisneros »

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 04:10:25 PM »
AM2003,

I just can't see any harm in Metal. I know about the bad publicity it gets.
Backward messages for example. Some even found them in speeches of M.L. King.... tja....
I'm possibly the worst Christian that ever existed but I'm certainly not a satanist.

Someday somehow I started to look at Christianity.
And some tiny but very consistent changes happened to my behavior.
For example I always write God with a capital G. Same for Him, Jesus, Lord. I also refuse to write satan, allah etc with caps.
I even edit my posts if I find an error in that. And for a sloppy typist like me that's 'special'
I have a real foul mouth. Cursing was a everyday activity.
Kinda suddenly I stopped using such words. Very seldom I speak them now. But accidently and them only get spoken partly.
I somehow feel 'em be blocked in my throat. As a headbanger I for sure used the devils sign. You know that horn symbol. When others speak those words I feel something too.
I just stopped doing that. One of the first things I noticed on about the smiley set on this board is that headbanger smiley I just refuse to use. I even had a smal urge mailing Martin about it. But I didn't because I'm for sure that for example smiley master Willie has zero satanic meaning when using that smiley. Just the fun factor. (like my metal)

So Metal hasn't completely dragged me down.
Even more.... wanna know a little secret.... the snippet of the lyrics of a metal song was the start of my Bible experience.
I just started to Google for it.

"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the
beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the
beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and
sixty six."

:2c:
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

arcticmonster2003

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 12:13:39 AM »
Anyway, the testimony is there (the above youtube link) for anyone whom might hear it.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 04:44:12 AM by arcticmonster2003 »

Offline studier

• Restricted
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 02:26:30 AM »
Stryper, Whitecross

Haha, I used to listen to these guys.

arcticmonster2003

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 01:22:10 AM »
Whitewings, seeing how you were the one whom gave me the link which led to this page, I have a hard time seeing how you don't see the harm in metal. If people don't think this affects them, then they are wrong, however, after seeing the truth behind the music, to turn from the truth and choose to believe a delusion that makes a person happy is even worse. I think God gives everyone a space to accept the truth as he reveals it to them, if, after a space of time, they do not like the truth however, I believe he lets them believe whichever delusion they want. Choose your delusions carefully.

quote from http://www.illuminati-news.com/art-and-mc/satanic-quotes.htm
Satanic Quotes by Musicians
- Wes Penre, April 2003 -

David Bowie in Rolling Stone magazine (Feb. 12, 1976), stunned the music world, when he stated:
"Rock has always been THE DEVIL'S MUSIC . . . I believe rock and roll is dangerous . . . I feel we're only heralding SOMETHING EVEN DARKER THAN OURSELVES." (Rolling Stone, Feb. 12, 1976)

In the song "The Conjuring" by Megadeth, the REAL mission of rock is clearly heard:

"I AM THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE A SALESMAN, if you will . . .
Come join me in my INFERNAL DEPTHS . . .
I've got your soul!" At the end of the song · they chant "OBEY"!

Rocker Frank Zappa (who discovered the awful truth December 4, 1993 the second he died) proudly boasted:
"I'm the devil's advocate. We have our own worshippers who are called 'groupies.' Girls will give their bodies to musicians as you would give a sacrifice to a god." (Peters Brothers, What About Christian Rock, p. 17)

The super group, Metallica, in the song "Jump In the Fire", commands young people to jump into hell:

"Follow me now my child . . .
DO JUST AS I SAY . . .
Jump by your will or be taken by force I'll get you either way . . .
So reach down grab my hand walk with me through the land
COME HOME WHERE YOU BELONG
So come on JUMP IN THE FIRE."

In the cover song, "The Prince", Metallica openly sing:

"Angel from below . . .
I WISH TO SELL MY SOUL . . .
DEVIL TAKE MY SOUL
with diamonds you repay I don't care for heaven
so don't you look for me to cry
AND I WILL BURN IN HELL from the day I die."

Rock star, Marilyn Manson, proudly boasts:

"Hopefully, I·ll be remembered as the person who brought an end to Christianity." (Spin, August 1996, p. 34)

Manson, an ordained "reverend" in the Church of Satan, mutilates himself on stage (1 Kings 18:28), rips-up the Holy Bible, and spews "blasphemies" against the Lord Jesus Christ. Manson·s T-Shirts declare,

"KILL YOUR PARENTS" & "I ¤ SATAN".

Manson claims his album Antichrist Superstar came via "supernatural-inspiration":

"I heard this album as finished, I heard it in dreams . . . It was like the revelations of John the Baptist or something." (huH, Oct. 1996, p.34)

Manson·s "hope" for Antichrist Superstar,:

"I think every time people listen to this new album maybe God will be destroyed in their heads. . ." (huH, Oct. 1996, p.37)

Manson·s "blasphemy" is not just an act. Manson readily admitts there's more to the show than meets the eye:

"I don·t know if anyone has really understood what we·re trying to do. This isn·t just about shock value . . . that·s just there to lure the people in. Once we·ve got ·em we can give ·em our MESSAGE." (Hit Parader, Oct. 1996, p.28)

Manson admits his childhood longing for Satan:

"My mom used to tell me when I was a kid, ·If you curse at nighttime, the devil·s going to come to you when you·re sleeping.· I used to get excited because I really wanted it to happen . . . I wanted it. I wanted it more than anything . . ."(Rolling Stone, January, 23, 1997 p.52)

A visitor to this "I sold my soul to rock'n'roll'" website, who wanted to challenge the credibility of this page emailed Marilyn Manson. This is what this person wrote me in an email dated 02/23/2003::

Hi!

I came across your website while doing a search for Marilyn Manson + Illumanati, based on a quote on his new website that I saw the other day. If you are still there, I thought you might find this statement interesting, particulary if you have read about the beginnings of the Illumanati.

Here is the question and quote that I copied from the website: (italics are mine) From illfigure on 02/12/03:

"myself and many others ive spoken to would really like to know your thoughts and opinions on freemasonry and even though it seems like you're not a freemason, are you?"

Answered by MM on 02/13/03:

"That question requires a better understanding of what that group truly is, before I care to discuss my feelings. My genesis is deep in Bavaria. Things change, new names for old beliefs."

Twisted Sister sings, "Burn in Hell":

"Welcome to the abandoned land
COME ON IN CHILD, TAKE MY HAND
Here there's no work or play Only one bill to pay
There's just five words to say As you go down, down, down
YOU'RE GONNA BURN IN HELL!"

Bon Jovi sings in "Homebound Train":

"When I was just a boy
THE DEVIL TOOK MY HAND
Took me from my home
He made me a man . . .
I'm going DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN
On the homebound train."

In Smash Hits magazine, Bon Jovi says: " . . . I'd kill my mother for rock and roll. I WOULD SELL MY SOUL."

One of the most popular groups in rock history is Slayer. Slayer sing of themselves, as:

"Warriors from the gates of hell . . .
In lord Satan we trust."

Slayer's albums sell in the millions! And song after song · IS PRAISE TO SATAN! Their song "Hell Awaits" says:

"Jesus knows your soul cannot be saved
CRUCIFY THE SO CALLED LORD
He soon shall fall to me
Your souls are damned
Your God has fell to slave for me eternally Hell awaits."

The beginning of their song "Hell Awaits" contains an obvious backwards message. When played forward, nothing but garbled noise is heard, but when played backwards · you hear the real message · "JOIN US, JOIN US, JOIN US" · over and over!

The group Acheron, has an album titled, "The Rites of the Black Mass". On the album Peter Gilmore, of the Church of Satan, actually reads the rites of a Black Mass, as the group Acheron, in hellish growls, sings such lyrics as:

"Glory to thee almighty Satan . . .
We praise thee, we bless thee,
WE ADORE THEE . . .
THOU ART LORD, THOU ALONE, OH MIGHTY SATAN."

The group Manowar, sings in "The Bridge of Death":

"Dark Lord, I summon thee
Demanding the sacred right to burn in hell . . .
Take My lustful soul Drink my blood as I drink yours . . .
LUCIFER IS KING PRAISE SATAN!"

The group Morbid Angel, sings in "Vengeance in Mine":

"Mote it be Satan's sword I have become . . .
I burn with hate
TO RID THE WORLD OF THE NAZARENE!"

And to commit the ultimate blasphemy · they sing in the song "Blasphemy":

"Chant the blasphemy Mockery of the Messiah
WE CURSE THE HOLY GHOST . . .
Blaspheme the Ghost
BLASPHEMY OF THE HOLY GHOST."

Trey Azagthoh of Morbid Angel claims to be a REAL vampire, and while playing onstage · he actually bites himself and then drinks his own blood!

One of the top songs of the 70's was "Hotel California" by the Eagles. Most people have no idea the song refers to the Church of Satan, which happens to be located in a converted HOTEL on CALIFORNIA street! On the inside of the album cover, looking down on the festivities, is Anton LaVey, the founder of the Church of Satan and author of the Satanic Bible! People say, the Eagles aren't serious, they're just selling records. That's what you think! The Eagles manager, Larry Salter, admitted in the Waco Tribune-Herald, (Feb. 28, 1982) that the Eagles were involved with the Church of Satan! Not surprisingly, one of the Eagles's songs is titled "Have A Good Day in Hell."

The group Kiss leaped on stage as rock'n roll demons · puking blood, breathing fire and screaming · "God of rock'n roll, we'll steal your virgin soul." In their song "God of Thunder", they command young people to kneel before Satan:

"I'm lord of the wasteland, a modern day man of steel
I gather darkness to please me and I COMMAND YOU TO KNEEL
Before, The God of thunder, the god of rock'n roll
I'LL STEAL YOUR VIRGIN SOUL!"

One of the most popular groups in rock is AC/DC. In the song, "Hells Bells", they sing:

"I got my bell
I'm gonna take you to hell
I'm gonna get ya SATAN GET YA"

Their song "Highway to Hell" they sing:

"Ain't nothing I would rather do
GOIN' DOWN, PARTY TIME
My friends are gonna be there too . . .
Hey Satan, paid my dues . . .
I'm on the way to the promised land
I'm on the HIGHWAY TO HELL."

The group Suicidal Tendencies, whose songs glorify suicide and have been linked to teen suicides, reveal a frightening truth in the song "Possessed":

"I'M A PRISONER OF A DEMON . . .
It stays with me wherever I go
I can't break away from its hold
This must be my punishment FOR SELLING MY SOUL!"

Pink Floyd sings, in the song "Sheep",

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want . . .
With bright knives he RELEASETH MY SOUL
He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places . . .
For lo, he hath great power and GREAT HUNGER."

Their song, "Lucifer Sam", they sing: "LUCIFER Sam . . . Always sitting by your side Always by your side."

The song "Sympathy for the Devil" by the Rolling Stones, is the official anthem for the Church of Satan. In it, Lucifer speaks in the first person and asks sympathy for all who meet him. Lead singer, Mick Jagger claims that Anton LaVey, the founder of the Church of Satan and author of the Satanic Bible, help inspire their music! Their album titled, "Their Satanic Majesties Request", leaves no doubt to their allegiance!

The group Venom reveal the real reason for their music, as they sing:

"We're not here to entertain you . . .
I PREACH THE WAYS OF SATAN
Answer to his calls!"

In their song "Possessed", they sing:

"I am possessed by all that is evil
The death of your God, I demand . . .
AND SIT AT LORD SATAN'S LEFT HAND!"

What do you think this music is doing?

According to the book, Satanism in America, which is endorsed by the National Criminal Justice Task Force on Occult Related Ritualistic Crimes, hard-core Satanism is, "the fastest-growing subculture among America's TEENS."

Studies taken by the Georgia Police Academy revealed · 90% of those involved in satanism are TEENAGERS!

Television personality, Geraldo Rivera, who explored the terrifying rise of Satanism said, "It exists AND IT'S FLOURISHING. IT IS TEENAGERS who are most likely to fall under the spell of satanism."

How serious are they?

At the 1992 MTV Awards, the group Red Hot Chili Peppers, upon receiving their award and giving thanks, said:

"FIRST OF ALL we want to thank Satan . . ."

Whether of not we believe in a Biblical Hell, those musicians emit low vibrations of evil and destruction, which are forced upon our youth by the music industry. One does not have to be a genius to understand what effect this has on young people's minds and their way of seeing things. Music is VERY powerful, and used in a wrong way it can change a whole generation in a way that may have catastrophic consequences. With morals and ethics gone, what remains is anarchy and chaos - the desired state the Illuminati wants the world to be in before the take over. By making rebels out of our teenagers and have them go against their parents, the Illuminati is trying to dissolve the Family Unit, which is a very strong bond. As long as families stick together and the parents teach their children morals and ethics, the Elite will have a very hard time to control us. And they know it!

- Wes Penre

Check out this site too:

http://www.illuminati-news.com/art-and-mc/rock-music-and-666.htm (too many pictures to quote it here)

This one is extremely disturbing (though they all are):
In Smash Hits magazine, Bon Jovi says: " . . . I'd kill my mother for rock and roll. I WOULD SELL MY SOUL."

:mshock:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 01:37:21 AM by arcticmonster2003 »

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 01:36:12 AM »
It's quantum physics really.   The music affects the invisible atmosphere which also affects "our" atmosphere.  They've done tests with animals, plants, ice crystals . . .all of them say the same things or come to the same conclusions . . .there is an invisible affect that music initiates.

Out side of that .  . . how does it affect you spiritually?  Does it make you more righteous not to listen to it?

Personally, I never could stand it . . .never liked it . . .never liked beer or pot either . .probably just as well . .that would only have been yet another physical addiction I would have had to overcome.

I've always been a soft rocker . . .if there is such a thing.  I like Bread, Meatloaf . . SuperTramp . . .

Just remember guys, it's not what goes in you that defiles you . . it's what comes out.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 09:08:23 AM »
Whitewings, seeing how you were the one whom gave me the link which led to this page, I have a hard time seeing how you don't see the harm in metal.

Let's say I under the (false) impression it has no influence on me.
I also like to watch action movies.
I can say you I never in my life even touched a real gun. Let alone ran around like Terminator.

I know many of the lyrics. But does it mean they are satanits? I think it's just because they want to act cool.
Their fans..... well I think the vast majority are atheists.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 09:13:25 AM by WhiteWings »

arcticmonster2003

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 11:15:53 AM »
Well, Whitewings, I wouldn't put up much of a fight, that most (the masses) of their fans are atheists. In fact, from what I've seen, most people in america are atheists in their actual everyday beliefs and actions, nevermind whatever they profess belief in. However, we must not be unaware of the subtilty that is used by the enemy to "turn" people. The real problem for satan is that you can't make a true christian worship satan, thus subtilty is needed. Here are the basic levels, as I understand them, between a True disciple of Jesus Christ and a satan worshipper.

True christian - deist christian - atheist christian - atheist - atheist satanist - deist satanist - True satanist.

(forgive me if I have misused those terms a bit, you get the idea I hope)

As I understand it, it is between these basic levels that the enemy works on people through his subtilty, however, if you disagree then I understand. Just putting it out there.

I also (not believing in UR) think that part of their agenda is just to keep people from entering into the gate and way of life just long enough for the gate to close.

Luke 13:24  Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
25  When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

Another interesting thing, I cannot fathom how a believer could possibly listen to and dance to and be entertained by music or artists whom openly stamp 666 on their bodies, albums, and music. I can't wrap my head around a christian listening to this music, shaking their head and dancing in agreement, while the music they are listening to is talking about accepting the number of the beast. :mshock:

Anyway, I'll leave it alone. I understand we just don't agree. No sense in beating a dead horse.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 11:19:03 PM by arcticmonster2003 »

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 02:05:42 PM »
Hi AM,

I very well understand what you wrote.
Very likely I would have said the same if I was no metal fan.
I'm listening to metal for about 30 years.
My (start) Chistianity is only about a year 'old'
If Christianity came before metal I possibly never started to listen to it.
Not all bands stamp 666 on everything.
And not all '666' songs are pro-satan.
And most songs are not about satan at all. At least both the bands I'm listing too.
Some songs are actually very Christian. "Wasting love" for example about teh search for true love.
Or for example a protest song against (the Falkland) war. Or a song against all the Indians massacred in the US.
And yes; there most certainly are bands that are almost worse than satan himself.
Or whole albums of Sepultura with a heavy political load against government abuse of people (certain tribes) in their home country Brazil.

As a sidenote: (not accusing you of anything!)
Things are often pulled out of context to start some crusade.
- ALL metal is satanic. => Christian quote
- ALL churchleaders are pedophiles. => Atheist quote
- ALL negroes are lazy. => KKK quote
- ALL .... etc

None of the are correct. If you replace all by some/several/partly you are closer to reality.

We don't (fully) agree but that doesn't mean it's beating a dead horse.
If you want to stop the discussion  :thumbsup:
If you want to continue  :thumbsup:

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 06:37:14 PM »
Revelation 13:18
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Religion has turned this number into some world wide evil . . .all it is, is the number for man . . .it's carnality.  The mark is on the wrist or forehead . . .it's in your works and your thinking . . . if I had to write a list of top enemies of the flock of Christ . . .religion would be in the top three.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008, 07:06:33 PM »
Wow!
You actually wrote something I understood Nathan  :laughing7:

I'm sure Christianity can be a very beautiful thing as so many other things.
But throughout history there are always morons that take advantage of something.
If something is free and loved then it get commercialized until the fun is gone.
There is nothing wrong with being proud of your country. Until a moron like Hitler drives it to the extreme.
If it's religion there for sure are warmongers that force people into war.
Just watch the history of Europe. Because Jesus taught love... lets teach everyone love by starting numerous wars.
Same for Metal. I'm not saying AM is 100% wrong. But I'm saying there are once again hidden agendas to be pushed.
I would almost say the world would be better of without Christianity. But that would be shortsighted because for sure the warmongers find something to force their hidden agendas upon the masses.

About 666
Isn't 6 the number of man. 3 the number of God. And 666 the number of man that declared himself a God?

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 11:06:01 PM »
I haven't heard of that, but it wouldn't surprise me . . .makes sense and fits other patterns.

From what I understand . . .when a number is multiplied three times itself, it indicates the same as the number 7 . .it's the fullness of that particular number's meaning.  666 would then be carnality at it's worst, most mature, most ripe . . . again, it's just from what I understand, this is not to say it's in stone by any means.  I like your take on it as well though.

arcticmonster2003

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 11:58:43 PM »
Good ideas on the number of the beast, however.....unless you KNOW, and I mean really know what exactly it is, it would be best (in my humble opinion) to stay completely away from swarms of people whom are in a type of open rebellion to God and the music involved with that rebellion. Anything less, in my opinion, is like jumping off a cliff, cause you THINK the water is deep down there. On some things, I feel it is just better to err on the side of caution. However, please don't think I'm merely being legalistic, I know that no person shall be justified by their works, make no mistake, if we were judged righteously by our works, we would all be in deep trouble, anyone whom doesn't have the blood of Jesus Christ on the door when the angel of death passes over is in deep trouble. However, the fact that our works don't justify us does not prevent us from doing good things, nor does it prevent me from abhorring satanic music. The balance to our lives as disciples of Jesus Christ that exists can not easily be put into words, in fact, if it is best put into words, those words are in the scriptures. The biggest thing, of course, for those whom have accepted Jesus Christ as savior, is not to be in bondage to anything of this world, but to be bond-servants of Jesus Christ, because some know that while in the bonds of this world, a person cannot even see the truth, else immediately they are convicted harshly by their conscience to make an immediate change. We all find however, that as we draw closer to God we begin to see the world as it is, that it is in complete rebellion to God and drawing close to loving satan, whom shall promise peace for all. Sometimes it is not always appropriate to talk about these things, but in this case I felt it was. I do believe the time is drawing short for people to choose, I do believe the seperation between the light and the darkness is going to become more clear and those whom seek after Jesus Christ and well-doing shall increase in their way, and those whom seek after wickedness shall become ever more wicked, I do believe that those, whom haven't made a decision yet when the gate closes have made their decision, just in a different way, and shall then realize that their only hope lies in satan and his grand delusion that he shall still reign over God, I do believe that satan thinks he shall win, he is father of the deluded mainly because he is the most deluded himself. The scriptures clearly state that the final times before the return of Jesus Christ shall be the darkest of all. I liken it to the sky, though the last times shall be the darkest, yet at that time, the light that is about to disappear beyond the horizon shall be more clearly seen, more clearly seperated from the darkness. Just some thoughts.

God Bless.

1 John 5:19  And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

James offers good counsel here, but if it is offensive to you, then examine yourselves, whether or not you are in the bonds of some sin or thing of this world:

James 1:21  Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 04:56:51 AM by arcticmonster2003 »

Shadow

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2009, 09:14:59 PM »
Are you guys serious? I mean really. Here is a good testimony on rock music (including heavy metal and "Jesus Rock".)
Its high time for Jesus Christ's disciples to be real disciples and lose their love for this world. Lets pray.

Since identifying as an agnostic theist, I can't for the life of me understand why christians like articmonster 2003 should have a problem with rock music,  after all they basically believe the same thing anyway, that the devil and mankind have more power than God, when it comes to winning the souls of mankind  :2c:

I also like the same music as WW, it's nice rediscovering those bands I once thought were so evil :grin:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 09:18:22 PM by Shadow »

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2009, 12:37:03 AM »
                                               Sex, Drugs, Rock-n-Roll = Wine, women and Song.

Nothing is new under the sun.

All is vanity — all is vanity,

silly children

Shadow

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2009, 12:54:04 AM »
And your point is???????, if you've got something derogatory to say, then come out and tell it like it is, instead of hiding behind innuendo's and sarcasm, whether it's directed at me or anyone else

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2009, 01:04:51 AM »
No innuendo, it's plain.
Nothing derogatory, if it offends you, it's judgment.
Yours, not mine.
Self-righteous judgment says; Look what they do.
Righteous judgment says; I will not do that.

SPOKENFOR

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2009, 02:20:13 AM »
I think the book of Revelation is both Spiritual and Literal. It depends on what part of it you are reading.

SPOKENFOR

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2009, 02:37:51 AM »
OOPS, I think I posted this in the wrong thread..lol! SORRY........How did I do that....that is weird.. :mshock:

martincisneros

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2009, 08:00:56 AM »
                                               Sex, Drugs, Rock-n-Roll = Wine, women and Song.

Nothing is new under the sun.

All is vanity — all is vanity,

silly children

Christ has redeemed all from vanity once and for all and we have life and that more abundantly and we march to the beat of a different drummer and guitarist than the traditionalists and we praise and magnify the God of heaven and earth Who alone doeth great wonders for His mercy endureth forever and we rejoice with the stringed instruments, for His mercy endureth forever -- and nothing shall ever separate either us or His music from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord!!

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2009, 08:04:13 AM »
Spoken for,
Above each message you posted you see a little red cross. Click it if you want to delete your message.

Shadow,
Parrots like to talk, even if they have no clue what it's about.