Author Topic: Alternative gospels/canon  (Read 524 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Alternative gospels/canon
« on: December 21, 2010, 12:48:51 PM »
The blue part made me think of someone on this forum that often states that opinion :winkgrin:

In the early days there were many Gospels/books. The Catholic Church decided that only the ones Paul refered to and/or were in use at the places he passed during his journey should be added to the official canon.

His original disciples that became his apostles had different gospels that were not canonized by the Catholic Church. Many of these gospels were found in Nag Hammadi Egypt in modern times. The manuscripts of the gospels of Thomas, Mary, and Phillip are much older than the oldest existing manuscripts of the biblical gospels. These gospels tell a different story than the ones in the Bible, they ask the follower to look with in for heaven and that hell is created from your own thoughts, these are not physical places they are with in the mind. The human spirit is clothed with a physical body but it is not this body you are a spirit. This book tries to show the reader through the evidence that the original Jesus Christ was enlightened and his ministry was to enlighten his followers in the here and now. He was a man, not God incarnated. This myth was built up over the 300 years after his death when his words and life were mixed together with the pagan world's religions.

BTW the Paul is (still) seen as a fraud by some churches.
For those interested in the additional Gospels. Fragments of it.
Gospel of Mary
Gospel of Thomas by diffrent translatiors: #1, #2, #3, Interlinear
Gospel of Phillip
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Molly

• Gold
Re: Alternative gospels/canon
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 03:22:25 PM »
The human spirit is clothed with a physical body but it is not this body you are a spirit.

This book tries to show the reader through the evidence that the original Jesus Christ was enlightened and his ministry was to enlighten his followers in the here and now. He was a man, not God incarnated.

We are spirits but Jesus is just an enlightened man? haha

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 04:41:40 PM »
 :cloud9: Yeah, I was in agreement according to what He's shown me, right up to that point. I think the first part is the life/wheat portion they received, the latter part is the tare that got raised up with the wheat.  :2c:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 09:28:49 PM »
These people who claim Jesus was just a man can be pretty convincing, by taking a few scriptures here and there and denying the mysteries of God by appealing to commons sense. In these days the antichrist spirit is quite strong and according to Jesus many false christ will appear even deceiving the elect but the end is not yet.

In history there are very few antichrists one could mention, so it will be that in future many false christs will appear and do false miracles. I think I may have stumbled across these philosophies and due to the pleaseant message I would not be suprised if this is the movement that Jesus prophecied/warned against.

when one look at end time preachers there are two messages it seems

1. Antichrist is a political man who conquers ( Reality =The abomination of desolation)
2. Antichrist is a man pretending to be Jesus Christ (Reality = False christs and apostles, possibly the false prophet with 2 horns like a lamb)

The teachers I think tend to confuse the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel the prophet with the false christs who do miracles that Jesus warned against. Only one is the man of sin, the beast 666, the other is the spirit of antichrist that was active in Johns days, when he said that "it" the spirit of antichrist has already come.

After much study I think we are entering the days, when Jesus said many false christs shall appear and deceive many, but the end is not yet.

When one looks at 2012 and natural disasters, I think that these events will cause a spiritual hunger, and God will do mighty miracles, the book of Daniel says the people of God will do exploits in the end. Also the latter days are greater than the former.

The enemy will possibly counterfeit this movement by raising up false christs and apostles who draw men after themselves, rather than point to the Son of God, these seeds of antichrist are already in the earth, every major religion on the planet I know of denies Jesus as God and says he is nothing more than a good man or a master teacher. Books such as Dan Brown and the uncovering of the lost gospels are further weapons that satans uses to confuse and twist church teachings in these last days so that the church itself, is now lining up with these other religions in the dance of false christs and wonders.

These are exciting and anxious days we live in. I hope my words will be of comfort to some as they have been to me, as often it is difficult to know how long we have left, but this scripture which says false christs shall arise, but the end is not yet, gives me hope that there is more time left, because in general false christs have not really appeared in multitudes yet, so when they do, we know that the end is not yet.
 :2c:

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 09:48:20 PM »
These people who claim Jesus was just a man can be pretty convincing, by taking a few scriptures here and there and denying the mysteries of God by appealing to commons sense. In these days the antichrist spirit is quite strong and according to Jesus many false christ will appear even deceiving the elect but the end is not yet.
But that's not what my quote claims....
I claims all humans are spirts clothed with a body. The man Jesus was a human too. So also Jesus, according to the quote, was a spirit clothed with a body.
But as an extra the quote mentions Jesus was enlighted. I think by the HS that decended upon Him at baptism. So the quote states that Jesus was more than just a human.
Perhaps you mean that the quote denies that Jesus was God in the flesh. That's true. The quote was from the early days of Christianity. The first mentioning of Jesus is God in the flesh (or trinity) was from after Constantine.
That of course doesn't 100% proves noone held that view because lots of ancient writings are lost.
/EDIT enlighted even leaves room for Jesus being God in the flesh because Jesus could have been enlighted from birth.

I snipped the rest of your post because I think you used it as proof the quote is used to draw away people from Jesus. And that's not how I read it.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 10:11:49 PM »
But that's not what my quote claims....
I claims all humans are spirts clothed with a body. The man Jesus was a human too. So also Jesus, according to the quote, was a spirit clothed with a body.
But as an extra the quote mentions Jesus was enlighted. I think by the HS that decended upon Him at baptism. So the quote states that Jesus was more than just a human.
Perhaps you mean that the quote denies that Jesus was God in the flesh. That's true. The quote was from the early days of Christianity. The first mentioning of Jesus is God in the flesh (or trinity) was from after Constantine.
That of course doesn't 100% proves noone held that view because lots of ancient writings are lost.
/EDIT enlighted even leaves room for Jesus being God in the flesh because Jesus could have been enlighted from birth.

I snipped the rest of your post because I think you used it as proof the quote is used to draw away people from Jesus. And that's not how I read it.

See I told you the antichrist spirit was strong in these days   :winkgrin:  Not to worry, my post is mainly a warning that if one does not have a strong idea of the scripures that Jesus is God in the flesh, then one is open to ideas, that begin the path of denial, ie. Jesus is a spirit man in the flesh. This is how the enemy works, the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field. The scriptures says he that denieth the son denieth the father that sent him, also says no man cometh to the father except through me. So by relegating Jesus to a man the enemy can begin the seperation between oneself and God.

ps
I have read the book of Mary and there is nothing in there about Jesus being just a man, he is called saviour and Son of man. The capital S is used which means the book does give Jesus the divine position of being the only begotten Son of God. Father like Son, which of the angels has he said today thou art my son? At the name of Jesus every knee shall bow that Jesus christ is lord to the glory of the father, for the father has given all things into his hands
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 12:42:58 AM by thinktank »

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 10:40:31 PM »
The first mentioning of Jesus is God in the flesh (or trinity) was from after Constantine.

"...they shall call his name EMMANUEL, which being interpreted is, GOD WITH US."

--MATTHEW 1:23

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 11:04:12 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpgaWm2pnNs

"I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour." Isaiah 43:11

...our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. II Peter 3:18

To the only wise God our Saviour... Jude 1:12

...God and our Saviour Jesus Christ. II Peter 1:1

To the only wise God our Saviour... Jude 1:12

...the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour. Titus 1:4

...we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour. I Timothy 4:10

...God my Saviour. Luke 1:47

...a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11

...the Christ, the Saviour of the world. John 4:42

Neither is there salvation in any other (than Jesus): for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
--Acts 4:12

Online jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 12:08:13 AM »
"I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour." Isaiah 43:11

...our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. II Peter 3:18

Neither is there salvation in any other (than Jesus): for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
--Acts 4:12

Amen.
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23