Author Topic: magic in my stories  (Read 1031 times)

Andromeda_Organa

magic in my stories
« on: June 29, 2009, 08:00:36 PM »
I h ave magic in my stories similar to the kind in video games, and my characters are Christian. Am I not really a Christian- do I have an anti-Christ spirit?

Paul Hazelwood

Re: magic in my stories
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 08:16:21 PM »
I h ave magic in my stories similar to the kind in video games, and my characters are Christian. Am I not really a Christian- do I have an anti-Christ spirit?

Video games are fun and entertaining,  enjoy them.

martincisneros

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 09:51:00 PM »
In the fiction department, you're my favorite author besides George MacDonald, since I seldom read any fiction any more but have read some of the best in my life time.  You've got a real gift there that steam rolls over Thomas Hardy, H. G. Wells, and quite a few of the other classic authors!  Let me know when your book on Eva Peron comes out, k? 

overcomers % martincisneros.com

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 06:56:14 AM »
Unless you have met the Christ, the answer is yes.
For you; and all men.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 07:35:39 AM by Beloved Servant »

Andromeda_Organa

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 03:23:24 PM »
Unless you have met the Christ, the answer is yes.
For you; and all men.
I'm saved- can you explain that please?

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 05:03:09 AM »
The Father does not work magic, He works in faith, hope and love.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 03:02:10 PM »

Write your stories and enjoy.  Some people can see Christ in all kinds of different ways, do not let people bring you down.

aspiring son

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 11:15:10 PM »
Are your stories available online Andromeda?

Andromeda_Organa

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 01:49:33 AM »
Are your stories available online Andromeda?
no, it's kind of like fanfic, but I can e-mail them to you.

martincisneros

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 02:03:50 AM »
The Father works magic in "Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe".

Andromeda_Organa

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 02:49:08 AM »
The Father works magic in "Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe".

well I found this.

http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/08/caspian-4.htm

and I found this quote too
The God of the Bible has a far lower view of the human imagination than does Tolkien, and He certainly does not take credit for its mythical speculations. Instead, He warns us repeatedly that "the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth." [Genesis 8:21, NKJ] While Tolkien seems to view Christianity and oneness with Christ from a universal perspective, God tells us that only those who are "born of the Spirit" can understand His truths and receive His thoughts. And even this select group is easily tempted to imagine or "invent" unholy myths and images. 

hose who trust their imagination more than God will neither see God's greatness nor tolerate those who follow Him. That's why Jesus continues to warn His disciples,

"If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.... If they persecuted Me they will persecute you... for they do not know the One who sent Me." John 15:19-21

So is my imagination a sin?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 02:52:48 AM by Andromeda_Organa »

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 04:42:00 AM »

Absolutely.
LOVE Narnia!

Imagination is a BEAUTIFUL God-given gift!

Look all around you!
Look up "blobfish"

God has the best imagination of all!!

We are made in His image and He created us with imaginations!

It is a wonderful thing and definitely something to praise God about!

As long as your imagination is not being used to degrade love or to harm...
"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 06:47:18 AM »
So is my imagination a sin?

Your imagination has nothing to do with the hebrew intent of the word translated to imagination.

"yetser"   or Form.   The form of our heart is evil sounds really harsh, the reason the old testament seems so harsh is that the language is very descriptive in order to capture attention.

Well it works, but we have to filter all of that through GODS LOVE.   So what does a harsh sounding term mean when filtered through Gods love.

It simply means that we do not measure up to Gods greatness RIGHT NOW.

Your imagination is totally separate from that.   You use your imagination to write stories to reflect a greatness of God right?   Well, if we can use our imagination to reflect deeply on God then how can it be a sin?

IT CAN'T    :icon_flower: :icon_flower:

So the final answer to the million dollar question is NO and God is your lifeline so you've WON.    :happygrin:

Roy Monis

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 06:54:05 PM »
I'm saved- can you explain that please?

Dear brother Andromeda_Organa

IMO....When our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ died on the cross and conquered death by rising again on the third day He aacomplished His Father's commission satisfactorily by saving ALL MANKIND from Adam to all generations yet to come from the penalty of death imposed on man in the garden of Eden; "So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men. For as through the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous." (Rom.5:18-19). Those Born Again and saved through belief in our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ now are the first fruits, but eventually all mankind will come to know Him and accept Him as LORD; "I have sworn by Myself, the word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness and will not turn back, that to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance. "They will say of Me, 'Only in the Lord are righteousness and strength.' Men will come to Him, and all who were angry at Him will be put to shame." (Isa.45:23-24).

Love is of God……. Love is God……. This comes to all in love
Roy    (UK)