LoveWins Writing Contest:
As much of the Western world is running around stores trying to find a few more items to stick under an evergreen tree in hopes of making someone happy, I had a thought that I've turned into a contest. Those of you who are receiving this first newsletter, probably believe in universal salvation through Jesus Christ. I recently needed a good simple definition of universalism from a biblical point of view. I thought it might be interesting to get people thinking about what universalism is to them and how it has affected their lives. So I decided to make a contest. Whoever writes the best one paragraph definition of Biblical Universalism and one paragraph of what it means to them will win a copy of E.W. Bullinger's "Figures of Speech Used in the Bible," a fifty dollar value. This book makes it plain that to read and try to understand the Bible literally means to destroy the actual meaning.
We get many emails from around the world from people tormented by the teaching of a hell of everlasting punishment. The teaching of Hell has driven many people insane and to the point of suicide. Here is one that came in this week: "A few years ago I read Hebrews 6:4-6, 10:26-31 and became convinced I had irrevocably lost my salvation. It was an awful (and still lingering) torment which made me feel terror difficult to describe." Tentmaker.org and What the Hell is Hell sites have been a haven of peace for many of these tormented souls. In the coming year we hope to launch a brand new site enlarging our vision of reaching the world with the truly Victorious Gospel of Jesus Christ. Stay tuned.
Deadline for entry for the contest is January 7, 2011. Remember one paragraph definition of Universalism (Biblical or Christian) and one paragraph describing what this teaching means in your life. Send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mark "Contest Entry" in the subject line.
A few comments sent to Tentmaker Ministries:
*a blessing bro. to have been brought into the light of His plans for all of mankind and the revelation of just what His love is really like.
* I am a 19 year old college freshmen from Arkansas. Over the last year of my life I have been undergoing a huge battle of faith almost identical to the one you talk about in your YouTube videos. I was tormented by the idea that God was going to send most of mankind to an everlasting fire. I came within inches of renouncing my faith in the Lord. But then, I came across a website that talked about aion meaning age, and it mentioned a philosophy called Universalism. From there, I discovered the Tentmaker site. And everything changed! I learned about verses that call Christ the Savior of ALL mankind, that say ALL shall be made alive, that say death will be destroyed. Our God is a truly amazing God, and your ministry service made me see it! I thank God for you and your testimony!
* Now i am learning. I have been combing through the scriptures for over 15 years but i understood NOTHING! I thank the LORD for leading me to this web. I am learning and my spiritual eyes are being opened.
* Thank you, you have given me relief. I have been studying your website today and most of the night. I was very close to taking my own life because of guilt. I can see better now. This was holding me down and I could not free myself from the thoughts of all of my relatives who never really knew Christ and that they would be tormented for ever while I somehow got away from Hell because I came to America and learned of the Love that God has for us. Now I can rest easy this night knowing that if I die this night and through natural causes that I will see my loved ones again. I also feared hell as a literal place, but was willing to die and go there knowing that God had sent most if not all of the people that I love and hold near my heart. I Love God and want to do good in his eyes and I want him to love me and I am sure that he wants to do good to me and not evil to me. Thank You for having this website and showing me the error of my ways. Thanks be to God that he has opened your eyes and you have done the same for me.
* Your site has helped me immensely and my fear of hell, as preached during my time at an Independent Fundamentalist Baptist church, has left me entirely. Thank you for your valuable service to humankind. Without this website I might still be living in fear.
* Thank you...from the bottom of my heart. And I thank God Almighty for His teachings through you. Though still overwhelmingly encompassed by the "burn 'em forever" masses, this revelation of God's universal reconciliation has been like a massive rainbow landing dab in the center of a prison cell. It is how we spell r-e-l-i-e-f and r-e-s-t and p-e-a-c-e and j-o-y!...
May the Lord Jesus Christ give you many opportunities in the coming year to spread the kingdom of God and all its righteousness throughout your neighborhood and beyond. Remember, you are the salt of the earth, a city on a hill. He really does want you to shine. He wants to show His glory through you. We want to thank all of you who have helped us financially and through prayers to keep us reaching more people around the world with the truly Good News that brings joy to all people. We desire to reach many more people in the coming year. We have many worthwhile projects planned to set more prisoners free. It is through your support that we are able to do these things. So we thank God for you!
May the love, joy and peace of God, our Father and His Son, Jesus Christ be upon you all, and may we all be more and more conscious of His Holy Spirit within us,
Gary and Michelle Amirault
Great gifts to help others get set free:http://www.tentmaker.org/store
What is Hell?http://what-the-hell-is-hell.com
Help us spread the joy (We really could use your help right now.)http://tentmaker.org/paypal.html
Tentmaker Minstries, 118 Walnut, Hermann, Missouri 65041, United States