Author Topic: John 3:16  (Read 900 times)

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
John 3:16
« on: November 28, 2012, 08:21:27 PM »
Probably the most famous verse in all of the Bible. Maybe pagans can't quote the verse but they sure know the phrase "John 3:16. The ETV translation (below) is imaginary but this has to be how an ET person reads these verses:

This is from the yet unreleased ETV (Eternal Torture Version) of the bible.

" For God so loved about 5% of the world, that he gave his only begotten son, so that when these believe before they die, they shall have everlasting life - too bad for the rest of you."
John3:17 reads - "For God sent his Son into the world to condemn the world, but save about 5% through His death on the cross."
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
Re: John 3:16
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 10:41:07 PM »
 :iagree:

But tell me, Jeff, has your sense of humor ever gotten you into trouble?  I know mine has... :footmouth:
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 10:48:41 PM »
Ha-ha  all the time Laz It is one my greater faults as a christian
because I often take it too far. I even lost a job once over it saying
something sarcastic to my supervisors supervisor.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 11:09:51 PM »
Ha-ha  all the time Laz It is one my greater faults as a christian
because I often take it too far. I even lost a job once over it saying
something sarcastic to my supervisors supervisor.

:doh:  Oh, no, that never happened to me, losing a job I mean, only almost... :laughing7:
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 11:28:46 PM »
He asked me which of 2 ways I thought would be better. I suggested one and gave him multiple reasons why one was better and 2 was actually losing money. He then said he decided to go with 2. I said, I just explained to you in detail why one is better. Why do you want 2? He said he liked the placement better. I said, "Oh well, I forgot this was a business that doesn't need to make a profit.

I realized that this incompetent was higher up the corporate ladder because he could keep his mouth shut when a "superior" said something stupid.

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 01:08:16 AM »
He asked me which of 2 ways I thought would be better. I suggested one and gave him multiple reasons why one was better and 2 was actually losing money. He then said he decided to go with 2. I said, I just explained to you in detail why one is better. Why do you want 2? He said he liked the placement better. I said, "Oh well, I forgot this was a business that doesn't need to make a profit.

I realized that this incompetent was higher up the corporate ladder because he could keep his mouth shut when a "superior" said something stupid.

It sounds like a Dilbert comic...

Offline Deena

• Est
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 01:04:58 PM »
Ded: love the ETV parody! Some things are best brought to light with sarcasm. It made me think of Jonathan Swift's "Modest Proposal".

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 03:30:10 PM »
Laz- I've personally lived many dilbert strips as have many that are or have been in the corporate world. It's probably why his strip is so popular.

Deena - thank you! I'll check out "Modest Proposal" by "Gullivers Travels" author.