Author Topic: is it just me  (Read 1710 times)

Kept

is it just me
« on: November 21, 2007, 02:52:32 AM »
Is it just me or do you get lost around here and cant find posts? I swear I spend so much time trying to remember where certain things are or were and often cant find them lol

Im a mess

kept

Offline hopeful

• Bronze
  • He was there!
    • To Know Him More
Re: is it just me
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 02:55:40 AM »
Thanks for sharing that with us, Kept!   :ghaha:
You're welcome to visit http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 03:04:57 AM »
 :cloud9: NO, it's not just you.........I'm doing the same thing.......
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Kept

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 03:08:11 AM »
Hey I found you two here  :bgdance:  :laughing7:

kept

Offline hopeful

• Bronze
  • He was there!
    • To Know Him More
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 03:14:09 AM »
Ha!  Okay, you were asking a question!  Ha!  I read it wrong!   :mblush:

Um... Well no, I don't get lost here   :mblush: but I don't often try to find things either.  I did try to find something for Byron this morning but that seems like a loooong time ago!

Offline hopeful

• Bronze
  • He was there!
    • To Know Him More
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 04:34:48 AM »
Hey, Kept, do you remember who said what you're looking for?  That helped me before.  Then you can just look through their posts till you see the title, etc.

Offline 97531

• Restricted
  • Truth is Freedom
    • Father's Love Forum
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 06:08:29 AM »
Hi All

The boards are very busy of late.  As you all know I and Taffy spend much time here and even I when waking in the morning have many unread topics.  This morning 2 pages.

Just a tip.  I find sometimes when you click unread and do not look at all threads the subsequent list gets shorter.  There is an option View All Unread Topics and then that brings back a much longer list. 

There is not much moving taking place and we remove redirect threads after 24 hours.

Average registrations per day: 2.47
Average posts per day: 114.41
Average topics per day: 10.31
Average online per day: 16.03
Average page views per day: 3071.54

There you have it, the boards are busy, post wise, and views.

If you missed it, when looking at unread topics, the button is not just an indicator, if you click on it, it will take you to the last unread post in that thread.

Blessings
My Blog       Father's Love Forum - New
IHWLAMAHOB
Christian Milkshake: Pressed down, shaken together and more than we can hope for

Loveroftruth

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 02:18:37 AM »
Is it just me or do you get lost around here and cant find posts? I swear I spend so much time trying to remember where certain things are or were and often cant find them lol

Im a mess

kept

I agree, this forum format is not the most user friendly. Once you lose a thread it seems to get raptured or something  :mlaugh: :mlaugh: :mlaugh:

Offline hopeful

• Bronze
  • He was there!
    • To Know Him More
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2007, 02:31:38 AM »
If you missed it, when looking at unread topics, the button is not just an indicator, if you click on it, it will take you to the last unread post in that thread.

Blessings

This is such a handy tip.  Saves a lot of clicking and scrolling.

Offline 97531

• Restricted
  • Truth is Freedom
    • Father's Love Forum
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2007, 07:09:33 AM »
Hi Holly

I am surprised you did not know that. When I found out I posted a sticky in the Welcome board,  sometimes the stickie I post have good tips, but that one I see only had 3 reads, guess I should put it in FAQ.

Blessings
IHWLAMAHOB
Christian Milkshake: Pressed down, shaken together and more than we can hope for

JM

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2007, 07:32:11 AM »
You need FORUM GPS :)

Loveroftruth

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2007, 12:15:12 PM »

:mlaugh: :mlaugh: :mlaugh: :mlaugh: :mlaugh:

Good one JM  :thumbsup:

Offline hopeful

• Bronze
  • He was there!
    • To Know Him More
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2007, 12:32:39 PM »
Hi Holly

I am surprised you did not know that.

:Sparkletooth:  Um... well... I did know that because I did read your stickie!
I was just showing my extreme appreciation for it by mentioning it.   :Sparkletooth:  Just feeling talkative I guess.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2007, 03:20:02 PM »

:mrflo: :rolllol::laughing7: I do for sure.........
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2007, 03:25:22 PM »
Hey Guys..

Really makes no difference for mine....I struggle on every board :laughing7:

Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2007, 03:29:48 PM »
 :laughing7: :grin: Taffy, I just love your pix additions, LOL.........

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2007, 03:35:31 PM »
:laughing7: :grin: Taffy, I just love your pix additions, LOL.........
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Redlettervoice

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2007, 03:39:18 PM »
Hey Guys..

Really makes no difference for mine....I struggle on every board :laughing7:

I told yall one time that "on HERE" I have to go "backwards."  The last page is always NUMBER
ONE!! If the thread has twenty pages, the First Page will be Number twenty!  Now, how's "that"
for getting lost.  Yes miss a lot, don't have "time" for it all anyway!  Just scavenging around
but I did want to at least "speak" to:

Fireinfolding!

I "see" YOU!!!!!!!!!

Wave!!

Love, C.

If "she's" like me, she may not "see" this hello.

I am always in the natural in real life not "hearing" WHERE "sounds" are coming from, and
I think "Oh, my, someone's gonna speak to me, and I can't find them."  And then "they'll
think I just didn't speak!" 

Yes, as someone said elsewhere, and I read it this morning, I am amazed at the resilence
of the human "spirit!"  Are you not "glad" for the ONE "HE" gave you?

Hallelujah! Abraham "believed" God when there was NO WAY He could put trust in any other
than God...................its sorta akin to so many things, isn't it? ha
So I figure, where ever I am supposed to "be" there the wind will blow me.

No "struggle" in that ...........TAFFY!

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2007, 03:42:21 PM »
 :cloud9: Awww thanks.......I LOVE flowers.......my flower gardens are my quiet time with Lord sometimes. That's why I hate winter; I have to watch what I worked on for 7 months die. I can't imagine how God must feel......

Offline Reverend G

• Est
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2007, 04:24:36 PM »
I figured it was just me!  I know my XL forum (not mine, I visit it) is easier to navigate, and there I can subscribe to threads I find interesting without having to post to make it easier to find next time.  They use a "user CP" that helps alot.  Gotta say though, that the need to search for things has an end in itself, you end up finding a lot more topics of interest.  Oh, and before ya run to see what XL forum is, it's about harley sportster motorcycles.

Kept

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2007, 05:37:06 PM »
I told yall one time that "on HERE" I have to go "backwards."  The last page is always NUMBER
ONE!! If the thread has twenty pages, the First Page will be Number twenty!  Now, how's "that"
for getting lost.  Yes miss a lot, don't have "time" for it all anyway!  Just scavenging around
but I did want to at least "speak" to:

Taffy that happened to me and its a setting on your account page that you can change and it will go back to normal

its this one

look and layout preferences
Show most recent posts at the top. (be sure this is NOT checked)

I had that happen and it bout drove me nuts

so you will find this for sure I will pm it to you as well but place it here for anyone else that is having the same problem

kept
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 06:03:24 PM by Kept »

Offline hopeful

• Bronze
  • He was there!
    • To Know Him More
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2007, 05:42:24 PM »
:cloud9: Awww thanks.......I LOVE flowers.......my flower gardens are my quiet time with Lord sometimes. That's why I hate winter; I have to watch what I worked on for 7 months die. I can't imagine how God must feel......

Same here, Card!  In some houses I can bring most of my flowers inside for the winter but this house doesn't get enough light so only a few Impatiens get to spend the winter in here.  Once all the flowers die, I'm like, now what?!   :dontknow:

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2007, 06:00:36 PM »
 :cloud9: Me too.......then in a month or 2 the spring nursery books start to arrive and I revive, salivating to get my hands in the dirt again and planning a new project for that summer :thumbsup:. I told my husband by the time we get to retire, there will be maybe 100 square feet of grass left for him to mow, LOL......but 3 1/2 acres of flowers to weed.  :mshock: His enthusiasm for that prospect is....ahem....somewhat understated :winkgrin:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 06:03:23 PM by Cardinal »

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2007, 06:04:58 PM »
Thanks Red..for sure NO Struggl;e there sis.. :icon_flower:

and Kept..me must have a Look at that to sisi.TY :icon_flower: :icon_flower:hey Card..mes got loads of Flowers.. :icon_flower:

Offline 97531

• Restricted
  • Truth is Freedom
    • Father's Love Forum
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2007, 06:46:34 PM »
...there I can subscribe to threads I find interesting without having to post to make it easier to find next time.  They use a "user CP" that helps alot.  Gotta say though, that the need to search for things has an end in itself, you end up finding a lot more topics of interest. 

You can do that here too at the bottom is a notify button that will send you an email.

I think user CP is the same as view profile and then view posts here.  It kicks in after 15 posts.

Actually the most frustrating thing of smf is the lack of a WYSIWYG editor, they say that is in the next release.

You can minimise boards that do not interest you but you will still see the topics on them in the recent or unread topics.

IHWLAMAHOB