Author Topic: I wish I was a slug  (Read 1225 times)

GodIsLove

I wish I was a slug
« on: December 03, 2012, 07:29:43 AM »
Hi, the next time you run into a conversation with a strong Calvinist you should bring up that being born a bug or an ant would be better of being born a human being.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
Re: I wish I was a slug
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 04:32:15 PM »
Jesus said, "It would be better for that man(Judas singled out) that he had not been born at all" I wonder how that fits in. I would think that if eternal torture were true, it would be better for 95% of the population to have never been born.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 08:45:06 PM »
Hi, the next time you run into a conversation with a strong Calvinist you should bring up that being born a bug or an ant would be better of being born a human being.

Yea, especially a human being predestined by God to burn forever _ "I WANNA BE A BUG, PLEASE GOD, LET ME GO AS A BUG"
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Online Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 12:01:19 AM »
I recall that someone once wrote, commenting on the relative numbers of living things, that "God seems to have an inordinate fondness for beetles."
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 12:33:25 AM »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

...actually...Iv'e been feelin a little 'sluggish' today...... :laughing7: :laughing7:

Offline VineBranch

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 08:49:31 AM »
I recall that someone once wrote, commenting on the relative numbers of living things, that "God seems to have an inordinate fondness for beetles."

Although it seems to have a few contenders J.B.S. Haldane is usually given credit for that quote (it is often cited as "God has an inordinate fondness for stars and beetles").

Offline VineBranch

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 08:56:14 AM »
You make a good point GiL.

How come God loves me enough to count the hairs on my head  "But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.  Luke 12: 6 and 7 KJV but some slug which is not even mentioned in the Bible get's to wander through life with impunity, and sparrows worth less than me can just fly through life unaware that ET is just around the corner?  How fair is that? 

Online Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 03:21:36 AM »
VB, remember that after God made everything that is, He pronounced it Very Good.  We've kinda messed things up, but God will soon restore the Creation to Very Good, mk II.
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline VineBranch

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 05:37:09 AM »
VB, remember that after God made everything that is, He pronounced it Very Good.  We've kinda messed things up, but God will soon restore the Creation to Very Good, mk II.

That's exquisite Very Good 2.0. :laugh:

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 01:27:51 PM »
I can't believe I once believed it would be restored to "very good" while friends and family members were being tortured for all eternity... but that's what got me started toward UR

If all sin is eventually removed, how could there be eternal concious torment? Wouldn't those being tortured curse God in word or thought at least, since they would be concious?
I mean if you're already going to be tortured for all eternity, how can God tack on a few more years as additional penalty if you curse him?
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline Lonely Summer

• Full
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 10:35:50 PM »
I often wish I were a slug or a bug. Even hear in UR-land, I still read so much about how fallen we all are, how evil and lost we are..... I know there is hope, but it is hard to hold on to.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 11:00:17 PM »
The nice thing, the great thing, the wonderful thing...

"Jesus found us, he is the lifter of our head, he picks us up, puts us(the lost lambs)
on his shoulders, and carries us home." - Jeff Smith