Author Topic: I did something stupid....  (Read 580 times)

Andromeda_Organa

I did something stupid....
« on: January 23, 2009, 04:17:23 AM »
Today I was feeling suicidally depressed, and because I wasn't thinking straight, I went to a fortune teller. I'm feeling really bad because of it. I've confessed my sins to God, but I feel like God will take away things he's planned for me because of it. (Sorry, I know I have a messed up view of God.)

I didn't think his reading was accurate though- he got some things about me right- just like a fortune cookie. What can I do besides confess my sins?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 04:21:22 AM by Andromeda_Organa »

Offline Nancy

• Snr
God loves you!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 07:58:21 PM »
Hi there honey,
Please please don't beat yourself up! And don't be afraid! God loves you no matter what you do.  Have you read Conversations with God? If you can dare to believe that God is really like that He will be. You are His child and a good Father would not beat His child up for doing something that he did in a moment of madness.
God is love, God is love, God is love, shall i keep on saying it.
Believe little one, that God is love. You haven't done anything wrong and don't believe it when people say that all that fortune telling comes from the devil. The only devil is the devil of wrong thought about God.
Be in peace
Godbless
Nancy

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: I did something stupid....
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 08:18:50 PM »
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  I John 1:9. 

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 06:10:15 AM »
Today I was feeling suicidally depressed, and because I wasn't thinking straight, I went to a fortune teller. I'm feeling really bad because of it. I've confessed my sins to God, but I feel like God will take away things he's planned for me because of it. (Sorry, I know I have a messed up view of God.)

I didn't think his reading was accurate though- he got some things about me right- just like a fortune cookie. What can I do besides confess my sins?

You didn't committ suicide,  what can you do?   Call it a good day.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 06:20:34 AM »
Actually, what you haven't yet done may be harder than what you've already done . . .

you gotta let go . . .God did.  He let go of it 2,000 years ago on a place called skull hill . . . . the curse of you're mind has already been reversed . . .you just need to receive that. 

Just let go

martincisneros

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 09:43:48 AM »
....I've confessed my sins to God, but I feel like God will take away things he's planned for me because of it. (Sorry, I know I have a messed up view of God.)
Actually, God's liable to add so much more to your life [in a good way] than He was originally planning on giving you because of that sin.  I know that that opens up a can of worms for the religious about whether we should sin so that grace may abound, but Romans 6 is written specifically to that about not abusing the grace of God and not being in bondage to sin as God's grace is abounding towards you.  So, I have zero worries about mentioning something that there's an entire chapter of the Bible clarifying not to go out of your way to trample/transgress it.  But Romans 5 does say that where sin abounds, grace does much more abound.  The attitude of the New Testament winds up teetering on being the opposite of the Old Testament on so many points so that God's liable to be so much more into you because you did something like that that He wouldn't approve of.  He's determined to see His plan come to pass in your life, so don't worry about having slipped off of the spiritual bandwaggon in a moment of insatiable weakness.  Think of the "Footprints" poem.