Author Topic: Hypothetical  (Read 832 times)

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
Hypothetical
« on: December 07, 2012, 03:26:23 PM »
IF you were God, with all the power of the universe at your disposal, and had just one shot at living life in the flesh, would you live it as Jesus lived it?
Would you walk on water to wow a crowd? Would you impress your followers by calling down a company of angels to your defense when captured? Would you take a wife or even have a girlfriend? Would you easily beat your "buds" in strength contests? Would you make the arm break of the guy about to give you 39 lashes? and make the arm break of everyone that tried it till they gave up? How about the guy about to pound the stake into your wrists at the cross. Would you make him miss with each swing so he hit his own hand rather than the spike? Would you tell people you had healed not to tell anyone? Would you turn lead into Gold so you wouldn't have to depend on others (Indirectly the Father) for financial support?
Have you ever thought that Jesus didn't do any of these things because they were not love. What is not love is sin.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
Re: Hypothetical
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 06:24:32 AM »
As God told the Israelites in the desert, My ways are not your ways, and My thoughts are not your thoughts.

You know, it occurred to me once that if the distance between us and God (morally speaking) is a light-year, the distance from the worst sinner to the best saint might be...a millimeter. :Chinscratch:

We like to make God/god in our image, or at least our IDEA of God.  No, He is nothing like that at all, for it is WE who are the image, and a marred image at that.  Reality lies on the other side of the veil.  On this side of the veil, we live in almost a cardboard-cutout world.
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 07:56:27 AM »
I am not and could not in any way make my physical being and its world.  God is producing my body and the world it is in.  I'm inside of it here, seeking a more intimate awareness of the God manifesting my reality and His purpose for it.  Purpose is a time issue.

As I get older the world gets scarier.  My body hurts more, limiting me.  This connects to why in the 2nd World War God allowed the slaughter of 6 million Jews and 7 million Christians, specifically because they held to God's word.  Did this have something to do with what they believed or failed to believe?  God could and did save some from death then.  What would we do about this holocaust* if we could.  This is all the more demanding a question as many wonder if the same thing is being set up in the United States, for us in our own day, here and now.

*Stalin murdered more than Hitler and Mao was responsible for the deaths of 5 times the number both Stalin and Hitler taken together killed.  How is this the best of all possible worlds to bring about God's purpose for humanities existence?  Sorry about this old question, but you brought it up.
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 04:53:58 PM »
I did?? I thought it wa a light airy, whimsical rhetorical question and you answered with some heavy philosophical stuff :dontknow:
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 10:32:35 AM »
I am not and could not in any way make my physical being and its world.  God is producing my body and the world it is in.  I'm inside of it here, seeking a more intimate awareness of the God manifesting my reality and His purpose for it.  Purpose is a time issue.

As I get older the world gets scarier.  My body hurts more, limiting me.  This connects to why in the 2nd World War God allowed the slaughter of 6 million Jews and 7 million Christians, specifically because they held to God's word.  Did this have something to do with what they believed or failed to believe?  God could and did save some from death then.  What would we do about this holocaust* if we could.  This is all the more demanding a question as many wonder if the same thing is being set up in the United States, for us in our own day, here and now.

*Stalin murdered more than Hitler and Mao was responsible for the deaths of 5 times the number both Stalin and Hitler taken together killed.  How is this the best of all possible worlds to bring about God's purpose for humanities existence?  Sorry about this old question, but you brought it up.

In that day, we did do something about it. We roused ourself as a nation and went over there and at the cost of the lives of millions of young men we put a stop to it. Now, as to what we might do today, I don't know- but I know what we did then :o)
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com