Author Topic: HS and the apostles  (Read 381 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
HS and the apostles
« on: December 25, 2009, 03:38:56 PM »
It's said the books in the NT are inspired by the HS.
But what does inspired exactly mean?
All writers have their own style of writing. To me that means the HS does leave some creativity to the writer.
Some books (largely) omit certain events because the writer was not present during that event. (the HS was).
So what does inspired mean in the case of the Gospel writers?
Perhaps "only" that the HS made sure their memory was perfect?
To me a perfect memory of what Jesus thaught is all that's needed in this case because all words of Jesus were absolutely correct. So not even the HS can improve them.

???
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Jerm

Re: HS and the apostles
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 04:56:53 PM »
I view inspiration by the Spirit as something akin to what occurs with an artist or musician.  I believe that the Spirit prompted the authors to write their works and that the Spirit was an active, guiding force during the process of writing but I do not believe that the Spirit dictated every single word in Scripture (verbal plenary inspiration) nor do I believe that absolutely, every single word is absolutely correct.  To put it another way, I believe that the Scriptures are the Word of God, not the Words of God.