Author Topic: Haunted House  (Read 1501 times)

arcticmonster2003

Haunted House
« on: August 31, 2007, 06:56:56 PM »
Well, it would seem that maybe my house is haunted. My fiancee and her little sister (who lives with us) have both seen and heard doors slam, noises, voices and such. And we found the stove burner on and lit when nobody had been cooking all day. Our 2 year old son points at things (nothing) in the room sometimes when it is bedtime and cries and wants to sleep with mom and dad. My fiancee and her little sister are starting to get scared, and are not christian, so I'm sure this leaves them in a bad position. I have been working nights lately and it is while I am gone at work when the stuff starts happening, so other than seeing the burner on I haven't seen anything else.
We do live about 50 feet from a graveyard, maybe that has something to do with it. I am trying to be understanding, but of course I tell my fiancee to trust in God, of course this is not actually taken since she doesn't belive in God.

Any  suggestions?

Offline 97531

• Restricted
  • Truth is Freedom
    • Father's Love Forum
Re: Haunted House
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 07:19:37 PM »
Hey ATM

Tough one.  While reading the post the first thing that came up in my Spirit was that while you are at home, believer and all, your authority in Christ presides over the place.  When you are not there, the authority departs.  I do not think it has anything to do with the graveyard.  Hence you have only seen the stove.

Something is manifesting and you need to call it out and rebuke it in Jesus' name.  I am not one in a deliverance ministry but the unbelief of your spouse and her sister could be an influence blocking the acceptance of belief.

There is no recipe.  You need to take your authority on the home.  I would suggest getting some believers in and to pray for these things to manifest.  I believe in anointing the 4 corner posts of the yard and the house with oil.  The oil does nothing but it is the faith in the symbolism that works.

I have seen in homes where I have done this that the activities cease.  Victory over this will convince them in the authority in God you have as a believer.

Praying for you

Blessings

My Blog       Father's Love Forum - New
IHWLAMAHOB
Christian Milkshake: Pressed down, shaken together and more than we can hope for

Offline AbbasChild

• Father Judges No One
    • Abba's Child
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 07:53:17 PM »
I entirely agree with Seeker SA but would add that if it turns out to be something else but demonic there is another possibility which I encounterd in the deliverance ministry, even though I don't believe in everything I've learned there anymore.
If it turns out its not the demonic, but a human spirit that got stuck somehow (don't ask me how that happens. I can't explain it theologicaly; i just know that its possible.) you can ask Jesus audibly to take this spirit and lead it to its proper place.
It might also help to go through the house and dedicate it to the Lord as has already been mentioned.
It is much more possible for the sun to give out darkness than for God to do or be, or give out anything but Blessing and Goodness.- William Law

Man can certainly flee from God... but he cannot escape him. He can certainly hate God and be hateful to God, but he cannot change into its opposite the eternal love of God which triumphs even in his hate. --Karl Barth

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 08:05:19 PM »
 :cloud9: I bought a house that is nearly 2000 years old; it was built in 1826. And yes, it was definitely haunted, a fact I was awakened to at 3 in the morning my first, second, and third nites there. I called all my Christian friends at the time over, and we took anointing oil and anointed all the doors and windows and went thru the house praying in the Spirit, commanding out anything that was not like God to leave. The next nite, I was rudely awakened again, and asked God, why didn't this leave? Believe this or not, He said it came in thru the water pipes/well.

So I anointed them and prayed over them, and went back thru the house with friends again the next morning, just for good measure. When I told one of them what He had told me she said, "Well, sis, God told me to tell you that the first time we were here and I did, remember?"

Well, I didn't hear it evidently, but 2 others heard her say it. MY mistake, LOL....so when we did it the second time, I kid you not, it shook the windows in the last room we went to, as it left the building. Never had a problem since and that was 16 years ago.

Another interesting aside; one of the visitations was an apparition of a man in a long coat and 40's style hat, who walked thru my bedroom and into my closet whereupon I heard stairsteps. A few months later I was talking to my neighbor who was in his 70 's then and the house was his family home place; he grew up there. He casually mentioned, "Well, you know the stairs in that house are not original don't you? The stairs originally came up into your bedroom where your closet is now." I about fell over, but held it together, lest he think his new neighbor is a .....ahem......closet case, LOL........

All joking aside, it is a serious matter. I believe there is a difference between demonic spirits and ghosts, but neither are pleasant roommates. I would make sure that your fiance and her little sister have not knowingly (or thru innocently not understanding) participated in any form of witchcraft such as fortune telling, astrology, ouija boards, Dungeons and Dragons, ect., and if so repent of such activities.

In the 2 years the Lord had me walk in deliverance, I rarely ministered to any in that situation (with the exception of those that just moved into a new house and it was residual from what the previous owners did), that did not unknowingly open the door to it, thru things that they thought were "harmless" and "just games". They are not just games, and they are definitely not harmless. Has it occurred to you that the Lord may be allowing this situation to underscore the fact that, they too, need Him to be Lord of their life? Blessings to you all, will be praying for His perfect will to be done.....
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 08:30:07 PM by Cardinal »
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline 97531

• Restricted
  • Truth is Freedom
    • Father's Love Forum
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 08:19:58 PM »
Hey Cardinal

TY for mentioning the situation as you did in your last para.  That also came up in my Spirit and I was reluctant to share it.  I can therefor confirm what you shared.  I was dubious in sharing at all but I have seen this work.

Like Floyd said he is not sure what he believes on deliverance, it is real, look how they manifested in Jesus' day.  Granted some go overboard seeing demons in everything.

I heard a preacher once share that after an anointed service a woman came up and shared that they had done 2 weeks Spiritual warfare prior to his visit to "prepare" the place.  He knew who was responsible but asked her who she thought the most powerful spirit was, she failed the test.

Blessings
IHWLAMAHOB
Christian Milkshake: Pressed down, shaken together and more than we can hope for

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 08:37:10 PM »
 :cloud9: No problem, Seeker. You guys posted while I was writing so I missed them. And Floyd is right, too. I have the teaching on why this is truth. The soul stays trapped in whatever it did not overcome while in the body; the spirit returns to it's Maker. He has had me to lead some that have gone on, to Him. He is the lifter of our head and if they could only look up, they would see angels and Him waiting on them. But they can't until it's their appointed time to do so, and He comes as the lifter of their head. Blessings to you both.......
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

arcticmonster2003

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 04:30:16 AM »
Thanks for the advise guys. I'm sure this will be over very soon.

I would make sure that your fiance and her little sister have not knowingly (or thru innocently not understanding) participated in any form of witchcraft such as fortune telling, astrology, ouija boards, Dungeons and Dragons, ect., and if so repent of such activities.

Yeah, I was kind of thinking about this one. About three weeks ago we had to take her little sister to the hospital (she is a teenager) because she had cut herself with a razorblade. She initially denied that she had cut herself, but we didn't believe her and I insisted that she explain and she finally admitted it, saying she cut herself because she was under too much stress. We set up counseling for her . While they were at the hospital I searched for the blade and found it between her mattress and boxspring, the funny thing was that it was just a regular "utility" razor, but it was in a little black leather case that had a shape that resembled a coffin or something and the blade fit perfectly in it, anyway, the first thing that came into my mind when I saw it was that it looked "cultish" or gothic or something and looked like it was made just for a razor blade. I showed my father also and he got the same impression and said "Man, I would get that out of my house", he said it gave him the "willies". Anyway, my fiancee asked her where she got the case and she said that it came with a purse she bought, but I don't know whether to believe her or not and she surely isn't going to admit to anything at this point (teenagers are stubborn). Another thing is, we don't keep any utility blades in the house, leading me to believe that she got the blade and case at the same time. The only thing I know for sure is that if she has dabbled in something she isn't going to admit it to me, nor is she going to repent since she doesn't believe in God, and right now if she did repent she certainly wouldn't mean it in her heart and would just be doing it to appease me.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 05:11:51 AM »
  :sigh: Don't want to alarm you, but most of the goth groups of kids around here dabble in some form of witchcraft, thus they all end up dressing all in black like a lot of the Satan worshippers do. When my daughter was still in high school last year, she told me she deliberately befriended some in class because everyone else avoided them, so she could try to get thru to them and show them the love of God.

She found out they were dabbling in wicca covens here, and doing the cutting thing too. There seems to be a resurgence of wicca/satanism pushed on the young people every few years, I've noticed. They want to make sure they get to every generation as much as possible. Start examining her music, books, notebooks, cellphone texts, ect. and know where she is every minute she's away from the house. It doesn't help that the media and music video industry promote high profile people who are openly involved in it, knowing our kids are looking for someone to follow.

You may be getting ready to go thru the Lord's boot camp on deliverance ministry, so prepare yourself. Clean house of anything that offends the Spirit. I'll be lifting you up and asking for angels to surround you.........

arcticmonster2003

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 03:34:37 PM »
Nothing better than some faith in action. Thanks for your support.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 03:37:04 PM by arcticmonster2003 »

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 03:56:10 PM »
 :cloud9: Hey Articmonster; how about an update?

arcticmonster2003

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 10:06:43 PM »
Well, I did pray to God to tell whatever is in my house to go somewhere else. Things have quieted down. My fiancee and her sister have not told me of any new "occurences". Will keep you updated.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2007, 05:05:07 AM »
 :cloud9: PTL!  :thumbsup:

arcticmonster2003

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2007, 08:38:59 AM »
PTL?? Whats that mean?

Offline 97531

• Restricted
  • Truth is Freedom
    • Father's Love Forum
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2007, 10:00:09 AM »
Praise The Lord :boogie:
IHWLAMAHOB

Offline ChuckK3

• Snr
  • I always eats me spinachk.
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007, 11:48:35 AM »
A.M., you're name is written in the book of life, which explains your victory of course  :bigGrin:  :thumbsup:

However, I don't think evil spirits work through pipes, windows, electrical wires, or anything like that, and I agree that graveyards don't harbor them anymore than any other enivironment would.  Evil spirits work through the human heart and mind.  If your mind is geared against evil, then evil is crushed.  Of course it does help to fill your mind with wholesome thoughts and ideas from the Lord.  Evil works best when the heart and mind harbor fear.  Learn not to be afraid, then evil will be quenched quick!

This has been the case in my own life.  When I sleep while listening to UR teachings, I find I have victorious dreams, even when they appear to be potential nightmares.  I do tend to sleep better too.

I'm convinced that the power of evil is really and mostly in our heads.  We need to, as the bible says, "renew our minds".   :wink1:

Chuck

arcticmonster2003

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2007, 06:55:01 PM »
PTL! 

Yes, Praise the Lord! :thumbsup:

arcticmonster2003

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2008, 01:31:59 PM »
Took me awhile to dig this thread up.

Everything has been good since this thread ended several months ago, except an "incident" a couple of days ago.
Me and my fiancee had just went to bed, coincidently after watching a show on TV called "A Haunting". While I was laying down I felt a presence in the room very, very strongly, and it was not a good feeling, and then my fiancee let out a shriek and grabbed on to me and was crying, I asked her what was wrong and she said she saw something, I asked her what she saw and she said "a man". I did not tell her that I had sensed the presence because I felt it would just make things worse, and still have not told her. I again witnessed Christ to her, assuring her that their is indeed a "spiritual world" of sorts, and I told her I didn't know much about it, and told her that perhaps she was sensative to spititual things, but assured her that all things in every realm both physical and spiritual are under Jesus Christ, whom is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. This calmed her down immensely and she layed back down, and then a few seconds later one of the springs in the mattress "spung" underneath her, this happens often cause it is a cheap mattress, and was in my opinion just very bad timing. I have again asked God that whatever it was, that he send it somewhere else. I'm not sure if the TV show "A Haunting" has any role in it, whether this curiosity invited this or not, but I do know that I felt a very, very strong presence in the room, that almost came in like a wave right before she shrieked, and this is why I do believe her when she said she saw something. Since I have very limited knowledge on these things, I rely only on the knowledge that it does not belong in my house, whatever it was, and therefore pray, in faith that God remove it. Any prayers and advise are welcome.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 01:35:05 PM by arcticmonster2003 »

Loveroftruth

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2008, 01:47:39 PM »
Card, amazing stuff!
Floyd and Seeker I agree.

Something that came to me is this... I counceled a girl who was 9 years old. She had terrors in the night and had fear. During the sesson it came to me that she had an "imaginary friend" and when brought to her it was correct. She had somehow welcomed or agreed with this "thing or spirit" and it gave it access.

After we prayed and came out of agreement it solved it.

I also had a lady I ministered to, she also had issues with these "things or spirits" that would approach her at night.... same thing, as a child she had "made them her friends"
After we delt with it, it no longer happened.

Where am I getting at? Agreement....... Are there any children in your home that may be excepting and welcoming it ?

Second, I agree about authority - you have authority which means you must come to a place of "NO EXCEPTANCE" or anyone in your home.

Third, I would say sit down with some christians who can hear the Holy Spirit clearly while praying, ask God to show the entrance point and why these things have the authority to stay - God WILL answer, He never fails..... you will get your answer and with that answer God will give you the steps to take.

Fascinating thread!

arcticmonster2003

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2008, 02:04:53 PM »
Thanks for responding so quickly Loveroftruth

quote Loveroftruth
Where am I getting at? Agreement....... Are there any children in your home that may be excepting and welcoming it ?

Possibly, my fiancee's little sister (17 years old) is still living with us. Not sure if it matters, but she was spending the night at a friends house when this happened. Also, my son is 2 years old, will be 3 in May, I have heard that children in this age group possibly attract spirits, though I'm not sure if this is true or not, mainly cause I don't know anything about these types of things.

quote Loveroftruth
Second, I agree about authority - you have authority which means you must come to a place of "NO EXCEPTANCE" or anyone in your home.
Where I am on this is that no matter why its here, its MY house, and I certainly didn't invite it, and its it going to go. The real and present problem with getting everyone in agreement with this is that nobody else will admit they invited it either, nor are my fiancee, or her little sister christian. :sigh:

quote Loveroftruth
Third, I would say sit down with some christians who can hear the Holy Spirit clearly while praying, ask God to show the entrance point and why these things have the authority to stay - God WILL answer, He never fails..... you will get your answer and with that answer God will give you the steps to take.
I know of none in my town (small eskimo village) whom hear the Holy Spirit clearly on these matters, this is not to say there aren't some, but I don't know of them. Also, since their are no roads to my town, going to the nearest city involves a jet ride, and since alaska airlines has a monopoly on flights out to the city a round trip ticket out costs seven to eight hundred dollars, this does complicate this quite a bit. (talk about the spiritual wilderness experience :laughing7:)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 02:16:56 PM by arcticmonster2003 »

Loveroftruth

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2008, 02:28:25 PM »
Hey Brother,

Not really saying "invited"... I am sure it was there before, yet it needs agreement.. yet I am not knowledgeable in "ghosts"?

Brother - you can hear from the Lord right?

If not, its very simple..... gather with your fiancee and both  sit in a quiet place..... and ask God to show you the root of this issue.

Sit quietly and wait...... take notice to anything that comes into your mind. It may be a thought or a picture or a knowing or a word.... I will usually get pictures and the picture will show me what it is and then the Lord will start to tell me how to deal with it.

Ask - what is this thing and what is its entrance....... God wants to speak more then we want to hear and He never fails.

Ways God speak feel like they are our own thoughts, yet they are not. The key is sitting and being quiet and one will be amazed at how God will show you a blueprint!

I dont mean to assume you dont know this - maybe I am sharing for someone else.

Blessings brother - I wish I was there, I would come over and pray with you :HeartThrob:

arcticmonster2003

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2008, 02:49:03 PM »
Thanks Loveroftruth, I'll do that. I'm glad you are showing specific things for me to do, as I have never been to a church, nor been in a place where I have had people to learn from, so specific things really do help. :thumbsup:

Loveroftruth

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2008, 03:44:12 PM »
Hey,
Its not even something the church teaches :mshock: :sigh:
I have been blessed to be led to others who moved in this and learned and I believe it is something God wants everyone to move in..... its powerful in helping to set the captives free! When someone has rotten fruit you can sit and pray for the Lord to show the root. You would be amazed at how suddenly a childhood picture where something happened that locked in a lie or trauma will come to the person or another in the group and BAM - God brings healing  :thumbsup:

THE POWER OF GOD to set the captives FREE - I LOVE IT   :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 03:49:25 PM by Loveroftruth »

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2008, 08:28:56 PM »
 :cloud9: Amen LT......this is EXACTLY what I have experienced also. Of course, they don't teach it; they'd have to know it themselves first.  :mshock: :winkgrin:

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2008, 10:55:14 PM »

You folks have got me shaking in my shoes. Arct, the first thing I would do is get the heck out of there fast.  :laughing7: :eek:

I do agree with Cardinal and Loveroftruth. I have never encountered any thing like this, reason being, I guess God doesn't want me to die this way. I would probably have a heart attack. :faint:

CHB

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2008, 11:02:59 PM »
 :cloud9: Fear is the only weapon they've got. They want you to be afraid. Truth is, they don't want you to find out you have authority in Christ Jesus to loose them into the fire of His Spirit. When you come to that realization and take authority, they're more afraid of you than you are of them. Blessings to you.....