Author Topic: Grave, Paradise and all these things  (Read 6752 times)

Offline CHB

• Silver
Re: Grave, Paradise and all these things
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2011, 03:30:05 PM »
Molly, do you think before Jesus was resurrected that the righteous went on to heaven when they died?

If they did, why did Jesus call Lazarus to come forth out of the tomb? Why didn't Jesus call him down from above?  What is your thinking on this?

CHB

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2011, 04:10:20 PM »
Molly, do you think before Jesus was resurrected that the righteous went on to heaven when they died?

If they did, why did Jesus call Lazarus to come forth out of the tomb? Why didn't Jesus call him down from above?  What is your thinking on this?

CHB

I don't really think about it much because it doesn't concern me.  We are in a new covenant.

But, off the top of my head, I think a very few went to heaven to be with Christ [Enoch comes to mind, God took him]. 

If we look at the story of the ghost of Samuel being raised by the witch of endor, she does not call him down from heaven but calls him up from Sheol.

1 Sam 28:11 Then said the woman, Whom shall I bring up unto thee? And he said, Bring me up Samuel.

1 Sam 28:15 And Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up? And Saul answered, I am sore distressed; for the Philistines make war against me, and God is departed from me, and answereth me no more, neither by prophets, nor by dreams: therefore I have called thee, that thou mayest make known unto me what I shall do.

So I think most were in the place of the dead.  But I believe that NOW all the OT saints are in heaven with Christ.

40God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.
[Heb 11]

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2011, 06:05:22 PM »
If the answer is yes, I wonder when someone is righeous enough because king David was still dead during Acts.

http://lhim.org/blog/2011/06/03/where-is-king-david/
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2011, 06:06:47 PM »
If the answer is yes, I wonder when someone is righeous enough because king David was still dead during Acts.

http://lhim.org/blog/2011/06/03/where-is-king-david/

You mean his body was still in the grave...

We don't need this body to live.

Even the doctors are coming to that conclusion.