Author Topic: Gospel of Thomas 44  (Read 291 times)

DeeDee

Gospel of Thomas 44
« on: November 01, 2008, 04:53:37 PM »
Hi guys, I posted a post about this a few minutes ago but its puzzling me so much that I thought I would bring the topic into the lounge. I love the whole universalism movement. Really I do and it gives me so much hope in life. Then today I found this online. Do a search for Gospel of Thomas (line 44). I get how Matthew, Mark and Luke's version of "the unpardonable sin" can be explained into universalism, but I can't quite grasp this version. I know its a gospel thrown out of the bible but the rest of it fits in so well with Matt,Mark,Luke (The whole gospel of Thomas). I am really scared aswell because I have been wondering lately if i ever said anything unto the H.S when I was younger and that triggered awful blasphemous thoughts towards the H.S. I even stupidly accidently verbalised to my husband what i was thinking!!! So I am really really scared!
Thanks a bunch

God Bless
Dee

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: Gospel of Thomas 44
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 05:27:00 PM »
Basicly you say because the gospel of Thomas aligns 99% with the other it must be true 100%.
Then remember that Satan very often speaks 99% truth. But the 1% lie destroys teh other 99%...

Jesus said, "Whoever blasphemes against the Father will be forgiven, and whoever blasphemes against the Son will be forgiven, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven either on earth or in heaven."

I would like to see that text in more literal translation.
Big chance it looks like a UR verse with aion instead of world and heaven...
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

DeeDee

Re: Gospel of Thomas 44
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 05:45:22 PM »
And thanks yet again dear WhiteWings. You really are an asset to this website.  :bigGrin: BTW i see ur b-day is up and coming so Happy B-day.