Author Topic: God of this world?  (Read 1472 times)

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
God of this world?
« on: October 02, 2012, 12:57:17 AM »
Job 1:12  And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.
2Co 4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Joh 12:40  He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

Who really is the God of this world?

Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline CHB

• Silver
Re: God of this world?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 01:07:38 AM »
I believe Satan is the god who influences most people but the Father is the God of the whole world.

CHB

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 01:32:03 AM »
I believe Satan is the god who influences most people but the Father is the God of the whole world.

CHB

:dsunny: I agree.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 06:34:02 AM »
There is only one God (deity) His name is Jehovah-Joshua-Jesus-Savour-Immanuel....
Act 4:10  be it known to all of you, and to all the people of Israel, that in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye did crucify, whom God did raise out of the dead, in him hath this one stood by before you whole.
Act 4:11  `This is the stone that was set at nought by you--the builders, that became head of a corner;
Act 4:12  and there is not salvation in any other, for there is no other name under the heaven that hath been given among men, in which it behoveth us to be saved.'

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 04:38:41 PM »
The Father is God of the universe. For a short time and for his own purposes, he has allowed Satan to be "god" of this world. A created being Satan) cannot ever be considered to be "God" in the sense of the Creator of all, with omnipotent power.
When Satan attcked Job, he was still only able to do so to the extent that the Father allowed. Exactly why the Bible states Jesus is king of kings and Lord of lords and in a couple of translations "God of gods."

In every great love story (and the Bible tells the greatest love story of all) there must be conflict. Without conflict, there is a not as great a love story. How can we humans understand what love is without hate(or apathy)?
How do you know you're having good times if you have had no bad times? How can you know what it is like to be found and embraced if you weren't first lost and alone.
In crude terms, Satan is God's bitch, doing exactly what God knew he would do from the very beginning and never doing anything that God does not allow as part of his purpose
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

• Gold
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 05:22:47 PM »
 :dsunny:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 05:47:57 PM »

The 'god of this world' is [correct translation] the god of this age [aion].

Therefore, the god of this world [age] in those passages is Satan.

which is why most translations do not capitalize the 'g' in 'god.'

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 10:25:29 PM »
You're right Molly. I knew that(god of this age) but forgot I was talking to people that understood what aeonian meant. I don't think 1 in 100 on the ET side has an idea of age or aeonian so I don't mention it when talking to ET'ers. Some are just so sure that whatever the pastor, preacher, or "man of the cloth" has to say that it borders on believing their leader is inerrant.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

• Gold
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 10:33:18 PM »

The 'god of this world' is [correct translation] the god of this age [aion].

Therefore, the god of this world [age] in those passages is Satan.

which is why most translations do not capitalize the 'g' in 'god.'

:thumbsup: :dsunny:

Offline onlytruth

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 01:03:49 AM »
My Question...isn't the god of this world the carnal nature(in each of us) that keeps us away from the true holy spirit?

• Gold
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 01:34:44 AM »
My Question...isn't the god of this world the carnal nature(in each of us) that keeps us away from the true holy spirit?

I don't believe so. Satan is the god of this world, I believe by assignment.
Rom 8:20  For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21  Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 02:25:01 AM »
You're right Molly. I knew that(god of this age) but forgot I was talking to people that understood what aeonian meant. I don't think 1 in 100 on the ET side has an idea of age or aeonian so I don't mention it when talking to ET'ers. Some are just so sure that whatever the pastor, preacher, or "man of the cloth" has to say that it borders on believing their leader is inerrant.

I understand.  But, you might give it a try sometime.  Aion is the key to the whole thing.

You could call it the rosetta stone of universal salvation.  And, it's an easy concept to understand and explain by itself, something that is hiding all over the Bible in plain sight.  Once you see it, it changes everything.

For He saved us and called us with a holy call, not in accordance with our desserts, but in accordance with His own purpose and the free grace which He bestowed on us in Christ Jesus before the commencement of the Ages, 2 Tim 1:9
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 02:28:06 AM by Molly »

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 06:23:22 AM »
Molly, I just hate to prevent someone from spreading the good news of eternal torture. :laughing7:

Offline Brian

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 11:11:32 AM »
I always took that to mean that Satan is the god of the worldly things of this world. That people make him their god or that they allow themselves to be subjugated to him when they embrace and seek worldly desires. I found it interesting that the official "church of satan" isn't really about worshiping satan as a deity, but is much more about worshiping hedonism. "Party hardy" "if it feels good do it" "as long as it's not harming anyone else, do whatever turns you on" would be the gospel of the god of this world.
For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers. 1 Timothy 4:10

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 06:50:04 PM »
I've met people that turned to Satanism because (they told me)
it was pretty obvious that Satan was winning and would "win" since 95% of humanity was going
to be ET'ed, one might as well grab for all the power, money, and pleasure that you can.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 07:22:42 PM »
I've met people that turned to Satanism because (they told me)
it was pretty obvious that Satan was winning and would "win" since 95% of humanity was going
to be ET'ed, one might as well grab for all the power, money, and pleasure that you can.

For sure.  It's very shortsighted of them, but it works in the short term.  There are many who worship Satan--this is what the Bible calls 'the mystery of iniquity.'  It is actually a church with religious rites and secrets told only to the initiates.  If you want power and money in this lifetime, you can have it, but the Bible warns about doing this through Satan over and over again.  But, imagine this, as evil as the world is, it is still being held back, until the time of the end.

The mystery of this sin is already at work. But it cannot work effectively until the person now holding it back gets out of the way.

--2 Thess 2:7

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 09:12:08 PM »
He is already calling and gathering us out,Molly...the big clue is the man'doomed" to destruction

Judas also served as a 'type' and shadow of this one.  satan entered...he was already a liar

and theif[image of corrupt one]  then satan entered..betrayed Christ..for money....church has

done it all through history....put to death those in Christ who spoke truth..while they 'ruled' over

the church/world.

christ was put to death..and the testimony of the Holy spirit has lay dead in the street[of their religious /gov

institutions]  hand over the money..we can conduct special masses to get your loved one out of

pergutory.  Jim Jones......numerous..numerous....

Paul cried knowing what was coming upon them...wolves in sheeps clothing...that would Not treat

the flock tenderly.

Jude prophesied about them..so too Enoch.....the sin and doom of godless men......secreatly slipped

in among you...godless men who change grace into license for immorality and 'deny" Jesus....

THEY SERVE AS AN EXAMPLE OF THOSE WHO SUFFER THE PUNISHMENT OF ETERNAL FIRE...

certain men are given over in this age to manifest the man os sin demonic spirit in operation...

satan/spirit..entered Judas...they took the way of Cain[murderer] rushed for profit[Balaam] by cursing..

destroyed in Korah's rebellion...it is a spiritual manifestation in the flesh of fallen men

Numbers 16;16  please read All of this..very revealing...those who rebelled in wilderness against

Moses as spokesman[Christ Jesus listen to Him]................

stand off God's choice against usurpers/rebellers......

THIS IS HOW YOU WILL KNOW THAT THE LORD HAS SENT ME......if these men die a natural death

and expierence what only usually happens to men..then the LORD HAS NOT SENT ME

BUT IF THE LORD DOES SOMETHING NEW...AND THE EARTH OPENS IT'S MOUTH AND SWALLOWS

THEM WITH EVERYTHING THAT BELONGS TO THEM.......[...see Rev ch 12 ] and the  earth helped

the woman and opened it's mouth and swallowed the floodwaters the dragon spewed out of it's mouth

AND THEY GO ALIVE  DOWN TO THE GRAVE...THEN YOU WILL KNOW THAT THESE MEN TREATED THE

LORD  WITH CONTEMPT.

there, you have your pattern of this man of sin/godless one doomed to destruction...though men bear

and manifest this corrupt ones image....they are examples of the total destruction of all evil contrast tools

used in this exercize of good/evil teaching contrast

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2012, 12:10:31 AM »
Yes.  It's really pretty simple.

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.  Jn 10:10

• Gold
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2012, 06:53:07 AM »
Established. :thumbsup:

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2012, 03:02:10 AM »
I'm going out on a limb to speculate.  After the creation was finished, Lucifer decided that he wanted (for whatever reason) to ascend above God.  God told him, OK, let's try that, and I'll cut you 6,000 years to prove you can do better.  After that, if you fail, I'll reassert Myself.  I think God did that knowing that the result would vindicate Him before the witness of the whole created universe.

We have only glimpses of all this.  As Satan, Lucifer may have overreached himself, and there was war in heaven, but we know little of it.  We lack knowledge of territorial limits, rules of engagement, how long a leash God put on Satan, etc, etc, etc. 

What is important to keep in mind is this:  Satan would like us to think he is the god of this world, but he is a usurper, a pretender to the throne which rightly belongs to Jesus. 
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.