Author Topic: God's name  (Read 731 times)

Offline redhotmagma

• Bronze
God's name
« on: October 22, 2011, 10:27:42 PM »
http://www.Yhwh.com/GINGN/gingn.htm

Its long, but if you scroll down you'll see the picture.  Any thoughts?

Offline Molly

• Gold
Re: God's name
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 10:43:43 PM »
Yes.  That's why he tells us to love our enemies.

But, people can drift off into new age with this.

To truly understand and remain humble is to know the Son.

He gave the name YHWH as a memorial to all generations.

I only know him as Y'shu'ah, Adoni, my Lord.

Offline redhotmagma

• Bronze
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 10:54:38 PM »
Yeah this guy definitely is on that line of New Age, probably crosses over in some things.  The line is quite blurry, much more so than I used to think.

REv 3:12"He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. And I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 09:23:46 PM »
It just seems that God's name seems so religiously important, when in the real time of God, we have absolutely no idea of His Name. Putting letters together be they Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, etc. mean nothing at all. Using the letters put together like
"Y'shu'ah, Adoni," fooling yourself that for some reason they make one believe they know more, is vanity.
"YHWH" IS.

Rev 3:12 He who is overcoming--I will make him a pillar in the sanctuary of my God, and without he may not go any more, and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, that doth come down out of the heaven from my God--also my new name.

SEE....why do you seek to know His name now, when it will be a NEW name later?
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 09:30:41 PM »
It just seems that God's name seems so religiously important, when in the real time of God, we have absolutely no idea of His Name. Putting letters together be they Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, etc. mean nothing at all. Using the letters put together like
"Y'shu'ah, Adoni," fooling yourself that for some reason they make one believe they know more, is vanity.
"YHWH" IS.

Rev 3:12 He who is overcoming--I will make him a pillar in the sanctuary of my God, and without he may not go any more, and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, that doth come down out of the heaven from my God--also my new name.

SEE....why do you seek to know His name now, when it will be a NEW name later?

A name defines a Nature ~The nature of LOVE, we Partake in HIS VERY Nature "LOVE and Life ", THE NEW NAME~ not the Nature of enmity and Death~our OLD NAME~
Shalom~
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 10:08:14 PM »
Quote from: Micah
"Y'shu'ah, Adoni," fooling yourself that for some reason they make one believe they know more, is vanity

I like the name, Jesus, too.  I mostly call him Lord Jesus, my childhood name for him.

But a few years back a friend was on me to call him Y'shu'ah.  And, I resisted that for a long time, because of the power of the name, but that is who he is, God Y'shu'ah, God of our salvation.  The power kind of overwhelms me. 

But, he is my best friend.

1And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.

2Behold, God Y'shu'ah; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my Y'shu'ah.

3Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of Y'shu'ah.

4And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.

5Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth.

6Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.
--Isa 12

:bgdance: :bgdance:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 10:34:44 PM by Molly »

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 10:35:38 PM »
Funny how similar my beliefs are to your Molly. You are like my spiritual sister  :high5:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 10:39:10 PM »
Funny how similar my beliefs are to your Molly. You are like my spiritual sister  :high5:
:HeartThrob: