Author Topic: God's name in our DNA?  (Read 4327 times)

Offline Nathan

• Gold
Re: God's name in our DNA?
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2011, 10:27:49 PM »
If Biblical stories are filled with patterns of the Kingdom of God, why wouldn't our bodies be as well?

Louie Giglio ring any bells???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e4zgJXPpI4

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2011, 01:53:19 AM »
If Biblical stories are filled with patterns of the Kingdom of God, why wouldn't our bodies be as well?

Louie Giglio ring any bells???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e4zgJXPpI4

He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

--Col 1:17

I love that video.  :thumbsup:

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2011, 03:34:50 AM »
This isn't a science thing for me.  It's a faith thing.  Is it possible?
He designed the human body. You studied it. Is that science or religion?
Same for the DNA. God is a scientist too.

All things are possible with God.  I haven't examined the evidence for such a phenomenon.  My scientific mind says this is likely someone trying to sell books with pseudoscience.
The man seems to have the right credentials as a Nobel prize winner. I doubt such a person would ruin his good name to sell a few books.

My spiritual mind says this wouldn't surprise me in the least
  Is it possible...absolutely.

Sometimes I think people want to think God creates through some sort of spiritual medium with which we can't discover or measure.  I'm not so sure that is true.  God created this physical world, with scientific laws.
I only know about the fun stuff... :winkgrin: , but could it be that similar DNA transfer happens in the womb?

I believe God uses all of them for his purposes which includes communicating with man.  Why wouldn't God reserve "junk" DNA for future manifestations of his spirit within man?  Why wouldn't God use neurotransmitters to communicate?
Because only really smart peepz can spell that word  :laughing7:

Why wouldn't God sign his name into his creation?
Maybe He did. See first post in this thread.

Speaking of names.
1+2=3
2+3=5
5+3=8
8+3=11
Etc

Fibonacci numbers.
In graphic format those numbers form a spiral.
That spiral returns all around the place.
A snailhouse. Sunflower seed. Spiral galaxies.
I wonder if that sequence is mentioned in the Bible in a hidden way....
http://www.maths.surrey.ac.uk/hosted-sites/R.Knott/Fibonacci/fibnat.html
Ok, Ok I admit I'm a number nerd  :bgdance:

:cloud9:  You know about the bible wheel already, a scroll is a spiral, and then there's a whirlwind, a birthing stool, and a potter's wheel. I'd say if spirals are hid in there, that would be the place to look.
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2011, 04:46:41 AM »
:cloud9:  You know about the bible wheel already, a scroll is a spiral, and then there's a whirlwind, a birthing stool, and a potter's wheel. I'd say if spirals are hid in there, that would be the place to look.
Yes, a scroll is a spiral. A spiral that varies when the Rabbi rolls up the scroll tightly of loosly. The ratio I'm talking about is very strick and returning.
I see no spiral in a potter's wheel. Whirlwind... could be. Just as the water draining away in your sink.
Just look at the URL I gave. A quick look at the pictures is enough.

Anyway my question was if it's in the Bible. I'm not expecting a verse about this ratio.
A while back I posted the number Pi (3.14......) being hidden in the Bible (Kings IIRC); so I wouldn't be suprised if Fibs are also somewehere :dontknow:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2011, 04:50:34 AM »
 :cloud9: Technically, if it exists here at all, it HAS to be in there some way, because that is the blueprint for "here".  :2c:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2011, 04:52:07 AM »
DNA - Double helix - Roman symbol - 2 snakes wrapped together ---- flying snake :mshock:

http://stjudasmaccabaeus.wordpress.com/tag/double-helix-of-dna/
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2011, 12:06:54 PM »
This isn't a science thing for me.  It's a faith thing.  Is it possible?
He designed the human body. You studied it. Is that science or religion?
Same for the DNA. God is a scientist too.

All things are possible with God.  I haven't examined the evidence for such a phenomenon.  My scientific mind says this is likely someone trying to sell books with pseudoscience.
The man seems to have the right credentials as a Nobel prize winner. I doubt such a person would ruin his good name to sell a few books.

My spiritual mind says this wouldn't surprise me in the least
  Is it possible...absolutely.

Sometimes I think people want to think God creates through some sort of spiritual medium with which we can't discover or measure.  I'm not so sure that is true.  God created this physical world, with scientific laws.
I only know about the fun stuff... :winkgrin: , but could it be that similar DNA transfer happens in the womb?

I believe God uses all of them for his purposes which includes communicating with man.  Why wouldn't God reserve "junk" DNA for future manifestations of his spirit within man?  Why wouldn't God use neurotransmitters to communicate?
Because only really smart peepz can spell that word  :laughing7:

Why wouldn't God sign his name into his creation?
Maybe He did. See first post in this thread.

Speaking of names.
1+2=3
2+3=5
5+3=8
8+3=11
Etc

Fibonacci numbers.
In graphic format those numbers form a spiral.
That spiral returns all around the place.
A snailhouse. Sunflower seed. Spiral galaxies.
I wonder if that sequence is mentioned in the Bible in a hidden way....
http://www.maths.surrey.ac.uk/hosted-sites/R.Knott/Fibonacci/fibnat.html
Ok, Ok I admit I'm a number nerd  :bgdance:

For me, the study of medicine is both science and religion.  The study of God's creation has only furthered my awe of Him.  This gentleman who discovered this could very well be on the level.  I don't really know, sounds very interesting but God is directing my studies elsewhere right now.  So, I take these kinds of things as perfectly reasonable.

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2011, 08:24:33 PM »
Nathan I wasn't familiar with that.  It was quite powerful.  Thanks for the link.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2011, 09:18:26 PM »
My "favorite" along these lines is Rob  Bell's "Everything is spiritual".  If you do a search on Utube you'll find some of his clips from that dvd . . .it's an AWESOME introduction to those who may otherwise be turned off to thinking on "dimensional" terms.