Author Topic: Ghost Hunters  (Read 1991 times)

Michele

Ghost Hunters
« on: November 07, 2007, 11:12:23 PM »
Are there any here who watch Ghost Hunters on Wednesday nights? :Sparkletooth:

If so.......what are your thoughts on the show?

I'm fascinated with the EVP.  A couple of weeks ago my friend went to an event that was held near by and said that they presented some really interesting stuff. 

She said that the most interesting EVP happened like this...Jay and Grant are asking questions in a room  and an entity actually is answering their questions in a coherent way (of course they don't know this until afterwards when they are reviewing the tape).  So they continue to talk about what ghost are and you hear Grant say that they're just forms of energy and the EVP (who is obviously treating this is a question and answer at this point) says "Not just energy."  Which is really intriguing.  So if they aren't JUST energy, what else are they?

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
Re: Ghost Hunters
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 11:40:30 PM »
 :cloud9: My answer is trapped souls, or demonic beings, either/or or both could be on there. From my believe it or not file of long ago........a friend and I witnessed to her back-slidden Baptist sister one night. We thought the Lord sent us there for her; turns out her two teenage daughters were the intended recipients of what we had to share. After sharing the testimony of our ordeal, the girls were both in tears. The oldest one was 17 and decided it would be a good time to confess to mom that her boyfriend of a year was a Satan worshipper, and his mother, a serious, card-carrying witch. (He said his guitar talked to him).

Later that night, after we left, the girls went to get their baths upstairs, and the oldest one who had repented that night, got hers first. When she came out, she said she felt a cold presence and the attic door was open, which was on the way to their room. She slammed it shut, shuddering at the creepy feeling she got passing it.

Her sister had put in a Vanity Six tape in the tape player, and it was just ending on one side when she slammed the door; you could just hear the last few notes and singing softly at the end. The next thing they heard was a several loud slams on the tape, and what sounded like a dog growling out English, saying, "Open it, I've lost it!", really loud. They both were terrified and ran down the stairs, the one in nothing but her towel, they were so scared. We got called back over there to listen to it after their mom got them calmed down.

They gave us the tape, and it had an interesting effect on the people we let hear it. This should tell you what an influence the darkness has on the mind. People that were saved could hear it perfectly and it made their skin crawl, just the sound of this was terrifying, it was beyond description. People that self confessed they did not know the Lord as their personal savior, all swore up and down they just heard a lot of commotion on there, nothing more. We had the tape for several months and then it disappeared. This was 21 years ago before way before any of us had ever heard of this phenomena......
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Michele

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 12:03:32 AM »
Interesting Cardinal  :icon_flower:.....I'm concerned though that Hollywood and western tradition has placed a negative spin on those in the afterlife......associating all things creepy and evil with it.  Many of the old tape recordings bring up the voices that sound creepy.....but IMO has nothing to do with them being evil.....

There is a website called the big circle, and many family members of lost loved ones have heard very encouraging evp's.  Many use the digital recorders now, and the voices are distincly female.......male, and have emotion.

brings this question to mind -- do our personalities live on....or are they dissolved in the here after?

"I am inclined to believe that our personality hereafter will be able to affect matter. If this reasoning be correct, then, if we can evolve an instrument so delicate as to be affected by our personality as it survives in the next life, such an instrument, when made available, ought to record something."
-Thomas Edison, October 1920

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 01:17:16 AM »
 :cloud9: Well, personally, I don't believe in dabbling in it, because it is too close to the sin of necromancy for my taste. However, from what GOD has done with me, I know the soul lives on, and that is the will, mind, emotions, and desires. What I wonder is if some of these claiming to be relatives are in fact the demonic spirits, impersonating the relatives  for the purpose of getting people to commit that sin?

The fortune tellers do the same thing; the genuine ones get assistance from familiar spirits, and they tell people just exactly what they want to hear and from what supposed relative. I saw this with my own eyes before I came to the Lord and some friends talked me into going to several of them. I didn't believe in it, but thought it was curious as to why they did. Wasn't long before I found out. Thank You Father for keeping me from the destruction! This is my  :2c: Blessings to you........
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 02:28:42 AM by Cardinal »
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

rockclimber

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 01:56:03 AM »
It"s a form of witchcraft.

Michele

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 02:20:10 AM »
Hmmmm.......interesting....

Yahschild

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 02:39:38 AM »
:cloud9: Well, personally, I don't believe in dabbling in it, because it is too close to the sin of necromancy for my taste. However, from what GOD has done with me, I know the soul lives on, and that is the will, mind, emotions, and desires. What I wonder is if some of these claiming to be relatives are in fact the demonic spirits, impersonating the relatives  for the purpose of getting people to commit that sin?

The fortune tellers do the same thing; the genuine ones get assistance from familiar spirits, and they tell people just exactly what they want to hear and from what supposed relative. I saw this with my own eyes before I came to the Lord and some friends talked me into going to several of them. I didn't believe in it, but thought it was curious as to why they did. Wasn't long before I found out. Thank You Father for keeping me from the destruction! This is my  :2c: Blessings to you........

I agree, Cardinal.  I may have another way of putting it, you don't play with dirt and not expect some to get on you--I just don't play around with any of that stuff--not that anyone on this board is. 

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 02:57:30 AM »
 :cloud9: Good point.....I worked with a woman briefly who was into all this big time; a full-fledged card carrying Ghost Hunter like the ones on TV. That's how I know about the show, and the stuff they do. She also brought Tarot cards to work with her. This unnerved our co-workers no end. I just asked God to bind her to me with cords of love that cannot be broken, the way He showed me to pray. It works.

No condemnation and those cords of love and He melts their hearts right in front of you. She left the job due to co-workers, but she still calls me to talk to me. God is roping her in getting ready to place her on the altar of His love and consume her! I just love to stand back and watch Him do it. Christ in us becomes the altar and they are the "sacrifice"! Doesn't He have just the greatest sense of humor? I just love Him and His ways. He is so beyond words. Blessings to all.......

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 05:52:44 AM »
Ghost?

Let's see what the scriptures say about the soul and death.  (Psa 78:50) He leveled a path for His anger; He did not spare their soul from death, But gave over their life to the plague, (Psa 116:8)  For You have rescued my soul from death, My eyes from tears, My feet from stumbling. (Psa 115:17)  The dead do not praise the LORD, Nor do any who go down into silence; (Ecc 9:10)  Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might, for there is no work or thought or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol, to which you are going.

It appears death is a type of sleep too. (Psa 13:3)  Consider and answer me, O LORD my God; Enlighten my eyes, or I will sleep the sleep of death, (1Th 4:13) But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. (Dan 12:2). "Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt.  (Act 7:60) And falling to his knees he cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them." And when he had said this, he fell asleep.   

Is it our bodies or soul that dwell in the grave? (Joh 5:28-29) Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.

Do we have immortal subsistence?  (Job 10:5) 'Are Your days as the days of a mortal, Or Your years as man's years, (Isa 13:12) I will make mortal man scarcer than pure gold And mankind than the gold of Ophir. (1Co 15:53-55).  For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality.  When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory." "O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?"  Psa 146:3   Do not trust in princes, In mortal man, in whom there is no salvation.   And the telling verse is…    (1Ti 6:16who alone possesses immortality (God) and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.  Immortality is what we receive from the tree of life (Jesus). (Rev 22:14)  Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates.

It's hard for me to accept ghost as being anything human. The bible speaks of the total opposite! 
Now as for evil spirits pretending to be human souls, that may be the real question?

Paul

Michele

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 05:12:02 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys  :icon_flower:......have any of you actually watched the show Ghost Hunters?

I like it because they approach it in a scientific way.......none of that esoteric stuff.......no cards.....no psychics.  They simply go to people's houses that are complaining of hauntings, and bring in there digital recorders and cameras.  That is all......in fact these guys are Roto Rooter plumbers, and got into ghost hunting  because a lot of the houses that people felt were haunted actually just had old pipes and plumbing issues, but there were some that actually had paranormal activity.

Anyway, I feel they're actually helping some of these families understand what it going on.  For instance last night there was a family with a little girl........mother and daughter kept seeing a man in their house.  The little girl actually told her mom that a man came into her room and had a boo boo on his head, and showed her his brain.  This is very disturbing and yet strange, because prior to them buying the house.......a man had committed suicide (by shooting himself in the head) in the house.  Anyway, it doesn't sound like the man's spirit was trying to scare them, but he was just staying around.

They caught some male sounding humming (song) evp, and a human form on the infrared camera.  They couldn't debunk it......most of the stuff can be debunked that they hear about on other locations though, but not all of it.

BTW, I bring this all up because I'm concerned why some spirits/souls seem to be trapped.  Paul......I find your comments about death and sleep interesting.  I do believe that the scriptures teach that death is esentially sleep.  Perhaps some continue to sleep.........until it is time for to wake up....

Any thoughts??

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 05:29:31 PM »
 :cloud9: SG, I have watched it, and I pray for all those involved. I know the souls are trapped, and I figure if God can't get the Christians to bring out the truth, then He'll use the others to do it. It is the time of the restitution of all things bearing down on us, and those that have gone on, cannot be made perfect without us. He's waving a red flag for us to see, basically. Blessings to you.....

Michele

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 05:58:46 PM »
Hey again Cardinal.......how do you believe that we can help those who've gone on......how do we help those that are trapped?

rockclimber

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 06:34:56 PM »
First we call Ghost Busters then we call the Ghost Whisperer (Melinda Gordon).

Michele

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 07:01:08 PM »
 Remember Rockclimber......Don't cross the streams........ :laughing7:

Seriously though.......I believe that praying and forgiving are ways of helping those who have passed on.

I believe much of the paranormal experiences are residual in nature.......meaning recordings in time/space.

Yahschild

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 07:08:15 PM »
Ghost?

It's hard for me to accept ghost as being anything human. The bible speaks of the total opposite! 
Now as for evil spirits pretending to be human souls, that may be the real question?

Paul

I agree with your statement!

SLN

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2007, 11:44:33 PM »
You'd think if human souls could be trapped in this realm, Jesus or the aspostles would have spoken of it.  :dontknow:

Michele

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2007, 12:24:20 AM »
Good point SLN.......you know....people can get trapped through.  I see it all the time with the living here and now.  Do you know what I'm talking about......haven't you ever experienced the feeling of being stuck in a self made trap emotionally?  I'm sure many people have experienced that feeling of being trapped in your sorrow......unable to forgive yourself......unable to let go of the Past.

I don't believe it's forever though.  I believe that the person can move on once they are prepared to......maybe some take much longer than others.  Just my :2c:

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2007, 01:31:59 AM »
 :cloud9: Maybe it's part of the, "I have much to tell you but you can't bear it now."........

Michele

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2007, 05:10:41 PM »
Yeah Cardinal.....it might be the same principle that we find in this saying of Jesus.

For it shall be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

He who is nothing passes through with ease -- he who won't give up his baggage gets stuck at the entrance.

Just personal spiritual hygiene.

Reminds me of how I learned that certain Indian tribes used to ritualy burn all their possesions every so often as a way of cleansing.  Perhaps this is symbolic of what takes place spiritualy to us as we pass through the next life........IMO we each carry around a lot of emotional baggage too....baggage that we are going to have to leave at the entrance as well.

Makes me think about what Lot's wife went through.

Yahschild

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2007, 01:08:09 PM »
Yeah Cardinal.....it might be the same principle that we find in this saying of Jesus.

For it shall be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

He who is nothing passes through with ease -- he who won't give up his baggage gets stuck at the entrance.

Just personal spiritual hygiene.

Reminds me of how I learned that certain Indian tribes used to ritualy burn all their possesions every so often as a way of cleansing.  Perhaps this is symbolic of what takes place spiritualy to us as we pass through the next life........IMO we each carry around a lot of emotional baggage too....baggage that we are going to have to leave at the entrance as well.

Makes me think about what Lot's wife went through.

Stained Glass, what an interesting perspective!  I think you are right about Lot's wife AND the personal spiritual hygiene!  Great post!

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2007, 01:30:58 PM »
 :cloud9: Well, common sense. Since we know natural and spiritual bear witness, the natural body does void itself of waste, does it not? Someone might say, yeah but the waste is part of a necessary process.......EXACTLY.

I asked the Lord once why I got a miracle healing. No one prayed for me, laid hands on me, in fact, I didn't even ask Him to heal me, because I thought I wasn't worthy enough. Yet I got healed by His Spirit, no doubt about it and it was an extensive problem with a back injury.

He showed me where He had told the Israelites to send for some Egyptians and Chaldeans to help build the temple. These were unclean people, the Lord had separated them from, and now He's sending them in to do a particular skill? When their work was finished, they left the temple, the priests were told to cleanse the temple with a sacrifice, and then the glory of the Lord came in. He told me no one had to tell them to leave the temple; their work was finished. He told me I overcame the darkness that brought in the physical problem, so the darkness left the temple, because it's WORK WAS DONE. Blessings to all......

Kept

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2007, 05:42:15 PM »
When I was in my early twenties I lived in New Mexico and was in love with a guy that grew his own marijuanna, made his own beer and owned a game room. Needless to say my life was filled with fun. He owned his own home with an apartment above the garage. At the time I was dating him there was a guy renting the apt that had a multitude of wild beliefs encompassing all kinds of supernatural things. He spent time when we would get high telling us all kinds of ghost stories and such. One time he told us that there were actual tapes made in grave yards where you could hear the dead communicating on them.

So my boyfriend and another guy friend of his planned one night to drive out to an old graveyard that is all abandoned out in the middle of no where. We got all our gear together and thought it would be so cool to go in the middle of the night. So here we are fairly high, the 3 of us piled in the pick up with our recorder driving on old dirt roads to this cemetary. Finally we arrive. We decide we have to be very quiet, because we were all flying mostly on fear of the unknown,  not one of us would get out of the pick up to stand in the middle of the cemetary with the recorder on. So we decided to roll down the windows and just hold it out and see what we would get. This went on quietly with some little whispers and low giggles for a while when all of a sudden we heard chattering.

Then a loud bang on the back of the pick up. What I wouldnt give for that tape today as all three of us were trying to find the keys with our hands to start that truck as we were yelling in hysterics! The colorful language was flying and our hearts were about to jump out of our chests! Finally we got the truck started, peeled around making a cloud of dust seeing thru our headlights the guy who rented the apartment clutching his sides and hysterically laughing at us!

Man that was some night and my only experiance with this type of thing. I should contact that old boyfriend and see if he still has that tape haha

kept
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 05:45:19 PM by Kept »

Michele

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2007, 06:20:57 PM »
 :grin:

Fun story.....thanks for sharing kept. :Sparkletooth:  One thing for certain........our culture thinks death is taboo.  When one thinks of the dead contacting us it usually makes the hair on the back of the neck stand up.  I'm sure fear has something to do with our perception.  Do you think that there will be a time when humanity gets beyond its fears of the afterlife, and realize that these are real people that deserve respect and love too?

Will there ever be a time that we'll see that we're not alone, and that our loved ones have never really left us?

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2007, 07:28:01 PM »
 :cloud9: Well, for me the difference is in the "vehicle". If God brings them in His Spirit and allows communication, there's no sin in it, He did it. Or if He makes contact thru you in His Spirit for the purpose of intercession, there's no sin it, because HE did it. Both things I have experienced, but I didn't seek them out, He did it all. I think that's the difference that these people are missing. My :2c: Blessings to all.....

Michele

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2007, 07:47:20 PM »
Hey Cardinal.....I can undestand your point, but I still imagine that my family member who has passed is right here with me throughout the day.  I'll talk to them privately (sometimes in thought form) like they're here. I know this sounds a little  :wacko2: but for me it makes their life very real.....as if they've never left, and personally I don't think they have.  I think our love is an eternal connection with loved ones who've passed on.

They are with God, and God is right here with us.......always.... :HeartThrob: