Author Topic: Gen.2:10-15) & (Rev.22:1-2) Through The Eyes Of A Child  (Read 2927 times)

Roy Monis

Re: Gen.2:10-15) & (Rev.22:1-2) Through The Eyes Of A Child
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2009, 07:54:23 PM »
Perhaps, you could explain what you do with the bible if you do not study it.

Dear brother Paul

I am so pleased you put that question to me.

What do I do with my Bible if I don't study it?

The honest truth is, I just read it as I would a beautiful romantic novel, because that is what it is to me. It is romance between man and His Creator in keeping with the Song of Solomon. I have read it cover to cover over and over again lierally hunreds of times, and at each reading new light is revealed, now it has become a such part of me that I have little need to read it, but only use it as a Holy Reference Book to ensure that when I quote a Scripture it is exactly as the Word of God says and nothing else.

The Bible to me is a Holy Reference Book and a Holy History Book of ancient and modern times in one. It is NOT a STUDY book to delve into areas that Almighty God has excluded man from by a specific Royal command, "But as for you, Daniel, CONCEAL these words and SEAL UP the book until the end of time; many will go back and forth, and knowledge will increase." I humbly obey that command.

That, brother, is what I do with my Bible.

I hope that answers your question? 

Love is of God……. Love is God……. This comes to all in love

Roy   (UK)

Roy Monis

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2009, 08:28:52 PM »
Hey Roy . . .
Not sure where you picked up on it at, but you're right, I'm a preacher.  But I'm not a "seasoned" one by way of university. 

I agree with all of your principles you've shared here . . .perhaps it's just the wording that causes the desire for clarifications.

Dear brother Nathan

Thank you and God bless you.

I was going to say I discerned that you were a preacher, but that would be wrong as discernment is from the Spirit and I don't think this was from that source, so let me say I guessed it.

Please tell me what part of my wording causes confusion and I will, with God's help, try to clarify it for you? I cannot do much if I don't know what I'm required to clarify.

Roy   (UK)

Roy Monis

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2009, 09:36:52 PM »
Knowledge of the written word leads you to truth, experience in the Living Word ushers that Truth into you.  We're saying the same things again.

Dear brother Nathan

That is absolutely true and I agree with it wholeheartedly.

There is only one knowledge and that is the knowledge of God our Creator. He is the source of all knowledge and wisdom. All things were created by Him and belomg to Him, they are only on loan to us while we are on earth for our survival. "All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being." (Jn.1:3). And there is only one truth and He is that truth, and that truth leads to salvation, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. (Jn.14:6).

Roy   (UK)

Offline onlytruth

« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2009, 03:50:48 AM »
Hi Roy...everything comes by the spirit of God....and it is only when our spirit is quickened that we understand it ...this is what gives life!!
So when you keep insisting "not to study" or "not to use our intellect"...you are repeatedly trying to MAKE us understand...but only the spirit gives us that at the right time;  so my take on it is...give the word, and let it rest where it will rest.
Enjoy the life God has given us!
blessings :icon_king:

Roy Monis

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2009, 01:22:55 PM »
So as great as the story is that you're sharing, it's a story from a day of laboring minds, the peace is in the Sabbath story . . .where the emphasis is no longer on "doing" works of light to project your relationship with the Father to others, but it's simply on "being" light . . .letting the light that's in you simply manifest through you . . .no works required anymore.

Dear brother Nathan

In order to project a relationship with the Father one must of necessity do the works of faith that the Father demands so that the light within can be manifested through us. Without the works of faith the light is extinguished and all relationship with the Father goes with it. So the works of faith is not the product of a labouring mind, but of peace and tranquillity, the peace and tranquillity that can only come through a close relationship with His Son, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ; "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful." (Jn.14:27). So it's wrong for you to say that my story is one of a labouring mind and it's very misleading to say that works are no longer required. Faith without the works is dead; "Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself." (Jas.2:17).

As I've said before and I say it again 2Peter1:3-11 makes this more than abundantly clear. In fact I'd go as far as to say that salvation can only come through this channel, the constant practice of the works of faith toward perfection. With that mindset our relationship with the Son is perfected and He leads us to the Father -Salvation. "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." (Jn.14:6).

God bless you

Roy   (UK)

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2009, 05:25:55 PM »
Let me put it this way . . .I beleive we should live life from the realm of rest, not from a laboring mind.  I do believe the mind does play a role, but I think that it's a role submissive to the spirit, not dominant over spiritual matters.  The mind has preconceived boundaries and limitations, it doesn't have the ability to comprehend spiritual truth in and of itself.  It requires the intervention of the Spirit of God . .but the intervention can only manifest when my mind is in submission to my spirit . . .and even then, "intervention" may be too strong a word.  It's simply the order of life.  Spirit takes precedence over soul and body . . .if soul supercedes spirit, then the alignment is off and the spiritual flow is stopped as a result.  Mind requires knowledge, spirit requires faith.

Faith without works is dead . . .sigh . . . the message there was not to emphasize works only . . .for me, it's saying "I don't do what I do in order to receive faith . . .I do what I do because faith is manifesting through me . . ."  Requiring Scriptural proof for one's belief is not faith . . .it's knowledge.  Knowledge of Scripture "leads to" faith, but faith doesn't require proof of anything.  If it did, it wouldn't be faith.

We've been programmed to focus on the works of others and of ourselves as evidence that faith exists.  And by those works, we then judge whether or not the other meets our standard of what a Christian should be. Who am I to judge another?  Am I not to work out my own salvation?  If by grace I am saved, then what right do I have in pointing my finger and telling another they are right or they are wrong . . .where's the grace in that?

I see Scripture much like a school book . . .the reason a verse can speak so differently to different individuals is due to one's level of maturity of relationship with the Father.  A teenager will have a much different understanding than an adult . . .no one is wrong in their renderings, they're just at different places of maturity.  And no one should be condemned or looked down upon for their positions in relationship with the Father . . .we don't condemn teenager's for acting and thinking like teenagers . . .we don't say they are wrong for being a teenager, we simply recognize them for what they are.  Should they be offended for "being" a teenager?  No.  And if I am viewed as an adolecent spiritually, then I shouldn't be judged and condemned for it. 

I'm sorry you disapprove of my comments, but I've never accused you to be wrong and I'm right, I'm simply commenting on what I see from my point of view.  And from my point of view, there are things you've shared that I am in total agreement with, and other things you've shared that still appear to come from a laboring mind . .. Don't let me be an offense to you . . .it's just my observations, nothing more.

Roy Monis

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2009, 06:51:14 PM »
For me, the passage you quoted is also about spiritual maturity.  For those who embrace the literal understanding, apply only the moral values and continue to struggle and reject the spiritual (inward) patterns that lie beneath the surface of the written word are not "wrong" as much as they are simply in a different level of maturity in their relationship with Christ.  When I was spiritually younger, my language was all about ministarial activities.  The laborings of the church, the necessity and emphasis on the gifts, the works-based, warfare-thinking mind . . .all of that, as far as I'm concerned is where 'when I was a child, I spoke as a child" comes into play.

Dear brother Nathan

I sense, my brother, that I have given cause for some hurt here, it was not intended. I apologize! When Scripture is quoted that's how it can appear. The Spirit convicts without measure.

Let us see what that Scripture is saying; "....bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part; but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away." 1Cor.13:7-10). These are all spiritual gifts, there is no mention of any physical labour based works of the church, or as you out it, the welfare thinking of the carnal mind. That thinking is of the carnal mind interpreting the spiritual.

It is talking about the greatest gift that man can receive from God - LOVE, which is Himself GOD. He is also talking about the lesser gifts of the Spirit, prophesy, tongues, knowledge and all other minor gifts in relation to the one major gift of Love; "Are you the teacher of Israel and do not understand these things? Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen, and you do not accept our testimony. If I told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?" (Jn.3:10-12)

"He who has the bride is the bridegroom; but the friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly because of the bridegroom's voice. So this joy of mine has been made full. He must increase, but I must decrease. (Jn.14:29-30) Here John the Baptist is saying that when the Bridegroom arrives, all the labouring of the lesser gifts - the friend of the Bridegroom, childish things – must be put aside and decrease, so that when the Bridegroom takes control, He can increase giving of Himself abundantly, that is, spiritual things, to be shared with all. , "These things I have spoken to you while abiding with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you. (Jn.14:25-26)   

That's how I see that verse brother not as the gifts of a works-based warfare thinking mind. That is the mind of the child. My thinking is based purely and simply on Love.

When that gift comes, then all else ceases to serve any useful purpose. God is supreme, He speaks, we listen and receive His Word, then do His bidding, of which, one is to share and that is what we are all doing right here.

Roy   (UK)

Roy Monis

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2009, 08:57:28 PM »
To "warn" another of their activity in their relationship is focusing on one's personal laboring to maintain the relationship.  But instead, if our message is to simply encourage others to pursue Christ and plant our own experiences in our quest for him along the way, like the revelational things we see in Scripture aside from the traditional learnings . . .for me, is much more beneficial than evoking fear through warning about a possible distraction.

Truth be told, the one you are warning us from . . .the devil, Satan . .all of that . .. as far as I'm concerned is us in the first place.  Devil = Traducer  . . .Satan = Adversary . . .both of these definitions give explanation to the carnal mind of every man.  My worst enemy is not some invisible spirit or entity that has hoards of little invisible imps at the ready to attack me at every corner . . .my worst enemy is my own mind.  When I subdue that, I become the conquorer Scripture speaks about . .because that battle has already been won . . .and it wasn't by me, it was by the Son.

Dear brother Nathan

You fail to see what I am getting at.

I am not trying to frighten anyone or any such thing, and it is wrong of you to suggest such. What I have received to share is controversial and I don't expect everyone to accept it, but if one carefully examines the facts I've presented they will or should see it.

All that my message is saying is that, studying the Word of God is wrong, it is blasphemy, it is a direct challenge to Almighty God's authority and our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ's sole right to worthiness and the key to open what he (man) is trying to open in opposition to the Father's specific command.

To do such a blasphemous thing is to play into the hands of the Devil, Transducer, Satan, Adversary or whatever else you wish to call him. And if that puts fear into anyone, so be it. If it does cause them concern then the Spirit is convicting them, if it doesn't they will take no notice and continue in their old way. That is no concern of mine, I have said it before and I'll repeat it "I am not one of those crazy soul savers." We are commissioned to spread the message we receive only, just as we are doing here, and not to use our intellect to impose it on anyone else. That is the jurisdiction of the Holy Spirit and He will do the rest Himself without our help, by convicting those He chooses.
The Lord, through mercy and grace has not given me a powerful enough intellect so as to impose my beliefs on anyone else, praise God.

If you have Love, brother, and the peace and tranquillity that our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ left us with, then trifling little things like invisible imps and spirit entities won't enter your mind, because God occupies it leaving no room in the inn for them, if you get what I mean? Our Lord says so and I for one believe Him; "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful. (Jn.14:27). Is that assurance not good enough for you?

My message comes in love not to spread unnecessary fear, if anyone wants that they must enrol in the hell gang, this is the wrong place.

Love is of God……. Love is God……. This comes to all in love [/move

Roy  (UK)

Roy Monis

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2009, 11:47:25 PM »
Hi Roy...everything comes by the spirit of God....and it is only when our spirit is quickened that we understand it ...this is what gives life!!
So when you keep insisting "not to study" or "not to use our intellect"...you are repeatedly trying to MAKE us understand...but only the spirit gives us that at the right time;  so my take on it is...give the word, and let it rest where it will rest.
Enjoy the life God has given us!

Dear brother onlytruth

I fully appreciate what you are saying and they are very valid points, but let me put it this way.

If that is what you believe I am about, that is up to you. I am not trying to MAKE any one understand my point of view. I am just delivering a message that I sincerely believe I have been given, and I am simply sharing it, as I have been commanded to do; "For you are not being sent to a people of unintelligible speech or difficult language, but to the house of Israel, nor to many peoples of unintelligible speech or difficult language, whose words you cannot understand. But I have sent you to them who should listen to you; yet the house of Israel will not be willing to listen to you, since they are not willing to listen to Me. Surely the whole house of Israel is stubborn and obstinate."  (Ezek.3:5-7). Are you trying to tell me that the Spirit wasn't "quickening" (as you put it) people's spirit in Ezekiel's day? I say that Ezekiel's message and insistence was the catalyst provided by God and He knew they would take no notice. When man learns to obey God and not blaspheme, the Spirit WILL quicken, if he doesn't then Satan will as he is presently doing in the world outside.

You use the phrase "constantly insisting not to study" that is true, but only in response to the mail I receive where people use that word - study. The Spirit has told me it is a blasphemy and I simply point that out by quoting; "But as for you, Daniel,  CONCEAL these words and  SEAL UP the book until the end of time; many will go back and forth, and knowledge will increase." (Dan.12:4). If you don't believe that Scripture and obey it that is up to you, but don't encourage your fellow brothers and sisters to stumble with messages like that. If you write to me and use that word , I can assure you, you  WILL receive the same, not in anger but in love, because I care.

I have never said not to use your intellect. Intellect is of the world and it is God's gracious provision for man to survive and advance in this world. Intellect is very good, there is nothing whatsoever wrong with using it, I would not be able to do what I am presently doing if I didn't use the small amount of intellect that God has graciously given me, but  NOT to delve into the forbidden ground of His Word. I put it this way to sister Sarah; if you have a licence to drive an automobile (study Satan's seed ) in Satan's domain you cannot expect to be allowed to fly a 747 Jumbo jet (God's word)  with it, now could you? They are worlds apart, so they should be kept apart. So why is man trying to do the impossible and feed the world with lies because that is all he will receive from Satan? But you obviously don't agree, so what is the use of me wasting my time going any further?

Love is of God……. Love is God……. This comes to all in love [/move

Roy   (UK)

Roy Monis

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2009, 04:51:32 PM »
Let me put it this way . . .I beleive we should live life from the realm of rest, not from a laboring mind.  I do believe the mind does play a role, but I think that it's a role submissive to the spirit, not dominant over spiritual matters.  The mind  has preconceived boundaries and limitations, it doesn't have the ability to comprehend spiritual truth in and of itself .  It requires the intervention of the Spirit of God . .but the intervention can only manifest when my mind is in submission to my spirit . . .and even then, "intervention" may be too strong a word.  It's simply the order of life.  Spirit takes precedence over soul and body . . .if soul supercedes spirit, then the alignment is off and the spiritual flow is stopped as a result.  Mind requires knowledge, spirit requires faith

Dear brother Nathan

What do you suppose this thread "Through The Eyes Of A Child." is all about, if not directed at man's preconceived ideas and values. It is these ideas and values that need removing and a new start being made, that is, being Born Again in its true spiritual sense.

Please read this about your ancestor, Moses, whose intimacy with the Spirit of God was greater than anything you or I could ever hope to achieve, and learn true Humility, Obedience and Submission to God's will, and not just what's in your head.

Moses had a higher intellect than any of his day or ours. Being brought up in Pharaoh's palace as the adopted son of his daughter he received the best education in the religion and culture of the most advanced nation in the world of that time. In addition to this, he received the finest education in the religion and culture of his natural heritage Hebrew from his mother who was appointed as his nursemaid.

This man, using his own understanding, thought he was being called by God to help his brethren who were being ill-treated, so he killed one to prove the point. But this action only brought upon him the scorn of his people and the wrath of his adoptive father Pharaoh. As a consequence in fear for his life he fled to the wilderness and tended his father-in-laws flock for the next forty years.

It was then that God, not he, who decided to do something about His nation's plight and called him. The angel of the Lord appeared to him in a blazing fire from the midst of a bush; and he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, yet the bush was not consumed. So Moses said, "I must turn aside now and see this marvelous sight, why the bush is not burned up." When the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, "Moses, Moses!" And he said, "Here I am." Then He said, "Do not come near here; remove your sandals from your feet, for the place on which you are standing is holy ground." He said also, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob." Then Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God. The Lord said, "I have surely seen the affliction of My people who are in Egypt, and have given heed to their cry because of their taskmasters, for I am aware of their sufferings." (Ex.3:2-7).

"Remove your sandals from your feet." The mighty Moses, regardless of his high intellect and worldly knowledge, was being taught the first of four lessons in the religion and culture of His God; HUMILITY AND OBEDIENCE Ask yourself, what does man carry in his sandals other than the physical body? Is not his intellect with all its preconceived ideas and values a part of him?

Then came the shock; "Therefore, come now, and I will send you to Pharaoh, so that you may bring My people, the sons of Israel, out of Egypt." But Moses said to God, "Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the sons of Israel out of Egypt?" (Ex.3:10-11). Moses tried every trick in the book to get out of this dangerous task;
 Moses' Plea …But Pharaoh wants to kill me!            God's Answer …That's true, but that Pharaoh is dead, this a new Pharaoh.     
  Moses' Plea ……The people don't trust me they won't listen!      God's Answer.…..That is true, but there again this is a new generation, they don't know you. Just say to them that, I AM, has sent you for that is My name, and use this sign which I give you as proof.
. Moses'Plea …..But, Lord, I stutter and stammer and they won't understand what I am saying to them, neither will Pharaoh!        God's Answer      That also is true, but there is nothing wrong with your brother Aaron's voice, now is there? He can be your voice.

Moses ran out of excuses and gave up. He was being taught his third lesson in the religion and culture of his God; COMPLETE SUBMISSION TO HIS FATHER'S WILL. . Well this is what God was requiring him to do, divest himself of all his preconceived ideas and values - and he had more of those than you and I put together - and start afresh with Him. Be Born Again. I feel it is time for you to do the same, brother.  IMO

All summed up in a singe phrase; "TRUST IN THE LORD WITH YOUR WHOLE HEART, AND DO NOT LEAN ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING " (Pro.3:5).

But the Lord had not finished with Moses, he had to be taught yet one more vital lesson; The Lord spoke to Moses that very same day, saying, "Go up to this mountain of the Abarim, Mount Nebo, which is in the land of Moab opposite Jericho, and look at the land of Canaan, which I am giving to the sons of Israel for a possession. Then die on the mountain where you ascend, and be gathered to your people, as Aaron your brother died on Mount Hor and was gathered to his people, because you broke faith with Me in the midst of the sons of Israel at the waters of Meribah-kadesh, in the wilderness of Zin, because you did not treat Me as holy in the midst of the sons of Israel. "For you shall see the land at a distance, but you shall not go there, into the land which I am giving the sons of Israel." (Deut.32:48-52).

Moses had now learned the last lesson in the religion and culture of God's kingdom, the result of DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD'S COMMAND.

All summed up in a single phrase; "THERE IS A WAY THAT SEEMS RIGHT TO A MAN, BUT ITS END IS THE WAY OF DEATH." (Pro.14:12 & 16:25)

But I ask you, Why am I quoting Scripture when Nathan only believes in what is in his head and relies on his own understanding. Brother with every post I have sent you I have gone to lengths to back what I am saying with the appropriate Scripture, but when I look at your replies I see no Scriptural quotes only Nathan and what Nathan thinks. I say this in love and mean no offence, but what we are about here is God's Word and not Nathan's. It has left me wondering as to what preaching, is it about God or what Nathan thinks?

Faith without works is dead . . .sigh . . . the message there was not to emphasize works only . . .for me, it's saying "I don't do what I do in order to receive faith . . .I do what I do because faith is manifesting through me . . ."  Requiring Scriptural proof for one's belief is not faith . . .it's knowledge.  Knowledge of Scripture "leads to" faith, but faith doesn't require proof of anything.  If it did, it wouldn't be faith

This is an extraordinary comment Nathan, especially with the …sigh. Do you believe God's Word or not. I quoted just a single line of that Scripture, have you taken the trouble to read all that the Apostle James has to say on the subject not to mention the Apostle Peter's verdict on it? I very much doubt it, as your comment are offensive not to me but to the Scriptures.

Please have more respect for God's Word even if you consider it to be an inaccurate translation or interpretation. Most of the popular Bibles render them virtually the same, so I put my trust in God and believe them and not my own understanding of what they might mean. There are too many meanings that can be put into these Scriptures and claimed to be spiritual, but the real Spiritual meaning hits one like a brick, and then you know it is the TRUTH. 

Roy Monis

« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2009, 05:32:14 PM »
Let me put it this way . . .I beleive we should live life from the realm of rest, not from a laboring mind.  I do believe the mind does play a role, but I think that it's a role submissive to the spirit, not dominant over spiritual matters.  The mind  has preconceived boundaries and limitations, it doesn't have the ability to comprehend spiritual truth in and of itself .  It requires the intervention of the Spirit of God . .but the intervention can only manifest when my mind is in submission to my spirit . . .and even
then, "intervention" may be too strong a word.  It's simply the order of life.  Spirit takes precedence over soul and body . . .if soul supercedes spirit, then the alignment is off and the spiritual flow is stopped as a result.  Mind requires knowledge, spirit requires faith

Dear brother Nathan

What do you suppose this thread "Through The Eyes Of A Child." is all about, if not directed at man's preconceived ideas and values. It is these ideas and values that need removing and a new start being made, that is, being Born Again in its true spiritual sense.

Please read this about your ancestor, Moses, whose intimacy with the Spirit of God was greater than anything you or I could ever hope to achieve, and learn true Humility, Obedience and Submission to God's will, and not just what's in your head.

Moses had a higher intellect than any of his day or ours. Being brought up in Pharaoh's palace as the adopted son of his daughter he received the best education in the religion and culture of the most advanced nation in the world of that time. In addition to this, he received the finest education in the religion and culture of his natural heritage Hebrew from his mother who was appointed as his nursemaid.

This man, using his own understanding, thought he was being called by God to help his brethren who were being ill-treated, so he killed one to prove the point. But this action only brought upon him the scorn of his people and the wrath of his adoptive father Pharaoh. As a consequence in fear for his life he fled to the wilderness and tended his father-in-laws flock for the next forty years.

It was then that God, not he, who decided to do something about His nation's plight and called him.
  The angel of the Lord appeared to him in a blazing fire from the midst of a bush; and he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, yet the bush was not consumed. So Moses said, "I must turn aside now and see this marvelous sight, why the bush is not burned up." When the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, "Moses, Moses!" And he said, "Here I am." Then He said, "Do not come near here; remove your sandals from your feet, for the place on which you are standing is holy ground." He said also, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob." Then Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God. The Lord said, "I have surely seen the affliction of My people who are in Egypt, and have given heed to their cry because of their taskmasters, for I am aware of their sufferings." (Ex.3:2-7).

"Remove your sandals from your feet." The mighty Moses, regardless of his high intellect and worldly knowledge, was being taught the first of four lessons in the religion and culture of His God; HUMILITY AND OBEDIENCE Ask yourself, what does man carry in his sandals other than the physical body? Is not his intellect with all its preconceived ideas and values a part of him?

Then came the shock; "Therefore, come now, and I will send you to Pharaoh, so that you may bring My people, the sons of Israel, out of Egypt." But Moses said to God, "Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the sons of Israel out of Egypt?" (Ex.3:10-11). Moses tried every trick in the book to get out of this dangerous task;
 Moses' Plea …But Pharaoh wants to kill me!            God's Answer …That's true, but that Pharaoh is dead, this a new Pharaoh.     
  Moses' Plea ……The people don't trust me they won't listen!      God's Answer.…..That is true, but there again this is a new generation, they don't know you. Just say to them that, I AM, has sent you for that is My name, and use this sign which I give you as proof.
. Moses'Plea …..But, Lord, I stutter and stammer and they won't understand what I am saying to them, neither will Pharaoh!        God's Answer      That also is true, but there is nothing wrong with your brother Aaron's voice, now is there? He can be your voice.

Moses ran out of excuses and gave up. He was being taught his third lesson in the religion and culture of his God; COMPLETE SUBMISSION TO HIS FATHER'S WILL. . Well this is what God was requiring him to do, divest himself of all his preconceived ideas and values - and he had more of those than you and I put together - and start afresh with Him. Be Born Again. I feel it is time for you to do the same, brother.  IMO

All summed up in a singe phrase; "TRUST IN THE LORD WITH YOUR WHOLE HEART, AND DO NOT LEAN ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING " (Pro.3:5).

But the Lord had not finished with Moses, he had to be taught yet one more vital lesson; The Lord spoke to Moses that very same day, saying, "Go up to this mountain of the Abarim, Mount Nebo, which is in the land of Moab opposite Jericho, and look at the land of Canaan, which I am giving to the sons of Israel for a possession. Then die on the mountain where you ascend, and be gathered to your people, as Aaron your brother died on Mount Hor and was gathered to his people, because you broke faith with Me in the midst of the sons of Israel at the waters of Meribah-kadesh, in the wilderness of Zin, because you did not treat Me as holy in the midst of the sons of Israel. "For you shall see the land at a distance, but you shall not go there, into the land which I am giving the sons of Israel." (Deut.32:48-52).

Moses had now learned the last lesson in the religion and culture of God's kingdom, the result of DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD'S COMMAND.

All summed up in a single phrase; "THERE IS A WAY THAT SEEMS RIGHT TO A MAN, BUT ITS END IS THE WAY OF DEATH." (Pro.14:12 & 16:25)

But I ask you, Why am I quoting Scripture when Nathan only believes in what is in his head and relies on his own understanding. Brother with every post I have sent you I have gone to lengths to back what I am saying with the appropriate Scripture, but when I look at your replies I see no Scriptural quotes only Nathan and what Nathan thinks. I say this in love and mean no offence, but what we are about here is God's Word and not Nathan's. It has left me wondering as to what you are preaching, brother; is it God's Word or is it what's in Nathan's head and what he thinks it should be?

Faith without works is dead . . .sigh . . . the message there was not to emphasize works only . . .for me, it's saying "I don't do what I do in order to receive faith . . .I do what I do because faith is manifesting through me . . ."  Requiring Scriptural proof for one's belief is not faith . . .it's knowledge.  Knowledge of Scripture "leads to" faith, but faith doesn't require proof of anything.  If it did, it wouldn't be faith

This is an extraordinary comment Nathan, especially with the …sigh thrown in. Do you believe God's Word or not? I quoted just a single line of that Scripture thinking you'd take the trouble to read all that the Apostle James has to say on the subject not to mention the Apostle Peter's verdict on it? I very much doubt it you have read these two Scriptures, as your comment is an offence, not to me, but to the Scriptures themselves. Please don't let yourself get carried away with ideas of your own imagination.

Please have more respect for God's Word even if you consider it to be an inaccurate translation or interpretation. Most of the popular Bibles render them virtually the same, so I put my trust in God and believe them and not my own understanding of what they might mean. There are too many meanings that can be put into these Scriptures and claimed to be spiritual, but the real Spiritual meaning hits one like a brick, and then you know it is the TRUTH.  Your opinion is yours, you stick to it and I'll keep mine, fair enough don't you think?

[move] Love is of God……. Love is God……. This comes to all in love [/move

Roy   (UK)