Author Topic: freshly booted from Christian board  (Read 1599 times)

shibboleth

Re: freshly booted from Christian board
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2007, 03:35:55 AM »
Welcome to the road of :grin: ragtag sojourners on our way to the heavenly city. We are all on the journey, none of us has arrived yet. If you fall down we will pick you up. If you cry we will cry with you. If you hurt or are suffering we will hurt and suffer with you. At least that is what has happened to me. And, I hope I have helped others in their pain and suffering too.  :grin:

Redkora

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 04:46:36 AM »
Hello Julz! Welcome to the board. I hope you like it here.

julzabro2

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007, 05:22:08 PM »
Thanks for that, Shibb and Red.... :HeartThrob:

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2007, 08:52:44 AM »
...and have understood for a long time that you really understand?  "Who ever is wise is wise for himself alone." is (approximately) what the Proverb says.  So many are so used to not knowing they think it's arrogance to know.  Many times in 1st John it says, "We know..."  Yes, that should be balanced with, "If any thinks he knows something, he doesn't know anything yet like he ought to know it." (1 Cor)  But wisdom is still the princible thing.  Experience The Spirit the Father is sending in Jesus name as WISDOM!!!
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

RolandJS

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2007, 03:40:40 AM »
I've been banned from a board's inner sanctum back in 2004  :)
So, I understand!
I don't think of myself as a Universalist.
Maybe I need to read the material here and find out...
Have a nice day!  :)

Roland

Offline studier

• Restricted
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2007, 08:31:23 PM »
I found out after being banned. That for the 10 years some of those on the board knew me, they all thought I was a universalist from the beginning. That means 10 years before I was believed Jesus was going to save all, people thought I believed Jesus saved all. They explained that my doctrines left for no other option, when I spoke them later, and they were just biding their time to 'correct' me of this error that would one day occur.

Redkora

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2007, 07:20:56 AM »
Julz, was the forum from which you were banned happened to be called "Last Stop Hell?" The administration there is a bit ban-happy sometimes. I used to post there. Not much in the way of spiritual water for me over there. I've also given up on trying to make the Fundies over there see how their ideology (Hellfire Fundamentalism and everything that goes with it) harms people.

julzabro2

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2007, 04:17:51 PM »
Redkora,

No, it was called CARM....but was similar to the site you described....fulll of fundies. It's funny how their reason for banning UR's was that they think UR's (or this one in particular) are too harsh and that they keep people from coming into the Body of Christ yet they refuse to look at the behavior of other's....like Atheists or even fellow Christians (ESPECIALLY the fundies). As far as, rude behavior there is no group that is ruder, more judgmental and condescending then fundamental Christians.

They started calling me a UR and I didn't know (in detail) what that meant so when I got banned and found out that CARM and someone from THIS site had had an argument leading to the banning of UR's....I had to come here!  :grin:

Offline 97531

• Restricted
  • Truth is Freedom
    • Father's Love Forum
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2007, 04:46:20 PM »
Hey Julz

You and Shibboleth should team up, I sense the same spirit in both of you.

Blessings
My Blog       Father's Love Forum - New
IHWLAMAHOB
Christian Milkshake: Pressed down, shaken together and more than we can hope for

Offline chuckt

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2007, 06:32:35 PM »
while i beleive in salvation of all i dont like the term "universalist"
for one it is very misunderstood in mainstream and also confused with
unitarianism.

also people think universalism teaches all men saved because God is nice.
and there is no ""judgment""

anyway, i have come to desest all labels.

once a label is  put inplace that is the perspective you will read and be read from.

God bless ya julzy!!!

euty/chuckt

Kept

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2007, 06:37:23 PM »
Hey Julz

carm banned all ur folks years ago and accused them of the ones that are so mean spirited while they gave as good as they got and truthfully there were a couple of folks in the ur group that were mean spirited, so what, their camp had more than a few in it. Truth be told I really think ur is the one thing they cant satisfactorily answer against without getting cornered.

That is where I got much of my early teachings from on ur from wonderful brothers like Finelinen when he posted there I gobbeled up his posts and they probably were afraid folks like him that were really wonderful and sharing strong unrefutable meat in their posts without the mean spirit behind them, they were afraid of them imo that they could steer folks into what they believe is heresy.

anyhoo glad you are here

kept

Offline studier

• Restricted
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2007, 06:42:14 PM »
Yep.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 06:44:05 PM by Craig »

julzabro2

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2007, 11:59:30 AM »
Again...great to c u, Chuckt (Euty) :winkgrin:

I believe it probably did happen that way at CARM. When I saw the nasty comments from the supposed rude UR displayed on the CARM site yet none of HIS comments....I wondered....well, what did HE say to instigate that....or why not post what HE said ALSO....?

And, regardless of that, certain fundamental/conservative Christians have a bad name too...for the same reasons. And it has been my experience that their way worse. And a debate is a debate.....right? Yes, it should remain respectful but just because it gets outta hand with one UR, you ban them all while Atheist and other Christian types can say whatever they want???? AND you ban people who don't even know their UR but because they, simply, sound like a UR....you toss em????? A little extreme, I'd say.

Loveroftruth

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2007, 01:30:10 PM »
:eek: Another heretic!!!!

We'd better pray  :grouppray:
After all we've done to keep people walking the straight and narrow  :teaching:
Some are still finding the truth anyway!!!!  :help:
The world must be coming to an end  :clock:
AntiChrist must be coming to power!!  :icon_farao:
They're finding the truth anyway!!!!!  :hammerhead:
What are we going to do????  :omg:
Maybe I should start with a  :welcome:

:Urock:  :first:

:Peace:

I have been awarded the "Heritics T-Shirt"  :mrflo: :mrflo: :mrflo: :mrflo: :mrflo: :mrflo: :mrflo: :mrflo: :mrflo: :mrflo: :mrflo: :mrflo:

Offline studier

• Restricted
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2007, 12:18:23 AM »
Hey Julz, welcome to the Tentmaker fold. Just a bunch of truth seekers doing our best to understand. Sounds like you will fit right in.

John

But what if you already understand.  :cloud9:

Then get ready for the Father to prove to you that you don't. :eeew:

If you think you are unable to understand a gospel Jesus said come from the mouth of children, I think you are way too complicating it. :) If you don't think you will ever understand the truth, then it is fruitless to persue it.

Since we know that we are to persue it, when we know it is simple, then yes, some can already understand. There is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, and the knowledge of the Truth will be revealed in due time. Any who trust in the Lord, will not be ashamed.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 12:21:52 AM by Craig »