Author Topic: freshly booted from Christian board  (Read 1548 times)

julzabro2

freshly booted from Christian board
« on: August 14, 2007, 06:25:25 PM »
I've always called myself a liberal Christian but have been labeled a "Universalist". After being suspended from a certain Christian discussion board...just this morning. I decided to use the time to look into Universalists. What I read here at this site is almost "word for word" things I, myself, have said...much of which were included in the very posts that got me suspended. I didn't know how much I agreed with a universalistic approach to Christianity, but, apparently, I do.

I have been very edified reading the articles given here at this site and am extremely comforted knowing that other's have been given the same Spiritual understanding. There are a handful of other's from the site I was just suspended from that also share in this same Spiritual understanding. Recently, there was a type of explosion when myself and other's, I think, became too bold/too deep. I was amazed at the judgmentalism and condemnation of what we were saying. And, then, I found out...the hard way....that universalism....or anything that even hints of universalism was banned!

I didn't know I was a universalistic person until I was banned for being one! And I'm still leary of labeling myself as a "universalist" but I do know that I agree with this site's beliefs thus far!

I am excited to talk with other's who SEE :thumbsup:

Offline AbbasChild

• Father Judges No One
    • Abba's Child
Re: freshly booted from Christian board
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 06:30:40 PM »
 :welcome:
It is much more possible for the sun to give out darkness than for God to do or be, or give out anything but Blessing and Goodness.- William Law

Man can certainly flee from God... but he cannot escape him. He can certainly hate God and be hateful to God, but he cannot change into its opposite the eternal love of God which triumphs even in his hate. --Karl Barth

Hennessey

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 07:11:08 PM »
Welcome my friend, and after reading of your experience I posted a message sharing one of my many experiences of being banned from a forum. I think you might enjoy it.

http://tentmaker.org/forum/index.php?topic=17.15

Jack

julzabro2

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 10:01:56 PM »
Thank you, Floyd and Hennessey for your warm welcomes!  :icon_biggrin:

martincisneros

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 10:11:48 PM »
 :eek: Another heretic!!!!

We'd better pray  :grouppray:

After all we've done to keep people walking the straight and narrow  :teaching:

Some are still finding the truth anyway!!!!  :help:

The world must be coming to an end  :clock:

AntiChrist must be coming to power!!  :icon_farao:

They're finding the truth anyway!!!!!  :hammerhead:

What are we going to do????  :omg:

Maybe I should start with a  :welcome:

:Urock:  :first:

:Peace:

julzabro2

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 10:15:18 PM »
Thanks, Martincisneros....  :cloud9:

Can I call you Martin?...er no?

martincisneros

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 10:18:03 PM »
Yes, that's okay.  It's "Martin."

I'm in a cheesy mood right now.  :icon_jokercolor:

julzabro2

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 10:46:16 PM »
Okay...Martin...much easier to spell... :winkgrin:

Why so chessy? I, myself, am feelin anxious...I wanna know if there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth here too?

I guess I hafta find the real hot threads here and make some posts!!!  :happygrin:

Offline 97531

• Restricted
  • Truth is Freedom
    • Father's Love Forum
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 10:51:53 PM »
Hi Jul

:welcome:

Weird to think there are others in the world like you eh? Dirty rotten sinners, heretic  :Oops:  :LH:

Martin already covered that  :mblush:

Well you can see here we have smilies with a sense of humor, almost like being born-again eh?

Meet hell  :grave:

Aah what the heck, let me pull this out 4 U

BIC

My Blog       Father's Love Forum - New
IHWLAMAHOB
Christian Milkshake: Pressed down, shaken together and more than we can hope for

martincisneros

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 11:43:16 PM »
Okay...Martin...much easier to spell... :winkgrin:

Why so chessy? I, myself, am feelin anxious...I wanna know if there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth here too?

I guess I hafta find the real hot threads here and make some posts!!!  :happygrin:

I don't know.  I've just had a growing euphoria for a few months now.

I think that the tendency is to only throw out absolute jerks1.  Other than that, the only reason you wouldn't be back is if you got busy, tired, or bored with the present company at the board.

As with any other board that gets a fair amount of traffic, if you ever got bored, just disappear for nearly a month and it'll be 33.3% newbies when you get back in 3 or 4 weeks or so.

If they haven't thrown me out, I don't think you're going to have anything to worry about.

The boards recently went through the battle of Armageddon with technical problems, so you're liable to meet a couple hundred new/old2 folks in another two or three months with people that left when this ship was sinking that don't yet know that everything's back up on better servers than previously.

1 Though I'd previously said that only absolute jerks get banned, I do remember [and need to correct myself about that] that there was one time when things just got a little heated and some folks were only on a 30 day suspension from the boards here.  But as I was intending to say earlier, getting booted altogether from these boards is very rare and hopefully won't happen ever again.
2 Wasn't talking about anybody's age. Just wanted to be brief about the board being around for a while and now we're waiting on many prodigal sons/daughters to come home since we were left behind by them. :icon_jokercolor:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 11:51:54 PM by martincisneros »

julzabro2

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 12:25:56 AM »
Thank you, SeekerSA....it's great to know that there are other heretics besides myself... :icon_jokercolor:

Only what will we debate about?

And, thank you, Martin for that run down. I was curious as to the flow of things here! As I said in the post I left in the thread Hennessey directed me to...I believe more will be coming here from the site I got booted from. Truthfully, I was only suspended but when I found out that the reason for them banning universalism was because they felt that universlaists are always harsh, rude and/or harming possible new believers....I couldn't believe the hypocrasy!!! Now, mind you, at this point I still didn't even know that I was a Universalist or universalistic (is that a word?). I only had a vague idea of what a Universalist was but considering the rudeness, name calling, condescension and judgmentalism from other "Christians" at this site AS WELL AS Atheists....I couldn't believe that Universalists, even those who "hinted" at being, one were the one's getting banned!!!! They actually said even if you "hint" at being a Universalist...?!?!  :mshock:

Anyways, enough of my cryin! I'm edified by all of you here. I thank God for all of you!  :bgdance:

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 06:54:54 AM »
Hey Julzabros.  :welcome:

Funny post Martin, Stay away from those mushrooms in the yard! 

Offline Kratos

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 07:14:49 AM »
Hey Julz, welcome to the Tentmaker fold. Just a bunch of truth seekers doing our best to understand. Sounds like you will fit right in.

John
Send me a Personal message
Seeking a Kingdom whose Builder and Maker is God

martincisneros

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 07:20:32 AM »
But I need 'em for my pizza!! And my soup!!!  And my sandwiches!!!!!

(Just kidding)

I wish this could be bottled for any dry seasons when the Holy Spirit's not quite as tangibly Present for me.

Offline studier

• Restricted
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2007, 09:05:13 AM »
Hey Julz, welcome to the Tentmaker fold. Just a bunch of truth seekers doing our best to understand. Sounds like you will fit right in.

John

But what if you already understand.  :cloud9:

Offline Kratos

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 09:15:11 AM »

John

Then get ready for the Father to prove to you that you don't. :eeew:
Send me a Personal message
Seeking a Kingdom whose Builder and Maker is God

Offline studier

• Restricted
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 09:27:52 AM »

John

Then get ready for the Father to prove to you that you don't. :eeew:

huh?

martincisneros

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 11:37:23 AM »
This is the point where I usually stay out of it, but the Holy Spirit said to chase this one to town, so okay  :happy3:

It's not pride to believe that you've come into the understanding that the Lord would have you to have about all things.  Just means you've embraced your destiny; are crucified and risen with Christ; are committed to the commandment of love; are complete in Christ; and have your mind set on things above, where Christ is seated; that you're no longer a stranger to the CovenantS of promise, but have put off the old man and have put on the new man; that you're no longer tossed to and fro and carried about by every wind of strife; that you're walking conformed to the image of His Son, and are of full age, who by reason of use have their [5 physical] senses exercised to discern between good and evil.

As He is, so am I already in this world.  And yes, I do tread softly in my standing, lest I fall, according to 1Corinthians 10; but in the Name of Jesus, I always take the way of escape from every common temptation; I'm not ignorant of Satan's devises, and I rejoice that God's made all grace to abound towards me so that every messenger of Satan is cast out with my faith in the Word, the Name, and the Blood, and I'm exalted above measure regardless, because I've humbled myself under the mighty hand of God and am rejoicing in my due time having arrived.  Thank God!  I've been delivered from all of these afflictions!!  :cloud9:  :cloud9:  :cloud9:

Offline 97531

• Restricted
  • Truth is Freedom
    • Father's Love Forum
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2007, 02:26:37 PM »
Good post Martin

I witness with ministering to on this topic as this thread has moved focus somewhat.

This is the reason I have moved it here.

Blessings    :icon_king:
My Blog       Father's Love Forum - New
IHWLAMAHOB
Christian Milkshake: Pressed down, shaken together and more than we can hope for

julzabro2

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2007, 03:13:12 PM »
Sorry about talking about my banning in the welcome thread....duhhhh.... :mblush:

Thank you Pierac and John for the warm welcomes! I am glad to be here!  :bigGrin:

I agree with you, Martin, about understanding....if we understand Him it is in THAT that we boast.

Jer 9:24 But let him who glories glory in this,
      That he understands and knows Me,
      That I am the LORD, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth.
      For in these I delight," says the LORD.

Seeker

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2007, 03:43:36 PM »
Welcome Julz  :bigGrin:

SeekerRuth

julzabro2

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007, 04:00:22 PM »
Thank you, SeekerRuth! I am happy to be here!  :happy3:

Offline Tony N

• Bronze
    • Saviour of All Fellowship
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2007, 05:33:13 PM »

Welcome into the club of the Booted From Ignorant "Christian's" Message Boards of the World.

Consider it an honor.

The apostle Paul would not last but a day on any of them also.

I also don't like the tag "Universalist" but would rather have a tag "believer." Most "Christians" today are what I call paganized. In fact, I'd go so far as call them pagans. Not all, of course, but the majority are pagans.
Christianity worships a god based upon faulty translations i.e. one who eternally tortures humans. It worships the self as well since they made all the right decisions and it is they who can make their god do what they want him to do. So they deify themselves and deify their god.

It is best that God took you out of their environment of doctrines of demons anyway, right?
Tony
Just because God says He will save all mankind
does not necessarily mean He won't.

julzabro2

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2007, 06:37:55 PM »

Welcome into the club of the Booted From Ignorant "Christian's" Message Boards of the World.

Consider it an honor.

The apostle Paul would not last but a day on any of them also.

I also don't like the tag "Universalist" but would rather have a tag "believer." Most "Christians" today are what I call paganized. In fact, I'd go so far as call them pagans. Not all, of course, but the majority are pagans.
Christianity worships a god based upon faulty translations i.e. one who eternally tortures humans. It worships the self as well since they made all the right decisions and it is they who can make their god do what they want him to do. So they deify themselves and deify their god.

It is best that God took you out of their environment of doctrines of demons anyway, right?
Tony

I agree whole heartedly  :HeartThrob:

Amen!

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2007, 06:59:06 PM »
It's not pride to believe that you've come into the understanding that the Lord would have you to have about all things.  Just means you've embraced your destiny; are crucified and risen with Christ; are committed to the commandment of love; are complete in Christ; and have your mind set on things above, where Christ is seated; that you're no longer a stranger to the CovenantS of promise, but have put off the old man and have put on the new man; that you're no longer tossed to and fro and carried about by every wind of strife; that you're walking conformed to the image of His Son, and are of full age, who by reason of use have their [5 physical] senses exercised to discern between good and evil.

Hi Martin.
Amen.
Taffy
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.