Author Topic: For Taffy  (Read 622 times)

truthseeker

For Taffy
« on: September 25, 2007, 01:29:34 AM »
Hi Taffy, I might have known you were Welsh with a name like that. Hope you are not my old Teacher from school :laughing7:.

Just been watching that try by Gareth Edwards, you know the one he scored against the All Blacks for the Barbarians in `72 I think

I`m a rugby fan but not avid. I prefer Football, the better game!! Ironic that you should ask about Ben Cohen today,if you havent heard yet, Saints has just anounced today that he`s buying himself out of his contract, dont know whewre he`s going to. There was talk of  Leicester Tigers up the road :thumbdown: When you say a forest girl, do you mean she`s a Nottm Forest fan?

My name is Dev by the way and  as you can see i`m a newbie to this forum. My wife and I (Notice how royal sounding  I am :icon_king:) came to the knowledge of God`s wonderful plan of restoring all his creation to himself about 2 years ago.

Good to meet fellow Brits in the forum who has seen the folly of eternal torment. No doubt about it, the Holy Spirit led me here. I look forward to learning what He Teaches.

blessing
truthseeker
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 07:55:25 PM by SeekerSA »

Offline Taffy

• Gold
Re: For Taffy
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 01:08:29 PM »
Quote from: truthseeker
Hi Taffy, I might have known you were Welsh with a name like that. Hope you are not my old Teacher from school .

Just been watching that try by Gareth Edwards, you know the one he scored against the All Blacks for the Barbarians in `72 I think

I`m a rugby fan but not avid. I prefer Football, the better game!! Ironic that you should ask about Ben Cohen today,if you havent heard yet, Saints has just anounced today that he`s buying himself out of his contract, dont know whewre he`s going to. There was talk of  Leicester Tigers up the road  When you say a forest girl, do you mean she`s a Nottm Forest fan?

My name is Dev by the way and  as you can see i`m a newbie to this forum. My wife and I (Notice how royal sounding  I am ) came to the knowledge of God`s wonderful plan of restoring all his creation to himself about 2 years ago.

Good to meet fellow Brits in the forum who has seen the folly of eternal torment. No doubt about it, the Holy Spirit led me here. I look forward to learning what He Teaches.

blessing
truthseeker

Hi Dev, Ive relocated your last post to your introduction thread.

Nice to meet you matey.

No matey im for sure not your old Tutor..Timber is my business.

lol..one of the BEST trys ever by wee Gareth for the Ba Bas.

So Big Ben has bought himself out...me thinks he doesnt like the thought of playing lower league rugger this season. :icon_flower:

As for footy...likewise..although Rugby was Paramount in Welsh Schools, especially when your sport tutors were Brynmor Williams( British Lion78) and Brian Price(.Welsh Captain 68)..Rugby first and foremost

Ive been an Arsenal fan for some 38 yrs...but still watchout for the Bluebirds everySaturday ,..in my early days my Grandfather , Dad used to go to Ninean Park ..they were both Big City fans.

As for Tracey , my dear wife...meaning she was Born In the Royal Forest of Dean here in Gloucester...

Great news to hear another Brit be led to understand Christ ..savior of ALL...awesome Dev, I hope you hang about here and enjoy what your led to Understand.

look forward to to talking more to you.

Every Blessing
Taffy aka Graham
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 01:16:24 PM by Taffy »
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

truthseeker

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 06:12:53 PM »
Hi there again Graham,

Thanks for sorting my post in the right box. were you a postie once? :grin:.

So you are a lumberjack then? A tree feller! i hear you guys always work in threes; tree fellers!!...sorry.

No, what it was with  Ben Cohen or baby Ben, as some call him, is that he was a wee bit peeved, to say the least, at not being made captain this season. Himself and Steve"Wally" Thompson were the two local lads and when Steve retired he felt he`d automatically  become captain.So it`s kinda throwing toys out of his pram.

Strangely enough, like you, but on a smaller scale in that you would not have heard of him. My rugger master also played the game for Saints while  still teaching.

At this moment I`m thinking if i should be writing to you having just read that you are a gooner, a gooner???!!! I dont believe it, you must be a similar age to me as I`ve been a fan of the Current Champions for...you wont guess it...38 yrs. I follow the Cobblers and listen for their results (dont watch them) but am an avid Red though no longer a season ticket holder.

chat later, many blessings to you and yours

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 05:14:50 PM »
Hi Dev.

he ha!...a sense of humour..nice one. :laughing7:

nah Matey ...no lumber jack....Garden Finesse or checkout WOODYS Garden Store on EBAY, Garden structures.

Lol as For Ben..I do now recall reading that sometime back...shame about Steve Thompsons Injury, mind you he could never Throw a Ball and hit his target...i did here he was a Flanker in his early Days.

What was your old tutors name?

A Red Devil egh?...gee ill tell ya story, when Our two girls were 10 and 12 respectively I ( along with My Wife)managed the local Girls footy Team...and guess who they supported..Yep...Those at Old Trafford... if you have Children? could you imagine Buying two ARSENAL :Shoot: or even Liverpool Kits for their birthdays :swordfight:...

At least Our Boys are Loyal to their Father :laughing7:

catch ya Matey :icon_flower:
Blessings
Taffy

Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.