Author Topic: Filled with the Holy Spirit!  (Read 1768 times)

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
Filled with the Holy Spirit!
« on: September 09, 2008, 09:25:52 PM »
Just what does it mean when our scriptures talk about being filled with the Holy Spirit? Please take some time to describe how this takes place, are we actually filled with some sort of "ghostly"  being? Or is it something else? Is it just an emotional experience or a actual physical change? 

Paul

Offline studier

• Restricted
Re: Filled with the Holy Spirit!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 10:21:19 PM »
To be filled with the spirit of giving, means you are a giving person.
To be filled with the spirit of anger, means you are an angry person.

The Holy Spirit, is the spirit of God.

If you are filled with the spirit of God, it means you are a godly person.

So what is the definition of godly?
1. a) conforming to the laws and wishes of God; devout; pious.
    b) coming from God; divine.

etc.

The Holy Spirit is also a guarantee of something better to come a seal of promise.

It also comes with power, and I have many stories of myself and others I know operating out of this power and doing some pretty cool things.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 11:05:34 PM by SOtW »

martincisneros

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 10:43:53 PM »
A lot of the definitions that Christians have of it are in reaction to extremes within the Pentecostal movement.  So, a lot of people will say that it's about love rather than about the simple baptism with power that it really is.  A lot of people will say that it's the power to have godly character and while perhaps if you mix the power with faith you can experience some of those changes in your character, far too many people have horror stories about Pentecostal Christians, healing evangelists, etc. where they were real characters alright!

Ideally, it's the power to share the Gospel with others in a supernatural demension where signs and wonders are following your testimony.  That grows out of the speaking in other tongues.  The speaking in other tongues is the door to the other manifestations of the Holy Spirit.  The more that I personally pray in other tongues, then in direct proportion I have greater manifestations of discerning of spirits, word of wisdom, word of knowledge, interpretation of tongues, gifts of healings, workings of miracles, other types of prophetic utterances, visions, dreams, and diverse kinds of tongues.  The private devotional form of tongues sorta gives birth to those times when you'll ""accidentally"" blurt out something in other tongues that'll be understood by someone understanding that language or in a form where there's tongues and interpretation of tongues, etc.

The biggest part of the importance of the baptism with the Holy Spirit is both the relief you can bring to others with the times of refreshing that you're able to bring them from the Presence of the Lord, and that being lead by the Lord is sooo much easier.  The Scriptures become MORE PRECIOUS when you're really filled with the Holy Spirit 'cause it's practically the Author Himself reading them through your eyes.

It's the opening up of the spiritual realm to you, so sometimes the attacks on the negative side of the spectrum are much more intense 'cause you're more dangerous to the devil when you can bypass your intellect and what your brain knows and speak directly from your spirit to God about all that's going on in your life and in the life of others that you know WITHOUT INACCURACY.  If I start praying in other tongues for you right now, it'll be all up in all of your business, detail by detail, whether or not our heavenly Father ever allows me to have the interpretation for my mind and for anything applicable to share with you.  It's praying the perfect will of God at all times and giving thanks well when you're functioning in what some would call the private devotional form of speaking in other tongues.  There's nothing like it.  It's worth pursuing.  It brings a new demension of the Presence of God into your life.

It basically winds up taking the same heat from other Christians as UR, so on the persecution level you're probably already used to some of that :laughing7:  None of the ministers that are on television today that really take a whole lot of heat, even from some UR folks, function without the baptism with the Holy Spirit.  If there were no baptism, then there'd be no talk of the supernatural in their meetings and the persecution's over with about the anecdotal evidence that some will bring against the Holy Spirit that someone got prayed for and died anyway.  Where there are no greater expectations, then where's the beef?  Someone got prayed for and died.  Big deal, right?  So, some of the heat that many of them are taking winds up being a form of validation 'cause they wind up taking more heat than the local pastor would have who wasn't baptized with the Holy Spirit and simply gave "last rites/rights" or whatever.

It's the ability to wage a good warfare, in St. Paul's way of describing it.  1Corinthians 14 says that you give thanks well, but the other person isn't edified if you don't say something in their language.  It's just an extra-demension of the Holy Spirit that most Christians long for anyway, but many don't realize that this is what it's going to look like if they really wanna go there.  All Christians have the Holy Spirit, but the Holy Spirit doesn't have all Christians, if that makes any sense.  Not sure how to say that in a clearer way.

It's a deeper demension of yeilding to the Holy Spirit day by day.  That's probably the best way that I can describe it.  People get fixated on power, the results that'll accompany it as you're taking the Gospel to others in a context where it's going to be believed, etc.  But the Spirit-filled life is really the life of continual surrender on the deepest levels possible for a human being to the Holy Spirit.  You become more aware of the Holy Spirit as a Person.  He's more real to me than you'd be if you were in the same room with me.  If I hugged you, the Holy Spirit would still be more real to me.  It takes your worship time into a whole other, deeper level.

Some books get into all of the debates as to whether it's actual power or enabling when it's really both.  Sharing the Word becomes easier 'cause so often there will be more flashes of it not being you that's speaking, but Him.  It's essentially a whole new door that opens to you, but you still have to decide to take each step daily expecting Him to be there and to lead and train you into how to make the greatest impact possible on people for Jesus Christ. 

Again, some of the mental and emotional and other types of persecution can intensify sometimes and as with all persecution, it's just for seasons, but you wind up taking much closer, much deeper looks into the 2Corinthians 3 mirror.  I said earlier that it wasn't about character or love, although none of the power works without love and solid character, but at the same time I sincerely believe that in talking about the 2Corinthians 3 "being transformed from glory to glory" that there does come a point in every single believer's life where they will not be able to get the rest of the way without the baptism with the Holy Spirit.  Ultimately the baptism does become a vision issue 'cause the baptism is a bigger mirror, using the 2Corinthians 3 analogy:

17 Now the Lord is that spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is libertie. 18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glasse the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image, from glorie to glorie, euen as by the spirit of the Lord. (2Cor 3:17-18 KJV 1611)

The book of Acts draws attention to boldness being a part of being filled with the Holy Spirit.  It says a time or two that when they were filled again with the Holy Spirit (I'm thinking Acts 4) that they spoke the Word of God with boldness afterwards.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 10:46:36 PM by martincisneros »

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 12:32:04 AM »
Its the recognition of whats always BEEN, but hidden behind the Veil,..The essence of our TRUE Identity being revealed from within...The POWER of GOD within...The Mystery of what Paul reveals through out the epistles....tis called LIFE.

:icon_flower:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 12:44:21 AM by Taffy »
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Loveroftruth

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 04:18:24 AM »
Its the recognition of whats always BEEN, but hidden behind the Veil,..The essence of our TRUE Identity being revealed from within...The POWER of GOD within...The Mystery of what Pauls reveals through out the epistles....tis called LIFE.

Mickiel

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 05:32:54 AM »
Just what does it mean when our scriptures talk about being filled with the Holy Spirit? Please take some time to describe how this takes place, are we actually filled with some sort of "ghostly"  being? Or is it something else? Is it just an emotional experience or a actual physical change? 

Paul

In my view, its neither kind of experience. Its not being filled with a ghost being, and has nothing to do with emotion. It is being baptised by Gods Fire. And there is nothingelse that it is.

But  people have what I call " The Frog Syndrome", they think that having the Holy Spirit, is like God doing something to them, that turns them into a new creature. In the fairy tale, the princess kissed the frog and it turned into a prince. A true romance story. This is how people view having the Holy Spirit. But instead of being turned into new creatures, we still have a bunch of frogs, acting as if, speaking like, they are not frogs.

Still have a bunch of sin laden humans, claiming to have Gods Spirit. And I think this comes from not knowing what it is really like to have Gods Spirit. And I think that example is yet to come.

And when it comes, it will come with Power, like it did in the book of Acts. And it will hit and bathe everyone that it is destined to, at the same time, not here a little, there a little, as many believe it to have occured.

And the evidence of the Giving of the Spirit, is NOT the person! Its God! Humans are not the proof of the Spirit, the Spirit bears witness of itself. When a human bears this witness, I myself wouldnot trust that.

Peace.

Mickiel

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 08:22:46 AM »
[quote author=Mickiel
And the evidence of the Giving of the Spirit, is NOT the person! Its God! Humans are not the proof of the Spirit, the Spirit bears witness of itself. When a human bears this witness, I myself wouldnot trust that.

Peace.
[/quote]

This is a subject that highly intrest me, and I make comments on it because of the intrest, not to dispute what others claim to have. Lets just put it this way; Lets just say its alright to ask someone to prove that they have Gods Spirit. I am interested in the proof, or your way of proving it. Will you list things about yourself? Are you then the proof? Okay, lets have that, if you will give it. Lets just say you give change of characther as a proof. Or miricles, or emotional experiences. Or a vision of sorts, or a list of knowledge that you have obtained.

Now let me compare your experience, to that of Jesus experience, shown in the bible. The Spirit appeared in the form of a dove, and it came upon Jesus, and God had it spoken that this was his Son. It was God that confirmed it, not Jesus himself. It was God that set it up, it was God who sent the Spirit down, it was God who created the display and all events leading up to it.

What did the Holy Spirit do to Jesus? Did it change him? Did it place him into a church? Did it cause him to speak in tounges? Did it cause him to act differently? You look to see for yourself these answers. The Holy Spirit didNOT change Jesus, didNOT cause him to speak in tounges, didNOT place him into a church, didNOT cause him to act differently. It didNOT change his knowledge!

So what did it do to him? It fulfilled a promise of God! The focus was on God. It was God who spoke, not Jesus tounge. It was God doing something different, not Jesus. It was Gods knowledge being uplifted, not Jesus. It was God manifesting Jesus, not some church.

And the proof of all these things, have never been accepted by men as a whole, because the proof is not invested in men. When the proof of the Holy Spirit is invested in men, and men must prove it, then they must walk as Jesus walked, talk as Jesus talked, live as Jesus lived, and die as Jesus died. Or is there another way that I am unaware of? No, the proof is not invested in men, its ALWAYS invested in God.

Peace.

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 01:57:22 AM »
Hi Mickiel,

Here's a little information I pulled from Baixeras works on the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is is simply the presence and power of God Himself. The Holy Spirit is how God extends His presence and power to His creation. Psalm 139: 7 states:

"Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?"

[COLOR="blue"]God's presence, comes to us as His Spirit.[/COLOR] This is what it means to have fellowship with the Spirit of God. It means to have fellowship with God. [COLOR="blue"]So why not just say God in all instances instead of Holy Spirit?[/COLOR] In order to answer that question we must first understand what "spirit" means.

Vine's Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words defines the Hebrew word "spirit" as:

spirit : 1. breath of life. 2. mind set, of one's mind or thinking.

The Bible refers to the Holy Spirit as God's Spirit or the Spirit of God. It is the Spirit (the mind) of the Holy One. When the Holy Spirit comes upon us, in actuality it is the mind (Spirit) of God coming upon us. This is why it can foresee the future and give instructions. 1 Corinthians 2:11 states:

"For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit (mind) within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God," (the mind of God).

The mind of God is the essence of God. It is God. Through God's mind comes His thoughts which are expressed as His word which is His will. The power of God comes from God's will, the reason is because whatever God wills happens. Let us look at creation for an example of this. In Genesis 1:2-3 it says:

"And the Spirit of God moving gently on the face of the waters. Then God said. 'Let there be light,' and there was light."

God's mind (Spirit) swept over the waters. God's mind produced the thoughts of creation which God expressed as a word by saying, "Let there be light." At God's word (His will) His power went into action and the heavens and earth were created.

2 Peter 3:5: "that long ago by God's word  the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water."

Revelation 4:11: "for you created all things, by your will they came into being."

As you can see, word and will are interchangeable. God's word represents his thoughts, which are His will. Sirach 37:16 (a book only in the Catholic Bible) provides us with an excellent example of this thought:

"A word is the source of every deed; a thought, of every act."

Your thoughts are the source of your actions, a word (your will) is your thoughts expressed.

This is the reason why the Bible states that the Spirit of God or the Holy Spirit came to an individual instead of just saying God. In a sense it is almost identical. God's thoughts are God, but it is not God physically. It is His mind. Let me use an analogy in order to explain this a little easier.

Let us imagine that I have the power of telepathy (of communicating my thoughts). I am in Miami and my friend is in New York. I could send my friend a thought for him to turn on the TV and watch the news. He could in effect say that the mind of Juan came to him and told him to turn on the TV, which in effect is me. But it would not be correct for him to say that Juan was here and told me to turn on the TV because I physically was not there. This is the reason for the difference in language.

The Holy Spirit is also considered to be the power of God. Through God's will comes his power.

Luke 1:35: "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the most high will overshadow you."

This verse is sometimes used to imply that the Holy Spirit is just the power of God. But if we read this verse carefully we will see that the Holy Spirit wields the power, it is not itself the raw power. The Holy Spirit possesses the power. The power comes from the mind of the most high, God. Spirit of God = Mind of God. Let us look at some other verses to confirm this idea.

Romans 15:19: "By the power of the Spirit of God, so that from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum I have finished preaching the gospel of Christ."

Romans 15:13: "So that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

Acts 10:38: "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power.

1 Corinthians 2:4-5: "And my proclamation were not with persuasive words of wisdom, but with a demonstration of spirit and power, so that your faith might rest not on human wisdom but on the power of God.

1 Thesalonians 1:5: "For our gospel did not come to you in word alone, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with much conviction."

[COLOR="Blue"]These verses are very clear that the power comes from the Spirit (mind) of God.[/COLOR]

When the Bible speaks of "The indwelling of the Holy Spirit," it is God's Holy Spirit (mind) renewing your mind. [COLOR="blue"]This is why our way of thinking changes when we receive the Holy Spirit.[/COLOR] Through God's mind comes His power.

SUMMARY In conclusion, the Holy Spirit is the mind of the Holy One, God. It is how He communicates with us. It is His presence that brings with it His power. It is not a separate being from God, yet God, anymore than our minds are separate from us. It is the way in which God guides us and teaches us, through His mind. The mind (Spirit) of God is the greatest teacher of all. It taught our Lord Jesus the Christ. Through God's mind His plan for our salvation is revealed to us in His message of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus the Christ. God bless you, and see you at the resurrection!

It is clear that for Paul, the spirit of the LORD is the mind of the LORD. These definitions are crucial in order to understand many verses of the Bible. If you are one in spirit with Jesus it means that you are one in mind with Jesus. That you have the same mind-set, the same disposition, that you think the same as he does. This after all is what a Christian strives for, to try to reach the example of faith that Jesus showed us. To be able to discern the will of God as Jesus did so perfectly. We are told to have the same mind, the same attitude as Christ.

Examples:
1 Corinthians 2:16: "But we have the mind of Christ."

Philippians 2:2: "Complete my joy by being of the same mind, with the same love, united in heart, thinking one thing."

1 Peter 4:1: "Therefore, since Christ suffered in the flesh, arm yourself with the same attitude, for whoever suffers in the flesh has broken with sin, so as not to spend what remains of one's life on human desires, but on the will of God."

Philippians 2:5: "Have among yourselves the same attitude that is also yours in Christ Jesus."

With these definitions we can better understand a verse like

Romans 12:2: "Do not conform yourself to this age but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may discern what is the will of God."

Ephesians 4:23: "And be renewed in the spirit (purpose) of your minds."

2 Corinthians 4:16: "Although our outer self is wasting away, our inner self (spirit i.e. mind) is being renewed day by day."

Colossians 3:9-10: "Stop lying to one another, since you have taken off the old self with its practices and have put on the new self (new mind),which is being renewed, for knowledge in the image of its creator."

Romans 7:6: "Dead to what held us captive, so that we may serve in the newness of the spirit (mind) and not under the obsolete law.

Hebrews 8:10: "I will put my laws in their minds."

2 Corinthians 3:5-6: "Rather, our qualification comes from God, who has indeed qualified us as ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of spirit" (of the mind).

1 Corinthians 7:17: "But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit."

In other words, whoever unites himself with the Lord is one with him in mind, mind-set, attitude, thinking, or in purpose, which are all synonymous. Here are some other examples. Try substituting one of the given definitions where it says "spirit" and you will get a clearer meaning of the verse.

Numbers 5:14: "Or if a man is overcome by a spirit of jealousy."

Galatians 6:1: "Even if a person is caught in some transgression, you who are spiritual should correct that one with the spirit of gentleness."

1 Corinthians 2:12: "We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit that is from God."

Deuteronomy 34:9: "Now Joshua, son of Nun, was filled with the spirit of wisdom."

What does Paul mean when he says "Whoever does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him?"  Are we suppose to have a Greek-type "ghostly" spirit of Jesus living inside of us along with God's Spirit? Are we like a shell housing all these different spirits, our own spirit, God's Spirit, and Jesus' spirit? Of course not. What Paul is saying is that whoever does not have the mind-set or mind of Christ does not belong to him. Remember earlier how it was shown that we are to have the mind of Christ. If we believe his word, his teachings on the kingdom of God we will have the same mind-set as he does, we will be of one mind. This is how Christ is in us. His word, his teachings are in us. When we have Christ in us we have the knowledge of God's plan of salvation (the gospel) for us, our hope for glory. Christ dwells in us through our faith in his words.

John 15:7: "If you remain in me (Jesus) and my words remain in you."

Colossians 3:16: "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly."

Ephesians 3:17: "And that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith."

2 Corinthians 11:10: "By the truth of Christ (his words) that is in me."

Colossians 1:17: "It is Christ in you, the hope for glory."

Ephesians 4:21: "assuming that you have heard of him (Jesus) and were taught in him, as truth is in him."

Colossians 2:6: "So, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, walk in him, rooted in him and built upon him and established in the faith as you were taught."

This is the Jewish meaning of Christ dwelling in us. It is vastly different from the Greek philosophical point of view

Any thoughts on Baixeras' works?

Mickiel

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 03:06:30 AM »
Hi Mickiel,

I find them interesting to a common point of view, but I am not inclinded toward the common as much as I used to be. My understanding on the Holy Spirit began as nothing, then was influenced by the common thoughts on it. I would rather be influenced directly by it, than by someonelses views of it. And that is the personality of the Holy Spirit, it seeks to be personal with you, and wants you only to be personal with it. In that, an interdependance upon it will be built, but it is built from your blindness, so a whole lot of bumping into walls will occur in your introduction to it. Many form their thoughts from those bumps, whereas , if they were a little more patient, they could take their bumps into a more excellent understanding, not trying to rush the sufferings that come from God.

Let me say something, share something, because I know I deflate many who claim Gods Spirit now in their lives, and inflame them to anger. Jesus life is almost an exact pattern of those who are to follow him in the comming years. He was the firstborn, the original, so he remains unique, as his Father is unique. Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit, but it was not IN him, or joined unto him until it came upon him. But it was " With him", all of his human life. With you and in you, holds little difference, but there is a difference. Its just a difference of the power IN you, or availible to you, little difference. Its still there both ways,.

Just as Jesus was conceived from birth by it, any who are called of God, were also conceived by the Spirit. It was there at their birth, and will remain " With them", their entire lives! Any chosen vessel of God, was chosen before they were born, thus the Spirit has been with them from their birth. Guideing EVERY instance of their lives, which will lead to their baptism of the Holy Spirit, at GODS appointed time.

So they are unknowingly " Familuar with the Spirit Already." Its been their " Baby Sitter", so they prenataly claim it as being within them, because they " Sense Something." David said he was influenced by the Spirit from his womb. Jesus was witheld power most of his Life, so shall we, even though we try to claim it now. But it still is avialible to us. Just not in us.

So the Holy Spirit of God is destiny, or Life. And yes, you can say Power, because Life is Power, and Life is one of Gods greatest powers, of the many powers he is blessed with. We already have a form of Life, or a form of the Spirit, its WITH us! But the Life that awaits us, is NOT now in us at its fullest. Its only with us, this life. Its only with us, this Spirit.  And we can only see this in part, but later in full.

So I say to many of you, not to be discouraged at some of the things that I share, the truth is the Spirit has been with you since your birth, not those dates you have instilled within that " Spiritual calender" you have constructed about your lifes history. You think you have pinpointed when the Dove asscended on you. No, no no, it is with you, and was predestined to be with you, cover your nakedness from your moment of life. And thats what you sense, what you feel, what influences you.

Because you very life, all our lives, IS the Spirit of God. The very essence of the Father. Life will live, it will continue, but first it must die and conform to the path of Christ, who first walked it. I tell in my writtings that people do not have Gods Spirit, meaning only it is not in them perminently, but I know it is with you.

And I do not dishonor that, but you need to know the truth, because it will set your thinking free. Then you can know what the Spirit of God is. It is pure LIFE! Its not just power, its far more than Power, its power thats ALIVE!

Peace.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 03:25:30 AM »

Paul

In my view, its neither kind of experience. Its not being filled with a ghost being, and has nothing to do with emotion. It is being baptised by Gods Fire. And there is nothingelse that it is.

But  people have what I call " The Frog Syndrome", they think that having the Holy Spirit, is like God doing something to them, that turns them into a new creature. In the fairy tale, the princess kissed the frog and it turned into a prince. A true romance story. This is how people view having the Holy Spirit. But instead of being turned into new creatures, we still have a bunch of frogs, acting as if, speaking like, they are not frogs.

Still have a bunch of sin laden humans, claiming to have Gods Spirit. And I think this comes from not knowing what it is really like to have Gods Spirit. And I think that example is yet to come.

And when it comes, it will come with Power, like it did in the book of Acts. And it will hit and bathe everyone that it is destined to, at the same time, not here a little, there a little, as many believe it to have occured.

Peace.
Hi M..
One grasps your analogy of FROGS, but scripture indeed ,speak of FROGS as those being of lying spirits, ..ya Know, that TONGUE of the carnlity of man which THINKS it KNOWS,,..IT really has to burn in some FIRE called the LAKE,, :laughing7:;

ya talk of sin ladan humans....just what SIN do you talk of?, anyone who graps scripture KNOWS the flesh is DEAD to SIN...,
we SIN NO more, other than that which IS NOT FAITH...

YOU ERR bro, IN thinking it is YET to come( HOLY SPIRIT) in the manner which you speak of..gee, educated men make me grin for at times they cant see the wood for the TREES,...THAT  carnal grasp we think we CALL KNOWLEDGE, tis a HUGE misconception Dude,..between the KNOWLEDGE of MAN and that BEING THE """"""LIGHT"" of Knowledge....

The SPIRIT ( life) 0f man has always existed within, its JUST not seen nor understood TILL the veil of the HEART is REMOVED,,,tis al HIS DOING matey,...we really dont have much say in the matter...

ya Talk of POWER, what is that which COMES TO US....who is POWER?

« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 03:34:46 AM by Taffy »
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Mickiel

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 03:57:20 AM »
[quote author=Taffy link=

YOU ERR bro, IN thinking it is YET to come( HOLY SPIRIT) in the manner which you speak of..gee, educated men make me grin for at times they cant see the wood for the TREES,...THAT  carnal grasp we think we CALL KNOWLEDGE, tis a HUGE misconception Dude,..between the KNOWLEDGE of MAN and that BEING THE """"""LIGHT"" of Knowledge....
?

[/quote]

Well I understand your disagreement, to each his own revelation, such is the way of dispoensation, you feel I have been dispensated lies. I understand that all too well. Time and the Spirit will just have to play themselves out. I stand wholeheartly on what I have been shown by the Spirit, with no worry about how I am received. If God wants me confused, then confused I will be. But I can only be, what he molds me to be. I refuse to be what  common beliefs in this world offer about Spiritual Life. I reject the common knowledge of God in this world.

I hold no need to be a Prince, I am content in being a Frog. I am what I am, I have not " Turned", there has been no change in me outside of common. I hold no need to live the life of a prince. I am a Frog. A sinner who has an appointment with Grace.

In Romance, many people deceive themselves. They date a Frog and expect it to change into a Prince. Then the Frog pisses on them and they get Warts, then feel as if God has abandoned them, not helped their choice. We do this with Spirituality. We choose a religion, or a way of belief. Eventually that belief pisses on us, and we grow warts, or all kinds of pervereted ways of belief. All because we wanted something to evolve, that WE didnot hold the power to make evolve, or advance on into change.

So we play God unto ourselves, we change the things ourselves, we annoint ourselves, appoint ourselves, not seeing the warts.

Its the Frog Syndrome and the Emporers Robe. Fairy tales that tell the truth on man.

Peace.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 04:09:39 AM »
Each to where they are at In their walk Bro..AMEN!

WES ALL BEEN frogs MATEY...thats FOR SURE.,,but we dont stay there...

cool analogy of ROMANCE,,to that I concur... :icon_flower:..AlAS, God causes US to evolve,..our Mind set changes UNTIL...we see THE CLEAR"""""""""""""""" Light""""""""""""""of """""DAY"""""""""""""""..AND IT AINT re -legion, for WE ARE MANY.... :grin:

Peace Unto you M...WHERE EVER YOU ARE in your WALK.

Mickiel

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 04:21:43 AM »
Quote from: Taffy
Peace Unto you M...WHERE EVER YOU ARE in your WALK.

[/quote

Peace also to you and wherever you may be in your place. I hold no arguement with those in disagreement with me.

My prayer is for you, not against you.

Peace.

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 04:24:49 AM »
Hi Mickiel,

I find them interesting to a common point of view, but I am not inclined toward the common as much as I used to be. My understanding on the Holy Spirit began as nothing, then was influenced by the common thoughts on it. I would rather be influenced directly by it, than by someonelses views of it. And that is the personality of the Holy Spirit, it seeks to be personal with you, and wants you only to be personal with it. In that, an interdependence upon it will be built, but it is built from your blindness, so a whole lot of bumping into walls will occur in your introduction to it. Many form their thoughts from those bumps, whereas , if they were a little more patient, they could take their bumps into a more excellent understanding, not trying to rush the sufferings that come from God.

Mickiel, you stated "I would rather be influenced directly by it, than by someonelses views of it."  Well, would not we all!

However, this is not how it works! Scriptures teaches that Jesus speaks through His body of believers.  Jesus used 'Ray Smith' as part of his body to teach me U.R. Just as He has used others to teach me various other truths. He could have easily just open my eyes with out the aid of others, but He chose to use His body.  Does this mean I have to accept all of Rays' beliefs? In no way, as the Spirit gives discernment too. This way, we can pick the spiritual meat off the bones given to the members of the body.

1Co 13:9  For we know in part and we prophesy in part;

No one will be given it all Mickiel, we can learn much from others within the Body of the Christ.

Paul

Mickiel

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 05:01:09 AM »
Quote from: Pierac link=
[color=blue
Mickiel, you stated "I would rather be influenced directly by it, than by someonelses views of it."  Well, would not we all!

However, this is not how it works! Scriptures teaches that Jesus speaks through His body of believers.  Jesus used 'Ray Smith' as part of his body to teach me U.R. Just as He has used others to teach me various other truths. He could have easily just open my eyes with out the aid of others, but He chose to use His body.  Does this mean I have to accept all of Rays' beliefs? In no way, as the Spirit gives discernment too. This way, we can pick the spiritual meat off the bones given to the members of the body. [/color]

No one will be given it all Mickiel, we can learn much from others within the Body of the Christ.

Paul

Well I understand, such is your experience with God, he uses others to light your way. That is no longer mine, nobody is used to help light my way. I no longer need anyone to help me in those manners. No books, no Ray Smiths, no fellowship from others, just nothing from men. No church, no outside opinions, no inspired words from any annointed person. I in fact have been conditioned not to ever trust in that again.

What has been plugged into me, holds no outside needs. Not that I ignore them, I pay attention to what intrest me, this post intrerst me. The subject intrest me. But God is a jealous God, once he shows you that you need nothing but him in order to understand, it removes the need to honor anything other than him, which is why Jesus never depended on the teachers of his day.

He didnot need them. He went beyond them.

And thats what the Holy Spirit is, one step beyond men.

Peace.

martincisneros

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 05:12:55 AM »
Well I understand, such is your experience with God, he uses others to light your way. That is no longer mine, nobody is used to help light my way. I no longer need anyone to help me in those manners. No books, no Ray Smiths, no fellowship from others, just nothing from men. No church, no outside opinions, no inspired words from any annointed person. I in fact have been conditioned not to ever trust in that again.
Then you're definitely further along than I am.

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 05:32:44 AM »
Quote from: Pierac link=
[color=blue

However, this is not how it works! Scriptures teaches that Jesus speaks through His body of believers.  Jesus used 'Ray Smith' as part of his body to teach me U.R. Just as He has used others to teach me various other truths. He could have easily just open my eyes with out the aid of others, but He chose to use His body.  Does this mean I have to accept all of Rays' beliefs? In no way, as the Spirit gives discernment too. This way, we can pick the spiritual meat off the bones given to the members of the body. [/color]

Paul

Well I understand, such is your experience with God, he uses others to light your way. That is no longer mine, nobody is used to help light my way. I no longer need anyone to help me in those manners. No books, no Ray Smiths, no fellowship from others, just nothing from men. No church, no outside opinions, no inspired words from any annointed person.  I in fact have been conditioned not to ever trust in that again.

What has been plugged into me, holds no outside needs. Not that I ignore them, I pay attention to what intrest me, this post intrerst me. The subject intrest me. But God is a jealous God, once he shows you that you need nothing but him in order to understand, it removes the need to honor anything other than him, which is why Jesus never depended on the teachers of his day.

He didnot need them. He went beyond them.

And thats what the Holy Spirit is, one step beyond men.

Peace.

Well, there is one thing you can be taught, so let me be the first to teach you directly from the spirit. Right click and high light spell checker!  Yes, I accept your gratitude for helping light your way to correct spelling!   :boyheart:
Paul
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 05:34:37 AM by Pierac »

Mickiel

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 05:54:48 AM »
Quote from: Pierac

[color=blue
Well, there is one thing you can be taught, so let me be the first to teach you directly from the spirit. Right click and high light spell checker!  Yes, I accept your gratitude for helping light your way to correct spelling!   :boyheart:
Paul[/color]

Well you got that right. I admit to being a very bad speller. That is, if I can say Speller, and that be spelled correct. I think spelled is the correct spelling of spell. If thats not spelled correct, then kindly excuse my spelling of spelled. I may spell spelled incorrectly. I don't like using spell check, because I need to learn how to spell.

And I have improved greatly, believe me, I have. I asked God to increase my intelligence, and spelling is an important componant of that.

Peace.

Mickiel

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 06:10:30 AM »
Quote from: martincisneros .[/quote
Then you're definitely further along than I am.

Listen Martin, I do not fish for agreement, nor lift myself up, I deal only in truth, both about God, and myself. It is simple truth that I gather from God alone, thats just how it is with me. Its just the truth about my current reality. But that could change at any Godly ordained minute.

It is Gods mentality to train up a child in the way that it should go, this is how God does us. He sticks to it, believes in it. We then are an expression of how God does that. Or should be. He is diverse, Gifted, unable to track percisely in his ways, thus, what he is doing with a person of his intrest, cannot be tracked or judged under normal circumstances.

Not that I am a person of his intrest, but I am not a person seeking to build myself up to others as being that, I simply tell it as it is.

And that is wisdom, telling it as it is.

Peace.

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2008, 04:40:12 AM »
Quote from: Pierac

[color=blue
Paul[/color]

Well you got that right. I admit to being a very bad speller. That is, if I can say Speller, and that be spelled correct. I think spelled is the correct spelling of spell. If thats not spelled correct, then kindly excuse my spelling of spelled. I may spell spelled incorrectly. I don't like using spell check, because I need to learn how to spell.

And I have improved greatly, believe me, I have. I asked God to increase my intelligence, and spelling is an important componant of that.

Peace.

Look here, it's free...

http://www.iespell.com/

My intelligence has increased greatly since finding this site! 

BTW, you misspelled "component"  As my spell checker told me so!  :laughing7:

Paul

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2008, 05:54:03 AM »
Hi Mickiel,

The Holy Spirit is is simply the presence and power of God Himself. The Holy Spirit is how God extends His presence and power to His creation. Psalm 139: 7 states:

"Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?"

[COLOR="blue"]God's presence, comes to us as His Spirit.[/COLOR] This is what it means to have fellowship with the Spirit of God. It means to have fellowship with God. [COLOR="blue"]So why not just say God in all instances instead of Holy Spirit?[/COLOR] In order to answer that question we must first understand what "spirit" means.

Vine's Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words defines the Hebrew word "spirit" as:

spirit : 1. breath of life. 2. mind set, of one's mind or thinking.

The Bible refers to the Holy Spirit as God's Spirit or the Spirit of God. It is the Spirit (the mind) of the Holy One. When the Holy Spirit comes upon us, in actuality it is the mind (Spirit) of God coming upon us. This is why it can foresee the future and give instructions. 1 Corinthians 2:11 states:

"For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit (mind) within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God," (the mind of God).

The mind of God is the essence of God. It is God. Through God's mind comes His thoughts which are expressed as His word which is His will. The power of God comes from God's will, the reason is because whatever God wills happens. Let us look at creation for an example of this. In Genesis 1:2-3 it says:

"And the Spirit of God moving gently on the face of the waters. Then God said. 'Let there be light,' and there was light."

God's mind (Spirit) swept over the waters. God's mind produced the thoughts of creation which God expressed as a word by saying, "Let there be light." At God's word (His will) His power went into action and the heavens and earth were created.

2 Peter 3:5: "that long ago by God's word  the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water."

Revelation 4:11: "for you created all things, by your will they came into being."

As you can see, word and will are interchangeable. God's word represents his thoughts, which are His will. Sirach 37:16 (a book only in the Catholic Bible) provides us with an excellent example of this thought:

"A word is the source of every deed; a thought, of every act."

Your thoughts are the source of your actions, a word (your will) is your thoughts expressed.

This is the reason why the Bible states that the Spirit of God or the Holy Spirit came to an individual instead of just saying God. In a sense it is almost identical. God's thoughts are God, but it is not God physically. It is His mind. Let me use an analogy in order to explain this a little easier.

Let us imagine that I have the power of telepathy (of communicating my thoughts). I am in Miami and my friend is in New York. I could send my friend a thought for him to turn on the TV and watch the news. He could in effect say that the mind of Juan came to him and told him to turn on the TV, which in effect is me. But it would not be correct for him to say that Juan was here and told me to turn on the TV because I physically was not there. This is the reason for the difference in language.

The Holy Spirit is also considered to be the power of God. Through God's will comes his power.

Luke 1:35: "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the most high will overshadow you."

This verse is sometimes used to imply that the Holy Spirit is just the power of God. But if we read this verse carefully we will see that the Holy Spirit wields the power, it is not itself the raw power. The Holy Spirit possesses the power. The power comes from the mind of the most high, God. Spirit of God = Mind of God. Let us look at some other verses to confirm this idea.

Romans 15:19: "By the power of the Spirit of God, so that from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum I have finished preaching the gospel of Christ."

Romans 15:13: "So that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

Acts 10:38: "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power.

1 Corinthians 2:4-5: "And my proclamation were not with persuasive words of wisdom, but with a demonstration of spirit and power, so that your faith might rest not on human wisdom but on the power of God.

1 Thesalonians 1:5: "For our gospel did not come to you in word alone, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with much conviction."

[COLOR="Blue"]These verses are very clear that the power comes from the Spirit (mind) of God.[/COLOR]

When the Bible speaks of "The indwelling of the Holy Spirit," it is God's Holy Spirit (mind) renewing your mind. [COLOR="blue"]This is why our way of thinking changes when we receive the Holy Spirit.[/COLOR] Through God's mind comes His power.

SUMMARY In conclusion, the Holy Spirit is the mind of the Holy One, God. It is how He communicates with us. It is His presence that brings with it His power. It is not a separate being from God, yet God, anymore than our minds are separate from us. It is the way in which God guides us and teaches us, through His mind. The mind (Spirit) of God is the greatest teacher of all. It taught our Lord Jesus the Christ. Through God's mind His plan for our salvation is revealed to us in His message of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus the Christ. God bless you, and see you at the resurrection!

It is clear that for Paul, the spirit of the LORD is the mind of the LORD. These definitions are crucial in order to understand many verses of the Bible. If you are one in spirit with Jesus it means that you are one in mind with Jesus. That you have the same mind-set, the same disposition, that you think the same as he does. This after all is what a Christian strives for, to try to reach the example of faith that Jesus showed us. To be able to discern the will of God as Jesus did so perfectly. We are told to have the same mind, the same attitude as Christ.

Examples:
1 Corinthians 2:16: "But we have the mind of Christ."

Philippians 2:2: "Complete my joy by being of the same mind, with the same love, united in heart, thinking one thing."

1 Peter 4:1: "Therefore, since Christ suffered in the flesh, arm yourself with the same attitude, for whoever suffers in the flesh has broken with sin, so as not to spend what remains of one's life on human desires, but on the will of God."

Philippians 2:5: "Have among yourselves the same attitude that is also yours in Christ Jesus."

With these definitions we can better understand a verse like

Romans 12:2: "Do not conform yourself to this age but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may discern what is the will of God."

Ephesians 4:23: "And be renewed in the spirit (purpose) of your minds."

2 Corinthians 4:16: "Although our outer self is wasting away, our inner self (spirit i.e. mind) is being renewed day by day."

Colossians 3:9-10: "Stop lying to one another, since you have taken off the old self with its practices and have put on the new self (new mind),which is being renewed, for knowledge in the image of its creator."

Romans 7:6: "Dead to what held us captive, so that we may serve in the newness of the spirit (mind) and not under the obsolete law.

Hebrews 8:10: "I will put my laws in their minds."

2 Corinthians 3:5-6: "Rather, our qualification comes from God, who has indeed qualified us as ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of spirit" (of the mind).

1 Corinthians 7:17: "But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit."

In other words, whoever unites himself with the Lord is one with him in mind, mind-set, attitude, thinking, or in purpose, which are all synonymous. Here are some other examples. Try substituting one of the given definitions where it says "spirit" and you will get a clearer meaning of the verse.

Numbers 5:14: "Or if a man is overcome by a spirit of jealousy."

Galatians 6:1: "Even if a person is caught in some transgression, you who are spiritual should correct that one with the spirit of gentleness."

1 Corinthians 2:12: "We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit that is from God."

Deuteronomy 34:9: "Now Joshua, son of Nun, was filled with the spirit of wisdom."

What does Paul mean when he says "Whoever does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him?"  Are we suppose to have a Greek-type "ghostly" spirit of Jesus living inside of us along with God's Spirit? Are we like a shell housing all these different spirits, our own spirit, God's Spirit, and Jesus' spirit? Of course not. What Paul is saying is that whoever does not have the mind-set or mind of Christ does not belong to him. Remember earlier how it was shown that we are to have the mind of Christ. If we believe his word, his teachings on the kingdom of God we will have the same mind-set as he does, we will be of one mind. This is how Christ is in us. His word, his teachings are in us. When we have Christ in us we have the knowledge of God's plan of salvation (the gospel) for us, our hope for glory. Christ dwells in us through our faith in his words.

John 15:7: "If you remain in me (Jesus) and my words remain in you."

Colossians 3:16: "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly."

Ephesians 3:17: "And that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith."

2 Corinthians 11:10: "By the truth of Christ (his words) that is in me."

Colossians 1:17: "It is Christ in you, the hope for glory."

Ephesians 4:21: "assuming that you have heard of him (Jesus) and were taught in him, as truth is in him."

Colossians 2:6: "So, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, walk in him, rooted in him and built upon him and established in the faith as you were taught."

This is the Jewish meaning of Christ dwelling in us. It is vastly different from the Greek philosophical point of view

Now back to my original question, does anyone else have any thoughts on Baixeras' works?

Paul

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2008, 08:03:31 AM »
The Spirit of God is the mind of God is the mind of Christ is the Word.  And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus..
--Phil 2:5
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 08:05:44 AM by Molly »

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2008, 08:04:50 AM »
The Spirit of God is the mind of God is the mind of Christ is the Word.  And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus..
--Phil 2:5

Yes, Jesus recieved the 'spirit' (mind) of God as promised as a reward for His obediance! (Heb 5:8)

Act 2:33  "Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured forth this which you both see and hear.

And this same Spirit (mind) is given to His Body of believers.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2008, 11:26:31 AM »

9For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. 10And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully 12giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. 13For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

The Supremacy of Christ

15He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Col 1

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2008, 04:37:46 PM »

9For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. 10And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully 12giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. 13For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

The Supremacy of Christ

15He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Col 1

:thumbsup:

Paul