Author Topic: Fallen  (Read 665 times)

Offline Kratos

Fallen
« on: August 21, 2007, 06:53:25 AM »
If anyone is interested in a really cool TV mini-series, "Fallen" will be replayed this Saturday evening. It is 6 hours long and deals with Angels and Fallen Angels and Nephalim (human and angel hybrids). There are several really cool UR references and types that would be interesting to discuss. Watch it if you can. It is showing here on the West Coast on cable on ABC Family network from 4 to 10 pm. I especially like the fact that those who think they are representing the Creator by condemning the Fallen find out that God is far more gracious than they were taught that He is and He had a plan hidden in Himself for the restoration of all.

John
Send me a Personal message
Seeking a Kingdom whose Builder and Maker is God

martincisneros

Re: Fallen
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 12:17:30 AM »
John,

Thanks for the head's up to be on the lookout for that.  I've definitely been wanting to see that since you brought it up.  Double-checking listings for when that'll be available around here.  Might just be a matter of translating that into my time-zone.

Martin

Offline AbbasChild

• Father Judges No One
    • Abba's Child
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 07:54:52 PM »
Man, it seems you've got all the good programms 'over there'. Something like that would never run on german tv.  :thumbdown:
It is much more possible for the sun to give out darkness than for God to do or be, or give out anything but Blessing and Goodness.- William Law

Man can certainly flee from God... but he cannot escape him. He can certainly hate God and be hateful to God, but he cannot change into its opposite the eternal love of God which triumphs even in his hate. --Karl Barth

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 08:07:19 PM »
 :cloud9: Hey, I don't know if any of remember this or not, but there was a guy that posted on the boards about 3 years ago, who was saying he was writing a book on the Nephalim, and wanted to know what anyone knew about them. Wonder if he was researching for this show?
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline fire walker

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 08:39:27 AM »
:cloud9: Hey, I don't know if any of remember this or not, but there was a guy that posted on the boards about 3 years ago, who was saying he was writing a book on the Nephalim, and wanted to know what anyone knew about them. Wonder if he was researching for this show?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Cardinal,

Are you speaking of Someone who posted
here on the Tentmaker discussion forums?

I do not recall any one individual member
who was writing a book on the Nephalim,
there was a thread or maybe two that I remember was discussed on a subject to do with Nephalim, weather the thread was directly about the Nephalim or not I can't remember, just remember reading some of the discussion is all, an interesting subject,
maybe we could start a thread on the subject, or better yet I would just like to watch the show Kratos told us about and then maybe post and discuss what other viewers here received in watching it.

John, is this a movie that has been shown in the theatres already, is this show available on video cassette, like could be rented at video cassette rental? I ask because where we live we can't get cable, it stops about 4 miles down the road and the cable companies have said they aren't going any further, not enough people up this way, not enough in it to satisfy them putting cable on up to this area.

Peace,
Fire Walker
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 08:56:13 AM by fire walker »
If in this life only we have hope in Christ we are of all men most miserable.

1Cr 14:19

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 04:22:21 PM »
 :cloud9: No, I think it was Sigler's board before it went down, but I thought I saw the same guy post it on other boards people told me about at the time. He said he was researching a book and asked if anyone knew anything about them. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw John's post. If you were researching such a thing, no better place to go than Christian forums, I would think.......
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Kept

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 05:18:22 PM »
Hey John,

I took your advice and watched it and it was pretty good. My 13 year old loves stuff like that so she watched it with me and she loved it. Especially when an angel would get set free.
I thought it was pretty well made. I loved the firey swords.

It reminded me of where the scripture says something to the effect of how the angels long to look into the salvation experiance

1Pe 1:10  Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1Pe 1:11  Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
1Pe 1:12  Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

and we do start out as messengers that hunt and kill with a 'divine mission' from God.....wow spent a few years using a sword on folks and looking back now in much  :mblush: it is a very humbling thing to recall my former zealous days in my youth.

what a lesson
kept
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 05:20:05 PM by Kept »

Offline Kratos

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 05:33:35 AM »
Kept,

That was the part that affected me the most. Here was the former leader of the "Powers" who had spent centuries hunting down and killing the Fallen angels and their children only to come to the realization that God had a hidden plan to restore them back to Himself all along.

Then, for this angel to have to fight to defend those who he used to try to kill against his former angelic comrades who had not yet seen that God's grace was greater than any of them could imagine.

Very cool.

John

And I think this was a made for TV mini-series so has never been in theaters, but I imagine that the DVD's are available somewhere. Try Googling "Fallen". Here is a link that shows some clips.

http://a51.abcfamily.go.com/movies/fallen/fallen/index.html
Send me a Personal message
Seeking a Kingdom whose Builder and Maker is God