Author Topic: ET believers and miracles  (Read 15108 times)

Offline Molly

• Gold
Re: ET believers and miracles
« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2010, 11:54:09 PM »
But hasn't the usa allways been multicultural?

Not really.  The idea of melting pot is largely a myth.  Until very recently this country was predominantly white European and Christian.

Melting pot meant that Christian Catholics were welcomed by the largely Protestant population.  They were more alike than disimilar.

Offline Lefein

• Bronze
« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2010, 11:57:06 PM »
The problem I'd say isn't culture coming in and infecting us, it is that the church is content to stay underground and not convert what comes into its presence.

The Catholics Christianised alot of pagan things, especially the people.  Which isn't actually a bad thing to do, Christ took sinners and made them righteous, why not take the holly branch and use it as a teaching tool?  (just a thought, bear with me on that)

So, in light of that...We are failing to assimilate the beautiful things that are in culture, and offer them up to Christ who appointed the existences of these nations to begin with.

Take in the wheat, get rid of the chaff, that applies to cultures as well as individuals.  We can't do that if all the harvesters and reapers are content to live like moles!  Quiet and underground...
CLV: Proverbs 10:12 Hatred, it rouses up quarrels, Yet love covers over all transgressions.
KJV: Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #127 on: October 15, 2010, 12:01:22 AM »
Well, you've seen what happens now when Christian missionaries go to Dearborn, MI.  Not only are they not welcomed, they are arrested.

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #128 on: October 15, 2010, 12:10:54 AM »
The problem is uncontrolled immigration.

Yes, to many coming in at the same time, but isnt it challenging to migrate to the USA? A lot of immigrants are illegal, how can they be stopped?

Shouldn't we be the first to help people come here and escape from whatever they are fleeing from?
North Americans need to get in touch with self-sacrificing love.

Ideally yes, but how?

There are millions of people on this earth who need food and jobs etc. While the Usa already has a lot of unemployed.

The solution is not drag them over to USa but rather, Get the church over there, to bring the transforming gospel of Christ to all the nations of the world.

At one point in history the Usa was just a large wilderness not fit for living, but through Gods grace he has transformed it through his people, physically and spiritually, but now as the people are in rebellion the USA is losing its power and according to some will no longer be the number one country but fall behind to China. This may in fact be a good thing, so that Americans can focus less on their competitive egos being number 1 and focus more on the lord. The lord might do something like this to bring change  :dontknow:

:2c:

Quaesitor

« Reply #129 on: October 16, 2010, 12:14:30 AM »
The problem is uncontrolled immigration.

Yes, to many coming in at the same time, but isnt it challenging to migrate to the USA? A lot of immigrants are illegal, how can they be stopped?

Shouldn't we be the first to help people come here and escape from whatever they are fleeing from?
North Americans need to get in touch with self-sacrificing love.

Ideally yes, but how?

There are millions of people on this earth who need food and jobs etc. While the Usa already has a lot of unemployed.

The solution is not drag them over to USa but rather, Get the church over there, to bring the transforming gospel of Christ to all the nations of the world.

At one point in history the Usa was just a large wilderness not fit for living, but through Gods grace he has transformed it through his people, physically and spiritually, but now as the people are in rebellion the USA is losing its power and according to some will no longer be the number one country but fall behind to China. This may in fact be a good thing, so that Americans can focus less on their competitive egos being number 1 and focus more on the lord. The lord might do something like this to bring change  :dontknow:

:2c:

Yet most of earth's richest people are living in the US.
Christians have to sell those billions $ buildings and start feeding the hungry, I think non-christians are right to rebel because christians are fat with the blood of the worlds' poorer.

But yet, I'm canadian...we are perfect.  :msealed: :icon_jokercolor:

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #130 on: October 16, 2010, 03:11:12 AM »
Yet most of earth's richest people are living in the US.
Christians have to sell those billions $ buildings and start feeding the hungry, I think non-christians are right to rebel because christians are fat with the blood of the worlds' poorer.

But yet, I'm canadian...we are perfect.  :msealed: :icon_jokercolor:

I agree give to the poor, this is a worthy cause. In fact there are benefits to giving to the poor, such as God's promise to keep us from evil and he also promises us riches in heaven, so giving to the poor is not just about loving people, there are also selfish benefits too promised by God.

But my quote Q is the attitude that people take, where they look to USA or in fact their own rich neighbourhood and they look upon them with envy, hatred and jealousy. These attributes are not healthy and it seems that today many people have a "bad attitude" towards the rich.

In the old days rich people were well respected as being blessed and people that would be looked upon as living hope that God is good, that he has plenty of resources so that people can be rich. It is also a fact that money is a strong survival instinct, a poor person might look at the rich persons nice car and dream one day of having his own car  :cloud9:. So we can see that being rich is not evil as such and can indeed motivate people, but it depends on the attitude the people take. Obviously not all rich people are "good" and use their riches for evil, but to me these rich celebrities and business people seem an ok lot, they might not be mother teresa, but they are not "drug lords", which is good, it means people can be rich doing business with morality and they do not have to be a drug cartel in order to be rich.

Offline Lefein

• Bronze
« Reply #131 on: October 16, 2010, 04:04:05 AM »
Wisdom is the best thing you can give to the poor.  It is wisdom that teaches a man how to fish.
CLV: Proverbs 10:12 Hatred, it rouses up quarrels, Yet love covers over all transgressions.

Offline firstborn888

• Bronze
  • Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #132 on: October 17, 2010, 02:28:32 PM »

To firstborn888 - I said earlier, I do believe the girls at my school were telling the truth and it could not have been a hallucination since they all saw the same thing.
Minds which are working together can "see" the same things. It happens all the time. Here's a famous example:
"In 1842 at La Salette, in France, two cowherds, an eleven year old boy, Maximin, and a fourteen year old girl, Melanie, saw a sudden flash of light from which a lady appeared, dressed in white and gold, with a cap of roses on her head. She was surrounded by a brilliant light and was weeping. The Lady complained that Sunday was being desecrated and the peasants were blaspheming the saints in swearing. (The Cure d'Ars and other clergy were regularly complaining about these very sins in their sermons). If there was no amendment, there would be great disasters—the harvest would fail and people would starve—as the Lady could no longer restrain her Son from inflicting punishment".

I have heard many many examples, even by family members. More than one person seeing the same thing "in the Spirit" and yet - when there was an accompanying meaning (word/prophecy) it never materializes.

Just sayin'  :dontknow:

Offline firstborn888

• Bronze
« Reply #133 on: October 17, 2010, 02:30:40 PM »

Not really.  The idea of melting pot is largely a myth.  Until very recently this country was predominantly white European and Christian.

Until very recently there were no European or Christians.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #134 on: October 17, 2010, 03:25:11 PM »

Until very recently there were no European or Christians.
And until very very recently, there was no such thing as Liberty.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #135 on: October 17, 2010, 07:14:05 PM »
And they *sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are You to take the book and to break its seals; for You were slain, and purchased for God with Your blood men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation.
(Rev 5:9)

And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, having an eternal gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people;
(Rev 14:6)

The biggest lie ever told is that there is not enough to go around. The earth replenishes itself (because of the word of God) at an astounding rate. It is the very wicked stewards of our nation(and the other nations), the rulers of this cosmos and their puppets, who want us to think that the reason things are hard is because there are "too many pigs at the trough". The reason is really that a few wolves at the top are strangling the world economy in the blood of their thefts and corruption.

"We fight not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers, the rulers of the hosts of wickedness in the heavenly realms...."

"Our weapons are not natural but mighty through God for the pulling down of every stronghold and tower that exalts itself against the true knowledge of God...."

I pray that the aionian gospel of Jesus will be broadcast from mid-heaven, destroying the works of the devil....bringing freedom and justice to men everywhere.
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Quaesitor

« Reply #136 on: October 17, 2010, 07:21:07 PM »
And they *sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are You to take the book and to break its seals; for You were slain, and purchased for God with Your blood men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation.

And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, having an eternal gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people;

The biggest lie ever told is that there is not enough to go around. The earth replenishes itself (because of the word of God) at an astounding rate. It is the very wicked stewards of our nation(and the other nations), the rulers of this cosmos and their puppets, who want us to think that the reason things are hard is because there are "too many pigs at the trough". The reason is really that a few wolves at the top are strangling the world economy in the blood of their thefts and corruption.

"We fight not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers, the rulers of the hosts of wickedness in the heavenly realms...."

"Our weapons are not natural but mighty through God for the pulling down of every stronghold and tower that exalts itself against the true knowledge of God...."

I pray that the aionian gospel of Jesus will be broadcast from mid-heaven, destroying the works of the devil....bringing freedom and justice to men everywhere.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #137 on: October 17, 2010, 07:33:01 PM »
The biggest lie ever told is that there is not enough to go around

Of course.  The breadbaskets on four continents produce enough to feed the whole world.

Yet, we have paid our farmers not to farm when people in the world were starving to death.

Now the breadbaskets are being taken over by those who would patent the seeds that produce food.

Can you imagine?  They would patent life itself if they were given a chance, and then kill you because you violate their patent.

They are examples of the law gone haywire, of the covenant with death.

I personally do not believe there are 7 billion people on the planet [look who's doing the counting.  They lie about everything, and they are telling the truth about this?].  But, even if there were, there is still more than enough of everything that all should live like kings.

Offline Lefein

• Bronze
« Reply #138 on: October 17, 2010, 07:34:12 PM »
The love of money is the root of all kings of evil.

Greed is the very antithesis of Grace.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #139 on: October 17, 2010, 07:49:30 PM »
The love of money is the root of all kings of evil.

Greed is the very antithesis of Grace.

Yes, because money is the currency of Bablyon.  And, money is based on paucity.

But, the currency of the kingdom is miracles and grace.

16Then he took the five loaves and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed them, and brake, and gave to the disciples to set before the multitude.

17And they did eat, and were all filled: and there was taken up of fragments that remained to them twelve baskets.

--Luke 9

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #140 on: October 17, 2010, 11:15:57 PM »

Great post Eaglesway,  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: you were flying with this one. What we need are more minds that think like this and the resulting faith, which replaces the fear of lack, produces supernatural power for change in the very earth, even producing more gold, water, soil, fruitfull land, you name it, we as saints can claim it and bless with it. Powerfull.

In Jesus name, in Jesus christ name. amen

Offline firstborn888

• Bronze
« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2010, 06:43:46 AM »
I am afraid to have a daughter in this culture.  :crywipe:
There are always problems of some kind. People often talk about a few decades back as if the world was free of any problems 30 years ago....
The plan is pretty simple.  Flood the country with drugs, movies, and music to commit cultural genocide and soften it up for the next stage--outlaw the culture [Christianity] and flood with immigrants who come from a different culture and take over.
Yeah, just like back in the 60's the red commies were pushing drugs and rock music to covertly destroy the country, right?   :mblush: And "flood with Immigrants who come from a different culture and take over"? A native American would say that sounds familiar.  :mshock:

Poetic justice, isn't it?

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2010, 06:57:18 AM »
I am afraid to have a daughter in this culture.  :crywipe:
There are always problems of some kind. People often talk about a few decades back as if the world was free of any problems 30 years ago....
The plan is pretty simple.  Flood the country with drugs, movies, and music to commit cultural genocide and soften it up for the next stage--outlaw the culture [Christianity] and flood with immigrants who come from a different culture and take over.
Yeah, just like back in the 60's the red commies were pushing drugs and rock music to covertly destroy the country, right?   :mblush: And "flood with Immigrants who come from a different culture and take over"? A native American would say that sounds familiar.  :mshock:

Poetic justice, isn't it?
Back in the 60's is when they started all this.  It wasn't that long ago.  They needed to divert the baby boom from anything having to do with politics so they could carry out their agenda in peace.

If the war on drugs has to do with anything other than wiping out the competition, it's a 40 year failure.  Otherwise it's a success.

But--Seems to me the baby boom is starting to wake up.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2010, 07:16:32 AM »
Back in the 60's is when they started all this.  It wasn't that long ago.  They needed to divert the baby boom from anything having to do with politics so they could carry out their agenda in peace.

If the war on drugs has to do with anything other than wiping out the competition, it's a 40 year failure.  Otherwise it's a success.

I saw something heart-breaking on a documentary the other night.  It was about "religion in America".  It showed a clip of a gentleman, school personnel standing in front of a classroom of 8-10 year old students.  Old black and white film.  He said, "today we're going to read from Psalms".  He proceeded to read about God Almighty, ruler of heaven and earth, to those young ears and minds.  It showed them sitting, listening, paying attention to a reading of the Word of God.

Then they bowed their heads and all recited the Lord's prayer.

It then detailed how several families sued, and the process of how open prayer was banned in schools.  A congressman then was shown, (a Democrat, I believe) who stated something like "this will go down as one of the darkest days in American history". 

It was pretty heart-wrenching.  1962.

Do we really believe satan doesn't have an agenda?  Thankfully, God has an even greater plan, or we'd be toast.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 08:03:35 AM by jabcat »
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Lefein

• Bronze
« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2010, 07:22:32 AM »
If not for the grace of God, we'd all be consumed.

Alot of preachers say that it is God's grace that keeps him from killing us all...This is true I think, but I think there is something more.

If not for the grace of God, we'd all be consumed by the agenda of the Enemy, who seeks to make us slaves to his will.

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2010, 07:41:04 AM »
Years ago, in The Coming World-Wide Famine Is Planned, there was quoted an estimate that if all the land that was arable, that is, capable of growing food, was put into production and all the oceans were sustainably farmed and everything produced maximally, no weather, pests, war, or other factors destroying the food, enough would be produced to sustain more than 13 trillion people.

I really should try to get another copy of 10 Lies About World Famine,or, Top 10 Lies About World Famine (etc.)  It clearly showed the problem is bad politics and bad religion.
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline firstborn888

• Bronze
« Reply #146 on: October 18, 2010, 09:02:52 AM »

I saw something heart-breaking on a documentary the other night.  It was about "religion in America".  It showed a clip of a gentleman, school personnel standing in front of a classroom of 8-10 year old students.  Old black and white film.  He said, "today we're going to read from Psalms".  He proceeded to read about God Almighty, ruler of heaven and earth, to those young ears and minds.  It showed them sitting, listening, paying attention to a reading of the Word of God.

Then they bowed their heads and all recited the Lord's prayer.

It then detailed how several families sued, and the process of how open prayer was banned in schools.  A congressman then was shown, (a Democrat, I believe) who stated something like "this will go down as one of the darkest days in American history". 

It was pretty heart-wrenching.  1962.

Do we really believe satan doesn't have an agenda?  Thankfully, God has an even greater plan, or we'd be toast.

Look - here's the deal. If government run schools allow teachers to lead prayers from the bible then they could (and must/should) allow teachers leading from the qur'an or pagan prayer books or whatever. Follow me so far?

The founders did not found the US on freedom to practice Christianity - they founded upon freedom - period.

In the process though they trampled on the rights of others in a very non Christlike fashion (we all know this do we not?)  :dontknow: Eventually the ideas in the constitution were upheld and blacks other minorities and women etc. got equal rights - something they were denied for centuries in SPITE of the constitution.

When I was a child (early 60's) the principal read "the Lord's prayer" every morning. Soon - he stopped.

Why did he stop? Because finally - constitutional ideas/principles caught up (eventually - just like minorities and women eventually got their rights).

How would you like it if a satanist principal read from the satanic bible every morning in your kid's school? I assume you wouldn't.

That's why officially sponsored prayer is prohibited (in government schools). It's NOT constitutional and has no place whatsoever in government organizations. We are 100% free to home school or private school our kids in Christian beliefs or Baha'i beliefs or whatever. THAT is freedom of religion.

What ya'll are complaining about is that not everyone wears the label "Christian" and therefore the government can't endorse Christianity. Well, that is as it should be. How else should it be done (pray tell).

I really hope my post helps because it seems that fundamentalist Christianity is one of the most superstitious and close-minded people groups on earth. And I'm a bit shocked that even CUs are caught up in this "us verses them" nonsense. 

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #147 on: October 18, 2010, 09:18:29 AM »
Thank you for your opinion.

"What ya'll are complaining about is that not everyone wears the label "Christian" and therefore the government can't endorse Christianity."  I haven't seen anyone say that. 

As far as the "us vs. them nonsense"?  "...and so that we might be rescued from abnormal and wicked humans;  for not everyone belongs to the Faith!"  2 Thes. 3:2

I personally don't disagree with everything you've said.  I don't think anyone is talking about hating or abusing anyone, or endorsing "fundamentalist Christianity".  Believing in a faith that disputes "anything goes"?   Wishing for a culture that embraces Jesus Christ and His ways?   You bet.  And God will bring it about.  I believe there's a purpose for the decline/falling away, as He works everything according to His will.

"When your judgments are upon the earth the people learn righteousness", "and the end of the Lord is merciful".  Good News!

« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 09:52:13 AM by jabcat »
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline firstborn888

• Bronze
« Reply #148 on: October 18, 2010, 12:41:22 PM »
Thank you for your opinion.

"What ya'll are complaining about is that not everyone wears the label "Christian" and therefore the government can't endorse Christianity."  I haven't seen anyone say that. 
That's what it boils down to though. Atheists complained because a government institution (government schools) were endorsing a specific religious belief system. They were right and the correct changes were made. Yet many Christians disagree with the constitution and want a totalitarian Christian state. Want proof? Virtually none of those bemoaning the removal of Christian prayer from government schools are calling for instating Wiccan prayers or Hindu prayers in public schools.
As far as the "us vs. them nonsense"?  "...and so that we might be rescued from abnormal and wicked humans;  for not everyone belongs to the Faith!"  2 Thes. 3:2
Perfect example. You (apparently) want government schools to endorse Christian prayers and (apparently) label everyone else as abnormal and wicked. The facts of the matter is that many who pray Christian prayers are abnormal and wicked (do you follow current events?) and many who do not are not. 
I personally don't disagree with everything you've said.  I don't think anyone is talking about hating or abusing anyone, or endorsing "fundamentalist Christianity".  Believing in a faith that disputes "anything goes"?   Wishing for a culture that embraces Jesus Christ and His ways?   You bet. 
You are free to believe whatever you wish - and so is everyone else. That's the point. The founders fled Christian states fully understanding that state sponsored religion in any form is a recipe for oppression/disaster. That's why Jesus is never mentioned in the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution.

And God will bring it about.  I believe there's a purpose for the decline/falling away, as He works everything according to His will.
People are seeing through the facade of fundamentalist superstition and so naturally some sects of Christianity will see a decline.

"When your judgments are upon the earth the people learn righteousness", "and the end of the Lord is merciful".  Good News!
Yes! AISI God is interested in practical fruit (equity/fairness/truth telling) etc. etc. - we all know what that means. Loving our neighbor as ourselves fulfills all righteousness. Governmental endorsement of a creedal religious belief system (Christian or otherwise) is completely outside of it's jurisdiction. A free/open society is the best possible scenario for good things to happen.  :thumbsup:

Offline firstborn888

• Bronze
« Reply #149 on: October 18, 2010, 02:10:39 PM »
I said earlier, I do believe the girls at my school were telling the truth and it could not have been a hallucination since they all saw the same thing.
Here's another case - 7 youths all went through a tunnel to hell - seeing things they were taught and most of those things having no basis in scripture in the first place.

http://spiritlessons.com/Documents/7_Jovenes/English_7_Jovenes_Hell.htm
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 07:28:10 AM by firstborn888 »