Author Topic: ET believers and miracles  (Read 13756 times)

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
Re: ET believers and miracles
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2010, 08:27:05 PM »
Quote, Lefein "Satan had to ask God for permission before he did anything with Job, and even then, he couldn't make anything out of thin air, he can't create ex-nihilo.

He can't enter where you don't open a door, if he can't create his ammo, and he can't get ammo where he is not allowed inside, and if he can only go where God allows, then he can only work with what he is given.
Logic."
I must remember it was Jehovah who set the whole thing up, it was not the Adversary who came  up with the cause and circumstance.
And as Nathan has pointed out in sevearl other posts as well as this one, the "mind" is what is tested. I agree. It was the the "mind" in Genesis 3 that "saw"
that caused her(the mind, the woman)( my reasoning) to take; 
Pauls writings say much about the "mind" that it is weak to wiles, until the "mind" of Christ is birthed(ICor. 2:16).
2Co 11:3  and I fear, lest, as the serpent did beguile Eve in his subtilty, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in the Christ; The teachings of Roman 7 and 8 speak much of the mind.
The Adversary is very real, but as to pinning down an identity, remains a mystery to me
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2010, 09:00:24 PM »
:cloud9: Having been in deliverance ministry in the beginning of my walk, I can't see it any other way, but literal demonic spirits. The Lord had to teach me and lead me in that, as it was before almost any in the churches even believed in it being necessary. That's my experience and my  :2c:. I have also been shown a heart of man application as to origin, which I won't belabor here right now.

One episode: As a home health person, I was sent to an elderly couple one day many years ago. The woman had advanced Parkinsons. When I took her into the bathroom to get her personal needs attended to (she was wheelchair bound), I asked her privately if I could pray for her, feeling an urgency since she was not going to be a regular patient for me since I was filling in that day.

She said, in an eerily creepy voice, "Oh, NOooo, I don't want you to pray for me. I don't want you to pray for me at all."

Lunchtime rolled around, and as she required feeding, I asked her if she wanted a particular food, and was puzzled by her lack of a reply. Her husband said, "Honey, she can't speak anymore, she hasn't spoken to anyone in 20 years."  :mshock:

The next trip to the bathroom took a much different turn, as I realized that I been conned by what was in her. I never saw her again. Blessings....
Here's what I don't understand though. If we can be controlled by something other than ourselves then how are we still accountable for our actions? I think it was Paul who said to submit to God and resist the devil and he will flee from us, right? Was it too late for her to do that for herself? 
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2010, 11:39:24 PM »
:cloud9: Having been in deliverance ministry in the beginning of my walk, I can't see it any other way, but literal demonic spirits. The Lord had to teach me and lead me in that, as it was before almost any in the churches even believed in it being necessary. That's my experience and my  :2c:. I have also been shown a heart of man application as to origin, which I won't belabor here right now.

One episode: As a home health person, I was sent to an elderly couple one day many years ago. The woman had advanced Parkinsons. When I took her into the bathroom to get her personal needs attended to (she was wheelchair bound), I asked her privately if I could pray for her, feeling an urgency since she was not going to be a regular patient for me since I was filling in that day.

She said, in an eerily creepy voice, "Oh, NOooo, I don't want you to pray for me. I don't want you to pray for me at all."

Lunchtime rolled around, and as she required feeding, I asked her if she wanted a particular food, and was puzzled by her lack of a reply. Her husband said, "Honey, she can't speak anymore, she hasn't spoken to anyone in 20 years."  :mshock:

The next trip to the bathroom took a much different turn, as I realized that I been conned by what was in her. I never saw her again. Blessings....
Here's what I don't understand though. If we can be controlled by something other than ourselves then how are we still accountable for our actions? I think it was Paul who said to submit to God and resist the devil and he will flee from us, right? Was it too late for her to do that for herself? 

You probably think of demons as being like those in horror movies. Demons are more subtle than that, apart from some instances in the bible such as the man with legions and the boy etc. These days these instances are kept behind closed doors and often the person in question was involved with the occult and gave permission for the demons to enter their house.

But your average joe might have unclean spirits of lust, pride, a religious person might have a spirit of pride, antichrist spirit etc. Trying to understand the relationship between the carnality of the mind and unclean spirits is difficult and I think this is what people in the church have difficulty with because the scripture shows that we battle not flesh and blood, but also teaches that a man is tempted after he is enticed by his own lusts, so we have seemingly 2 different teachings that are contrary to each other. It takes holy spirit revelation to understand how they work.  :2c:

As for the old woman she was probably tired which allowed the spirit to dominate her own spirit. That's a good indication if one has an unclean spirit is if they fell they are battling against their own self all the time, no peace.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2010, 03:12:12 AM »
:cloud9: Having been in deliverance ministry in the beginning of my walk, I can't see it any other way, but literal demonic spirits. The Lord had to teach me and lead me in that, as it was before almost any in the churches even believed in it being necessary. That's my experience and my  :2c:. I have also been shown a heart of man application as to origin, which I won't belabor here right now.

Lunchtime rolled around, and as she required feeding, I asked her if she wanted a particular food, and was puzzled by her lack of a reply. Her husband said, "Honey, she can't speak anymore, she hasn't spoken to anyone in 20 years."  :mshock:

:cloud9: Because we're only accountable for what we know, ie. have revealed to us by the Spirit. Most people were never taught about deliverance, much less deliverance for Christians, so they don't know. So they are easy prey for the enemy of our soul. And since most of the churches seem to think that a Christian doesn't need deliverance, then once again, they become easy prey.

The thing is, and what you can not get very many to believe, is that we all need to go thru deliverances, there is no shame in it, He lowered us into the dust realm, which is the serpent's meat! So he is happily consuming us, if we are not wise as the serpent.

And another interesting or quite shocking revelation for me was that what I thought was just a part of my personality, was actually something in my flesh. This is what Paul was talking about when he said that that he didn't want to do, he did.

Well, what made him do what he didn't want to do? The sin that was in his members. To sin is to miss the mark, the mark is the mind of Christ, the mind of Christ, is thinking about things the way God thinks about them. Paul said it's not the idol (sin), it's the spirit behind the idol. Anything we allow any part of our triune being to be in subjection to, the same is an idol, and it has a spirit behind it. Take not an unclean thing into your house, lest your worship that thing. It's not only our wood and stone houses He's talking about there. Twenty first century Christians think the Buddists, ISlamists, Catholics, to name a few, are the idolators, not realizing that idolatry is alive and well in their PERSONAL members.

If thy eye offend thee......well when our eye offends us is when the eye is being used as a gate into the city within us, to overthrow the King that resides there. Same way with the hand, ect. Whatever you give to be ruler over you, the same is your master. My  :2c: Blessings....
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 03:17:27 AM by Cardinal »
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2010, 03:37:51 PM »
Yes, that makes much sense Cardinal. One thing I never thought about before is that we all need deliverance. It's so true though, thanks for opening my eyes to that. I guess when I think of deliverance I am still thinking about movies like the exorcist which freak the heck out of me. But I have read many stories of people having been delivered from an evil spirit by someone and then the spirit entering back into them because they are unwilling to give up a particular sin. I have also read stories about people who were quite mentally out of it and then with a simple lifestyle change (eg devoting their lives to helping others) they became of sound mind.

I guess i'm just confused as to how deliverance works and why some people need others to deliver them. I am an avid believer in being able to change ourselves (with God's help of course). The whole submit to God and resisit the devil deal. So I just don't understand how or why some people need intercession?

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2010, 04:08:02 PM »
My :2c:
There are  different reasons. The devil comes to steal, kill and destroy(enforce and celebrate death and bondage) but Jesus is destroying the "works of the devil"- delivering, healing, celebrating life and freedom. Sometimes people have a breach in their natural armor do to something they have participated in, or perhaps due to the way they were raised, like abuse, or witchcraft in the home. Sometimes people are afflicted from birth by a spirit that causes a physical affliction. According to Jesus one blind man (or was it the lame man) was as He was "so that God might be glorified".
      I look at it like this. Not everyone gets sick. Not everyone who gets sick needs or gets supernatural healing. But some do need it and get it. Why? The answers are varied but it is so. I think deliverance is much like that. There are all kinds of opinions on whether and to what degree a Christian can be afflicted by an unclean spirit. I am not sure about that myself, but I am sure that when the body of Christ is functioning properly and a person receives "salvation" (sozo-deliverance, healing) in the fullness of the Spirit demons can't hang around.

The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2010, 04:28:58 PM »
I'm still not convinced it's all that.  According to some of your comments about how vulnerable people are to demons, you'd think the first thing Jesus would have done then when he first called the disciples would be to have them go through a "deliverance".  ESPECIALLY JUDAS.

For me, it again questions the power of the gift of salvation.  I too have been on both sides of the deliverance ministry.  And I see how much the church credits demons for mere human cravings.  It's not the person that did that . . .they've just got a spirit of lust, a spirit of anger a spirit of . . .fill in the blank . . .

Our minds once again lie to us about the power of the Truth.  Asking Jesus in to your heart isn't enough . . .you need us to anoint you with oil and call out the demons.  If anything, I beleive the purpose for the "cleansing" that Jesus manifested in the examples Scripture gives is as a SIGN to others that he has power over EVERY force, seen and unseen.    No where does it show that it was the Christians, the followers of Christ that needed demonic deliverance like the church seems to believe. 

I still believe this is 99% mental control and 1% demonic.  If my head is in it's proper alignment with the Spirit, there will be no "demonic" activity to manifest because I still see that the adversary is my head . . .my mind.  And there is still much untapped and unexplainable power that our minds have that can manipulate the atmosphere around us that man has not even touched the surface of discovering. 

And I think when someone has a broken mind, they mess with areas in their subconscious that they know nothing about, it affects their surroundings . . mind over matter . . .

Either way, I think we as a body have given too much power to the enemy with this and we pass everything off as a demonic spirit rather than taking responsibility for our own actions, our own dominion and our own authority.

But that's just me.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2010, 05:22:02 PM »

Recently, there was a young boy who told me he was afraid of demons at night and he asked me if I was afraid of them too.
I said no; They're afraid of me!

Quaesitor

« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2010, 09:22:31 PM »
I'm still not convinced it's all that.  According to some of your comments about how vulnerable people are to demons, you'd think the first thing Jesus would have done then when he first called the disciples would be to have them go through a "deliverance".  ESPECIALLY JUDAS.

For me, it again questions the power of the gift of salvation.  I too have been on both sides of the deliverance ministry.  And I see how much the church credits demons for mere human cravings.  It's not the person that did that . . .they've just got a spirit of lust, a spirit of anger a spirit of . . .fill in the blank . . .

Our minds once again lie to us about the power of the Truth.  Asking Jesus in to your heart isn't enough . . .you need us to anoint you with oil and call out the demons.  If anything, I beleive the purpose for the "cleansing" that Jesus manifested in the examples Scripture gives is as a SIGN to others that he has power over EVERY force, seen and unseen.    No where does it show that it was the Christians, the followers of Christ that needed demonic deliverance like the church seems to believe. 

I still believe this is 99% mental control and 1% demonic.  If my head is in it's proper alignment with the Spirit, there will be no "demonic" activity to manifest because I still see that the adversary is my head . . .my mind.  And there is still much untapped and unexplainable power that our minds have that can manipulate the atmosphere around us that man has not even touched the surface of discovering. 

And I think when someone has a broken mind, they mess with areas in their subconscious that they know nothing about, it affects their surroundings . . mind over matter . . .

Either way, I think we as a body have given too much power to the enemy with this and we pass everything off as a demonic spirit rather than taking responsibility for our own actions, our own dominion and our own authority.

But that's just me.

I totally agree, I've seen these kinds of manifestations, I've chased some with the name of Jesus and if I do not believe there are demons, I sure believe there is something spiritual and mysterious about evil and it IS a power.
It is just not intelligent and doesn't have an agenda. Evil is not a being, it is a powerful power until Jesus came in that is.

Recently, there was a young boy who told me he was afraid of demons at night and he asked me if I was afraid of them too.

Hehe, once heard a preacher in Africa who was talking about sorcerers, demons and black magic and said that if Jesus was given ALL authority and ALL power, that means these sorcerers have NONE.
 :laughing7:

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2010, 12:26:29 AM »
Hi Nathan,
    I hope you will grant that my brief comments were not indicating that I see widespread demon possession everywhere :o). I was just saying that for people who become afflicted by spirits, there are a variety of reasons.
I believe people are naturally protected against demons in general- God did not create us to be random receptacles of any ol spirit that drifts by. However, I have dealt with demonic afflictions and demonic possession on numerous occasions, and seen the power of faith in the name of Jesus work to set a person free- totally transformed. That is my testimony, not a theory I am proposing. Who knos, maybe I am deluded, but I don't think so, and I think the scriptures testify to these things as well. Peace, John
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2010, 01:07:27 AM »
Hi Nathan,
    I hope you will grant that my brief comments were not indicating that I see widespread demon possession everywhere :o). I was just saying that for people who become afflicted by spirits, there are a variety of reasons.
I believe people are naturally protected against demons in general- God did not create us to be random receptacles of any ol spirit that drifts by. However, I have dealt with demonic afflictions and demonic possession on numerous occasions, and seen the power of faith in the name of Jesus work to set a person free- totally transformed. That is my testimony, not a theory I am proposing. Who knos, maybe I am deluded, but I don't think so, and I think the scriptures testify to these things as well. Peace, John

I'll testify to that John  :thumbsup:

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2010, 07:13:32 PM »
Yes, that makes much sense Cardinal. One thing I never thought about before is that we all need deliverance. It's so true though, thanks for opening my eyes to that. I guess when I think of deliverance I am still thinking about movies like the exorcist which freak the heck out of me. But I have read many stories of people having been delivered from an evil spirit by someone and then the spirit entering back into them because they are unwilling to give up a particular sin. I have also read stories about people who were quite mentally out of it and then with a simple lifestyle change (eg devoting their lives to helping others) they became of sound mind.

I guess i'm just confused as to how deliverance works and why some people need others to deliver them. I am an avid believer in being able to change ourselves (with God's help of course). The whole submit to God and resisit the devil deal. So I just don't understand how or why some people need intercession?

:cloud9: Lomarah, when I first came to the Lord He opened my eyes to 2 principles which He showed me all the way thru from Genesis to Revelation. They were, deliverance and the fullness, opposites, if you will. I had 5 legal pads of notes and chaining scriptures when He was done.

I personally believe there is a difference between evil spirits and demons, but I lack the words to explain it. As for why you need someone to deliver you, you don't, always. If your heart is turned towards Father, it's as simple as recognizing a thought was not yours, coming against it on the outside of you, and if it persists, coming against it on the inside of you.

This is done by putting your hand on your heart area and commanding anything not like the Lord out, and loosing the fire of the HG on it. This is my personal experience. I think one of the reasons it's not discussed even among those who know of it, is because of the stigma that gets attached by those that don't understand it, and because it is humbling, especially to those who think or have been taught by their denomination, that Christians can't "have anything".

I'm talking evil spirits here, not demons, in the above scenario. People with true demonic possession have a tough time getting free without a direct intervention of the Lord Himself or the assistance of another believer.

They exit the body by coughs, that rise up out of the heart of you, like air escaping that causes you to cough. I've heard of people having them leave them with vomiting, ect. I think part of it is in just how real the Lord wants it to be to you, so you KNOW something left you, if you need a faith builder that when you spoke it, it happened.

Other times, just the realization that a particular dream meant something was in the "house" unwanted, was enough to be delivered. Sometimes it takes a fast, but I don't think it's as much for Him as it is for ME to focus and show my willingness to die the death, so to speak. He reveals things thru different means, and it's up to the seeker of Him to be alert and pressing in.

As for delivering someone, I learned from Him, not to command anything out, EVEN IF I KNEW IT WAS THERE, unless He told me to. When there is no true repentance, or when the person refuses to increase in the Lord in the weak area, you can make their state worse than when you started. The Lord leads, we follow. The abuses of it in the few churches that had a glimmer, missed Him in that simple area.

Is it my focus? No. Do I see devils at every turn? No. Am I ALWAYS listening and watching, in case He might speak or otherwise direct my path in the direction of ridding myself or someone else of a tare? ASOLUTELY. It's a big part of how we decrease so that He can increase, and I want this over so He can be all in all of ME, to begin with. IF we rule (over WHAT exactly, it's NOT each other) with Him, we shall reign with Him.  I'll share some more, if anyone is interested. Blessings....
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 07:23:16 PM by Cardinal »
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2010, 05:49:07 AM »

Well, I'm interested!

You should have your own thread Card, just your posts!

And Brother Willie, too!

Offline Lefein

• Bronze
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2010, 05:55:48 AM »
Building tabernacles?

---

Anyway...It is interesting Cardinal, it makes me run back through some of my experiences, though they aren't perhaps specifically 'exorcistic' in nature.  I have felt glares from outside and around me while praying for something really bold before...Almost as if Satan himself knew it was going to be answered, and hated it.  I'd never felt glares while praying before.  It wasn't just like that subtle feeling of condemnation that you get when you ask for something and you "feel-hear" this idea that "you don't deserve this, you're a bastard to ask for it!"...I felt an outright glare.
CLV: Proverbs 10:12 Hatred, it rouses up quarrels, Yet love covers over all transgressions.
KJV: Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2010, 02:46:52 PM »
Yes please Cardinal! The coughing thing, I had heard of that before too. And I have often felt something at the back of my throat, ready to come out and wondering if that is what it was... but I have never experienced the coming out... then again I have never commanded anything to come out. The whole thing does creep me out a bit because it's so foreign to me (and of course scary movies about these things don't help either  :mshock:). But anything that's not of Him needs to come out now or later and i'd rather it be now and He could be All in All in me so post away sister!

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2010, 02:49:27 PM »
Btw, I have also been discovering more and more recently what you said about people doing things without the Lord's direction. Even if it "seems" like the right thing to do, if God didn't tell you to do it then it's not! (I believe this includes sharing spiritual things with people, correct me if i'm wrong?)

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2010, 05:29:39 PM »
All those who are led by the Spirit, even these are the sons of God.

The Spirit blows where it wills and you hear the sound of it but you dont kno where it is coming from or where it is going to so it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.

I only do that which I hear from my Father.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #92 on: October 13, 2010, 05:56:12 PM »
Building tabernacles?

---

Anyway...It is interesting Cardinal, it makes me run back through some of my experiences, though they aren't perhaps specifically 'exorcistic' in nature.  I have felt glares from outside and around me while praying for something really bold before...Almost as if Satan himself knew it was going to be answered, and hated it.  I'd never felt glares while praying before.  It wasn't just like that subtle feeling of condemnation that you get when you ask for something and you "feel-hear" this idea that "you don't deserve this, you're a bastard to ask for it!"...I felt an outright glare.

:cloud9: Yes, opposition, even if you can't see it, is a given. People would never be able to sleep nights if they knew the true state of things, ie. what was around them, and everywhere they go. I know the first 2 months of my walk, I didn't, because He had opened my spiritual eyes. He had to "supernaturally" deliver me of fear; without it I would have surely lost my mind.

Turns out, that was the plan, LOL. Had to "lose" mine to receive His. Once I was delivered of it, I had to stand up to a demon that was after my friend. Once raised up in His authority, truly knowing who Christ was in me and who I was in Christ, it was a whole new "ballgame" for the next 3 years He had anointed me to walk in deliverance ministry. Blessings....

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #93 on: October 13, 2010, 06:04:36 PM »
Quote from: Cardinal
People would never be able to sleep nights if they knew the true state of things, ie. what was around them, and everywhere they go.

I often have had this feeling of bright light surrounding me, especially when I am trying to accomplish something that is important to me.  Once, when things were particularly bad around me, I had this feeling of a heavy [and comforting] robe on my shoulders.  I know the light is cutting through something but I have never seen what, maybe it's what you are describing.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #94 on: October 13, 2010, 07:33:19 PM »
Yes please Cardinal! The coughing thing, I had heard of that before too. And I have often felt something at the back of my throat, ready to come out and wondering if that is what it was... but I have never experienced the coming out... then again I have never commanded anything to come out. The whole thing does creep me out a bit because it's so foreign to me (and of course scary movies about these things don't help either  :mshock:). But anything that's not of Him needs to come out now or later and i'd rather it be now and He could be All in All in me so post away sister!

:cloud9: Scary movies aside......this is one reason I feel we need to understand these things. True story. I was getting my clinicals in, in a nursing home. I was only there for 3.5 weeks. Anyway, my first midnite shift there, there was an RN, and one CNA on duty. I had done home health for some time already, so I asked if the RN would just give me a list of rooms to do, since I didn't need training, and that way the other staff wouldn't be so far behind because of me.  So she did and they thought I would start at room 17, but I started at room 1 since I didn't know the patients.

So I went in and there was an obviously mentally deficient woman in the bed, naked, uncovered and in need of some serious clean up. She had tardive dyskinsia, I could tell right off, her tongue hanging out of her mouth, repeating over and over, "Help me, I'm in hell."

I put my hand on her head, and asked the Lord to remove anything that He could at this time, when I commanded them out. I commanded out anything that was not like God, and asked her to cry out to Jesus in her head (she was non-verbal other than repeating things over and over) and ask Him to save her.

She began to cough and I knew she was being delivered, and then she began to settle down, movements wise, and I told her I was going to clean her up and dress her, which I did. I then asked her if she was hungry (she was SO skinny), and I felt she was  trying to say yes, so I went out to the RN and asked her what I could give the woman in room 1 to eat. She looked startled, and asked me WHY I had gone to that room FIRST???

I said, so I wouldn't get in the way of the other staff and slow her down. She then asked me how I knew the woman wanted something to eat. I said, "Because she told me???" She told me where the Ensures were kept, and told me she'd be right there in a minute. I got it, and when she came she got as far as the door and stopped dead in her tracks, speechless, and tears started running down her face. She yelled for the other staff to come and see this.

My first thought was, "BUSTED", because I thought when I was cleaning the woman, if she can only say one thing over and over, then at least I'll make it "work" for her, so I taught her the "Jesus" song, ie. J_E_S_U_S, You are my everything, J_E_S_U_S, my everthing. Since places get federal money, most health institutions I've worked for, go balistic if you try to "push" or even say Jesus to anyone in there, so I figured I was in trouble.

So the woman is clean, dressed, arms folded, singing that song, sipping on an Ensure, when the RN walked to the door, then the other staff, who is also crying. Now the other part of the story. Except for repeating usually non-sensical things non-stop, the woman had not spoken in 20 years. She was only in there from the local State mental hospital, because of bed sores. She had been dumped there by her husband 40 years ago, right after giving birth to her son she never got to see. He had her committed. She had had shock treatments and every psychotropic drug known to man, most of which back then had severe side effects worse than the condition they were supposed to be treating, so she lost what little she had left.

As they were to find out 2 weeks later, she had been raped by staff members over the years in the hospital, abused by her husband, and really was "in hell" for 40 years. She was, because of all this, combative  and it normally took 3 people to clean her up, or feed her and she would rip her clothes off and hurt staff, and throw food, ect.

So their seeing her, stable, clean, arms folded, singing about Jesus, with me giving her sips of Ensure, caused their reactions. I was oblivious, since no one had told me. They were going to go in and help me, since they thought it was my LAST room to go to. So imagine their shock.....and the RN told me she wanted to talk to me before I went into another room, so I'm thinking, I'm probably gone now.

She confronted me by asking me what I did in there. I told her the truth. She and the other staff came to my bible study the next week, and received the baptism in the Spirit.

God is good. I didn't see the RN at work after that for several days, but she drew me aside to tell me all the nursing staff was talking about the "remarkable change" in this woman, who was now talking intelligently to them, telling them what all had happened to her. She told the RN to tell me she loved me (my clinicals were over in there). We serve an amazing God and He wants us to BELIEVE His Word and walk in it like we do. He gave us authority, Amen? Blessings..

PS. Because of the Jesus and the federal money thing, no one but me, and the RN and other staff ever knew what the catylyst was for the "remarkable change" in the woman.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 08:28:03 PM by Cardinal »

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #95 on: October 13, 2010, 08:11:27 PM »
All those who are led by the Spirit, even these are the sons of God.

The Spirit blows where it wills and you hear the sound of it but you dont kno where it is coming from or where it is going to so it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.

I only do that which I hear from my Father.

Amen eaglesway.
wow, we do surely share the same spirit.
Now, John, He is wanting us to not only hear the spirit and be led by the spirit but to WALK EVERY STEP BY THE SPIRIT.

In Him we live and breathe and have our being.

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2010, 10:47:48 PM »
Cardinal that story made me cry and really touched me as I have been in the nursing home/home care profession for the past few years. I wish God would deliver them all. I mean I know He will eventually. But oh the horrible things that have happened to people, it's so sad.

Why is it that it's usually the ones who have been abused though? Like serial killers and abusive people have all usually had horrible childhoods. (But some people who had horrible childhoods choose a better life.)

I always thought of it like Jesus said the truth will set us free, they are filled with the lies that they are worthless and that nobody could love them, that all people are abusive, etc and that is what makes them act out? I am wondering because I have always felt that there is more than one way to cast out evil spirits: the way you described Card, and replacing the lies with the Truth? (Forgive me i'm just trying to figure all this out...)

I really appreciate your posts!  :dsunny:

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #97 on: October 13, 2010, 11:25:31 PM »
No offense but I find America  a strange country.

My first thought was, "BUSTED", because I thought when I was cleaning the woman, if she can only say one thing over and over, then at least I'll make it "work" for her, so I taught her the "Jesus" song, ie. J_E_S_U_S, You are my everything, J_E_S_U_S, my everthing. Since places get federal money, most health institutions I've worked for, go balistic if you try to "push" or even say Jesus to anyone in there, so I figured I was in trouble.

A supposedly christian nation and religious freedom doesn't even allow one to mention the name of Jesus in a place where they need Jesus the most.

Thats like Saudi Arabia, banning Mohmamed or a church where one cannot worship Jesus.

What does that mean? Does it mean that America worships mammon before Jesus and doesnt want people in hospitals to be healed, bad for business?

or is America a nation of hypocrosy?

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2010, 12:20:50 AM »
Cardinal that story made me cry and really touched me as I have been in the nursing home/home care profession for the past few years. I wish God would deliver them all. I mean I know He will eventually. But oh the horrible things that have happened to people, it's so sad.

Why is it that it's usually the ones who have been abused though? Like serial killers and abusive people have all usually had horrible childhoods. (But some people who had horrible childhoods choose a better life.)

I always thought of it like Jesus said the truth will set us free, they are filled with the lies that they are worthless and that nobody could love them, that all people are abusive, etc and that is what makes them act out? I am wondering because I have always felt that there is more than one way to cast out evil spirits: the way you described Card, and replacing the lies with the Truth? (Forgive me i'm just trying to figure all this out...)

I really appreciate your posts!  :dsunny:

:cloud9: I think the way you described works also. Every situation is different if only slightly. All I had to do was read the truth about something the first time, and I was delivered that night. God looks at the motive of the heart.

I believe as Pentecost is the inpart realm, a walk is coming where the power that will anoint the words the sons of God utter, will literally set the others free. In fact, I think they will be set free by His presence in those that make it to the top of the mountain, without them even needing to say anything. I had one taste of this, and I believe that is what is coming, when the veil is not only doctrinally rent, but literally rent in individuals that have been seeking His face.

BUT: going from glory to glory doesn't mean we discard what works because we see something greater, it means it builds upon the foundation that was laid as all Truth does. So we remain open to do as the Lord would have us do, being all things to all people in whatever situation we find ourselves.

Not sure what your other question is....? Blessings....

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2010, 12:26:31 AM »

That's the spirit  :thumbsup: