Author Topic: Elected for the kingdom  (Read 1047 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Elected for the kingdom
« on: September 22, 2012, 02:03:32 PM »
(Mark 4:10) And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable.
(Mark 4:11) And he said to them, To you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but to them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

"that are without" are also the ones that are outside during the wedding feast I think.

(Luke 10:21) In the same hour Jesus rejoiced in the Spirit, and said, I thank thee, Father, Lord of the heaven and the earth, that thou hid these things from the wise and astute, and revealed them to the childlike. Yea, Father, because it becam

(Luke 10:22) And having turned to the disciples, he said, All things were delivered to me by my Father. And no man knows who the Son is, except the Father, and who the Father is, except the Son, and he to whomever the Son wants to reveal him.

(Luke 10:23) And having turning toward the disciples in private, he said, Blessed are the eyes that see what ye see.

(Luke 10:24) For I say to you, that many prophets and kings desired to see what ye see, and did not see, and to hear what ye hear, and did not hear.

1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Ross

• Est
  • Gal2;20
Re: Elected for the kingdom
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 03:04:19 PM »
One of the examples of the elect is when one considers an army.
I want three volunteers. You, you, and you.
These volunteers are then sent on a scout/preparation mission ahead of the rest of the army.
When they have done that mission the rest of the troops come out to the place that has been prepared for them.
IMO this is so like the ecclesia/elected being chosen for a different/preparatory mission ahead of the rest of the people. Does not make them superior, just the front runners.
We have had many examples of this sort of thing through all the explorers etc that have gone ahead of the peoples of their age.

Not one of the prophets had any say in what to do or say when on his mission.
Paul had no say in his conversion.
None of the disciples volunteered for the job.
Does that make them mindless morons? I think not. Just seems to highlight that our Father has a huge plan which is working out in stages of developments which some people have not been shown yet. Their time will come.
This seems to be the sort of thing Paul is referring to about the Christ being the first raised, then they who are the Christ's in His presence, then the rest of the all in all.
Fellow brother in Christ

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 03:27:39 PM »
It's a love story.

Ye did not choose me, but I chose you, and appointed you, that ye should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should abide: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
--John 15:16

I have taken you from the ends of the earth and called you from its most distant places. I said to you, 'You are my servant. I've chosen you; I haven't rejected you.'

--Isa 41:9

Deuteronomy 14:2 for you are a people holy to the LORD your God. Out of all the peoples on the face of the earth, the LORD has chosen you to be his treasured possession

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 09:54:17 PM »
Ross I really liked that analogy, thank you for sharing that! That is how I see things too but was trying to figure out how to put it into words. Thankfully now I just have to say Amen!  :declare:
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 10:35:46 PM »
Revelation of Christ  14;13  then I heard a voice from heaven say 'WRITE: BLESSED ARE THE DEAD WHO DIE IN THE LORD FROM NOW ON...

YES! SAYS THE SPIRIT,THEY WILL REST FROM THEIR LABOUR,FOR THEIR DEEDS WILL FOLLOW THEM

Christ the firstborn of the dead..tasted death for everyman...I tell you every man has died in the Lord[the Lamb that was slain before the founding of the world]

How will they rest from their labour and their deeds follow them?  they will no longer bear sin in their flesh..and labour for the wages of sin/death

their deeds in Christ will follow them as they are raised up in His image and they shall do the works of the Father...

now some men's deed's preced them to judgement[the prince of this world is judged that his works are wicked] and somes deeds follow[ the works of God in Christ

God chose Adam to be made in His image..fallen Adam bore the image of the corruptible[did Not choose God]  Mankind is elected of God to bear the image

of the incorruptible one..even if he be dragged to it.!!  lol!  can anyone say we don't know what were doing or what's good for us?

each in his order

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 02:13:25 AM »
(Mark 4:10) And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable.
(Mark 4:11) And he said to them, To you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but to them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

"that are without" are also the ones that are outside during the wedding feast I think.

Those that are without, yes, and in outer darkness too, no flames, saved also, just given the "bum's rush" out the door of the place where they were not worthy to enter.  God's Kingdom does not appear to be egalitarian... :dunno2:
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 07:25:22 AM »
I agree I like that analogy Ross.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 06:58:00 PM »
Flesh and blood does not inherit the kingdom of God.

But, flesh and bone does.

the firstfruits of them that sleep, for now is Christ risen from the dead, the firstfruits of them that sleep.

He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth, and in my flesh shall I see God.

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2012, 09:26:57 PM »
Flesh and blood does not inherit the kingdom of God.

But, flesh and bone does.

Indeed.  There is no mention of blood in the Bible before the eating of the fruit of the tree of good and evil, and no mention of blood after God's eternal Kingdom is set up.  I believe that the lymphatic system is the vestige of the original circulatory system, which did not involve blood as we know it.
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 05:48:35 PM »
If God selects to whom understanding and selects to whom everything is in parables..."so that they may NOT understand"
doesn't this contradict an ET God that wills ALL men to be saved. Was pharoah to be blamed because the Lord "hardened pharoahs heart?"
If parables cannot be understood by the "natural man" can the natural man be blamed for being born in sin and not understanding what God is talking about?
Let's see... this man doesn't speak French so I'll tell him what he needs to do in French. When he fails, as I know he will, I will torture him forever for failing.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 08:52:50 PM »
If God selects to whom understanding and selects to whom everything is in parables..."so that they may NOT understand"
doesn't this contradict an ET God that wills ALL men to be saved. Was pharoah to be blamed because the Lord "hardened pharoahs heart?"
If parables cannot be understood by the "natural man" can the natural man be blamed for being born in sin and not understanding what God is talking about?
Let's see... this man doesn't speak French so I'll tell him what he needs to do in French. When he fails, as I know he will, I will torture him forever for failing.

I think it's like salvation and other blessings - a sovereign God blesses whom He will, and keeps back blessings from whom He will.  Who are we to question?  He knows what He is doing.  The secret is knowing the difference between God's will and God's plan.  The plan may seem to contradict the will in the short run, but ultimately fulfills the will.  It's all in the Plan!

No, the natural man can not be expected to see and hear and understand, when God has not given him eyes to see, etc.  That's why salvation is by grace, that is to say, by unmerited favor.  It's not our doing, as we can NEVER measure up - it's God's doing, and who are we to question?  Rejoice, for glory awaits! :cloud9: