Author Topic: eimi ho eimi  (Read 594 times)

Offline redhotmagma

• Bronze
eimi ho eimi
« on: September 29, 2011, 02:47:45 PM »
Ex 3:14 God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." He said further, "Thus you shall say to the Israelites, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

the LXX translates I AM WHO I AM as eimi ho eimi

1 Cor 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me.

also eimi(1510) ho(3588) eimi(1510)

Prophecy of the fullness?  The mystery of the two shall become one?

Offline sheila

• Gold
Re: eimi ho eimi
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 03:20:32 PM »

shall 'what' is formed,say to Him that formed it,'what have you made?' Why did you make me like this?

Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay,some pottery for noble purposes

and some for common use?

You know when I was young,I did ask God why He made us like this?

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 09:03:10 PM »
I didn't think he did make us like "this".  I thought "this" was Adam's handy-work

Old Testament says God is "I AM".  New Testament's version of "I Am" says . . .

Hebrews 13:8
8Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. = I AM
Revelation 1:8
 8I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty..

Revelation 1:19
19Write the things which thou hast seen, (I AM which was) and the things which are (I AM which is), and the things which shall be hereafter (I AM which is to come);

What John wrote isn't about literal events as much as it is about Jesus and his nature "in" us.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 09:44:20 PM »
Ex 3:14 God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." He said further, "Thus you shall say to the Israelites, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
A more literal translation:
and.he-is-saying Elohim to Moses I-shall-become who I-am-becoming and.he-is-saying thus you-shall-say to.sons-of Israel I-shall-become he-sent.me to-you
(you=pural)

Prophecy of the fullness?  The mystery of the two shall become one?
Not imo.
For me it can mean two things:
a] Elohim will sent Jesus
b] Jesus says He will be coming (and refers to this verse)
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...