Author Topic: e-Sword - Boolean search  (Read 339 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
e-Sword - Boolean search
« on: September 11, 2008, 03:39:00 PM »
I want to search all verses that contain
a] God and/or Father
b] AND fire

And preferably a verse range.
It looks like e-Sword seriously lacks in its search capabilities. I hope I'm wrong because altough I own software that has those capabilities I don't like switching constanly to get a job done.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Paul Hazelwood

Re: e-Sword - Boolean search
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 03:54:16 PM »

I  like e-sword,  but it's search feature does seem to miss verses.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: e-Sword - Boolean search
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 06:51:17 PM »
Miss verses? That's even worse.
Bit funny too. Because I peeked into the files and they are just standard Microsoft Jet databases. Meaning the searching is done by a small handful of MS provided search commands used by millions of Access users.
Its a great program with a quite high 'quality level'.
Unfortunately the search functionality seems not to match the standards set the rest of the program.  :sigh:

The other program I use a lot is BibleWorks 7. It is capable of the most exotic searches.
It does also copy verses in a certain way.
Genesis 23:14  And Ephron answered Abraham, saying unto him,
I find 7 types of verse copying methods in e-Sword. But none of them uses bold liek in teh above example.
Can those methods be configured?
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...