Author Topic: dream I keep having  (Read 418 times)

Andromeda_Organa

dream I keep having
« on: June 16, 2009, 04:14:38 PM »
There's this guy I keep talking to online- he's a couple years younger than me and he lives in Spain- he says he just wants to be friends, but last week he said he loved me and then said it was a joke :dontknow: BUUUUUT he just broke up with the girl he wanted to marry and in the dreams I keep having, we're either in a relationship or married- I don't know what's going on, since my dreams tend to tell the future- but I don't feel anything for him more than friendship and that's all I want. I know European guys act differently than American guys, but being a virgin except for a rape, I don't have much experience with either. What would you advise I do?

Paul Hazelwood

Re: dream I keep having
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 04:26:56 PM »

The "I love you"  then  "Joke"...... =  JERK

Stay away from him.

Andromeda_Organa

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 04:50:16 PM »

The "I love you"  then  "Joke"...... =  JERK

Stay away from him.

k, thanks.

martincisneros

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 04:52:24 PM »
I agree with Paul.  Love's no joke EVER, and if friendship's all you've wanted, then don't feel pressured into more.  Dreams can be prophetic, but they can also be the emotions processing events and pressures you're experiencing, so sometimes it takes a while in prayer and the Word to discern which it is.  He might of said "joke" if he got really nervous.  Not sure if he was speaking Spanish or English when you guys were talking.  If it was "English," might not of had the best English and then if he got nervous in saying what he said, then might of been his version of "only kidding" rather than meaning it as a joke.  Cowardly if he wasn't going to stand by what he said to start with, or at least qualify it as in a friendship sorta way, but fear of rejection for such a proclamation isn't hard to understand. 

If you're dreaming of a relationship, and particularly a marital, then you're going to need to work through what you believe about this guy and what you want.  You seem to be growing more attached to him than you were indicating to me when we were talking a while back about this guy when I had such a thing as "time" and I'm deeply sorry for that on my part, and hope to be back on Skype ASAP.  Without getting into specifics of what your dreams have been, you seem to be falling for him.  I can only share from a guy's perspective, but seems to me that if a guy starts having those kinds of dreams of a girl, he quite fancies her :love4: and is wanting much more than "friendship" even if he's lying to himself that he doesn't.  So, you might be lying to yourself that friendship is all you're wanting with this guy, either because of the guy himself or some unmet need you're dealing with, or perhaps God -- but if it were Him, then you need to somehow spend some time in fasting and prayer to know that for sure for yourself.

Your dreams could be pressures about him coming from him, pressures coming from you about him with not wanting to be alone or feeling other types of "needs," your own buried feelings for the guy, your own ideals of what the guy of your dreams should be like attaching to him in your subconscious, sometimes they can be prophetic depending on God's calling on your life and your own developing prayer and Written Word life, and sometimes dreams are just dreams and you might need to stop eating an hour earlier than you normally do in preparation for your bedtime if it's that pizza or steak making you dream of happily ever-after.  Perhaps he just symbolizes your attachment for Spain itself that we've previously talked about, and that last I understood you were putting on the back burner because it was giving you too many other conflicts and when you did put it aside you suddenly weren't experiencing those other conflicts about feeling danger from Islamic terrorists and other issues, remember?