Author Topic: Does 7 or 8 days after conception has any Biblical significance?  (Read 846 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Does 7 or 8 days after conception has any Biblical significance?
« on: December 27, 2009, 03:26:16 PM »
7th or 8th day depending if you count inclusive or not.
Say conception takes place on Janury 1st.
Then Janury 8th is the 8th day counting inclusive. (Jewish way of counting)
Then Janury 8th is the 7th day counting exclusive.

Is that 7th/8th day of special Biblical significance?

1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

HartleyDamboiseII

Re: Does 7 or 8 days after conception has any Biblical significance?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 04:30:44 PM »
Truly sorry I don't remember enough to give an answer

martincisneros

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 01:08:13 PM »
7th or 8th day depending if you count inclusive or not.
Say conception takes place on Janury 1st.
Then Janury 8th is the 8th day counting inclusive. (Jewish way of counting)
Then Janury 8th is the 7th day counting exclusive.

Is that 7th/8th day of special Biblical significance?
Not 100% sure I understand your question. The Jews would count after the birth of the baby to the 8th day for circumcision and that's when the physical body spikes to the highest levels of vitamin-K that the person will ever ever have so that it's ideal for such a surgery in a primitive culture, and I'm thinking the immune system may also be in rare form on that day and then drop back down to normal levels for the rest of one's life, but I'm not 100% sure on the immuneology issue.

7th day from conception would probably theoretically be the baby's first Sabbath in this world, since the Bible sides with life beginning at conception as far as being in this world is concerned, and there may perhaps be something interesting in a Torah portion to follow up on anything insightful about the day of conception and the day of birth, if one wanted to get THAT DETAILED on studies, though I've never understood Jews to get that intricately involved with Torah portions though your much, much older, more studious and more reverential Rabbis might find it a fascinating thing to wanna keep track of for any additional insights that might come up about the life in question.

But how anyone could be 100% sure about the day of conception is beyond me, unless a marriage only involved sex once a year and on that particular day she happened to get pregnant.  But even the most hormonally subdued wife might potentially murder someone in their sleep if that's all he could do. roflol  Otherwise, one night stands, rapes, or a doctor artifically impregnating a woman would be other factors, but even then, I'm not 100% certain that anything of a regular sexual act would result in pregnancy within the hour or even within several hours of the sexual act.  All kinds of factors are probably involved, and I think I saw somewhere when I was a kid that pregnancy could supposedly happen the following day or two from a sexual act, but I'm not sure if doctors and researchers still believe that, or if they're now siding with it happening within an hour or so.  All of these kinds of factors would potentially mess with your math, if it did have special significance, so I'm bringing up the obvious about all of this.

If it were a matter of a desired pregnancy related to having a certain outcome, or which days have produced the heroes of history verses which days have produced the monsters or bums of history, that seems to be more a matter of the kinds of parents, the environment, the type of nurturing, the type of diet while pregnant, some genetics, and perhaps special blessings and other spiritual factors could be factored in, but I'm not sure if there's specifically magical days for when to become pregnant when it would be an extra special advantage, although each person knows their own body and can project 8 to 10 months into the future on whether or not the middle of summer or the worst part of winter is when they really want to be in that kind of position physically when they're suffering anyway if they don't do July or January well anyway on normal years because of temperature extremes.

But again, I'm not 100% sure if I'm understanding your question 'cause there's layers of the Bible that obviously speak to absolutely all levels of life and are relevant to each desired outcome, quality of life, et. al.  So, if I went deeply weird on you, I could probably pick the brand of paper towels based on some Biblical precept, like a Universalist refusing to use anything other than "ALL" laundry detergent based on no other factor than the name of the detergent, not counting if they like how their clothes come out, it's agreement with their skin type, etc.  There may be a deeply mystical tying together of truth that could be applied or a personal anniversary with Him that would be leaned towards on a pregnancy, but nothing where I could say chapter this of such and such a book, and this particular verse says "do these things" the week afterwards.

I've never heard of a specific Mosaic, Prophetic, or Psalmist statement about the week after conception.  But as with anything else, if you wanted to really dig in the Bible for something, you could probably find some area of guidance or something personally special that He might speak to you or where it would click and you'd have peace, joy, contentment, rest, or ease about it, if you weren't particularly aware of actually hearing Him on any other level.  If there were ever a way of being 100% certain of when that first week of new life were, then obviously it would come into that unborn child's first Sabbath and while the child likely won't take a 24hr break for religious observance on any cell divisions that it's doing, the day could probably still be used for speaking special blessings over the child, and the mother could likely get away with fasting and praying for a blessed child that lives a great life, free from tragedy, et. al.; prayer of Jabez type prayers could likely be prayed for the child and perhaps a trusted minister could be brought on the scene to participate in such spiritual activities.  But I'm not aware of any specific Scripture specifically prescribing an offering 'til the child is born (which from the perspective of my prosperity theology just waved at me that I'm aware of no one that's either preached or practiced some version of that), and I'm not aware of any specific traditions of special Scriptural readings that were prescribed 'cause in ancient times, all a woman had to go on would have been skipped periods, morning sickness, and a growing stomach.  There's nothing about the guy that'll let you know if he just fired a blank in bed or if that one was genuinely dangerous if she really really didn't want to get pregnant! roflol

Unless she just got sick IMMEDIATELY with morning sickness which let her know that PROBABLY she's pregnant, or unless she wanted to do something special with that 7th or 8th day later on her own "just in case" and to start marking it off with special time with Him every 7th day from then on, then that would be between that couple and God, then I neither know of how she could be sure apart from a prophetic Word or just having gotten sick immediately, as I said, nor am I aware of a specific Biblical commandment.  One might simply choose to believe one got pregnant and start marking off that kid's Sabbath's, personally, [or that first one especially,] until she found out that she didn't get pregnant that time, but I genuinely don't see how one could ever really know in normal circumstances when that day would be apart from something intrusively done like a rape or a doctor's visit to get pregnant on purpose.  Because married couples and even those that aren't even married but have chosen to go there premaritally will tend to be physically intimate more than one day at a time and usually several days in a row, to where there's no way of knowing if the first time or the dozenth time got her pregnant if she got pregnant.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 01:54:05 PM »
Not 100% sure I understand your question. The Jews would count after the birth of the baby
I'm not talking about birth.
to the 8th day for circumcision

But how anyone could be 100% sure about the day of conception is beyond me, unless a marriage only involved sex once a year and on that particular day she happened to get pregnant.
But even the most hormonally subdued wife might potentially murder someone in their sleep if that's all he could do. roflol
I think he died long ago. Or was not home often :laughing7:

I'm not 100% certain that anything of a regular sexual act would result in pregnancy within the hour or even within several hours of the sexual act.  All kinds of factors are probably involved, and I think I saw somewhere when I was a kid that pregnancy could supposedly happen the following day or two from a sexual act, but I'm not sure if doctors and researchers still believe that,
I think they do. It's even a method that gives a higher or lower probability for a boy or girl. Dunno the words that are used for this in English but here it goes. Life starts not at sex but when the egg merges with the sperm cell. Male ones 'swim' faster. So when the egg is present there is a high possibility for a boy. But what if the egg is still decending? The male cells are faster but also die earlier. So if the egg arrives late it will be a girl. Not talking about 100% here. But likely 70% or so.
But again, I'm not 100% sure if I'm understanding your question
I think not. For normal biology I can Google millions of articles.

My question was vague because I didn't want to steer the answers. But that didn't really help.
Okay...
I'm looking into Jesus' birth again. Medical science seems to agree the ideal pregnacy is 40*7=280 days. (also many multiples of 7 in the animal kingdom) I think 40*7 is a number most Bible readers will like....
When calculating back from Jesus' birth it seems He was born on the 1st day of the Hanukkah = Festival of lights.
It's a 8 day festival. That reminded me of the circumcision on the eigth day.
The sign of Jesus is the lampstand.
I only know them from pictures and then lampstand has 7 arms/candles.
But I'm sure I've once read an article about an eigth candle.
When the whole path of creation to Jesus Kingdom is finished a new week starts.
The eigth day. Eternity/rest/etc.
The festival originates from the Maccabean Revolt long befor Jesus was born. The festival was manmade as far as I know. (doesn't exclude the possibilty God secretly inspired it)

So....
When born on the 8th day the body get circumcised.
But when unborn? Circumcision of the soul? Or something other Biblical?
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

martincisneros

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 11:36:54 PM »
So....
When born on the 8th day the body get circumcised.
But when unborn? Circumcision of the soul? Or something other Biblical?
As I was praying about this question last night in the middle of the night when I woke up for a few minutes, and it occured to me that He still hadn't answered me about this most intriguing question, my Lord brought this up:

4 Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying:
       5 " Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;
      Before you were born I sanctified you;
      I ordained you a prophet to the nations." (Jeremiah 1:4-5)

Before we were formed in this world we were known by Him.

Being formed in the womb is a sanctifying process before we're born: surrounded by baptismal waters, etc.

And ordination to whatever calling, in Jeremiah's case in the above Scripture as a prophet, -- but whatever we're called to is what was occuring to me that probably comes up on the day that you're asking about.  Now, people actually doing WHAT He wants them doing in and with their life is an entirely different set of issues and that gets into the circular treadmill about Acts 17 and Him having us born where we'd have the best shot at pursuing His purposes.  It's looking to me as though there's some form of "Follow Me" experience at the 7th day with regards to whatever He'd want them to do.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 01:36:22 AM »
I've always thought Adam was formed on the 8th day.

7And the LORD God formed [the] man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man [Adam] became a living soul.

--Gen 2

Gen 2:7  And the LORD3068 God430 formed3335 (853) man120 of the dust6083 of4480 the ground,127 and breathed5301 into his nostrils639 the breath5397 of life;2416 and man120 became1961 a living2416 soul.5315

19Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

20And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the LORD.

21Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

John 20:22
And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 02:01:25 AM by Molly »

martincisneros

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 02:03:22 AM »
God formed Adam and his marriage on the 6th day according to Genesis 1.  God formed MTV on the 8th day :violin: :angelharp: :violin: :Violinhit:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 07:34:13 AM »
That was man he created on the 6th day--male and female--he told them to be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth and subdue it.   The number of man is 6.

But, Adam was given a different job--to dress and keep [serve and guard] the garden of God, also known as paradise.

He was set apart in this garden, and met and named every beast of the field and fowl of the air before he ever met Eve.

On a 7 day cycle, is the 8th day the same as the first day?

Genesis 21:4
When his son Isaac was eight days old, Abraham circumcised him, as God commanded him.

Exodus 22:30
Do the same with your cattle and your sheep. Let them stay with their mothers for seven days, but give them to me on the eighth day.

Leviticus 9:1
[ The Priests Begin Their Ministry ] On the eighth day Moses summoned Aaron and his sons and the elders of Israel.

3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

--Gen 1

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 08:21:37 AM »
Preparations are made for seven days--

14 So stand firm. Put the belt of truth around your waist.

He tied the belt around him. He dressed him in the outer robe. He put the linen apron on him. He took the skillfully made waistband and tied the apron on him with it.   He wanted to make sure it was securely tied to him.

Put the armor of godliness on your chest.

8 Moses placed the chest cloth on Aaron. He put the Urim and Thummim in the chest cloth

17 Put on the helmet of salvation.

9 Then he placed the turban on Aaron's head. On the front of the turban he put the gold plate. It was a sacred crown.

13 So put on all of God's armor. Evil days will come. But you will be able to stand up to anything. And after you have done everything you can, you will still be standing.

--Eph 6

On the eight day--

23And Moses and Aaron went into the tabernacle of the congregation, and came out, and blessed the people: and the glory of the LORD appeared unto all the people.

--Lev 9

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 11:25:53 AM »
On a 7 day cycle, is the 8th day the same as the first day?
"the eigth day" Yes
"THE eigth day" No

The cicumcision of the body was a special 8th day.
I've read about cicumcision of the heart. At 8 days after conception there is no heart ofcourse.
Maybe there is absolutely nothing special at that 8th day?

I just Googled a bit. Maybe it helps some for a Biblical link....

Between 5 and 8 days after fertilization, the blastocyst attaches to the lining of the uterus, usually near the top. This process, called implantation, is completed by day 9 or 10.
Well from what the Doctor told me when I got pregnant, it can take anywhere from the moment it happened to 8 days after the moment.
When the division of the developing zygote into 2 embryos occurs, 99% of the time it is within 8 days of fertilization. If the division of the zygote occurs later than the 8 days then conjoined twins are usually the result.